Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I'm soooo disappointed if Kyndall was cut :(:(:(.  The two returners I was rooting for the most since they didn't unnecessarily blather and cry on their previous seasons (Emily and Kyndall) got cut near the end :(.

Maybe the drama w/ Megan was the cause of Kyndall, or refusing Melissa's mentoring session - or whatever the reason she needed the mentoring to being with :/.

I guess Auto Amy has a real reason to cry this season - wonder how bad it's gonna be on the show - eeesh - don't think I want to see that :(.

• Love 6

Oh, how sad about Kyndall? I was never a big Amy fan but it must be awful to make it so far and then be cut.

I thought Kyndall would have been a great DCC. I wonder what went wrong and if she'll try again.

• Love 3
Just now, BritFan said:

Oh, how sad about Kyndall? I was never a big Amy fan but it must be awful to make it so far and then be cut.

I thought Kyndall would have been a great DCC. I wonder what went wrong and if she'll try again.

Yeah...I wonder about that with Kyndall too.  Making it so close yet so far would be really overwhelming and I don't know if I'd want to try again. Maybe she will try out for another team?? I wonder if Amy will go back to Stephanie's team or if it's too late...

• Love 2

Thank you LaurenBrook.  If Amy was cut, I am sure K & J had good reasoning behind it.  I do believe they don't relish this part of their job.  I would have to have a couple of adult beverages before I could do it, especially doing it with a camera there!

So sorry Amy.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah...I wonder about that with Kyndall too.  Making it so close yet so far would be really overwhelming and I don't know if I'd want to try again. Maybe she will try out for another team?? I wonder if Amy will go back to Stephanie's team or if it's too late...

I believe aaia tryouts are the 30th, so Amy could still try out. Silver lining I guess..

• Love 3
(edited)

mcmrdh, thank you so much for letting us know the good news about Kelsey and Selina.  Selina is the candidate and story I am following this season, based on sitting through all the audition videos, and liking her performance most, and the fact that she came so close last time.  

I admire hard work, a positive outlook, ambition, and persistence, particularly when it follows initial failure and disappointment.  For that reason, I like Madeleine's story also.

I will admit that I was a little worried that Kelli and Judy might not take two candidates, Khalyn and Selina, who come from the same squad, especially since their previous team (Marshals Darling Deputies) does not appear to be one of the big filters/feeders for DCC, but I am happy for both of them.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I am one who liked Amy a LOT so I am really bummed she did not make it.  I have heard she had some memory issues and could not get through some of the routines consistently.

IMO it would make sense keeping her to the end if she had some memory issues, there's hope she can improve on that.  It's better than "her legs are too short" since they've been the same length the entire time!

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Sandiedog said:

It must have straight up sucked to be called into the office(to be cut) and the rest of the girls still there waiting(for the team to be announced).

Well the last day of TC was supposed to be tonight, so it sounds like the others were not expecting the announcement. As much as it must suck to be cut at the end, at least you get all the benefits you wouldn't if you got cut early  - makeover, trying on the uniform, and of course all the friendships!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I have heard that Amy Simone and Kyndall were the two cuts last night.  I do not blame ANYONE who still questions this since I can't offer solid proof/sources, etc. I know K&J read here from time to time so I do not want to get anyone in trouble by saying where I heard this from (but no, it was not from Kelsey); it's clear since we haven't seen even vets posting "blessed to be back for my ___ year!" photos that they are super lockdown.  My feelings are 100% not hurt if people are like "proof or I don't believe you" :) 

I am one who liked Amy a LOT so I am really bummed she did not make it.  I have heard she had some memory issues and could not get through some of the routines consistently.  I have a feeling that prob played a part in it, just too big of a performance risk maybe? I can't dwell on it though because I get too mad thinking how Morgan still got a chance when she couldnt remember anything :-P  I suppose they would say they 'learned their lesson' from her? 

NO idea what happened with Kyndall. I heard all summer that she was doing amazing.  She must have fallen apart near the end which stinks. 

BUT this means Kelsey made it (!!!!!), Tasha, Yuko, Khalyn, MADDIE!!!, so many that i really, really like and I'm just so excited for them!! 

I feel badly for those girls!  To be cut the day that they announce the squad - that must feel so awful!  You literally are SOSOSOSO close to being part of the shiny star and then BAM, dream gone. 

I am curious why they create a new position for Yuko and decided to cut the other two and not her ... that's a lot of leniency for one person.  Whenever I see favoritism, I always wonder why - what makes that person so much more special than the rest?  (like when my ex-bf married this girl shortly after we broke up ... LOL!)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sunwave said:

Well the last day of TC was supposed to be tonight, so it sounds like the others were not expecting the announcement. As much as it must suck to be cut at the end, at least you get all the benefits you wouldn't if you got cut early  - makeover, trying on the uniform, and of course all the friendships!

Very true.  And I would SO much rather be cut a week before the squad photo then like, day before or heck - how they didn't tell the girls TILL the squad photo that one year! That would be absolutely the worst.  

• Love 3

It sucks that Yuko gets preferential treatment, I guess we'll see the reason for that on the show.

We don't really know that a special position was created for Yuko. All we know is that Kelli was aiming for a squad of 36 and wound up taking 37. There could be many reasons for that.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

It sucks that Yuko gets preferential treatment, I guess we'll see the reason for that on the show.

I agree, excellent cheerleader or not, world class means you should have all your crap together regardless.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I feel badly for those girls!  To be cut the day that they announce the squad - that must feel so awful!  You literally are SOSOSOSO close to being part of the shiny star and then BAM, dream gone. 

I am curious why they create a new position for Yuko and decided to cut the other two and not her ... that's a lot of leniency for one person.  Whenever I see favoritism, I always wonder why - what makes that person so much more special than the rest?  (like when my ex-bf married this girl shortly after we broke up ... LOL!)

Yuko is really going to need to win me over once the show airs, cause at this point the special treatment she has received makes me not really like her.   I guess I'll see next month how it goes down.   At least they didn't cut someone to keep her, but again, Amy or Kyndall would be on the team if they just "added a spot" for them just like they did for Yuko.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Yuko is really going to need to win me over once the show airs, cause at this point the special treatment she has received makes me not really like her.   I guess I'll see next month how it goes down.   At least they didn't cut someone to keep her, but again, Amy or Kyndall would be on the team if they just "added a spot" for them just like they did for Yuko.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt - maybe she's a better dancer than the rest even after missing multiple rehearsals. Or maybe the visa issues were caused by something that was the Cowboys or CMT's fault so it would be wrong to not give her the chance to work it out.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sunwave said:

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt - maybe she's a better dancer than the rest even after missing multiple rehearsals. Or maybe the visa issues were caused by something that was the Cowboys or CMT's fault so it would be wrong to not give her the chance to work it out.

Yeah, I'm willing to wait to see what exactly happened.  I honestly have heard she is incredible performer/dancer - picked right up on the style, etc. and they just really liked her. If the Visa stuff somehow was not her fault I could see why Kelli may try to give her some time. And heck, if she came back and killed it after missing two practices why wouldn't they want her on the squad...

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Yes, it sounds as though Megan got Kyndall cut.  I now hate her.

I seriously doubt it was Megan's fault, it was more likely a number of reasons, probably stemming from her dancing issues that led to the necessity of mentoring in the first place. Besides, why would Kelli and Judy listen to a two year vet? If they ask vets for their opinion it's usually a group leader, which Megan is not.

Besides that, Megan has made show group two years in a row and has not been portrayed in a negative light on MTT. I'd trust her opinion and judgment about DCC more than Kyndall's, who has apparently now been cut from TC twice.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Kyndall got Kyndall cut. When you're asked to be in a CMT mentoring session, you do it.

Thank you. If one girl could get another cut half the team would be gone every time there was a difference in opinion.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Amy deserves her own post because this young woman is nothing short of an inspiration for all MTT viewers and fans.  Made it or not, Amy's is a story, and she is a person, that none of us will ever forget.

As I said above, I admire ambition, persistence, hard work, and a positive attitude in the face of adversity.  Amy came to Dallas with essentially just a dream and a whim.  I do not think that she had the extensive dance training and performance background that most of her auditioning peers have.  Despite that, Amy made a very positive initial impression with her happiness, her beautiful smile, and her working girl story.

Every year Amy has returned to DCC auditions with greater and greater poise, polish, presentation, dance experience, and beauty.  The young woman looks amazing now, she has totally transformed her fitness and figure over the years, she has made many friends in the professional sports dance world, and she has fans through the show.  

Ultimately, Amy has grown through this process into a mature, confident, and inspiring woman.  It is so hard to put oneself out there, and Amy has done so again and again with positivity and grace.  Even if she did not become a DCC, she has nevertheless achieved the ideal of what a DCC should be.

Not making it for memory issues is nothing to be ashamed of, I have taken many choreography classes throughout the years, and memory is something many people always struggle with.

Ignore the haters Amy, and hold your head high, because you have inspired and impressed more people than you will ever know.

Thank you for posting this. I kept trying to write about my favorite TCC Amy and I kept bawling all over my phone.

• Love 8

I'm so sad for Amy. I've been pulling for her since her first tryout.  I can't imagine how heartbreaking it is to get cut the very night the squad is announced. If I watch this season and she dances better than Morgan did, I'm going to be a bit upset. Amy has worked so hard and improved herself so much. She can hold her head high that she gave it her best. 

I'm so thrilled for Kelsey & Maddie!!!!! I wish the show really was starting on the 6th!

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

I might have missed this earlier- but who are the group leaders this year?   show group?  

Jen K, Jenna, Danielle and Jessica. 

Show group: 

• Love 2

I've been hoping really hard that it's a mistake, and Amy really did make the team....I suppose that isn't really fair since that would mean hoping someone else didn't, but I have just been an enormous fan of her dedication and work ethic, and she has been so tenacious about going after her dreams and I just love that about her.  I hope so much she's doing as well as she can be, and maybe has enough hope to come back next year if she still wants it.  

• Love 9

I'm so, so, so happy that Kelsey made it!  And I feel really bad for the two cut last night -- I was never a fan of Amy, but I can only imagine how bad it hurts to get that close to reaching  multi-year dream.

• Love 5

Amy isn't a great dancer so I can see why they cut her. I hope she has poise and dignity on the show when they let her go otherwise my opinion of her will dwindle even more.

32 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

^^^ Triple like the above post about Amy!

I am very sad for Amy.  The previous post by California Girl brought tears to my eyes. I can't even begin to imagine how Amy must be feeing. 

? Poor Kyndall , I know she is going through a million "what if's" right now. 

I hope both of these ladies know that this doesn't define them! They are beautiful, talented women. 

• Love 3

Question: in watching past seasons they usually didn't announce the team The same night there are cuts. Ex: season 5 (I think) they were so torn on Stephanie Hayman that they didn't announce the team until squad photo day and there was no big celebration or fanfare.  

I liked the fact that when girls were cut the team had that night to grieve and reflect and then come in to a new day. It's gotta be awkward to cut girls and then turn around and have that Joyous moment of the team announcement. So I wonder why they did that this time.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

Question: in watching past seasons they usually didn't announce the team The same night there are cuts. Ex: season 5 (I think) they were so torn on Stephanie Hayman that they didn't announce the team until squad photo day and there was no big celebration or fanfare.  

I liked the fact that when girls were cut the team had that night to grieve and reflect and then come in to a new day. It's gotta be awkward to cut girls and then turn around and have that Joyous moment of the team announcement. So I wonder why they did that this time.

I HATED Season 5's or whatever with Stephanie.  That was such a terrible way to do it...here, Steph, put on your custom uniform and get your hair/make up done then we'll make a last second decision on whether you are too chunky for the squad. Really??? Would they have actually made her (or any of the girls on the bubble - I remember Nicole Bulcher being super nervous too) take off their uniform and leave? The worst.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I HATED Season 5's or whatever with Stephanie.  That was such a terrible way to do it...here, Steph, put on your custom uniform and get your hair/make up done then we'll make a last second decision on whether you are too chunky for the squad. Really??? Would they have actually made her (or any of the girls on the bubble - I remember Nicole Bulcher being super nervous too) take off their uniform and leave? The worst.  

Yeah, that was so stupid!  The other one I hated was the one where she called them up one at a time and gave them the picture they'd taken at auditions and, once she'd distributed them all, she said those were their "tickets" to the squad.  Huh?  So weak.

• Love 3

I've never been a huge Amy fan, but I do also admire persistence and hard work. Not everyone could get themselves to camp, and I'm glad she finally had what it took to get there. I feel like Kelli and Judi do a good job of keeping those girls who have potential but maybe don't have the dance background to give them a fair shot, so I'm glad they kept Amy until the end. No matter what, it's still a paid dance job, and she'll pick up invaluable skills if she continues to pursue this particular path.

• Love 7

If Amy was cut, I do feel bad for her. She and the rest of the girls worked really hard. She made it really far in training camp and that's something to be proud of. 

I don't feel the same about Kyndal (sp? I can't remember how she spells her name). I really think her not showing up to Melissa's class did her in. A long time ago, Judy said a quote like "if someone gives you a tuna fish sandwich, you pretend to eat it and say thank you." They're very big on being gracious and if someone is offering to help you, you don't turn it down, no matter how pointless and stupid you think it is. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Amy deserves her own post because this young woman is nothing short of an inspiration for all MTT viewers and fans.  Made it or not, Amy's is a story, and she is a person, that none of us will ever forget.

As I said above, I admire ambition, persistence, hard work, and a positive attitude in the face of adversity.  Amy came to Dallas with essentially just a dream and a whim.  I do not think that she had the extensive dance training and performance background that most of her auditioning peers have.  Despite that, Amy made a very positive initial impression with her happiness, her beautiful smile, and her working girl story.

Every year Amy has returned to DCC auditions with greater and greater poise, polish, presentation, dance experience, and beauty.  The young woman looks amazing now, she has totally transformed her fitness and figure over the years, she has made many friends in the professional sports dance world, and she has fans through the show.  

Ultimately, Amy has grown through this process into a mature, confident, and inspiring woman.  It is so hard to put oneself out there, and Amy has done so again and again with positivity and grace.  Even if she did not become a DCC, she has nevertheless achieved the ideal of what a DCC should be.

Not making it for memory issues is nothing to be ashamed of, I have taken many choreography classes throughout the years, and memory is something many people always struggle with.

Ignore the haters Amy, and hold your head high, because you have inspired and impressed more people than you will ever know.

I'm a bit lost here with the polar feelings about Amy ... why do people like / not like her again?  Did she try out many times?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

If Amy was cut, I do feel bad for her. She and the rest of the girls worked really hard. She made it really far in training camp and that's something to be proud of. 

I don't feel the same about Kyndal (sp? I can't remember how she spells her name). I really think her not showing up to Melissa's class did her in. A long time ago, Judy said a quote like "if someone gives you a tuna fish sandwich, you pretend to eat it and say thank you." They're very big on being gracious and if someone is offering to help you, you don't turn it down, no matter how pointless and stupid you think it is. 

totally agree about the tuna fish thing (although I have a hard time doing that and it's certainly bit me on the arse several times!).  But I thought one of the insiders said that Kyndall couldn't make the Melissa thing not because she thought it was useless but because of a work conflict and she gave them plenty of notice.  If that is the case, I would hope they wouldn't cut her for that.  Having a job is kinda more important than being trained by Melissa

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sunwave said:

I guess if it was the Cowboys/CMT's fault that would be okay, but if her fault (or her going into auditions w/ something that was a "probably will work out" but not for sure) not okay IMO.  Being a better dancer isn't enough to warrant such exceptions IMO - a lot of the girls that try out and/or make the team are better dancers than many others, that is never an excuse for being able to miss TC for an administrative thing that was supposed to be in order before auditioning.  I'm sure Holly would be able to miss 2 practices a week and still be able to keep up, but she can't cause it's not fair to the team.

• Love 1

Im heartbroken over Amy. When I think about past seasons and the trainwrecks they have allowed to become a DCC like Morgan, Chelsea, Breelan and IMO Kat it makes me angry. None of them had any rythm and I cant imagine that anyone is worse than Morgan. They have chosen girls for beauty, personality (Loni) etc for the squad so why not Amy. I already know that Im going to be pissed when the show airs!!

On the brighter side, I pray Amy does not give up because there have been many gr8 DCC that were cut in TC and came back fiercer than ever and lasted longer than a year. I cant imagine how she feels.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I'm a bit lost here with the polar feelings about Amy ... why do people like / not like her again?  Did she try out many times?

Some people, like myself, weren't fans of Amy because of blathering crying scenes in season 10 about how she wants DCC more than anybody and how she can't marry the man of her dreams cause she's so dedicated to DCC - during PRELIMS and/or perhaps finals (she didn't even make TC, so the drama was premature and uncalled for IMO).

There is also a controversial video of her dancing at a Snoop Dog concert w/ some of the AAIA - she was doing some moves that many felt were "not very befitting of a future DCC."

• Love 3

Amy = bad dancer, bad attitude and, thus, a bad dcc.  They should have never taken her into training camp -- which I think they did solely to create drama-- as she never had a chance.  And to keep her to the very end was even more cruel.

• Love 2

Maybe they'll be a Megan/Kyndall scene that's similar to the Cassie/Taylor scene of season 6 (or was it 5) ? ;).  I never really had a strong opinion on Megan (besides that she's a goid dancer), so her likability has taken a big hit in my mind over this, but things may change once the season airs depending on how they portray the situation.

• Love 1

I know its TV, but I really dont want to believe that Kelli and Judy keep girls around for drama and play with their emotions, they are human beings not puppets. K AND J are many things but heartless is not one of them, I would like to believe they kept Amy and Kyndall this long because they saw potential and wanted to give them as much time as possible. Hopefully, Amy will continue to work on the dances she has learned in camp over this next year so that she can come back with those under her belt. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

totally agree about the tuna fish thing (although I have a hard time doing that and it's certainly bit me on the arse several times!).  But I thought one of the insiders said that Kyndall couldn't make the Melissa thing not because she thought it was useless but because of a work conflict and she gave them plenty of notice.  If that is the case, I would hope they wouldn't cut her for that.  Having a job is kinda more important than being trained by Melissa

If she did give notice and they cut her then I do feel a little bad... but, k&j (to me) seem like DCC needs to be everyone's first priority. They always tell TCC's "you need to make yourself available for blah blah blah." Kelli has said on the show a bunch that the only excused abscense for practice is a death in the family and the girls have to show up if they're sick to sit and watch. Maybe Kyndall should've taken the day off work/take a half day/call in sick so she could meet with Melissa? It's stupid to say that DCC should come before work but that's the mindset that comes across the TV. 

• Love 1

I guess I am confused as to how Kyndall blowing off a DCC mentor was so bad, yet people wanted Amy to blow off an event sanctioned by Stephanie, a DCC choreographer.

I have no doubt at least part of the issue with Yuko was that she applied for a visa to try out for a dance team and in the government's eyes instead is working on a TV show.  She doesn't get kept around unless the hang up on her visa has to do with something that is essentially the fault of Cowboys/CMT.

• Love 3