Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, stormy said:

Even with all the f'ups Steve Schmidt made in the past, I still love him and I'm happy whenever he's on MJ or Nicolle's show.

It was only a couple of weeks ago on MJ he called trump an idiot.  Best moment of the show that day.

I think he is a funny cable tv show pundit. Calling Trump an idiot is good for laughs, but I don't take him too seriously as a political  analyst. It's ridiculous for him to recommend a populist VP Candidate in 2008 to get more votes yet be shocked that Trump ran as a populist in 2016 & won.

He should know better since he ran Gov Arnold's populist campaign in 2003 & 2006.

Joe Scarborough is in the same boat. He used to have insights into GOP voters that turned on Clinton in 1990's.

Joe now acts like is a member of the Kennedy family from Hyannis. He claims that he is a "Conservative" but I doubt he could win any statewide race as a GOP candidate.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Seems to me, after glimpsing that Twitter link, that Mika has a lot of "mornings off"....at least it seems that way when you see it in black and white.  I guess we have gotten so accustomed to her not being there (at all) that when you actually look, she is gone an awful lot.  Awfully lot?

Regarding Steve Schmidt guesting.  Is he on MJ often? I love that he feels free to speak truth to power. Remember...the interview with Katie Couric seemed like a no-brainer.  What could be easier than naming books/papers and magazines that you read regularly.  Anyone could answer that; it didn't seem like Katie was asking a "gotcha" (love Palin for that word) question.  Joe cannot hold his own with smart guests (that would explain some of the regulars); he covers by bluster and rants.  You can practically see him marking his territory when Schmidt or anyone who is media-savvy, witty or smart comes on the show.  He would rather his guests slouch in their chairs like Barnicle.  

This is an excellent point. Joe used to be able to debate smart guests. However, his ego has taken over & he repeats himself on vague talking point from 10 years ago. They can't even get Claire McKaskill on the show anymore. She used to like being on the show & talk baseball.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, Landsnark said:

I've really come a long way regarding what I think of Nicole Wallace.  I am a huge fan now. 
They had a great panel at one point.  I don't know the names of many of them, but the guy with the difficult name and incredibly high hair (which he has since tamed) was on the set during this period.  There was:  dude, Elise (no arms visible), Nicole, Willie, some dude, a conservative dude, and high hair guy.  They were measured and thorough and smart.  Great panel.

The guy on the left described how the state of political division and the collapse of the GOP into populism started with Sarah Palin.  My eyes were too sleepy to watch Nicole's face as he indirectly laid responsibility at Nicole's feet.

Clint Watts has lost a lot of weight, and has loosened up a LOT from his first appearances.  He's on MSNBC right now.  I think he's more comfortable on TV now than previously.  It turns out this new relaxed, centered Clint is, um... "fashionable," something I hadn't expected.    https://www.fpri.org/contributor/clint-watts/

I like Secret Agent Clint.

• Love 1

Right Oakville. But I think Joe, Steve Schmidt and many others that call themselves true conservatives, are appalled that a poser could hijack their esteemed party and that the leaders they have held in high regard have let them down.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Right Oakville. But I think Joe, Steve Schmidt and many others that call themselves true conservatives, are appalled that a poser could hijack their esteemed party and that the leaders they have held in high regard have let them down.

I think it is hilarious that Joe & his cronies are so out of touch with the base of their own party. How come Kasich,Rubio & Bush couldn't form an alliance against Trump in the early primaries.?  If they had any guts, they could form another political party & try & sell their "Conservative ideas".

• Love 2
22 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Well damn! Someone is documenting Mika's days off. It's an extensive effort. Lol. The link might work here

Thank you!  That did work for me (I'm not twitterized). 

What in holy hell does she do with all that time off, anyway???  If she wants to be a SAHW ( or near-wife) just do it already, Meeks.  It's not like you're missed - or even that I notice that you're gone anymore, since you so seldom show up.

p.s.  She gets paid how much exactly, to not do her job?  Sweet gig. 

• Love 3
On 4/21/2018 at 8:56 AM, oakville said:

Murphy & Noonan said it would have more sense to pick Kay Bailey Hutchison.

I didn't hear this in real time back then, but boy, it sure makes sense.  A McCain/Hutchison ticket would have given Obama a run for the money, if not actually been victorious.  -----   I like Steve Schmidt now (because he hates tRump so much) but each and every time I see him I'm reminded of the Palin debacle.  One can only hope that Steve has learned a lesson in the ensuing years.  And I also always remember that Nicolle was so appalled by Palin that she refused to even vote in that election after working for one of the candidates.   I ? her for that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Thank you!  That did work for me (I'm not twitterized). 

What in holy hell does she do with all that time off, anyway???  If she wants to be a SAHW ( or near-wife) just do it already, Meeks.  It's not like you're missed - or even that I notice that you're gone anymore, since you so seldom show up.

p.s.  She gets paid how much exactly, to not do her job?  Sweet gig. 

I think she makes around $4m per year. Her starting salary on Morning Joe was $150k per year 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, oakville said:

I think she makes around $4m per year. Her starting salary on Morning Joe was $150k per year 

1 minute ago, oakville said:

Even the 150 grand would be overpayment for what she contributes now.  -  My way-back machine is on the fritz, so even though I've watched this show from its inception (what?!?!?!), I can't remember what she was like as a co-host back then.  I don't recall that she grated on any nerve, so I'm guessing she was ?better? back then.  Which begs the question - when did she start becoming so intolerable and irrelevant? When she got the big raise? When she started bumping up against Joe?  When she started believing her own publicity? 

This is the first time I've seriously considered the fact that MJ might have run its course.  At least with these two in the driver's seat.  Well, then of course it wouldn't be "Morning Joe".  But those two are off the grid so often that it doesn't feel like they even care that much anymore.  And if they don't care, then I don't.

Thank you for that info on Meek-a.  I'm sure it didn't happen but I'd love to think of her having to pay alimony to Mr. Hoffer.  He was there for her during her "struggles" but as soon as she makes the supposed big time, she changes him out for her blowhard boss.  Apparently he wasn't 'worth' enough.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Even the 150 grand would be overpayment for what she contributes now.  -  My way-back machine is on the fritz, so even though I've watched this show from its inception (what?!?!?!), I can't remember what she was like as a co-host back then.  I don't recall that she grated on any nerve, so I'm guessing she was ?better? back then.  Which begs the question - when did she start becoming so intolerable and irrelevant? When she got the big raise? When she started bumping up against Joe?  When she started believing her own publicity? 

This is the first time I've seriously considered the fact that MJ might have run its course.  At least with these two in the driver's seat.  Well, then of course it wouldn't be "Morning Joe".  But those two are off the grid so often that it doesn't feel like they even care that much anymore.  And if they don't care, then I don't.

Thank you for that info on Meek-a.  I'm sure it didn't happen but I'd love to think of her having to pay alimony to Mr. Hoffer.  He was there for her during her "struggles" but as soon as she makes the supposed big time, she changes him out for her blowhard boss.  Apparently he wasn't 'worth' enough.

If you read Mika's first book, "All things at Once" she states on several occasions how supportive Mr. Hoffer was too her during her career struggles.

I  believe that Mika did reach a settlement that was sufficiently lucrative for him, that he felt no need to discuss their marriage breakdown.

• Love 1

I know they said on Friday that "Mika and Joe will be back in Monday," but silly me for thinking that meant they would be in the studio together.  Joe looks like he has not slept in days, and is constantly blinking.  Boy, they are really starting the show in a dark place, castigating the weekend tweets in a depressed, angry way.  No one is at the top of their game today.  

• Love 4

I'm starting to wonder why I continue to watch this show.  We used to watch CNN while reading the newspaper in the morning and enjoyed hearing the news and the light touch of the hosts. CNN started switching things up and changed hosts every few months. We got tired of the constant change.  When we first switched over, I remember enjoying MJ and it seemed to cover more topics.

Now I'm ready for a change on this channel.  Mika and Joe are back. Mike is using her overly dramatic voice and is very, very serious.  Joe is droning on about something.  The news is all about Trump's tweets. Sigh!  I've turned off the show.  I think I enjoyed it more last week and the contrast while not jarring is noticeable.

• Love 5

Monday Recap. Joe is in the bunker. Mika is in the studio. Mika is wearing her dark blue top with a v neck. She wears this top on a regular basis. Her makeup looks horrible.It's mascara overboard. Joe looks very puffy & bloated. Jon Meacham who gave the eulogy for Barbara Bush is in the library.

Joe is mad at Trump's tweets. Joe said Trump is trying to undermine the rule of law. Joe compared Trump to a 1970's Latin American dictator.

Joe is mad at Trump for wanting to investigate McCabe. I read that a criminal referral is being prepared for McCabe.

It's hard to believe that Joe is still outraged at Trump's tweets after 3 years.

The panel is terrified of Trump's tweets. Nick Confessore is upset with Trump changing his position on classification of emails.

Mika & Joe forgot that they spent over a year ranting about Hillary emails being classified.

No discussion of North Korea yet.

Why wasn't Jimmy & Rosalyn Carter at the funeral.?

Barnicle is yelling at clouds.

Mika is frustrated at Trump's tweets.

50 minutes ago, jjj said:

I know they said on Friday that "Mika and Joe will be back in Monday," but silly me for thinking that meant they would be in the studio together.  Joe looks like he has not slept in days, and is constantly blinking.  Boy, they are really starting the show in a dark place, castigating the weekend tweets in a depressed, angry way.  No one is at the top of their game today.  

The show is virtually unwatchable when Joe is in the bunker. He interrupts everyone.

12 minutes ago, madfortv said:

I'm starting to wonder why I continue to watch this show.  We used to watch CNN while reading the newspaper in the morning and enjoyed hearing the news and the light touch of the hosts. CNN started switching things up and changed hosts every few months. We got tired of the constant change.  When we first switched over, I remember enjoying MJ and it seemed to cover more topics.

Now I'm ready for a change on this channel.  Mika and Joe are back. Mike is using her overly dramatic voice and is very, very serious.  Joe is droning on about something.  The news is all about Trump's tweets. Sigh!  I've turned off the show.  I think I enjoyed it more last week and the contrast while not jarring is noticeable.

Mika is very hyper today. She is speaking too quickly.

• Love 5

Joe said that Trump was a big supporter of Hillary Clinton. Joe said Trump found birtherism in 2011. Joe is going back to read what he wrote in his books.

Joe is now discussing his books. Joe said he wrote the same thing in 3 books. Is Joe plagiarizing himself?

Joe wants  the GOP to be a small government Conservative & moderate in temperment. Joe thanked Meacham for helping him write his books.

I think I will go back & check out some clips on You Tube of Scarborough Country.

Joe said he got into a fight with Newt Gingrich.

I would love to see Joe debate Newt.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, madfortv said:

Joe is droning on about something. 

That about sums up each and every show.  With Meek-a in the background going, "um", "but..", "what...", "yeah"....and Joe verbally bull-dozing over her every attempt to join in the conversation.  And I use the word 'conversation' loosely, because, well, Joe.

• Love 6

Is it wrong to say I don't give a damn about Barbara Bush?   Or that I don't agree with Doucheboro that the Bushes always did what they thought was best for the country?

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe is mad at Trump's tweets. Joe said Trump is trying to undermine the rule of law. Joe compared Trump to a 1970's Latin American dictator.

Joe is mad at Trump for wanting to investigate McCabe. I read that a criminal referral is being prepared for McCabe.

It's hard to believe that Joe is still outraged at Trump's tweets after 3 years.

What's the alternative?  Just letting them slide?  Normalizing them?   I'll take the outrage every time.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

That about sums up each and every show.  With Meek-a in the background going, "um", "but..", "what...", "yeah"....and Joe verbally bull-dozing over her every attempt to join in the conversation.  And I use the word 'conversation' loosely, because, well, Joe.

Mika has more control when Joe is off the show. I can't think of another show with co hosts that has one host in a studio & another one in a Home based Basement Bunker. I laughed when Meacham mocked Joe for writing the same thing in 3 of his books.

Mika's perturbation at Trump's audacity for tweeting on Saturday, the Feast of Saint Barbara Bush, is laughable.   "As the whole nation mourns ..."  Lady, the only ones paying attention was the media.   Nobody mourned.   It's not like she was cut down in her prime.   She was ninety-freaking-two years old.   

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, millennium said:

Is it wrong to say I don't give a damn about Barbara Bush?   Or that I don't agree with Doucheboro that the Bushes always did what they thought was best for the country?

What's the alternative?  Just letting them slide?  Normalizing them?   I'll take the outrage every time.

Joe was close to the Bush family & married one of Jeb Bush's political aides.

Meacham wrote an autobiography of George Bush Sr.

Joe admitted that he was critical of both Bush administrations & President Obama.

The consensus of the panel is that the era of respecting all Presidential families despite political differences is over.

Trump's behavior on twitter is bad for the country.

Jon Meacham made an excellent point about his conversation with an Arkansas politician during the 2016 GOP nomination.

He said that there were small precints in Arkansas that used to have 20 voters, yet during the 2016 primary, Trump got 700 votes. It's obviously an exaggeration.

However, the point is that Trump was able to find  the "birtherism/nativism/ anti free trade/ anti immigration " voters that didn't bother voting in previous elections.

The historical parallel would be Ross Perot's campaign in 1992. He was able to get 19% of the popular vote with no prior experience. He ran against free trade & illegal immigration.

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe did debate Newt. Joe's biography for the debate is hilarious. I doubt Joe was the first GOP Congressmen elected in Florida.

https://richmondforum.org/scarborough-gingrich/

Ok, the cover of that program handout reminded me of an engagement notice.

11 hours ago, XOQueens said:

...I dunno, she has to have the secks with Joe...

Thank you for my first coffee snort of the week xoqueens . . . the secks with Joe . . . hee!

• Love 2

intellectually lazy.

19 minutes ago, millennium said:

I would ignore Trump's tweets. I am bored with Joe getting outraged every day over Trump's tweets. It's intellectually lazy.

In the pre Trump era, this show had researchers who would be able to discuss topics other than Trump's tweets.

Joe should realize that Trump's tweets were stupid even before he ran for political office.

It didn't hurt him in the primaries or the general election.

Joe should realize that his show attracts approximately 1m viewers. The total number of votes cast in the 2016 Presidential election was about 134M.

What percentage of the public doesn't know that Trump tweets nonsense.?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

However, the point is that Trump was able to find  the "birtherism/nativism/ anti free trade/ anti immigration " voters that didn't bother voting in previous elections.

Trump found resonance among the people who can't be bothered to vote for positive change, or because it's their duty as Americans, but gull darn it, if it means roundin' up and dee-porting all those (insert racial epithet of choice), then point me to the ballot box.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jjj said:

Hoo boy no kidding, he is sporting a full set of luggage under those peepers today.  Between that and the proverbial blue top that Mika seems to be inexplicably attached to not a pretty picture for a Monday morning.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, millennium said:

Mika's perturbation at Trump's audacity for tweeting on Saturday, the Feast of Saint Barbara Bush, is laughable.   "As the whole nation mourns ..."  Lady, the only ones paying attention was the media.   Nobody mourned.   It's not like she was cut down in her prime.   She was ninety-freaking-two years old.   

Did Mika & Joe even bother to show up at the funeral in Houston?

Jon Meacham said that Lee Atwater in 1988 suggested to George Sr that he should make Donald Trump his running mate. ! George Sr said that would be strange & unbelievable.

Meacham forgot to mention that George Sr ended up picking a highly respected Senator from Indiana who had issues with spelling, Dan Quayle.

Fans of Morning Joe should also recall that Smirky Bill Kristol was Quayle's Chief of Staff.

My point is that I don't see how Dan Quayle or Donald Trump should have been considered for the VP nomination in 1988.

Quayle made a fool of himself on the debate stage with Lloyd Bentsen.

I laugh at Mika & Joe for being cynical about Kim Jung's announcement to stop nuclear testing. They spent a year freaking out over Trump planning to start a war with North Korea. Now that there is a chance of a summit between Trump & Kim,  Mika is skeptical.

Mika & Joe should pick a lane and stay in it. Either Trump is wrong to threaten North Korea with "Fire & Fury" or Trump is naive to believe Kim.

Morning Joe has taught me that most of these panelists are pretty naive. They seem to have no historical knowledge & are just trying to get ratings & money by ranting Pro or Anti Trump narratives.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, millennium said:

Trump found resonance among the people who can't be bothered to vote for positive change, or because it's their duty as Americans, but gull darn it, if it means roundin' up and dee-porting all those (insert racial epithet of choice), then point me to the ballot box.

I also think he attracted the economically desperate.  The politicians let them down so they turned to a billionaire (no he's not).  Once they realize he screwed them over, I think we will be returning to real, everyday people representing us in congress (many are veterans who know sacrifice better than most) and who truly understand the daily struggles of many, many Americans.  I think Mr. Smith is coming back to Washington but it's going to take a bit of time.

• Love 2

I think Joe referred to Trump's tweets as emails around 6:07 am, Mika started to correct him but I changed channels.

It's like last week or the week before when I think it was Cohen Mika was referring to as "Newman from Seinfeld". No Mika, Newman was not Jerry's attorney, nor was he part of the gang, he was Jerry's enemy.  It's obvious you didn't watch Seinfeld and don't understand the reference.   Newman was constantly doing something to piss Jerry off, or sabotage him. Michael Cohen, as much a fumbling idiot as he is, has been trying to help Trump. 

I read a couple articles about the woman who wrote the Clinton book whose ass Joe was kissing this morning. She's considered a hack by most. 

Oh and Joe? CHILDREN ARE NOT WATCHING MORNING JOE!!!!! You're claiming small children watch this shit show? Really?  Even if it's on tv, they aren't paying attention.  Hell adults interested in politics are hate watching. Get over yourself.  Next you'll claim tweens at malls run up to you when you and Mika are going into JC Penney to buy towels. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, millennium said:

Conversely, President Obama was able to get a record 69m votes in 2008 by running on "Hope & Change" and inspiring millions of new voters.

It surprises me that the Democrats got 69M votes in 2008 but only 65M votes in 2012 & 2016.

Hillary's get out the vote initiaves ended up getting less votes in 2016 than Obama did in 2012, despite the number of total votes cast being 7M more than in 2012. Trump got 2M more votes than Romney.

1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

I also think he attracted the economically desperate.  The politicians let them down so they turned to a billionaire (no he's not).  Once they realize he screwed them over, I think we will be returning to real, everyday people representing us in congress (many are veterans who know sacrifice better than most) and who truly understand the daily struggles of many, many Americans.  I think Mr. Smith is coming back to Washington but it's going to take a bit of time.

More than a bit, I think.   These are the same idiots rhapsodizing about Roseanne just two weeks ago.  

4 minutes ago, millennium said:

The show that feeds me more reasons than I need to shut it off.

Seth Rogen.

See ya.

I am still at the 6:26 am part of the show. Seth Rogen was a co star in that  supposedly funny movie about meeting Kim Jun Yung in Korea. Is Seth Rogen brought on the show to discuss North Korea? That would be hilarious.

2 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am still at the 6:26 am part of the show. Seth Rogen was a co star in that  supposedly funny movie about meeting Kim Jun Yung in Korea. Is Seth Rogen brought on the show to discuss North Korea? That would be hilarious.

Oakville, I didn't see the beginning but it looks like maybe it was a previously aired segment as Mika had on a different top?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I think that the Democratic nomination process for 2020 will be fascinating. I attended  a lecture from Professor Gil Troy , who writes about American political eras, ( Reagans, Clintons) . In his lecture, he said that very few pundits  would have predicted Trump, or Obama, or Jimmy Carter as successful Presidential candidates 2 years before the election. He said the 2020 Democratic Presidential nominee could be someone who is not well known by the public now.

2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oakville, I didn't see the beginning but it looks like maybe it was a previously aired segment as Mika had on a different top?

What color top is Mika wearing now? She was wearing the dark blue top at 6 20 am. She wears this top regularly.

10 minutes ago, millennium said:

More than a bit, I think.   These are the same idiots rhapsodizing about Roseanne just two weeks ago.  

Roseanne is performing in Oakville on Wednesday!. I am going to see the Blue Jays play against Joe's favourite team, the Red Sox.

• Love 2

Did Morning Joe interrupt programming for the announcement of the birth of Kate & William's baby? Mika & Joe did a series of live shows from London when Kate & Wiliam got married. Katty Kay was the Royal Wedding analyst. Good Times.

Mika likes babies & used to bring random babies on the set during Morning Joe's glory days.

I think one of the reasons we (well, mainly me) are so exhausted by this show is that we are exhausted by everything.  Everything that greets us every single time we turn on the tv news.  It all blends and sounds the same at some point.  All the cable shows sound the same...same criticisms of Trump and his minions.  Joe and Meek-a are riding the Trump Train for all it's worth and it is starting to "exhaust" (again) and bore us.  Same guests, same rants, same inability of the hosts to appear together at a desk.  We can predict the words of every rant, we can predict the scrunched-face-outrage by Mika.  We can predict where the guests (and host) will be electronically brought in from.  I, for one, only watch bits of it so I can come here and read everyone's comments.  Which are far more interesting and funny than the actual show.

Lately I have been switching to CBS This Morning to catch what else might be happening in the country and world.  The hosts are comfortable with one another and seem to get along... no drama.  This morning Gayle King stated that the name for the new royal baby could be Shaniqua.  Laugh out loud.  And then there is the easy-on-the-eyes Chris Cuomo who has an equal partner in Camerota.  Like Joe, Chris seems to be an alpha-male; but face it, he is way better looking.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I think one of the reasons we (well, mainly me) are so exhausted by this show is that we are exhausted by everything.  Everything that greets us every single time we turn on the tv news.  It all blends and sounds the same at some point.  All the cable shows sound the same...same criticisms of Trump and his minions.  Joe and Meek-a are riding the Trump Train for all it's worth and it is starting to "exhaust" (again) and bore us.  Same guests, same rants, same inability of the hosts to appear together at a desk.  We can predict the words of every rant, we can predict the scrunched-face-outrage by Mika.  We can predict where the guests (and host) will be electronically brought in from.  I, for one, only watch bits of it so I can come here and read everyone's comments.  Which are far more interesting and funny than the actual show.

Lately I have been switching to CBS This Morning to catch what else might be happening in the country and world.  The hosts are comfortable with one another and seem to get along... no drama.  This morning Gayle King stated that the name for the new royal baby could be Shaniqua.  Laugh out loud.  And then there is the easy-on-the-eyes Chris Cuomo who has an equal partner in Camerota.  Like Joe, Chris seems to be an alpha-male; but face it, he is way better looking.  

I think you put your finger on it.

It was last week that I decided to sleep an hour later rather than get up to watch.   I don't feel like I have missed anything.   It's a little like The Young and the Restless that way.   You can miss days, weeks, months ... but you know when you come back Victor will be in jail/hospital/or court and Nikki will be hitting the sauce.

• Love 8

I agree re: the exhaustion.  I try to watch some of the MSNBC prime time shows but unless Chris Hayes gets Carter Page or Felix Sater types, who are hilarious in their blatantly false denials of involvement with Trump, I'm out.  

Same shit, different day. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Thanks for this Kemper, I'm going to have to tune into CBS tomorrow morning.  And not only is Chris better looking, he is also better prepared, a better interviewer and doesn't look like he just rolled into the studio (you know, a real studio) 30 seconds before air time.  Both Joe and Mika's utter lack of appreciation of having their own show has become suffocating.  I like John Heilemann and Sam Stein but I like them better when they are on with Nicolle so I just wait for the mid-afternoon shows to tune into MSNBC now.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I agree re: the exhaustion.  I try to watch some of the MSNBC prime time shows but unless Chris Hayes gets Carter Page or Felix Sater types, who are hilarious in their blatantly false denials of involvement with Trump, I'm out.  

Same shit, different day. 

Thing is, this is what Trump and his cronies want.   They want to wear us down.   They want to exhaust us so we tune out, leaving them to free to fuck with everything and no one to say otherwise.   As a citizen, staying informed is hard work.  Me, I try to find a venue that is at least a little entertaining as well as informative.  But most people can't be bothered do their national homework.   They're the ones Trump exploited.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, millennium said:

Thing is, this is what Trump and his cronies want.   They want to wear us down.   They want to exhaust us so we tune out, leaving them to free to fuck with everything and no one to say otherwise.   As a citizen, staying informed is hard work.  Me, I try to find a venue that is at least a little entertaining as well as informative.  But most people can't be bothered do their national homework.   They're the ones Trump exploited.

There are other venues to stay informed of the policy changes this Administration is undertaking.  Morning Joe is the last place I'd go for information, unless I want to see how not to apply eye liner and bronzer.

Bill Maher called out the media for paying attention to the craziness and not the underlying issues.  They are SO focused on the Mueller investigation, day in and day out, that the insanity goes unreported.  It gets mentioned briefly but then it's BREAKING NEWS : DONALD TRUMP SLEPT WITH WOMEN OTHER THAN HIS WIVES. or YET ANOTHER TRUMP CAMPAIGN MEMBER QUESTIONED. 

Why is it Sam Bee is the only show covering the ongoing crisis in Puerto Rico? Why isn't the media screaming to the heavens about this? Or Flint Michigan STILL not having clean water? 

Because Donald Trump's 9 millionth trip to a golf club are SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT?   And of course Joe & Mika are on the cutting edge of this banality. Instead of having discussions on topics of relevance they're too busy stoking their ongoing feud with Trump.  Or torturing small animals and giving unwanted advice to women. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, millennium said:

It's a little like The Young and the Restless that way.   You can miss days, weeks, months ... but you know when you come back Victor will be in jail/hospital/or court and Nikki will be hitting the sauce.

Joe and Mika aren't all that young, but they (especially Mika) do seem restless.

I was listening to MJ while on a trip last week. (Heh. Listening to MJ is kind of a trip.) Anyway, at one point, one of the panelists (or it might have been Joe) used the word "grandiosity," and Mika replied "grandiose." I'm not sure why it struck me as funny, but it did. It was as though she was parroting the words for no apparent reason.

A funny bit from last Friday. Nicolle Wallace (who, I agree, has a great show in the afternoon) was hosting MJ but Heilman hosted her show in the afternoon. He started by happily proclaiming that today (4/20) was his favorite holiday. I think he mentioned it several times. Oh, how times have changed. Can you imagine Walter Cronkite referring to high times?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

There are other venues to stay informed of the policy changes this Administration are undertaking.  Morning Joe is the last place I'd go for information, unless I want to see how not to apply eye liner and bronzer.

Bill Maher called out the media for paying attention to the craziness and not the underlying issues.  They are SO focused on the Mueller investigation, day in and day out, that the insanity goes unreported.  It gets mentioned briefly but then it's BREAKING NEWS : DONALD TRUMP SLEPT WITH WOMEN OTHER THAN HIS WIVES. 

Why is it Sam Bee is the only show covering the ongoing crisis in Puerto Rico? Why isn't the media screaming to the heavens about this? Or Flint Michigan STILL not having clean water? 

Because Donald Trump's 9 millionth trip to a golf club are SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT?   And of course Joe & Mika are on the cutting edge of this banality. Instead of having discussions on topics of relevance they're too busy stoking their ongoing feud with Trump.  Or torturing small animals and giving unwanted advice to women/ 

Morning Joe is the place I go after I have read the news in more legitimate venues.   I go there for reaction to the news, not the news itself.   In fact, I don't understand how anyone could make sense of MJ without first having gotten the news elsewhere.

• Love 2

Why should Joe and panel be surprised and disgusted that man baby acted like the only one not invited to his classmates party? And why should he stop tweeting vile garbage for any reason?

Why wasn't the fact that Romney now has to face a primary not mentioned? Who cares if he's not ready to support trump for 2020?

And what about Michael Bloomberg paying the USA's share of the Paris Accord dues?

Note to Joe. Stop talking about your books, your former career and yourself.

• Love 8

The Circus on Showtime features Heileman (and Halperin before he got into trouble).

This week, it shows Heileman on the way to do MJ

They also film a segment backstage with Joe and Mika about what all these cases mean for Trump.  They don't say anything earth-shattering but they're not as melodramatic as on their own show.

I guess they're suppose to be sober old sages?

1 hour ago, millennium said:

Thing is, this is what Trump and his cronies want.   They want to wear us down.   They want to exhaust us so we tune out, leaving them to free to fuck with everything and no one to say otherwise.   As a citizen, staying informed is hard work.  Me, I try to find a venue that is at least a little entertaining as well as informative.  But most people can't be bothered do their national homework.   They're the ones Trump exploited

Seconded. Add to this the increasingly virulent paranoia about "fake news" and it's far too easy for people (at least ones I know who voted 45 in 2016) to disbelieve anything they don't agree with or threatens to question their assumptions. M.J. isn't hard core news, but it can be a kind of fun gossipy D.C. Mean Girls table (or those who want their seat back even though they dared wear a vest or sweatpants on Monday).  I catch it now and again just to be sure normalizing the current admin's "agenda" isn't happening on a regular basis. Kind of my bellwether. If the gossipy D.C. crowd goes all in, the beltway dam is done broke.

Meanwhile, I see Confessore and Peters are wearing matching polka dot ties. Cute. Confessore looks hella tired, which must be because he's used to rising at 9am or so (why, yes, I hate myself for knowing this). Is it me or was Peters doing a full-on shoulder shimmy the whole time he talked?  Also, did he get fresh veneers or something? He's bordering on Giada de Laurentis Jack-o-Lantern territory.

Joe...oh lord...never go without your glasses and at least one night's sleep before appearing on camera. It freaks me out when I can't even tell the color of someone's eyes under all the puffy face. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Very well said , Kemper !.

I would to know what is going on "behind the scenes"

Why is Joe spending so much time in the Bunker?

Is he too lazy to take car service into Manhattan?

Did Mika & Joe sell the condo they used to own or rent  in Manhattan?

Is Joe packing boxes for his big move?

Is Joe taking care of his mom who has dementia ?

Is Mika taking time off the show to take of her mom? the chickens?

Why can't the show book any big guests?

Did the booker quit? Mika used to book guests for the show in 2007 & 2008?.

This is the perfect show for James Comey to come on & sell his book?

Does Joe's treatment of previous guests mean that they are reluctant to come on the show. ?

Are Mika & Joe in contract talks with mSNBC? If so are tey trying to prove that the show does better in ratings when they are in studio vs in a bunker vs replacement guests?

• Love 2

I always wanted to

2 hours ago, millennium said:

I think you put your finger on it.

It was last week that I decided to sleep an hour later rather than get up to watch.   I don't feel like I have missed anything.   It's a little like The Young and the Restless that way.   You can miss days, weeks, months ... but you know when you come back Victor will be in jail/hospital/or court and Nikki will be hitting the sauce.

I used to watch Another World with my mom when I came home from school. My mom kept me posted on the scandals with Cory publishing. It took weeks for plots to develop.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

All I know is, Joe's eyes are getting beadier.  I don't even know how he can see out of them anymore.

Yesterday, I came across a photo on instagram of someone who ran into Joe and Mika this weekend. It looked like they were out jogging. The slits in Joe's eyes were so narrow, I was literally thinking this. If I can find a way to link to the photo here, I will try to do it this evening.

• Love 5