Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Yeah, or you know, "the general..of the army," as Judy once said. I mean can you imagine? ;)

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. Yoshiko Danjo who made the squad in season one spoke pretty broken English. They played up how "cute" and funny her language faux pas were. I'm sure that Kelli has figured out an angle for Yuko too.

Yes, they will try to make her seem as cutesy as when Kelly Pickler talks. 

14 hours ago, Bubbetv said:

Actually, in that article she is attributed a direct quote that shows a decent command of conversational English. It's probably more efficient for her to have a translator during rehearsals to deliver the nuances that are being thrown out rapidly and often. I'm looking forward to this season more than I expected, and Yuko's story is part of the reason!

Actually that may not have been a direct quote from her but what was translated and put into correct English.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah, that really was their best rookie class in a long time. I don't think they've had a class that beautiful and talented since.

But they wI'll still say, "This is best class of rookies we have seen." Pass the cowboyrita, it's my turn to drink.

• Love 4

From last season and watching the audition video, I just didn't think Kyndal was a very good DCC-style dancer.  So I currently am imagining that it was her dancing and performance that got her cut, just like last year.  I think Kelli in particular really liked her, and wanted to give her every chance--like last year, after bombing one of the last practices, and Kyndal asked for another chance to prove herself and then couldn't pull it off.  

As for the look of the rookie class, I also have thought that several weren't that attractive, facially I mean.  But I expect some will improve their makeup and styling as they move in the DCC world.  Already, some rookies look prettier to me in recent photos than I thought they did at auditions.  I also appreciate that sometimes girls are chosen more for their talents and personalities, even if they're not drop dead gorgeous.  I think that speaks well of K & J, and just might send a message to some (especially young girls) that looks really aren't everything.  My favorite rookie from the audition video is an amazing dancer, but I was worried because she didn't look cute or pretty to me and I thought, if she doesn't get a great makeover, that could get her cut.  Happy to see that she made the team! 

Was it Kyndall that auditioned for a team in California last year? Or am I thinking of someone else...?

10 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Rose was the one who went to CA I think 

Yes! I remember now.

Interesting -- we travel for Eagles games all the time, as do our friends, and across the board they will tell you ATT is the worst to watch a game, and it is usually one of the cheapest trips -- because they can almost always secure tickets at face value.

47 minutes ago, M1977G said:

From last season and watching the audition video, I just didn't think Kyndal was a very good DCC-style dancer.  So I currently am imagining that it was her dancing and performance that got her cut, just like last year.  I think Kelli in particular really liked her, and wanted to give her every chance--like last year, after bombing one of the last practices, and Kyndal asked for another chance to prove herself and then couldn't pull it off.  

As for the look of the rookie class, I also have thought that several weren't that attractive, facially I mean.  But I expect some will improve their makeup and styling as they move in the DCC world.  Already, some rookies look prettier to me in recent photos than I thought they did at auditions.  I also appreciate that sometimes girls are chosen more for their talents and personalities, even if they're not drop dead gorgeous.  I think that speaks well of K & J, and just might send a message to some (especially young girls) that looks really aren't everything.  My favorite rookie from the audition video is an amazing dancer, but I was worried because she didn't look cute or pretty to me and I thought, if she doesn't get a great makeover, that could get her cut.  Happy to see that she made the team! 

I agree, they can make a mediocre(at best) girl look glamorous and fit into the glass slipper that is the DCC style, look, etc.

• Love 1

Can you imagine making it all the way through training camp twice only to get cut again. Then watch the squad get announced?! How dirty and low of K &J to do that to Kyndal. This reality show editing crap should go. I know for sure without it the squad would look entirely different. The media has made monsters out of this business. Not cool IMO

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Dancemajor said:

Can you imagine making it all the way through training camp twice only to get cut again. Then watch the squad get announced?! How dirty and low of K &J to do that to Kyndal. This reality show editing crap should go. I know for sure without it the squad would look entirely different. The media has made monsters out of this business. Not cool IMO

I felt like last season they kind of gave her (Kyndall) more than a "wing and a prayer" that if she came back next year (this year) she would make the team. Still bummed about this.

• Love 3

Looking at Bethany's IG and I am pretty sure she is roomies (or was) with Kyndall and Jessika.  I know it's prob nice to have people going through the same thing living with you but then when some make it and others don't...UGH. so awkward. 

I also didn't realize that Bethany tried out last year! I don't remember any footage of her 'talking head'...

Although I do agree it was a bit grueling cutting girls within the last few hours before the final announcement, I do feel that K + J were giving both Kyndall and Amy as much time as possible to make their mark and prove they belong on the team.  Unfortunately, nerves got the best of them and didn't make the cut.  

• Love 3

I highly doubt K & J are behind the scenes talking about how much drama each cut will give the show. Maybe CMT is, but I don't think they're like that

I wish I could agree with them not being caught up in the drama. K&J are millionaires because of this franchise. You can't tell me reality TV isn't cut throat and edited for ratings. So sad at the expense of these young ladies

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

They plan cuts. It's a cut night...  Lol come on. Not based on pure performance personality or skill. Look at first cuts within a week. Why bring them to camp?

As much as I think that the show is lurking somewhere in the back of their heads, K&J didn't cut anyone until the ... was it the third? week this year.  I don't remember there being any at all in the first week.

Obviously they plan cuts around CMT otherwise there's no point to the show, but to say that they stage drama is another thing. 

12 hours ago, grapevine said:

I love her smile! I wonder what she will do since she got cut? (She was a Mavs dancer for the past 2 years and seemed to really love it) She can't join them now since they've already had final cuts, can she?

No she hated being on the Mavs. I  don't know the full story but Mallory is the main culprit. Sad she didn't make the Cowboys. Has anyone seen or heard from her since cuts? She closed her Facebook account

I don't follow Kyndal on social media has anyone heard from her?

The main reasons for last minute cuts seem to be memory, mistakes, nerves, etc. With that being said, how many of you think those issues would have dissolved once the team was announced? I've always said(especially when I cheered in college), I'd rather dance in front of thousands than in front of a few judges. I can't imagine being in front of K&J, talk about a sphincter tightening moment! 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

I've had time to ponder and go over things. I must admit I am not a fan of this squads look. I think there are a few unfortunate looking girls who I don't see having the style. After having seen them dance and met several of the ladies, and I am sadly not a fan. I think majority of this rookie class will not return. They wanted diversity this year and they definitely got it and then some extra. I respect Judy and Kelli to the upmost, but I do believe several mistakes were made. I do agree with Amy being but I could see others and I am sorry to say including Kelsey, Milan, and Tasha being some of them....I hope they change my opinion at Meet the Team.

I love your insight and honesty. I know there are a lot of Kelsey lovers on this board, I actually have nothing against her at all but I will say that IMO Amy was a better dancer than her. I'm thinking what killed Amy chances was probably memory mistakes. There are a lot of dances that they need to learn in a short period of time, so I'm sure that made K&J nervous. So, if Kelsey was good at memory and not as good of a dancer then K&J probably thought they could work with her over time and bring out a better dancer. Not that I agree but it just seems like something they would do.

I never thought Tasha was a good dancer, she is just blonde and pretty. True I have not seen many videos of her dancing but the one of her on the basketball court she had no power and looked as if she was just going through the motions and resting on her looks and not much talent.  

I have wondered many times if K&J have ever regretted their decisions as far as choosing the squad....too late now!!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I love your insight and honesty. I know there are a lot of Kelsey lovers on this board, I actually have nothing against her at all but I will say that IMO Amy was a better dancer than her. I'm thinking what killed Amy chances was probably memory mistakes. There are a lot of dances that they need to learn in a short period of time, so I'm sure that made K&J nervous. So, if Kelsey was good at memory and not as good of a dancer then K&J probably thought they could work with her over time and bring out a better dancer. Not that I agree but it just seems like something they would do.

I never thought Tasha was a good dancer, she is just blonde and pretty. True I have not seen many videos of her dancing but the one of her on the basketball court she had no power and looked as if she was just going through the motions and resting on her looks and not much talent.  

I have wondered many times if K&J have ever regretted their decisions as far as choosing the squad....too late now!!

Like you, I am not a Kelsey lover but it is mostly because I don't care for the narrative that has been built up around her.  When watching her videos I never thought that she was a particularly strong dancer.  Maybe watching her on the show will let me see something that I have missed in the past.  Who knows.

I also was less than impressed with Tasha's dance skills, and when you add in all of the OTT pictures and blog ... I'm not a fan.  Again though, we'll see if there is something more to her when the show starts.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I agree Kelsey is a great dancer but Amy is better. More power and projection as Kelli and Judy would say. I don't know of her to have memory issues but I'm sure they came up with something. I love both of them but out of the 2 I think Amy is the better choice. They are both gorgeous. I know they are close. Sad they can't enjoy this moment together. 

• Love 1

I was also thinking that I would not be shocked one bit if they chose to not discuss Yuko's visa issues at all when the show airs. Remember this is information that we received from inside sources, so it is quite possible they choose not to share it with viewers. K&J are smart enough to know that we will see the Yuko situation as the blatant favoritism that it is!! They have to know that they screwed up with allowing this to happen and they are probably reading this board in horror knowing that the cat is out of the bag!   But it will be all on how CMT plays it out...it is TV, I just do not trust that we will ever really know why she was treated so special. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I really need to stop looking at Amy's, Kelli, Kelsey's and Stephanie's IG's, they are making me sad. They are such good friends and they have so many pics posted of them just hanging out. I truly hate that Amy could not be apart of the squad this season. It's no secret that Kelsey is drop dead gorgeous so I'm certain that helped her make the team and she seems to fit that skinny, long leg, big boob type that Kelli says she likes....

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I highly doubt K & J are behind the scenes talking about how much drama each cut will give the show. Maybe CMT is, but I don't think they're like that

Above all, it is the job of K & J to ensure the profitability and marketability of the DCC franchise. I absolutely believe that the entire structure of training camp is designed BOTH to pick strong candidates and to build high ratings. If they don't keep CMT happy, CMT won't be back.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

I've had time to ponder and go over things. I must admit I am not a fan of this squads look. I think there are a few unfortunate looking girls who I don't see having the style. After having seen them dance and met several of the ladies, and I am sadly not a fan. I think majority of this rookie class will not return. They wanted diversity this year and they definitely got it and then some extra. I respect Judy and Kelli to the upmost, but I do believe several mistakes were made. I do agree with Amy being but I could see others and I am sorry to say including Kelsey, Milan, and Tasha being some of them....I hope they change my opinion at Meet the Team.

Always appreciate your insights! What did you think about last year's rookies tho? I actually think they picked overall prettier girls this year. I feel like a goon saying that :-/ but I really only was impressed by a few of the girls' looks last year and will say that I think they started getting a better look to me throughout the year...do you think that could happen with some of these girls? 

I always love an underdog, can't help it! so I am rooting for Tasha and Kelsey to surpass expectations but I certainly value your opinion based off of what you've actually been able to witness this summer. 

6 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I really need to stop looking at Amy's, Kelli, Kelsey's and Stephanie's IG's, they are making me sad. They are such good friends and they have so many pics posted of them just hanging out. I truly hate that Amy could not be apart of the squad this season. It's no secret that Kelsey is drop dead gorgeous so I'm certain that helped her make the team and she seems to fit that skinny, long leg, big boob type that Kelli says she likes....

agree but Kelsey and Kelli's looks certainly didn't get them anywhere for multiple years...

it is really sad though :( 

• Love 3
(edited)

Let me be clear, yes Kelsey can dance, but being pretty definitely has its perks. Maybe her dance skills finally caught up with her pretty..lololol

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think Kelsey can dance without a doubt. But I'll repeat Amy is stronger. I also agree it's sad Amy is left out of the group of Kelli Kelsey Amy and Steph. I know Amy and Steph met years ago in Milwaukee at a dance audition. So she brought the rest of them together I think. I know Stephanie is heart broken because Amy would come to games to cheer her on as an Ice Angel and DCC. Even when she lived in Rockford. I really think K &J dropped the ball big time on this one. Dancing in front of a few judges and dancing in front of a crowd of thousands is totally different. Sandiedog you totally hit the nail on the head lol. 

Edited by Dancemajor
  • Love 4

While I agree that once K&J "lift the lid off the pressure cooker" the girls can truly perform, for the girls on the bubble I don't think that's always the case.  They have taken  leaps of faith and I am certain were slammed for it (by Charlotte perhaps) when they didn't really rise to the occasion.  My most immediate thought is of Breelan and that giant HD close up from hell during the Halloween halftime show. And while I was a fan of Ashley Pro, her dance did not improve based on S10 auditions.   The Yuko thing irritates me, but I think that K&J may not be willing to take those final two based on how #37 and 38 have done in the past few seasons (Kaitlyn R, Ashkey, Breelan, Morgan).  But I still don't think they just make a cut for drama.  The drama is there because we all have our favorites...and our not so favorites.  

I will admit I thought that Simone would be a one year wonder.  Good for her for stepping up her game.  

• Love 1

At this point in training camp, it doesn't matter who the stronger dancer is. Amy may be a strong dancer, but she may not have the DCC style while Kelsey does. That's what it comes down to in the end, the girl who has got the DCC style down, no major memory mistakes, good kicks and great look in the uniform. It's sad that it had to be one or the other (if that's the case). I also hate pitting girls against each other because that eliminates the feminist in me. That's why I try not to tear the girls down and look for the best in all of them. Sometimes my dislike gets in the way of that though lol

Amy doesn't have as good of a build as the other 3 AAIA girls - she's short and then her legs are short for her frame too.    Other girls didn't grind and twerk on a speaker on stage at a snoop dog concert either.

I'd choose Kelsey and Kelli over her too even if she could dance a little better.   Sorry Amy fans, but I don't think she was right for the squad.  They probably should never have taken her into TC to begin with cause that got her hopes up, but that's the kind of thing that can happen when the audition is a reality show.

• Love 4

Show Group is on the way to Oxnard. Can't wait. Get in your last guesses for the triangle. I'm going with Jenna-Jennifer-Erica. If that is too brunette, I'm thinking Jenna- Jennifer - Melissa.

• Love 2
Just now, pink317 said:

Show Group is on the way to Oxnard. Can't wait. Get in your last guesses for the triangle. I'm going with Jenna-Jennifer-Erica. If that is too brunette, I'm thinking Jenna- Jennifer - Melissa.

I'm thinking the same, point is Jenn and then Erica and Jenna. Is all of show group going or just the vets?

9 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm thinking the same, point is Jenn and then Erica and Jenna. Is all of show group going or just the vets?

Agree on this.  Melissa only if they think it's too much dark hair.  I will be shocked at this point if anyone but Jennifer is at the point! 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

I think Kelsey can dance without a doubt. But I'll repeat Amy is stronger. I also agree it's sad Amy is left out of the group of Kelli Kelsey Amy and Steph. I know Amy and Steph met years ago in Milwaukee at a dance audition. So she brought the rest of them together I think. I know Stephanie is heart broken because Amy would come to games to cheer her on as an Ice Angel and DCC. Even when she lived in Rockford. I really think K &J dropped the ball big time on this one. Dancing in front of a few judges and dancing in front of a crowd of thousands is totally different. Sandiedog you totally hit the nail on the head lol. 

Thanks, I just try to put it in perspective. What if I were there? Last year during MTT, toward the last few days of TC, you could see the hunger(to be a DCC), the nerves, the anxiety, all rolled up and put right in the middle of their performance to serve for some as a stumbling block if you will. I'm sorry but being a performer most of my life, being in front of the world would cause less stress. If I had to perform in front of Kelli and Judy plus her crew of judges, cameras, etc. I would be (pardon the Texas expression), like a dog shi#&ING a peach seed.

• Love 3

I'm sad Amy signed up for the TV show. She's stronger than a lot of the girls on the team.The hate is horrible. I think without it she would be on the team. People will use any and everything against you. Snoop Dogg is old and I've heard people say Kelsey is a party girl blah blah blah. It's ridiculous the scrutiny your put under for DCC. They are human just like us. As far as Amy and Kelsey's figure they both look great. Apples and oranges. Everybody has an opinion. Its nuts. They should have fit girls in all sizes for all the different fans. Hopefully they all find happiness in every aspect of their lives. Sheesh

• Love 4

I think Amy looks decent, but she's not beautiful by any stretch of the imagination.  And those short legs kicking look kinda ridiculous.  Kelli and Judy totally made the right call.  The only reason Amy even made training camp is that this year they wanted a story line of several repeat auditionees making it to training camp (hence the selection of Amy, Kelsey, Emily and Kelli).  I would have probably stopped watching the show and following the DCC if Amy had made it -- yuck.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think they'll put Amy T in the triangle over Melissa, if a blond is needed. Melissa does not photograph as well as Amy.

I hope Amy Trader is going to go in place I call 'tip of the star'  (when looking at the football) its the position right behind the point girl, and usually a strong blonde dances there. She is tall and would look good in said position. Lauren, Cassie, Kinzie, Kelsey (with her ever changing hair colors), have all dance there in the past. Its a good position. I dont think Jenny Kat photographs that well, especially when dancing due to her choice of sassy facials, and she's the point!

• Love 1

Simply put...to each his own! We all have our different opinions on who we think is beautiful etc. It is what it is! 

You can't expect every fan to like the blonde hair, blue eyed girl nor the brunette brown eyed girl, some like a girl with more of a curvy figure and some like slim etc. etc.. 

• Love 5