Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Bailey3606 said:

H

Spoiler

ere's a photo Mike Napoli posted with Caila. If you look in the background, you can obviously see they are at Clutch (a 21 and up bar in uptown).

Everyone has fake IDs, but she should really slow down on the partying because it's really taking a toll on her body. 

Plus, imagine if Caila got caught with the fake ID  and got arrested. K&J would not be pleased.

@vtranman on instagram posted a pic of three DCC vets with Judy teaching the candidates the dance combo. It said "Time to separate the contenders from the pretenders". I'll try and get the pic but think his page is private.

8 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

@vtranman on instagram posted a pic of three DCC vets with Judy teaching the candidates the dance combo. It said "Time to separate the contenders from the pretenders". I'll try and get the pic but think his page is private.

I was going to say do they use retired vets or current ones to teach the dances, because you'd assume the ones doing the teaching were definitely going to make the team.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, NFLSweethearts said:

These two girls made it to semi's the other girl in the photo is called Brooke Carnley but her account is private.

I'll add them to the list!

3 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I was going to say do they use retired vets or current ones to teach the dances, because you'd assume the ones doing the teaching were definitely going to make the team.

It's hard to make out from the pic which girls they are! Maybe they are going with current ones this year? One on the left looks a lot like Robin

4 minutes ago, BritFan said:

Poor cameraman lol! I hope he wasn't stuck under there all day!!

Haha :D Can anyone make out who the three girls are?

2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I think that's Jacie, holly a and Mia.   Not sure though. 

Yeah that does look a lot like Mia on the right!

12 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Auto Amy is annoying and her tears last year were so fake.

im hoping the Snoop Dogg video will surface...

My thoughts exactly.

• Love 2

I wonder if the audition numbers that we'll hear when the show airs includes: anyone that got an automatic pass to semifinals (if that still happens), the returning vets, as well as anyone who submitted an application but didn't show up? Also, perhaps numbers are assigned before the girls who are auditioning get there, especially if there is anyone that Kelli/Judy have heard about or that CMT wants to focus on? Just a thought.

Side note: I told myself last year that I wouldn't peek at the forums so as to be surprised with how things turn out...maybe I'll keep that promise to myself once training camp starts...yeah right!

• Love 2

Anyone have knowledge of the time frame break down for today? I'm in Utah and trying to follow Mademassengill and our former Jazz dancer (the one who appears to love romance novel covers).

Who is the woman sitting next to Charlotte?  I don't recognize her.  It also appears that Kelli has let her hair grow slightly below her shoulders.  I can't wait for the results this afternoon or tonight and then next week!!

Even if the Snoop Dogg video of Auto Amy surfaces and is seen by Judy, Kelli and whoever, it depends on WHEN it is seen.  If it is seen before finals or Training Camp: she may not make it any further than when it is seen depending on the reaction.  She could also make it further on the strength of having "danced" for Snoop Dogg. Regardless, if she makes it to Training Camp, there are any number of reasons why she could be asked to leave: her height, the length of her legs, her kicks, how quickly she picks up the dances, how she performs, whether anything shows up on social media or the internet that may damage the brand, etc.  There's any number of reasons she could take herself out of training camp, if she even gets that far.  It really depends on how she does in Semis and possibly finals.

• Love 2

Is the combo new to everyone....vets as well as wanna-be rookies? It seems inherently smart & fair to teach a new dance to everyone.  It might even place a vet or 2 at risk, if proven slow to pick up new routines. I wonder about this, since I vaguely recall Ashley Pro's weak combo her 2nd year. Wasn't this one major reason she didn't make it back?.

19 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Who is the woman sitting next to Charlotte?  I don't recognize her.  It also appears that Kelli has let her hair grow slightly below her shoulders.  I can't wait for the results this afternoon or tonight and then next week!!

Meredith Land. A local news anchor.

(edited)

I brought work home with me, I have to go get groceries and yet here I am trolling the forums and social media to find out about semi's.

I also can't believe how excited I'll be when the finals are announced and we get to start voting.

I am officially DCC trash. LMAO

btw, thanks DCCFan37 for all your lists. You are da bomb!

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 3

I think they get a new audition routine every year. The Semi-Finalists learn the routine today, and the vets get to learn and start practicing the routine on Wednesday. The vets are given a shorter time because they are expected to learn the routine faster.

21 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She's a good dancer, but there are many artistic directors who would cut her for her short legs and not care how she danced.  The unproportionally large breasts and short neck she has don't help either.    Not being mean, but that's how the dance world can be - people care what your body looks like.  It's even more important than if you have a pretty face or not.

Has a vet ever been cut for appearance issues...something besides weight? 

(edited)

I'm guessing Fabio 2016 is someone from Halcyon, maybe a new director of the salon or something? Seems like they always have someone from Halcyon as a judge. He doesn't look familiar though so I don't think we've seen him in the makeover episodes from seasons past.

I just noticed Jamie is back this year! I really really really hope they give her a chance at TC. I really like her.

Edited by SanLynn

Being late, missing appointments aka uniform fittings, not looking like a DCC aka hair and makeup probably would get a vet cut if it continues. Kaitlyn LeGrand was cut in Season 6 for missing a practice, bad dancing, missing her uniform fitting, and not wearing the proper DCC veteran practice outfit once.

9 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Has a vet ever been cut for appearance issues...something besides weight? 

The only vet I can really think of whose appearance was discussed for something other than weight was Collin Julia, and the comments were about over-tanning. It wasn't really a discussion, just a couple comments during her solo. I think her appearance contributed to her cut along with a bad solo and getting out danced in general.

47 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Another girl who made semis 

It's Jacie, Holly, and Mia 

I will add her to the list!! I will post an updated list later tonight after we start seeing finalists uodates! Glad I can help everyone!!:)

12 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Also, do you ever think it irks Kitty that she's not a judge? I wonder why she isn't.

Kitty isn't an official judge, but I'd say her opinion matters more than these random people who actually sit there through auditions. It sounds like she gives reports to Kelli and Judy throughout prep class season, and they bring her in during training camp to evaluate everyone. And I think she is a judge for show group.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Hi all, I'm new here. I think literally years of lurking is quite enough! So far I recognize Kristy (sp?), Charlotte, Kelli, Judy, Romo's wife, Jay, and Meredith Land but anyone know who the others are? Namely Fabio 2016? Also, do you ever think it irks Kitty that she's not a judge? I wonder why she isn't.

I think the man behind Kelli and Charlotte in pink shirt is a local meteorologist named either Scott or Steve?. The woman behind him in the printed dress is Brenda Teele; the judge who always stumps some of the finalists during the interviews. The woman behind Romo's wife is Kristi Scales; she's often the voice of reason when the judges are deliberating on who to bring to finals and ultimately training camp. I think she works for the Cowboys as a sideline reporter. Feel free to correct the previous information.

Edited by kickline2278
typo

It would be obviously unfair  - even though there's a ton of unfairness/subjectiveness in the whole dance industry - to have some one who teaches prep classes judge. She could easily be accused of just voting for girls who paid her for prep class. Kitty earns a lot more money teaching and wing a DCC tech advisor than would benefit her from being a judge.

Another random question...

After learning the combo, do these women get a certain amount of time to practice it or is it "get dolled up & ready to perform"?

The combo is performed along with the kick line & splits...then what?

Do all the women advance or just a certain number, into the interview portion?

Sorry for the redundant questions but I've never really read about the audition process.

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Another random question...

After learning the combo, do these women get a certain amount of time to practice it or is it "get dolled up & ready to perform"?

The combo is performed along with the kick line & splits...then what?

Do all the women advance or just a certain number, into the interview portion?

Sorry for the redundant questions but I've never really read about the audition process.

It has been said that they do get a certain amount of time to go over it on their own. Then a certain amount to fluff and puff. Then they perform back inside. After that, judges deliberate and will announce finalists one by one. These girls will advance to interviews alongside the vets and then the next day, finals (dancing portion) 

The girls are rehearsing the choreography on their own right now. 

Kitty is present at semi finals. 

PS: where did they lady go whose daughter is supposedly auditioning? She must not have made semis or she'd be in here bragging and carrying on. 

• Love 1

I think it is around the time cherryblossom said. The Semi-Finalists perform the dance routine and kickline twice before the judges. The judges deliberate on who will make it to finals, and Kelli, Judy and Charlotte go out in front of the girls and announce who made it to finals. Next Friday are panel interviews and next Saturday are finals (solo routines and final routine and kickline.) I think the Semi-Finalists take the one test on the day of Semi-Finals, and the reauditioning vets take it on Wednesday and learn the Finals routine the same day. The winner of the You Be the Judge Vote will be announced at the same time the finalists are announced next Saturday.

15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think it is around the time cherryblossom said. The Semi-Finalists perform the dance routine and kickline twice before the judges. The judges deliberate on who will make it to finals, and Kelli, Judy and Charlotte go out in front of the girls and announce who made it to finals. Next Friday are panel interviews and next Saturday are finals (solo routines and final routine and kickline.) I think the Semi-Finalists take the one test on the day of Semi-Finals, and the reauditioning vets take it on Wednesday and learn the Finals routine the same day. The winner of the You Be the Judge Vote will be announced at the same time the finalists are announced next Saturday.

Finalists and You Be The Judge will be announced/posted tonight

1 minute ago, 2134.dancer said:

Finalists and You Be The Judge will be announced/posted tonight

I don't think they can announce who is going to finals but I would think the finalists would be those who finish and are then considered training camp candidates.  Tonight they will film the You Be the Judge.  I just wished they would have one of the vets do the correct routine so we would have something to compare it to.  Put Mia up there demonstrating the dance!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, cherryblossom said:

I don't think they can announce who is going to finals but I would think the finalists would be those who finish and are then considered training camp candidates.  Tonight they will film the You Be the Judge.  I just wished they would have one of the vets do the correct routine so we would have something to compare it to.  Put Mia up there demonstrating the dance!

Yes, they announce who is going to Finals tonight.  Finals consists of the interview, solo & field performance of combo/kickline with the vets.  They'll film the You Be the Judge clips tonight, too.

2 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Yes. They will announce who the finalist candidates are tonight. 

• Love 1

Justine's build is amazing. I have to admit that I prefer either the longer/lean or petite power dancers. Lately it appears the women have been  becoming increasingly hard bodied. I'm all for personal fitness but zero body fat can absolutely result in a "harder" look. Maybe that ginormous screen means not a single ounce of fat but I personally prefer seeing womanly figures with curves. Even their faces take on a more masculine look when all fat is eliminated.  Chantel, Stephanie & Holly P are 3 hard bod types. It does effect their overall beauty imo since they are not as feminine.  I'll be interested in seeing how many make DCC covers.  

Bottom line tho is all women are beautiful in their own, special way. DCC beauty is simply heightened imo. I do like seeing a range of figures but those diaper shorts are incredibly unforgiving. 

1 hour ago, Bailey3606 said:

Fabio is from Tangerine, their new salon.

That's so interesting, the 1st what 8 seasons they were with one salon, now it's 2 in the last 3 seasons.

Thanks for the clarification!

• Love 1