Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, kgirl38 said:

Long time stalker, first time poster.  The questions are lame.  Who do you want to win The Bachelor?  Seriously?  What is your favorite part of the audition process?  I don't know what I was hoping, but it certainly wasn't that. 

Like I said, I'm a first time poster, long time lurker.....what I don't understand, and I have been trying to read through the posts is about Kyndall.  She was fired from her job for practicing in the bathroom?  And we know she was cut on the final night, but we think Megan was behind it?  Where did this information come from?  I'm not questioning it at all or trying to be snarky at all, I'm just wondering if there is another chat board or something I'm missing lol.  I feel behind on the gossip!

Thank you so much.  I was thought I was missing something!! 

Melissa did talk about the mean girls on the squad when she decided not to try out for her third year, decided to come back, quit the squad, and then come back again, and finally decided not to try out again. I think I remember reading somewhere where she thought Abigail Klein was after her boyfriend. Of course, once Melissa signed up to be a judge and a mentor she took it all back to say she left the team because of a relationship. Okay...Take it with a grain of salt and hearsay. I think the girls do not always get along 24/7, and I do roll my eyes at the questions and answers during chats and when the girls are interviewed because they always give the same type of answers. To be a fly on the wall to see what really happens behind close doors.

Among other tidbits, there was an article written by a former DCC (who went by the name Yellow Rose), which said the team was full of mean girls namely - Trisha, Crystal, Meredith, Cassie, and another blonde who I can't remember. I was in sorority - no one gets along 100% of the time, especially when the organization is designed for the girls to compete against each other always (show group, group leader, campout trophy, point of the triangle, rookie/vet of the year, etc.) and esteems some team members above the others. I dont think the girls are as mean as they probably once were nor do I think they secretly hate each other like Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but I KNOW it is not rainbows and butterflies in DCC land.

• Love 8

Watched the FB chat.  Thought it was interesting that the girls only get to keep the finals uniform as everyone gets one.  The rest of the practice uniforms need to be returned.  Also stressed that you needed to be a DCC for the full year or you could not get the pinkie ring.  Interesting

• Love 2

I honestly don't understand the Melissa thing either.  If you were going to pick a mentor, why not pick Jackie Bob or one of the Treveno's?  (sp)  Melissa had what...one or two years? 

OOHHHH I would LOVE to hear Cassie stories.  I honestly think she was behind the whole Chelsea thing.  How would Kelli and Judy know that Chelsea was partying on the weekends unless some little snitch told them?  OR how would they know about Taylor talking about how she didn't need to practice?  Now I really don't think Taylor didn't need to practice, because she absolutely did lol.  It's just my theory.  If she took Judy's spot I would have to stop watching.  Maybe she's there with her kids because she has nothing else to do?  She doesn't have a job, right?  And she is a total mean girl.  I could see her cutting a girl who is an amazing dancer but Cassie just didn't like her.  And honestly how could you respect Cassie if you were a great dancer and she was your teacher?  You would be a better dancer than her!! 

As for Auto Amy, I truly feel really bad for her.  Maybe she was a "dance risk," but they took Breelan Ashley Pro, Morgan, Sunni, and that one girl (I can't think of her name but she looked liked an orange marker colored her.  THEY TOOK CASSIE.  And she was the front of the triangle how many times?  They didn't take Maddie the first time around because she didn't have the "DCC look."  I personally think she's adorable, she just needed to lighten up her hair the first year.  Easy fix.  And don't get me started on Ashley from the Kansas City Chiefs.  She was a doll and was a good dancer and they kept cutting her. 

Can we talk about Vivien for a second?  Has she ever heard of the word "humble?"  Her reaction when she didn't get the fan vote?  Or when she was called last into TC, her little shoulder shrug?  I don't know why, but that grinds my gears. 

Sorry for the long post.....I have been a long time lurker and holding a lot in lol.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, pink317 said:

Among other tidbits, there was an article written by a former DCC (who went by the name Yellow Rose), which said the team was full of mean girls namely - Trisha, Crystal, Meredith, Cassie, and another blonde who I can't remember. I was in sorority - no one gets along 100% of the time, especially when the organization is designed for the girls to compete against each other always (show group, group leader, campout trophy, point of the triangle, rookie/vet of the year, etc.) and esteems some team members above the others. I dont think the girls are as mean as they probably once were nor do I think they secretly hate each other like Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but I KNOW it is not rainbows and butterflies in DCC land.

Wow Trisha and Crystal surprise me, but I don't know them.  I do think Melissa is very sweet, but I don't think she has much pull in who J%K pick.  I honestly don't think anyone does except for Charlotte.  I can see a lot of them being mean girls and doing things to get ahead, like you said they are all competing for the triangle, the calendar, group leader, show group, etc....I'm sure it gets pretty ugly.  I do think there are really sweet girls, like Danielle.  She tried out with a friend right?  Her friend didn't make it back.....if I remember correctly.  I wonder what she does now.  I really wish there was a tell all book.  I'm sure Kelli would NEVER allow that.  I'm sure they sign some kind of contract drafted by the Cowboys attorneys that they are not allowed to say much of anything. 

Edited by kgirl38
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

They always pick the lame questions to answer.  They want the aura that dcc is perfect and no one effs up ever.  Can someone please write a tell all book like holly Madison did on playboy?  Please???

A tell-all, a true, down and dirty tell all, would be like crack for us! I'm sure the girls sign  some sort of confidentiality agreements, or nondisclosure agreements at least about certain elements of the operation and experience. @dalgal214 sounds like she's worn the uniform and maybe she knows how detailed whatever they sign is. 

So anyone with the guts to write a really juicy compelling tell all would have to have a pen name under deep lawyer protection. 

And I wouldn't even want it to be all the dirty laundry. I would just love to know all the things the general public doesn't know. I love all the questions asked here. What about periods and tampons? How can you do jump splits and land on Astroturf without shredding your pantyhose? Assuming you tear up your pantyhose every time you land the jump splits, how many times per game do you change hose?

What's the deal with all the old lady DCC alumni who seem to come out of the woodwork at random events like the Belk fashion show or the alumni day at a home game? Do they give money to the organization?  What is their level of support or involvement? Do any of them eventually get asked to silently step away? I think there's a lesbian DCC allow him in Chicago or somewhere. It seems as if she has a great career and has made a big name for herself and her industry, which I think is fitness but I may be way off base.  Do Kelli and Judy welcome her with the same warmth they would welcome an alumni who has become a senator's wife or an executive's wife or a socialite or really powerful charity reader? Or a female CEO?

i noticed Brandi from Real Housewives of Dallas never used  The full name of the cheerleader organization. They also didn't use the full name of the cheerleader organization in the show open. They never, ever called it the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Even that makes me wonder what restrictions she currently operates under in using that name?

Also to keep this current to training camp candidates or new rookies for this season, I wonder if there are luncheons or cocktail parties or other events where the newest girls get to continually meet alumni who can later open doors for them in their careers or goals? 

How do you balance being a beautiful, elite, pseudo-celebrity with a pristine reputation with also being a piece of meat drunk fat uneducated football fans consider their personal eye candy? 

Wow oops I'll stop

1 hour ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

'Deep In The Heart of Texas' by the Scholz sisters. Dated, but good.

I'm so glad I joined this chat lol.  I am really sorry for the posts.  I had back surgery a few months ago so I have been watching quite a bit of it online lol

1 hour ago, McGee43 said:

I don't think it was because she got nervous.  Her kicks were awful at the end of training camp that year and they took a chance. 

Not sick of your posting - you're very enthusiastic!

Haha....I don't watch much TV, but I'm addicted to this show.  And I have so many comments and questions.  I don't get why they take some horrible dancers and reject some great ones.  I wonder if any of it is scripted or CMT asks for more drama?  Why do they pick on some girls and not others.  I will go to my grave wondering about Breelan and Ashley Pro.  It's obvious they have favorites.  Like I said before, I'm a Maddie fan and I think she's so cute but they didn't think so, but they took girls who weren't nearly as cute as her.  I guess we all have our own opinions.  AND how the heck could you only name TWO presidents?!

• Love 6

Watching the bachelorette and was like that looks like DCC Erica.  Then Chris introduced the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders that's when I noticed the rest of them.  I could specifically pick Judy, Holly, Amy T, and Jenna out but they were all there! Erica stood out in a great way! stunning! 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Josreason said:

Watching the bachelorette and was like that looks like DCC Erica.  Then Chris introduced the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders that's when I noticed the rest of them.  I could specifically pick Judy, Holly, Amy T, and Jenna out but they were all there! Erica stood out in a great way! stunning! 

yeah we were posting about this in the media thread here! so cool to see them!!! loved when they panned to judy and kelli looking all serious...wonder if they were really into it or like 'this is such a crap show' LOL 

4 hours ago, Josreason said:

Hmmm...I would not be surprised if Erica is asked to be a Bachelorette in the future. She would be perfect if she isn't already locked down. 

9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think Melissa has any real pull either, but would have more than a DCC. Melissa is there to draw in some of the dancing with the stars/bachelor etx audience.

I agree she's there for ratings. No pull. She's also scripted for MTT. Its a joke.

Please keep the conversation on this year's tryouts and training camp and what is going on now with the girls until the premiere episode starts on August 25th. Discussion about former DCCs and former seasons can continue in their respected threads. Going off topic can derail the thread. Thank you.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Please keep the conversation on this year's tryouts and training camp and what is going on now with the girls until the premiere episode starts on August 25th. Discussion about former DCCs and former seasons can continue in their respected threads. Going off topic can derail the thread. Thank you.

I'm sorry! I'm new here.  Ok, that's not a good excuse, but when I get going, I can go off topic quickly.

The girls are filming Access Hollywood Live today. Kelli is wearing the same dress from yesterday's appearance but in a different color! She literally just rotates the same belk dresses... do they carry any other style of dress? Lol 

Their press tour seemed much smaller compared to years past. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, pink317 said:

The girls are filming Access Hollywood Live today. Kelli is wearing the same dress from yesterday's appearance but in a different color! She literally just rotates the same belk dresses... do they carry any other style of dress? Lol 

I can't stand that dress on Kelli. She always wears the same form fitting dresses with cut outs for cleavage.

1 hour ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I was thinking the very same thing. The thing is, this style is NOT flattering on her. And it's the only style she wears. If I find a flattering style I'll buy one in every color. IF IT'S FLATTERING. Seems she's done that times ten. The cut makes her look barrel waisted, the sleeves make her look like she has cow milking upper arms (cap sleeves are NOT for people with any arm fat-like me. Talk about making a muffin outta nothin), and we get that you like VIBRANT colors, but can ya throw on a neutral once in a while? I LOVE when she goes more boho at rehearsals, I think that boho/neutral thing makes her look slimmer and younger and it accentuates her beauty in a more youthful, appropriately sexy way.

This is really mean, but I'm going to say it....and I have no room to talk because I'm not slender by any means, but I wonder if by the end of the day she thinks "I can't wait to get these spanks off."   I mean....come on she clearly wears spanks with all those form fitting dresses. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Hate to go Steel Magnolias on ya, but I imagine she hasn't left the house without Lycra on those thighs since she was 15. Cuz she was raised right, you know. 

Lol! I always think of "Steel Magnolias" in reference to Kelli's dresses too, but it's the "two pigs wrestling under a blanket" that I think of.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Hate to go Steel Magnolias on ya, but I imagine she hasn't left the house without Lycra on those thighs since she was 15. Cuz she was raised right, you know. 

? PREACH?

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:46 AM, Preity said:

I don't care how great a dancer Yuko is, if she needs all sorts of special help she shouldn't be there. I have no idea what the Visa situation with her is, so I don't want to judge her on it, but missing camp to go back to Japan? No one else gets that much encouragement from K+J. What about girls who need to lose weight or something. Do they get an extra week to work on it? No. Do people who have full time jobs get to be there a couple of minutes later than others if their work schedule is crazy? No. There is no time off from training camp, that's the way it has always been. And there are plenty of other great dancers out there so if she can't complete all of training camp she shouldn't be there. 

Also, and this may sound mean, I really hate it when someone can't speak the language properly. I don't expect someone to be able to speak perfectly, but I find it really annoying when someone has a hard time saying one sentence without thinking about it or making a ton of mistakes. There are so many shows on TV about people leaving everything behind and moving to a foreign country not being able to speak that language and it always bugs me. If I want a job somewhere in a country with a different language I learn it before moving. 

And I really hope her translator doesn't sit there during practice translating everything for her... That would be akward. Before the show I had no Idea what cankles were, what clunky meant or willowy or any of the dance moves for that matter, but I would have made sure to understand everything I can from watching the show a million times. 

I actually have nothing against Yuko and if I were in her place I wouldn't have left TC or anything. I just don't like how she seems to be getting all this special treatment (in my eyes at least). And personally I wouldn't want all that special treatment so I could be the token girl from country X. So for her sake I hope that's not the case.

i wonder if maybe they kept her to give her some extra time, see if she could keep up or catch up after missing all that time. If they decided to cut her now they would still have a squad of 36 like they probably intended to in the first place. That would be heartbreaking of course, but it wouldn't be the first time someone was let go during the season. 

Oh and I'm really really sad about Amy. She, Emily and Madeline were the three people I was really rooting for this year. I love Amy, she just seems so genuine to me. I never really cared for Kyndall last year... Don't really know why.... I feel sorry for her, but I'm not going to miss her I guess. 

Can't wait to see them all in uniform! 

um not all of us have the opportunity to learn how to speak a language before moving there.  My mom speaks broken English and is the smartest and bravest person I know, giving up everything so we could have opportunities in this great country.  She also speaks 4 different languages so I would hope people would be open-minded, global and cultured enough to not judge a person or be negative about a person because they can't speak "English".  It's funny .. people here are paying $40K a year so their preschool kids can go to special private schools that teach only in Spanish or in Mandarin....wow, dare to dream, I guess English isn't the only language out there

• Love 9
3 hours ago, kgirl38 said:

This is really mean, but I'm going to say it....and I have no room to talk because I'm not slender by any means, but I wonder if by the end of the day she thinks "I can't wait to get these spanks off."   I mean....come on she clearly wears spanks with all those form fitting dresses. 

She always looks so uncomfortable in those dresses I am uncomfortable for her!

• Love 3

I saw a different promo for this new season today. It still featured Vivian but it did show Amy S. in Kelli's office with tears streaming down her face. I know posters here hate a crying Amy but I am an Amy fan. She looked scared though. And we had a crying Madeline in the finials confessional I think. She looks noticeably better as in prettier.

I really wish CMT would stop using footage from tryouts from 3 years ago in their promos. I think I caught Melissa in her rookie tryout costume. 23 more days, ladies! 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, pink317 said:

Last year they were also on I Can Do That in addition to their press tour.  That is where Cheryl Burke & Nicole Scherzinger danced with them to I'm Burning Up

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Those dresses are horrendous.  Especially the teal one that comes out once a year.   I like when wears jeans and flip flops and her hair up.  That's when she looks the best.  

And that cleavage!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

I really wish CMT would stop using footage from tryouts from 3 years ago in their promos. I think I caught Melissa in her rookie tryout costume. 23 more days, ladies! 

And perhaps this year's show open will include girls from this year's team? Or at least this decade's?

11 hours ago, GingerJ said:

And perhaps this year's show open will include girls from this year's team? Or at least this decade's?

Doubt it, lol. They've been using that same intro for the majority of the show. I don't see them changing it now, but who knows.

2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Big Sky Girl answered. Yes, Charlotte's daughter. 

My post sounded snarky. I don't know Haley. I actually feel bad for her, having Charlotte as a mom.

Charlotte is interesting. A local radio station here interviewed her a few years back. She's probably the smartest of her siblings and was nothing like what we see on MTT. I do wonder what any of them (K, J or Charlotte) are like with their children though.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:04 PM, JayDKay said:

Hopefully for at least another year. Not sure about Visa's but once she finishes, does she have to go back Australia? If Jen retires at 4 years, i hope at least one of the girls from their rookie class makes 5 years!

Yeah .. unless she marries someone here and becomes a citizen (or gets sponsored for work)

18 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

Charlotte is interesting. A local radio station here interviewed her a few years back. She's probably the smartest of her siblings and was nothing like what we see on MTT. I do wonder what any of them (K, J or Charlotte) are like with their children though.

Charlotte is brilliant but she's not a nice person. I speak from personal experience, not just because of MTT.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:46 PM, TXStar35 said:

I mean absolutely no offense when I say this, but this line made me laugh. ha! I would dare to say none of the girls would ever want to wear that, let alone the Cowboys allowing that.

The fabric is very rich and soft shockingly! It also has never wrinkled from my recollection.

I am not sure if the why Megan wasn't at Oxnard question has been answered, but she was taken off due to weight. I don't think that is a shock to anyone though. I also believe Kelli and Mandy were asked to attend due to the lack of blondes in the show group as well as their talent was needed! I have seen the new headshots and some are once again better than others both veteran and rookie alike. Some of my favorites were veterans Holly, Jenn K., Danielle, and Erica. Rookies, Selina, Jessika, Madeline, and Kelli.  I am anxious to see who gets to perform a solo at Meet the Team though! my guesses are Madeline, Mandy, Holly, Jenna, and possibly Melissa.

Thanks for letting us know.  I am actually a bit surprised - I didn't think she had a weight issue in all the pictures I've seen (especially one where she was dancing).  Melissa always seemed to be the one borderline of chunky.  I guess she's smart enough to know when and how to drop the weight fast?

Megan is a gorgeous girl and dancer ... until I see it on tv, I'm not holding anything against her for the Kyndall situation.  Kyndall got Kyndall got.  Or rather K+J did!

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 1:34 AM, grapevine said:

Sorry- I misunderstood. I just am still interested to see how the Yuko thing plays out..Also not trying to be racist or nationalistic so I hope it doesn't come across that way, but Cowboys are known as "America's Team". I feel like the majority of the girls should be "american girls" that represent the US. I know the US is diverse and they have a diverse squad but when theres visa issues and a language barrier involved..hmm I just don't know.

You're right - America is diverse and I don't think citizenship or blond hair / white skin / perfect English is a requirement (that would be a different group lol).  Cause Jinelle has a visa and an accent. 

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:05 AM, DCCFAN71 said:

Commenting on the Courtney Johnson comments. I do find it hard to believe that she will never try out again. She is really close friends with Samantha and seems to love the DCC. Maybe she decided to finish college first and then try out again. 

I must admit I never disliked Jenn K but she was just never one of my favorites until this year. You can't deny her talent and I would love love love to be her size. I think changing her hair has done wonders. Now, they need to change Holly's (I wonder if she is allowed to let it grow) or does she have to keep it short because that is how she started out...

They really need to hire Michelle Keys as a full-time dance instructor for the DCC, she is amazing. Also, can someone please explain to me why Kelli and Judy both have to travel with the girls everywhere, I can see one of them going but both?? To me Judy adds no value she always has her RBF and she yells at the girls all the time. They need a younger head choreographer. How old is Judy? Is she not close to retirement???? They will probably have to drag her away kicking and screaming b4 she gives up that job...lololol!! 

lol - in my opinion there's no real reason they both need to go except it's free travel and they can have a little vacation from home life?  who knows ... but yeah she will totally scream and kick before giving it up lol.

It is interesting she only has a high school degree ... she very much lucked out finding this gig then - something she loves to do and I'm guessing she makes waaaaay more than your average high school graduate.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Charlotte is brilliant but she's not a nice person. I speak from personal experience, not just because of MTT.

Really - so she is a smart business woman?  Good for her on that front.  Haley is lucky ... she's an heiress no?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Really - so she is a smart business woman?  Good for her on that front.  Haley is lucky ... she's an heiress no?

I'm good at reading ppl. It does not surprise me one bit that she is a nasty person. Well, at least her daughter has money maybe she can buy some looks. lol

lol - in my opinion there's no real reason they both need to go except it's free travel and they can have a little vacation from home life?  who knows ... but yeah she will totally scream and kick before giving it up lol.

It is interesting she only has a high school degree ... she very much lucked out finding this gig then - something she loves to do and I'm guessing she makes waaaaay more than your average high school graduate.

It did shock me too that a high school grad is an expert at teaching dance. I mean Judy didnt even further her dance education so what exactly did she bring to the table back then. I'm sure now she has become more knowledgeable but what made her the most qualified candidate at the time. Well, then again during that time the cheerleaders were not required to be so technically trained. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Sorry to quote you twice DCCFAN71!  Still figuring out the board.

I thought I remember Judy saying once that Kelli looks for "the DCC Look" when choosing cheerleaders while she looks for their dance technique.  Does anyone know Cassie's dance background?  With the emphasis Judy puts on technique, you'd think that Cassie would have had a lot of studio training but the impression I get from people who know dance is that she was technically lacking.  Is her background just exclusively all -star cheer?

Yeah Cassie's background is exclusively all star. She might have had dance classes as a little girl 

• Love 2

I'll never understand why all these girls that only do all star cheer wouldn't take dance on the side if they eventually want to be DCC.  Good dance technique takes years to develop - it's is just not something you can pick up overnight just cause you are coordinated.  

• Love 4

Charlotte is probably the smartest person in that organization, and one of the brightest people in the NFL. If she were a man, she'd be running the Cowboys, instead of Steven. 

1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I'm good at reading ppl. It does not surprise me one bit that she is a nasty person. Well, at least her daughter has money maybe she can buy some looks. lol

It did shock me too that a high school grad is an expert at teaching dance. I mean Judy didnt even further her dance education so what exactly did she bring to the table back then. I'm sure now she has become more knowledgeable but what made her the most qualified candidate at the time. Well, then again during that time the cheerleaders were not required to be so technically trained. 

You can tell Judy doesn't have a higher level education. Certain grammar she uses on the show make that obvious. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Charlotte is probably the smartest person in that organization, and one of the brightest people in the NFL. If she were a man, she'd be running the Cowboys, instead of Steven. 

Yes, I agree.

• Love 1