Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

. I always look at Gene his wife in pics after that and think, my god, she's got to be so sick of his shit. If only it wouldn't be so damn hard to get divorced.....

I know.... His poor wife.... It's just too expensive for people that rich to get divorced, I guess. Plus all the businesses and foundations. Omg. A divorce lawyers dream.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I think you have a point. I believe there are some that would, certainly. But the only reason I became a CB fan is because of this show. I have my own home team to cheer for in a pinch, they're no slouches. I have purchased CB merchandise, bought the NFL season ticket just so I could watch them, talked about the show to anyone who will listen, learned about football, and bought TONS of DCC stuff. I know I'm making myself sound pathetic. But I can't be alone...

That's awesome that dcc got you into football. I'm sure there are others out there but I guarantee it's such a small subset that cowboys wouldn't feel the pain. I was a college cheerleader and there was a time when the cheer team was better than our basketball team (we don't have a football team due to a plane crash). The thing was even when the basketball team sucked the place sold out because the basketball team had die-hard fans which I imagine would be the same with the cowboys. Even when our cheer team was getting 1st or 2nd at NCA nationals our crowd knew nothing about cheer. The cheer program has since gone down hill (a bit better in recent years though) and the crowd can't tell a difference.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

It really bugs me that the cheerleaders make so little (next to nothing).  I am sure the Cowboys make a ton of money off them.  Those girls probably work harder than the players and deserve to get paid for it!  I know that's the way it's always been and the girls know this going in but that doesn't make it right.  Come on Cowboys you are supposed to be the best, set a good example for the other cheerleading teams in the NFL and pay these ladies!

If they don't like it, they can go find another job.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

The problem with them getting paid more is that the game could go on without them. If the DCC went away, people would still flock to the games. It isn't right they get paid so little but that's why they do. 

You are absolutely correct. I think the Cowboys organization thinks that being a DCC is a springboard to bigger things, ie: Melissa DWTS, I think that's the main reason they use her but I digress. DCC is a powerful thing to have on your resume I'm sure.

• Love 2

I wasn't meaning to be rude, but that's the case with any job.  If people feel that the salary + the other benefits they receive are inadequate, they can go work elsewhere (subject only to the minimum wage requirement).

2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I wasn't meaning to be rude, but that's the case with any job.  If people feel that the salary + the other benefits they receive are inadequate, they can go work elsewhere (subject only to the minimum wage requirement).

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 1

Making the team got me into football too!! In the UK we don't really have cheerleaders. I was fascinated. The fascination, for me, is now spreading out to the actual game too. I'm finding it quite confusing lol 

• Love 3
Just now, JC123 said:

Making the team got me into football too!! In the UK we don't really have cheerleaders. I was fascinated. The fascination, for me, is now spreading out to the actual game too. I'm finding it quite confusing lol 

You sound like me, confused but loving it!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, missmansfield said:

It really bugs me that the cheerleaders make so little (next to nothing).  I am sure the Cowboys make a ton of money off them.  Those girls probably work harder than the players and deserve to get paid for it!  I know that's the way it's always been and the girls know this going in but that doesn't make it right.  Come on Cowboys you are supposed to be the best, set a good example for the other cheerleading teams in the NFL and pay these ladies!

Yup.....and the stadium was a billion dollars.  But we will give you like 100 bucks and a coupon to myfitfoods.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Annette said:

She receives virtually no help (they aren't independently wealthy) from family. That's what excites me the most about Madeline...seeing what she'll actually do with this opportunity.  

Ummm.   Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she grow up dancing in her mother's studio her entire life?  So she essentially got all her dance training for free, and I'm sure she got signifcant extra studio time and teacher attention as the studio owner's daughter.  Also, I recall there being a gofundme to pay her DCC travel and lodging expenses.  Also, local radio stations lobbying for fan vote votes for her.   All these things are advantages that some other girls would love to have - especially the girls who come from families that couldn't even afford dance training.   Not direct financial help (except for the gofundme), but still help.

I didn't like Madeline last season on MTT - cried way too much just like Amy Simone.  She'll redeem herself to me provided she keeps her emotions under control this season, but I think there's already been a scene in a preview of her bawling in a pink outfit (maybe someone else though).  We'll see.

• Love 3

I'm hoping Mads has got it together a bit more this season. The crying never bothered me but I want people to like her hahah. 

she knew roughly what to expect this time around so hopefully she would have been less stressed and overwhelmed by the whole process. She looked like a scared little girl last year. With the new hair etc this year in her fan vote vid she seemed to exude confidence. She even fell at the beginning. I feel like last year that would have thrown her off but she just cracked on this time around! 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I guarantee if they announced DCC would NOT be paid anything girls would do it for free. They are DCC for the prestige, perks, status, travel opportunities, publicity, and being able to dance for huge audiences. They're not in it for the money. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I guarantee if they announced DCC would NOT be paid anything girls would do it for free. They are DCC for the prestige, perks, status, travel opportunities, publicity, and being able to dance for huge audiences. They're not in it for the money. 

I agree that they do it for opportunities but as I said it does not make it right for them not to get paid IN MY OPINION

• Love 3

Just saw a tweet from Maddie on her regular twitter that makes me think they'll be getting their DCC twitters soon.  Any of our insiders know?

3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm a stress crier so I get Madeline. 

DITTO!

2 hours ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Well, I mean, exactly. JERRY FREAKING JONES. I think she should just get a nice condo on a golf course somewhere and do nice society lady things. I can almost HEAR Charlotte saying, all bug eyed and whisper voiced "Daddy, you have GOT to stop this"!

Their house is gigantic. I bet they have separate bedrooms and maybe wings! They also have a guest house, and I heard that she sent him to live out there once. But that is a TOTAL rumor, and cannot be verified!

• Love 1
On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 0:20 AM, sleepyjean said:

Emily looked the way she looks now her first year on Mavs, before Sydney joined the team.

For some reason I find her instagram entertaining. She seems over-the-top but in a way that is funny. I like her. As for prior marriages, I think this is her. I think she was very young then. I've read it's not uncommon for Mormons to marry at 18.

Wow, she is absolutely gorgeous!

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

but I think there's already been a scene in a preview of her bawling in a pink outfit (maybe someone else though).  We'll see.

There's also been a scene in a preview with Vivian being called up to finals/training camp, so don't put too much stock in previews ;)

everyone cries during training camp, especially their rookie season. It's not as common in vets, but still. whether they will admit it or not, whether it happens at home, in their car or on camera, it happens. She was 18 at the time. It's totally normal.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Does anyone know who were the 3 fan pick finalists and who won?  (this may have already been addressed but I can't find it)

I believe Jackie was the fan vote winner. She was cut fairly early in camp. Not sure who came in second and third.

15 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Why do some of the girls auditioning move to Dallas when they haven't even made the team yet?

Usually they only move if they're in training camp. They'll find a short term lease for the summer usually and if they get cut; they have the lease only for a short time longer. Those auditioning usually come and stay in a hotel for a few nights so it's no contract or anything

17 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Usually they only move if they're in training camp. They'll find a short term lease for the summer usually and if they get cut; they have the lease only for a short time longer. Those auditioning usually come and stay in a hotel for a few nights so it's no contract or anything

Alex Hermes stayed at a hotel when she was in TC the first time. They showed her practicing outside the hotel on a patio (or something like it). I remember Angela wrote a article on the old DCC website about staying with Brittney Schramm's family when she was in TC..

I know this is off topic (sorry but I don't know where else to ask this).  CMT has been showing reruns and I wanted to ask if anyone knows happened to Courtney Cook?

Edited by missmansfield
misspelled
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Weird.  MTT Wikipedia page has Emily Roslyn as a rookie.  Are we sure she got cut?

She wasn't in pictures after her cut was "announced" by our insiders.

19 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Weird.  MTT Wikipedia page has Emily Roslyn as a rookie.  Are we sure she got cut?

As far as we know, she was cut.  Hmmm, maybe they know something we don't know?

The squad photo is tomorrow (Aug. 5th), correct?

• Love 1

Yeah - like is this just a Wikipedia error?  Someone fed them a bad list?  But she wasn't even one of the last cuts? - like if it had Amy Simone and/or Kyndall it would make more sense cause it could just have been an old list?

Maybe Yuko fell through and they picked one of the final "cut-ees" to take her place and picked Emily?  That would be absolutely NUTS of they did that on the show - like INSANE!

Can't be...just can't be.

• Love 1

Maybe she was cut and called back though - like a Kaime situation, but only w/ making the team itself - and not just training camp!  My mind is blown just from imagining how such a scene would go down - it would be like the biggest dramatic twist, like ever!, on MTT!!!

I think at the very least this creates just a little speculation that Yuko got Emily's spot. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - like is this just a Wikipedia error?  Someone fed them a bad list?  But she wasn't even one of the last cuts? - like if it had Amy Simone and/or Kyndall it would make more sense cause it could just have been an old list?

Maybe Yuko fell through and they picked one of the final "cut-ees" to take her place and picked Emily?  That would be absolutely NUTS of they did that on the show - like INSANE!

Can't be...just can't be.

Holy Hell, I think we're all paranoid and hallucinating, the heat coupled with the wait for the show has fried our brains. I opened Wiki and saw ? talk about a twist.

• Love 4

Judy is so negative towards all the girls.  She dosent like ANYONE and only has negative comments toward the girls.  If Cassie was not her daughter she would have absolutely shredded her!

Edited by missmansfield
wrong word
  • Love 3

Wikipedia is all user content. Anyone can get in and edit it at any time, was probably someone on this board.

i could create a login now and update the page. 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 4

Wiki is definitely not a reliable source. When I was in college we were not allowed to cite wiki for any of our papers because anyone can create and edit the page. I think you can even edit it without creating an account. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Wikipedia is all user content. Anyone can get in and edit it at any time, was probably someone on this board.

i could create a login now and update the page. 

Exactly. I've edited that page myself a few times due to names left off the roster, or misspellings. I'm sure whoever edited it just had their facts wrong.

• Love 1

Regarding the cheerleaders pay, I will assume that there are multitudes of extremely talented, beautiful, technically-skilled dancers out there that would love the exposure DCC would give them, but won't go for it based on how much work is necessary for the pay you could get begging for change. 

Perhaps if they threw more money towards cheerleaders salaries, they could attract this level of talent AND help redeem some of the crappy reputation the NFL has over its players.

Plus, could you just see the giddyness in Kelli's face as she goes through the resumes and head shots of that first crop of candidates???

Drool towel anyone?lolol

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Java said:

Regarding the cheerleaders pay, I will assume that there are multitudes of extremely talented, beautiful, technically-skilled dancers out there that would love the exposure DCC would give them, but won't go for it based on how much work is necessary for the pay you could get begging for change. 

Perhaps if they threw more money towards cheerleaders salaries, they could attract this level of talent AND help redeem some of the crappy reputation the NFL has over its players.

Plus, could you just see the giddyness in Kelli's face as she goes through the resumes and head shots of that first crop of candidates???

Drool towel anyone?lolol

My thoughts exactly!

Hmm one of our insiders said waaaay up the thread that they get paid for training camp, most appearances and all games. Aside from actual money in their pockets they do get a lot of perks back in return; the nutrition advice, hair, makeup, tanning, I think they get free dental care too? Plus all the travel, the swimsuit calendar, medical care if they get injured. The way I see it, if it was a terrible job for terrible money these girls wouldn't be falling over themselves to do it. But I agree somewhat - it's not alot of money to justify moving across the country (IMO)  

re wiki anyone can go and edit it. I might go and edit my name onto one of the squads for 5 minutes just for the lols 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I know this is off topic (sorry but I don't know where else to ask this).  CMT has been showing reruns and I wanted to ask if anyone knows happened to Courtney Cook?

Courtney was dealing with an eating disorder & anxiety issues. I really think it was a case of too much too soon. Another young really innocent girl-woman who found herself as a sex object.  I personally don't know how I would have handled the jeering & cat calls when I was only 18. Those touchdown decks wereextremelyclose to the fans.  The good news is that she's doing fine now. BTW - the timing of that entire episode was "reality driven". Court had been sick for quite some time prior to leaving the Big D.

• Love 3