Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yay Jenn is at point! I don't see Erica, is she behind Jenn? Also wow Holly moved up quite a bit in the triangle. Weird that Amy T is at a really good spot on it too.

I'm not that surprised in Amy T's formation position.  Clearly, she is a favorite of Kelli and Judy.  She's pretty much in every calendar this year plus the cover of the swimsuit calendar!  

As for switching up the point during the season...I could definitely see it happening for the pink halftime show if they do "Shake it off" again.  Jen does stunts with some of the other girls so I'm sure one of the upper vets that aren't stunting will have to take her place.  I really hope they do something different this year for the halftime shows.  Don't get me wrong, everything they've done is super cute! But when you start repeating big performances like that...it gets a bit repetitive.    

2 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

I'm not that surprised in Amy T's formation position.  Clearly, she is a favorite of Kelli and Judy.  She's pretty much in every calendar this year plus the cover of the swimsuit calendar!  

You can tell she's a favorite even though her midsection is bigger than most of the girls.

This is kind of third-hand information so not positive if it is 100% accurate, but I think K&J are going to swap Jennifer and Jenna every other game at point. That makes sense since Jenna has been on the team longer. I'm not sure if Yuko got the 36th spot or what, but right now I heard that Kelsey isn't in the pregame show. I don't know if it is because she isn't a very strong dancer and just not ready or what? I guess with an odd number of dancers they have to swap people in and out each game unless someone gets hurt (which seems to happen a lot). Kelsey's very pretty so I hope she is ready and makes it in next game or at least on the sidelines. Can't wait for the show to all the Yuko drama. I really like her and hope she does well this season.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, MaryBeth21 said:

This is kind of third-hand information so not positive if it is 100% accurate, but I think K&J are going to swap Jennifer and Jenna every other game at point. That makes sense since Jenna has been on the team longer. I'm not sure if Yuko got the 36th spot or what, but right now I heard that Kelsey isn't in the pregame show. I don't know if it is because she isn't a very strong dancer and just not ready or what? I guess with an odd number of dancers they have to swap people in and out each game unless someone gets hurt (which seems to happen a lot). Kelsey's very pretty so I hope she is ready and makes it in next game or at least on the sidelines. Can't wait for the show to all the Yuko drama. I really like her and hope she does well this season.

Yes.  I also heard that Kelsey isn't doing the pregame performance and Yuko is still working on her visa so it looks like..for now..no preseason game for her either.  =(  Ugh that's gotta be just a stab in the heart when you work so hard to make the team and find out later you can't even be a part of the very first game!  Even if it's just being taken out of Thunderstruck (in Kelsey's case)

Edited by KristyMc19
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yay Jenn is at point! I don't see Erica, is she behind Jenn? Also wow Holly moved up quite a bit in the triangle. Weird that Amy T is at a really good spot on it too.

The triangle does not surprise me.  

If you read my observations about the Oxnard dance camp, where the Show Group danced in more linear formations, I noted that both Jenn K. and Jenna had great leadership skills, and that my favorite dancers were Amy T., Holly, Jenna, Mandy, and Melissa.  Those women all stood out in good ways even to a non-expert, casual observer like me.

11 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Hope she gets it in time for regular season. Preseason isn't a huge deal anyways.

True but it sure is to the Rookies!  Preseason is their very first time performing as a team in front of a larger crowd!  Plus it's best to get all the kinks and jitters worked out before the home opener =)

• Love 2
18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I thinks one of the biggest misconceptions is that girls so this to snag a rich husband. Most so it because they love to dance/cheer and/or love the Cowboys. Most pro dancers get paid next to nothing, no matter where they are, too.

I agree with you on the husband point - there's easier ways these days to snag a rich husband.  But my guess is most of these girls go through this process not only because they love to dance/cheer or love the Cowboys but also because of the opportunities they think it can provide and the doors it could open.

I would assume most pro dancers get paid little, but it's probably still more than NFL cheerleaders get paid.  At least if you're being paid next to nothing as one of 50 dancers on an off Broadway show it's still much better for your resume and future career prospects than being an NFL cheerleader. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MaryBeth21 said:

If Kelsey was pulled from Pregame ... Why do I see her in the back of the triangle practicing for the pre-season game?  

40 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

True but it sure is to the Rookies!  Preseason is their very first time performing as a team in front of a larger crowd!  Plus it's best to get all the kinks and jitters worked out before the home opener =)

Yeah, Kelsey is not in the pregame as of now. I guess her kicks have been concerning and she's still making some memory mistakes.  And see, this is what annoys me to no end - so much anymore is all for the drama, drama, drama.  I mean, no secret here that I love Kelsey. #teamkelsey4ever  She and Maddie were hands down my favorites this year; Kelsey is an incredibly sweet person and a very hard worker.  She herself though has said she has not had any real technical dance experience - that she's mostly self taught and only dancing the last few years (i'm not counting cheer experience).  As THRILLED as I truly am that she made the team (and I personally think she can do this), if she is so shaky that they are taking her out of the pregame, then they should have just told her to get a bunch of technical training this year and come back next year and she probably would have had zero issues.  SO what, they are going to embarrass her now by being like haha JK, sit this one out or cut her after the fact? I will be BEYOND pissed if that happens.  

My hope is that they do truly like Kelsey (from my understanding she was a favorite of at least Kelli this year and of the judges at finals - and heck, they put her in the squad photo) and want her on the team so they brought her on under the hope that she will grow and mature as a dancer and be fine through the season.  And agree that I kind of think it's dumb to not have her do the preseason - that's like the 'practice' show.  If she doesn't do as well as they'd like there, then don't have her do the home opener or whatever.  But I admit I don't really get how all of that works and what is deemed most important.  

And with all that said, just how bad were Kyndall and Amy that they cut them last minute?? both of those girls are beautiful too. I bet Kyndall could not be more upset with herself for not agreeing to be a Melissa Project.  

As for Yuko, I feel like I know next to nothing of the details of her situation so I am going to continue to reserve judgment till the shows airs.  Like with Amy though, 99% of what I've heard about her is glowing and positive so it doesn't surprise me that she made it.  At the end of the day, rules be damned. Kelli makes the rules and if she wants to change things up to fit her vision for that year, I say go Kelli! All's fair in cheer and DCC land.  LOL  (<--and I realize that then has to hold true with decisions to keep girls out of the first game, etc...) 

42 minutes ago, California Girl said:

If you read my observations about the Oxnard dance camp, where the Show Group danced in more linear formations, I noted that both Jenn K. and Jenna had great leadership skills, and that my favorite dancers were Amy T., Holly, Jenna, Mandy, and Melissa.  Those women all stood out in good ways even to a non-expert, casual observer like me.

What about Erica? I have always loved watching her perform (esp over Amy T)- was she not as solid as the ones you mentioned? I am still afraid something is up with her if they threw her in behind the point girl :-P Nooo, I love Erica!! 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So it's pretty fair to guess Kelsey will be a one hit wonder.

I sure hope not :( I'm hoping she is like Caila...rough start to rookie year but blossomed and then had a wonderful second year. Just not repeat the rampant partying/weight gain part lol 

1 hour ago, MaryBeth21 said:

That would be kind of cool to have Jenna and Jennifer share it.  I could see Jennifer being very supportive of that even though it really sounds like it is her last year.  Jenna will be awesome - she IS Mini Mia, afterall! :) 

• Love 5

Well their not just going to have everyone bust their butts during practice and just have Kelsey sit and watch.  So, I'm sure that's why they stuck her there so she can dance with everyone else.  Hate to point it out...but her positioning is wrong compared to everyone else.  x(  I'm a dancer myself...I see these things and it drives me nuts!  Sorry!  Thinking of the "picture moment"    

• Love 3
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

I appreciate your insight as a non-expert as well lol. Holly and Jenna are two of my faves. I haven't heard much of Mandy, but she is super adorable.

I'm anxious to watch the show to see why they took Kelsey over Kyndall/Amy. With Kelsey having no technical training, I would think it would make Judy's job that much more difficult (as well as the rest of the team) having to keep doing things over and over again. Hopefully Kelsey will pull it together and prove the doubters wrong. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Right behind point is a very good spot. I like to call the the Lauren Williams spot.  Especially when they spread into two lines during thunder, and your center one row back. Erica is in a good place.

I would 100% agree with this. I would also agree with whoever said hair color as well as height plays a factor in it too. 

So either they didn't cut Kelsey because she's so beautiful, or Amy must have been really bad. That freaking sucks for Amy if they kept Kelsey because she's one of Kelli's favorites. 

So if Yuko can't dance due to Visa issues and Kelsey can't dance because of dance issues, that's 35 girls on the field, right?

46 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

Well their not just going to have everyone bust their butts during practice and just have Kelsey sit and watch.  So, I'm sure that's why they stuck her there so she can dance with everyone else.  Hate to point it out...but her positioning is wrong compared to everyone else.  x(  I'm a dancer myself...I see these things and it drives me nuts!  Sorry!  Thinking of the "picture moment"    

Yikes. Thanks for pointing that out. DCC are known for their precision. The back row needs to be as precise as the front row since 100,000 pairs of eyes are on them from all angles! The preseason game is their first time out on the field with all the cameras on them (as well as the CMT cameras!) It has to be perfect! 

• Love 2

I lean towards the first preseason game needing to be perfect as well, honestly. Preseason gives the team and particularly new and rookie football players a chance to work out their jitters in front of an audience, to be sure, but I guess I don't feel like the cheerleaders need the same. Is preseason really for them as well? Sure, the audience is new, but they've been training for their dances for eight weeks, which seems sufficient for professional dancers.

Here's where I contradict myself - one of my favorite seasons was the one that had extra episodes and we saw them work through some kinks in preseason. I was glad they kept Emily (one season wonder) and Jordan despite some of their issues. Was that Chelsea, Danielle and Jasmine's first season too? So while I also rooted for Kelsey to stop having terrible interviews and make the team, if she's not doing pregame for any reason besides injury, that gets a big eyebrow from me. And I can't imagine what she has that's just that much better than some of the girls that have been cut by the end, including Taylor from last season. I enjoyed the hell out of her sideline dances, even if her kicks came up short.

Edited by kalibean
Formatting
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, Kelsey is not in the pregame as of now. I guess her kicks have been concerning and she's still making some memory mistakes.  And see, this is what annoys me to no end - so much anymore is all for the drama, drama, drama.  I mean, no secret here that I love Kelsey. #teamkelsey4ever  She and Maddie were hands down my favorites this year; Kelsey is an incredibly sweet person and a very hard worker.  She herself though has said she has not had any real technical dance experience - that she's mostly self taught and only dancing the last few years (i'm not counting cheer experience).  As THRILLED as I truly am that she made the team (and I personally think she can do this), if she is so shaky that they are taking her out of the pregame, then they should have just told her to get a bunch of technical training this year and come back next year and she probably would have had zero issues.  SO what, they are going to embarrass her now by being like haha JK, sit this one out or cut her after the fact? I will be BEYOND pissed if that happens.  

My hope is that they do truly like Kelsey (from my understanding she was a favorite of at least Kelli this year and of the judges at finals - and heck, they put her in the squad photo) and want her on the team so they brought her on under the hope that she will grow and mature as a dancer and be fine through the season.  And agree that I kind of think it's dumb to not have her do the preseason - that's like the 'practice' show.  If she doesn't do as well as they'd like there, then don't have her do the home opener or whatever.  But I admit I don't really get how all of that works and what is deemed most important.  

And with all that said, just how bad were Kyndall and Amy that they cut them last minute?? both of those girls are beautiful too. I bet Kyndall could not be more upset with herself for not agreeing to be a Melissa Project.  

As for Yuko, I feel like I know next to nothing of the details of her situation so I am going to continue to reserve judgment till the shows airs.  Like with Amy though, 99% of what I've heard about her is glowing and positive so it doesn't surprise me that she made it.  At the end of the day, rules be damned. Kelli makes the rules and if she wants to change things up to fit her vision for that year, I say go Kelli! All's fair in cheer and DCC land.  LOL  (<--and I realize that then has to hold true with decisions to keep girls out of the first game, etc...) 

What about Erica? I have always loved watching her perform (esp over Amy T)- was she not as solid as the ones you mentioned? I am still afraid something is up with her if they threw her in behind the point girl :-P Nooo, I love Erica!! 

There is nothing wrong with Erica.  She has a clasically pretty face and a great figure, and is one of the most traditionally photogenic and telegenic of the current squad.

In fact, when I saw that some of the DCC SG had visited the set of The Bachelorette, I wondered if the show's casting agent wouldn't want to cast her for some future installment of The Bachelor/The Bachelorette.

If the DCC were only a television show or calendar photos,  your attention would clearly be drawn to Erica for her beauty.

But in terms of their live performance at Oxnard, Erica was not grabbing my attention through dance the way some of the DCC teammates were.  That surprised me.  The other women I mentioned had certain ineffable qualities that were brought out and amplified more in their dancing.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, MaryBeth21 said:

I would 100% agree with this. I would also agree with whoever said hair color as well as height plays a factor in it too. 

ok, i feel better lol  It's probably still a highly-photographed place, right? She is so photogenic it'd be a waste otherwise. 

17 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Does anyone know why Kelli asks the girls about plastic surgery the way she does?  I could not understand why she asked Colby if she has cheek fillers and asks the girls on camera if their boobs are "theirs" or bought".  Especially with Colby I don't see how cheek fillers have anything to do with their ability to dance.  

I agree - I think it's totally inappropriate.  Not sure why it's her business

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, MaryBeth21 said:

I'm anxious to watch the show to see why they took Kelsey over Kyndall/Amy. With Kelsey having no technical training, I would think it would make Judy's job that much more difficult (as well as the rest of the team) having to keep doing things over and over again. Hopefully Kelsey will pull it together and prove the doubters wrong. 

I hope so. I really love Kelsey. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

exactly ... thighs too (even though she's still really pretty) but it's all relative to other girls

I think the other Amy is prettier lol

Im basically repeating everything RazzleberryPie said but girl behind the point is a good position, she is highlighted in the straight line formation! Only the strong dance there. Past girls have been Kinzie (Emma subbed most of the season though), Lauren, and Kelsey. Erica is in a great position and only a third year and will continue to move up. She was awesome at Oxnard and very personable during the meet and greet.

Not doubting anyone's cred but finding it hard to believe that Jenny Kat has been top of the triangle since Holly left but is now getting booted for Jenna, 10 days before the first pregame? WHY? Give us the deets.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I didn't realize that only select DCC perform at pregame - I thought it was everyone... if they didn't think she was able to perform even during preseason, why would they take her on the team and risk her during the real season?

• Love 4

I've been pulling for Kelsey this whole time. I sure hope she can work out whatever kinks there are so she can be in the first game.  Any thoughts that having her sit out for pre-game and then make it in for opening day might be for show drama?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think the other Amy is prettier lol

I do feel bad for the Other Amy lol  I think a lot of people probably have no clue she exists, even tho she got a Barbie this year. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I do feel bad for the Other Amy lol  I think a lot of people probably have no clue she exists, even tho she got a Barbie this year. 

I know! I don't know why she fades into the background so much.

Kelsey is in the same spot as Caila was.  They were going to pull Caila, but one of the trainers talked to her and she got it together.  But this happened during the afternoon practice right before the game.  When is the preseason game? And why is a decision happening before day of game?  Loved that Holly is close to triangle and I am sure she will get point one day! 

• Love 1

WOW....so much information.  I can't even sort through it all.  I just finished watching season 10, episode 1.....I can't wait for the new season to start. 

Ok, I know this is going to sound really stupid, but can someone tell me or has a picture of Kelsey?  I am having a mental block and I can't picture her.  Also, Kat got cut??  Do we know why?  She seemed so cute and adorable.

Last question, and I'm sure this has been answered so many times, Yuko did make the team but missed part of training camp to go home to Japan because of Visa issues? Again, I'm sorry....I'm out of the loop and I'm sure everyone is sick of the Yuko question.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I didn't realize that only select DCC perform at pregame - I thought it was everyone... if they didn't think she was able to perform even during preseason, why would they take her on the team and risk her during the real season?

Well you gotta remember, they still have another home preseason game before the first regular game of the season.  It sounds like they are still having Kelsey dance next Friday (the first preseason game) just pulled from Thunderstruck.  Maybe she just needs more time to get her kicks higher and nail the choreography with high stamina.

18 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

WOW....so much information.  I can't even sort through it all.  I just finished watching season 10, episode 1.....I can't wait for the new season to start. 

Ok, I know this is going to sound really stupid, but can someone tell me or has a picture of Kelsey?  I am having a mental block and I can't picture her.  Also, Kat got cut??  Do we know why?  She seemed so cute and adorable.

Last question, and I'm sure this has been answered so many times, Yuko did make the team but missed part of training camp to go home to Japan because of Visa issues? Again, I'm sorry....I'm out of the loop and I'm sure everyone is sick of the Yuko question.

Kelsey is on the left in this pic below...they seriously look like Barbie and Teresa! (wasn't that the name of one of Barbie's best friends? drawing a blank but that sounds right lol) 

18 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

Kat was cut for a weak solo (too much of her gymnastics - ribbon twirling stuff), being late to interview and was also called out for wearing a dress to interviews that had cut outs (a no no, apparently).  I think also just not making the necessary improvements in power. 

And yes, Yuko was out of the country for a few days and missed some of TC.  She is apparently a wonderful dancer, really picks up fast and got the style down so she was able to miss some practices and still do well. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Kelsey is on the left in this pic below...they seriously look like Barbie and Teresa! (wasn't that the name of one of Barbie's best friends? drawing a blank but that sounds right lol) 

Kat was cut for a weak solo (too much of her gymnastics - ribbon twirling stuff), being late to interview and was also called out for wearing a dress to interviews that had cut outs (a no no, apparently).  I think also just not making the necessary improvements in power. 

And yes, Yuko was out of the country for a few days and missed some of TC.  She is apparently a wonderful dancer, really picks up fast and got the style down so she was able to miss some practices and still do well. 

Thank you!  Ribbon twirling?!  She should know better than that!  Kitty basically told her she doesn't need the ball (when she tried out her rookie year)  I can't wait to see this dress. 

I really can't wait for this season, it sounds like there is going to be so much drama from every which way. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That pic of Kelsey and Tasha - does she have some kind of filter on it, bc they look like makeup is literally painted on drag queen style. Not flattering. 

It looks odd to me too. Almost like those kiddy beauty pageant pictures. 

• Love 4

I imagine they use air brush make up and lots more than usual for the squad photo.  It could be a filter but that kind of make up is par for the course for that kind of event. I still think they look amazing. 

• Love 5