Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I’ve thought something was going on between them ever since Joe posted all the pics of her as a kid and Mika posted about missing being able to talk to her dad about problems and love. And then when they had another engagement party and neither posted a pic or mentioned it, in my head that  huge issues fanfic became canon. ?‍♀️? Mika’s posted warmer Instagram messages about her chickens than she did Joe’s birthday. 

This and when on his birthday she blew that noise maker directly into the side of Joe's face right before they cut to the next show.  Ooof.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, suomi said:

Holy shit, Joe is one of the talking heads on All In With Chris Hayes this evening. As is Kasie ! (sans lightning bolt). Looks like the same jacket but with pale pink shirt and purple tie. Seven minutes in, Chris has twice thanked Joe for staying up past his bedtime.

Dammit.  The day I observe they are never on other shows, he freaking goes on another show!!
Ok, universe:  Woe is me.  I never win the lottery.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Only thing I can imagine is Joe was a member of the House and a Republican and knew Ryan so he could give some insight. Or maybe another guest dropped out and they got Joe at the last minute. 

Or maybe MJ ratings are starting to crater so they are showing other viewers what they are missing.  If playing "Bunker Hunt with Joe" isn't worth getting up early for I don't know what is.

• Love 5

I'm able to hate-watch a show for a loooong time

HEE!  Good one!

eta:  Thank you for explaining my behavior to myself, I feel so much better I am not alone.

Yes and I can go years watching a show purely to snark about it here. If Previously ever shuts down, you know MJ's demographic's going to go down.....by the 15 of us here!!!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Is it me or does Joe look different. I swear he had work done around his eyes or something.  He looks off. And he looks pissed off every morning.   I did notice Mika cut him off this morning at one point, I think it was during the 6:00 block rerunning at 8:00. 

His midlife crisis has reached the point in the plot where he tries living life without his glasses. 

He probably is pissed off every morning. His music thing is sunk. His rating are sinking. His spray tan washed off. His hair is flattening. 

Lol remember that time he got weird because Mika was wearing Willie's puffy Olympic jacket on air? I think Joe gets pissy easily.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Lol remember that time he got weird because Mika was wearing Willie's puffy Olympic jacket on air? I think Joe gets pissy easily.

That's rich as he was probably DM'ing that pretty blonde at the same time . . . geez.

• Love 3

#1 For Paul Ryan will be his securing his lobbyist job.

I don't think he stay till next January. Actually I don't think the evil republicans in Congress will let him. It'll be more, here's the door don't let it hit you on the way out.

• Love 2

After Joe's prolonged rant about Trump having "Daddy's billions," I think he asked the first question of Leon Panetta, and then was he ever on the show again?  Joe used the word "Daddy" about 20 times.  Trump doesn't watch MJ, Joe.  He watches Fox. 
What did Hannity do?  I guess I missed that.

20 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Yes and I can go years watching a show purely to snark about it here.

Looking at you, Homeland.  

10 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

All I know is he went off on Mueller. 

27 MINUTES AGO, LANDSNARK SAID:

All I know is he went off on Muelle

Last night he aired a video called something like the Clinton and Mueller Crime Family.  And Trump tweeted promoting it.  I think Hannity's super- low hairline is interfering with his brain function.

#1 For Paul Ryan will be his securing his lobbyist job.

I don't think he stay till next January. Actually I don't think the evil republicans in Congress will let him. It'll be more, here's the door don't let it hit you on the way out.

I hope he takes that Ayn Rand shit he promotes and (not fatally) chokes on it. He's going to a cush private sector job for one of the companies he put over the private taxpayor with his Bill.  They can dismiss him from being Speaker but he is still in Congress form WI until Jan 2019 right??

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

hope he takes that Ayn Rand shit he promotes and (not fatally) chokes on it.

Hee. I was going to say yesterday I hope a copy of Atlas Shrugged falls on him and knocks him unconscious and he wakes up as an actual human being with feelings for the less fortunate, like that Harrison Ford movie. 

7 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

They can dismiss him from being Speaker but he is still in Congress form WI until Jan 2019 right??

He's quitting because he knows Randy Bryce would have kicked his ass six ways to Sunday.  He's not fooling anyone with this "be with my family" bullshit.  Maybe he can get a job fake washing dishes at a homeless shelter. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

He's quitting because he knows Randy Bryce would have kicked his ass six ways to Sunday.  He's not fooling anyone with this "be with my family" bullshit.  Maybe he can get a job fake washing dishes at a homeless shelter. 

I have theories about everything, including Paul Ryan's "retirement". Lol. I don't think he's done in politics is all I'll say, so I don't take the conversation away from Morning Joe scope. Too many poor people to still screw over.

Mika was just on Facebook Live from the chicken coop. Another +1 point to my love birds theory bucket. So it does indeed look like when Joe is Live From the Bunker they are living in two different states.

It's only 11.00. Does she not stay at 30 Rock to prep for the next day's show? Or do work-related anything? Explains a lot, really...

Edited by XOQueens
Paul Ryan is trash.
  • Love 4

I really don't understand Paul Ryan's anti social security hate. Didn't he benefit from SS because his father died when he was young? Course there is that successful family business too.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Puss? That's it? I figured it was something way worse.  Didn't Joe say fuck once on air?  I thought he got in trouble for something like that. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Mika was just on Facebook Live from the chicken coop.

How is it even possible that Mika got from midtown at 9am to suburban Connecticut at 11am?  How does she have a job?  I bet the other serious professionals at MSNBC who bust their asses all day every day resent the hell out of her.  Mika thinks she's "made it," eh?  She can relax now that she's gotten to the top of the heap?  I can't roll my eyes enough.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

How is it even possible that Mika got from midtown at 9am to suburban Connecticut at 11am?  How does she have a job?  I bet the other serious professionals at MSNBC who bust their asses all day every day resent the hell out of her.  Mika thinks she's "made it," eh?  She can relax now that she's gotten to the top of the heap?  I can't roll my eyes enough.

She lives in suburban NY, so not quite out to suburban CT levels of commute (still weird she’s not prepping with the MJ folks for tomorrow, but ya know, #YOLO...or whatever the reason for her chickens.). 

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

I think Hannity's super- low hairline is interfering with his brain function.

He looks like a Neanderthal.  Thinks like one, too.  No offense to real Neanderthals anywhere.  

Joe is looking worse by the day.  Is he sick or something?  And the two of them hardly ever being in the same location at the same time is.....odd.

I agree that Mika did much better on her own with the show today, but she's always more assertive and professional when M'Lord is off running the hounds, or whatever it is that he does when he's gone.  Man, he must reeeallly intimidate her.   She was feeling so feisty today that I thought she was becoming a bit combative with Kaisie, for no reason whatsoever.  She sure is feeling her oats when she's in charge; probably because that happens so seldom.    #doesnotknowhervalue

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

M'Lord is off running the hounds,

Or DM ing hot blondes in the middle of the night. 

Wait a minute, isn't that how he got started with Mika?  Get hot  watching her do overnight news while sleeping next to Susan. 

Ol' Mika is gonna get a heaping lesson of date a cheater, you end up with a cheater. 

Maybe she and Khloe K can commiserate on their poor choices in men

• Love 2

Yeah I dunno how I feel about this. I don’t doubt Joe could and would cheat, but cultivating out of state groupies through playlist creation doesn’t sound like the way to go about it. There’s also no doubt in my mind Mika has all his passwords. Lol

I bet Michael Avenatti would be happy to rep Mika in the divorce. Omg! We could have a DVD/CD of Joe’s e-indiscretions. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Yowza, that clip is golden on so many levels!

1)  Squinty dropped the F-bomb right on air and never even realized it.  That makes me think that the word must roll of his tongue rather easily.  Potty-mouth.

2)  Mika did call him "Honey",  after about 200 'ums', trying to break into the conversation.

3)  At the end, trying to get his attention, she says, "Come to mommy".  Eeeeew!  TMI.  And yes, I'm crouching here in the gutter. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I’ve thought something was going on between them ever since Joe posted all the pics of her as a kid and Mika posted about missing being able to talk to her dad about problems and love. And then when they had another engagement party and neither posted a pic or mentioned it, in my head that  huge issues fanfic became canon. ?‍♀️? Mika’s posted warmer Instagram messages about her chickens than she did Joe’s birthday. 

Wow! I never thought of that. If Mika & Jo broke up, it would be the end of the show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

He looks like a Neanderthal.  Thinks like one, too.  No offense to real Neanderthals anywhere.  

Joe is looking worse by the day.  Is he sick or something?  And the two of them hardly ever being in the same location at the same time is.....odd.

I agree that Mika did much better on her own with the show today, but she's always more assertive and professional when M'Lord is off running the hounds, or whatever it is that he does when he's gone.  Man, he must reeeallly intimidate her.   She was feeling so feisty today that I thought she was becoming a bit combative with Kaisie, for no reason whatsoever.  She sure is feeling her oats when she's in charge; probably because that happens so seldom.    #doesnotknowhervalue

I just got home & was shocked to see that part of Morning Joe was taped on my DVR. I guess the channel came back after I left for work.

Kasie! should demand that they stop playing the lightning bolt. Kasie! closed her eyes like she was getting punched. This is so unprofessional.

Heidi! looked awesome today. It's too bad they don't let her talk much. Joe looked like he was blotchy today.

I liked the interview with Leon  Panetta. Why was that GOP Congressmen Jim Jordan wearing a suit. I thought he refuses to wear sport jackets for some reason?

I like Walter Issacson. He should replace Barnicle.

What's up with Mika & Joe being disappointed with poor Paul Ryan ?. His policy prescriptions for entitlement reform will hurt poor people. He is way over rated .

I look forward to the day Trump leaves office because it is really becoming annoying.  These cable news shows should focus on other issues.

I don't even live in the USA but his whacky comments about Syria are showing up on our local tv newscasts.

Everyone here is sad about the kids hockey team getting killed in Saskatchewan. Almost all my neighbours put hockey sticks on the front porches as a sign of respect for the players. It's a Canadian thing to do .

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, oakville said:

Wow! I never thought of that. If Mika & Jo broke up, it would be the end of the show.

Oy, think of the custody battle.  Kind of like the cable news version of Survivor.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

Oy, think of the custody battle.  Kind of like the cable news version of Survivor.

Ha!. Joe made his last wife sign a statement that he was a "faithful husband" LOL! Who does that?

Those screenshots of Joe sending DM messages to the blonde hair lady should be sent to Mika. Mika will not tolerate Joe being unfaithful to her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

How is it even possible that Mika got from midtown at 9am to suburban Connecticut at 11:00 am

9:00 am. MJ set... and cut to Stephanie Ruhle

9:01am Mika tips off mic, throws it on table spilling the coconut water , grabs phone shouts “This bitch is Out!”

9:04 am impatiently waiting for elevator, group texting her brother, mother and Ariana Huffington “did u c show today? I did sooo great! Dontcha think?”

9:10 applies lip gloss as exiting elevator, gotta keep it tight for her public 

9:15am. Jumps in waiting car service at curb in front of 30 Rock

9:22stuck in traffic 5th and 50th. Shouts at driver to cut over to the West Side highway “it has to be better”

9:35  tries to call chickens on their cell  ...goes to vm

9:47stuck in traffic 11th and 70th. “Cut back to the FDR! I’ve always hated the West Side”

10:20 ducking down in car as they pass thru Bronx. These people don’t even know who she is! They could be dangerous!

10:30. Texts Joe to bring home some organic vodka. “It’s been a helluva day!”

10:35 calls Ivanka Trump to talk clothes and foreign policy... rolls to vm

10:36realizes they are on 95 in Yonkers. Screams at driver to go to McDonald’s drive thru for coffee “ASAP”

10:49 ahhh sweet Westchester County! Pops a Xanax  

10:57 pulls in driveway  decides it’s a 2 Xanax day  

10:58 calls willie Geist to ask if he thinks she looked good today....goes to vm

11:00 hits up FB and starts talking to chickens LIVE

Edited by novhappy
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, novhappy said:

9:01am Mika tips off mic, throws it on table w coconut water , grabs phone shouts “This bitch is Out!”

9:04 am impatiently waiting for elevator, texting her brother, mother and Ariana Huffington “did u c show today? I did sooo great! Dontcha think?”

9:22stuck in traffic 5th and 50th. Shouts at driver to cut over to the West Side highway “it has to be better”

9:47stuck in traffic 11th and 70th. “Cut back to the FDR! I’ve always hated the West Side”

10:20 ducking down in car as they pass thru Bronx. These people don’t even know who she is! They could be dangerous!

10:36realizes they are on 95 in Yonkers. Screams at driver to go to McDonald’s drive thru for coffee “ASAP”

10:58 calls willie Geist to ask if he thinks she looked good today....goes to vm

This is the funniest thing I have read today! Kudos to you !

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, oakville said:

I look forward to the day Trump leaves office because it is really becoming annoying.  These cable news shows should focus on other issues.

The bad news is, if and when he leaves office (because some of us believe he'll refuse to go), he will still be a looming presence.   You don't think MSNBC or  Morning Joe, CNN or Fox will let go their cash cow so easily do you?  Every piece of government-related news will be accompanied by his commentary/tweets for years to come, and the media will continue to lap them up.  

The Saskatchewan tragedy was awful.   All those kids.   Made me think of The Sweet Hereafter.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, novhappy said:

9:01am Mika tips off mic, throws it on table spilling the coconut water , grabs phone shouts “This bitch is Out!”

9:04 am impatiently waiting for elevator, group texting her brother, mother and Ariana Huffington “did u c show today? I did sooo great! Dontcha think?”

? This is a thing of beauty.

I would pay to see Mika driving through the Bronx.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

This and when on his birthday she blew that noise maker directly into the side of Joe's face right before they cut to the next show.  Ooof.

That is a couple on the verge of breaking up. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

She was never better than that week she had the show to herself in DC. She was #KYVing, she looked the best she's looked in like a year, her clothes fit and she had a recent manicure, the guests all got to speak, she kept everything going smoothly and said mostly intelligent things. 

• Love 4

Guys, I really don't think they are on the verge of breaking up.  Mika comes into the studio when they are both out in CT; Joe just frequently stays in the bunker (maybe to spend more time with his kids?).  I think they've gotten some pretty nasty responses on Instagram, FB, and Twitter, and now they curate what they say more than they did before (maybe in connection with the NRA thing).  They are the real deal, I think, as much as some of you may wish it were otherwise!  If they've been together as long as some speculate, then they probably made absolute certain that it was going to work before going public, knowing the speculation it would spark when they finally did go public.  Read that NY Magazine article and the comments that the author made again -- what they have is pretty rare.  And for those of us who have seen them in person, it's also pretty obvious.    

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Mmtx2002 said:

... If they've been together as long as some speculate, then they probably made absolute certain that it was going to work before going public, knowing the speculation it would spark when they finally did go public ...    

That sounds good but they didn't choose when to go public, Trump out-ed their relationship during a snit and threw in "long time neurotic girlfriend" for good measure. (And Mika, seeming cheerful about it, admitted on the show one morning to being a long-time neurotic.) It seems obvious that they themselves were not at a confident "We are ready for our close-up" place. That very important decision was made for them, and forced their hand. Most of what followed was played out on-air, on the show. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 5

I dunno. I'm a little skeptical of a pretty rare forever true love given the way we've seen Joe act toward her on air. When Joan Walsh sticks up for Mika and comments on threads about emotional abuse it's, well, not the best situation. I'm happy to be proven wrong. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, novhappy said:

9:00 am. MJ set... and cut to Stephanie Ruhle...

novhappy that was hilarious. 
Although I would bet she ignored a few calls and texts from her daughters during the trip.  "I can't even."

2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

she kept everything going smoothly and said mostly intelligent things.

This also made me laugh out loud

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 5

Mika mentioned the full title of Madeline Albright's book at least 4 different times this morning.

Was it on MJ or Stephanie's show where they interviewed the Trump Voters In The Street?  The old white guy said, "I think it's all a witch hunt.  All politics is a witch hunt.  Hillary.  Trump.  All of it.  They're all [something or other]"  Ok.  What?  O_o
And then the old white lady said something less pithy but equally stupid about fake news and all journalism being a plot to keep Trump busy with bad news. 
Seriously, how do they find these people?  Who gives 1 fuck what an ancient weirdo on the sidewalk in Nowhere, Iowa at 10:20am on a weekday thinks about anything?

• Love 3

I didn't see the Paul Ryan segment. Anyone mind to fill me in on how they took his "spend more time with his family" line since that was the same line Joe used when he left Congress? 

Did you know Joe was in Congress? Florida. He was groundbreaking in his need to control the bodies of women. Probably the best A+ rating the NRA ever gave. A true conservative, that one.

ETA: Mika's crush is on Nicolle Wallace's show right now. I wonder if he is banned from Morning Joe or if he refuses to go back because of Joe. I sorta need to know which one it is. Lol

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4

I made a joke earlier about Arkham Asylum but the clips from Hannity shown on Morning Joe this morning were deeply disturbing.   I have yet to see a reasonable explanation for why so many people are willing to throw their lifetime reputations away for Donald Trump.   Take Joe Digenova.  It was widely reported that he and his wife Victoria Toensing, who had been announced as the latest additions to Trump's legal team, were subsequently dismissed by Trump because he didn't like the way they looked.   

How humiliating.   Yet in the clip shown on today's Morning Joe, there's Digenova on Hannity, whoring for Trump still, exhorting Trump talking points until there's cartoon steam shooting out of his ears.

Why?  

What is it about Donald Trump that causes everyone from Paul Ryan to the stupid old people in the street to forsake all dignity? 

I. Don't. Get. It.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Mika mentioned the full title of Madeline Albright's book at least 4 different times this morning.

Fascism: A Warning. Which is an  overview of fascism past and present with particular emphasis on "The most undemocratic president in US history." Mika kept referencing the title, even after Albright's segment.