Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe said President Ford dressed badly during the disco era.

WTH???  I must have been rinsing my hair when that gem was on.

Today at 7:15 AM Brother Joseph leads a Bible study in the NBC studios.  The collection plate was not passed. Why are you bothering, because like 95% of Evangelicals voted for him and 70% or 80% of Republicans still think President P____ Grabber is fine. And it says so in 2 Corinthians. (the only Corinthian Trump knows is fine Corinthian leather in luxury cars)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3

I am convinced that the team that books guests for the show is on vacation or quit

why can't the show find anyone to discuss terrorism in Spain. ? Catalan is an area that has some residents that want to secede from Spain. 

I am surprised that Katty wasn't invited back today to say that terrorism is a daily part of life in European cities. Katty is always around on these topics.

Spending an hjour on Bannons bathtub is a waste of time.

I left for work, but did they find a poll that shows that Trump is unpopular to discuss?

I am surprised they didn't open the show with clips from Joe's performances at the bar last night

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

WTH???  I must have been rinsing my hair when that gem was on.

Today at 7:15 AM Brother Joseph leads a Bible study in the NBC studios.  The collection plate was not passed. Why are you bothering, because like 95% of Evangelicals voted for him and 70% or 80% of Republicans still think President P____ Grabber is fine. And it says so in 2 Corinthians. (the only Corinthian Trump knows is fine Corinthian leather in luxury cars)

Mika started moaning about this being the worst period in American history. Joe interrupted to mention, The Depression, Influenza crisis, US Civil War & Greald Ford's wardrobe during the Disco era. It was amusing.

The screenshot of Kasie looking at the camera is hilarious. 

• Love 2

Oakville you're right. There's something wrong with the booker's for this show. For news CNN is a must for me Chris Cuomo and Alysen Camerotta always have on rral experts. Like Peter Bergen this morning.

MJ could have had Malcolm Nance on. Or did I miss something?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika said it's not worth being nominated to be Fed Chair by Trump.

This is rich coming from the co-conspirator in trying to get Joe on the ticket with Trump . . . phhhhffffffttttt.

I missed the whole show today so I appreciate everyone's updates and comments.  Did they really talk about the acid in the bathtub?  There is a vicious article published a day or so ago about a house Bannon lived in . . . . talk about yikes! 

21 minutes ago, stormy said:

Oakville you're right. There's something wrong with the booker's for this show. For news CNN is a must for me Chris Cuomo and Alysen Camerotta always have on rral experts. Like Peter Bergen this morning.

MJ could have had Malcolm Nance on. Or did I miss something?

Stormy I agree with you about New Day.  I think both Chris and Alyson do a very good job when interviewing whomever is on and they regularly have informative guests as opposed to what is becoming a Friend of the Show line up for Morning Joe.

• Love 2

As usual, Mika & Joe didn't have a researcher check into the acid tub bath. He rented the house in the Miami area for his third ex wife. She was dating an alleged drug dealer who was cooking meth in the tub.

Bannon also had voter registrations in Sarasota & New York City during the last election.

It would be nice if The show gave viewers an estimate of what percentage of the show will be devoted to Trump's stupid comments.

I wanted to know more about Barcelona. I would love to visit there one day.

• Love 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought of Morning Joe as a "talk" show as opposed to a "news" show, so they talk about Trump and anything else that crosses their minds.  I don't expect to hear any actual news on MSNBC, like the Barcelona situation, until after MJ.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought of Morning Joe as a "talk" show as opposed to a "news" show, so they talk about Trump and anything else that crosses their minds.  I don't expect to hear any actual news on MSNBC, like the Barcelona situation, until after MJ.  

The show was designed to have extended discussions on news events. Terrorism in Spain should have had several guests discussing what happened, foreign policy implications. 

Gossiping about Bannons bathtub for 1 hour shows how out of touch they are.

The lack of focus might also be due to be tired from last nights rock star Joe performance & that they were on holidays before Wednesday.

The show has been able to cover terrorist attacks in the past.

As a long time watcher, my fear is that their personal feud with Trump is taking over the entire show. 

Does anyone remember when Rob Reiner from All in the Family came on in 2016 to call Trump a racist. Joe nearly threw him off the set. Mika nearly fainted.

• Love 4

LOL Rob Reiner is a regular on The Stephanie Miller Show. While I don't care about his (or anyone of that ilk) political opinions, I'd rather listen to him than Harold Ford or Barnicle.

• Love 2

I just cruised over to his Twitter feed to see what he had to say about Bannon and I was surprised that his last post (an hour ago) was a re-tweet of someone promoting his single.  For me, this explains why this show can be hard to watch as I am looking for discussion and analysis on what is in the news, not his latest pet project.  I honestly don't think either of them has their eye on the ball anymore or maybe they don't realize they are not the ball so to speak.

eta:  I just went to check back and I was wrong about the re-tweet as it wasn't a re-tweet it was him going back and referencing a previous tweet highlighting his single and of course how he is right.  Sigh.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

LOL Rob Reiner is a regular on The Stephanie Miller Show. While I don't care about his (or anyone of that ilk) political opinions, I'd rather listen to him than Harold Ford or Barnicle.

Stormy, I just wanted to say I was pleasantly stunned when I saw Harold Ford Jr. on Nicolle's show and he was a great guest and had lots of heartfelt input (please note it could have been he had a couple of Red Bulls).  I sometimes wonder if Joe has cowed their regulars into putting their true opinions out there and then retreating as they no longer had the will to duke it out with Joe anymore and what the opinion du jour may be.  Seriously, I am waiting for the camera shot when you see Barnicle slumped over in his chair with his mouth hanging open sleeping away during the show until it's his turn to ruminate how terrible things are.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe should be happy that Bannon is leaving the White House. However, he could still have influence on White House policies through Breitbart.

To be honest, I did not necessarily welcome this news as I fear it may unleash something we haven't experienced.  There is a ton of money behind him, I do worry how this will play out.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, oakville said:

The show was designed to have extended discussions on news events. Terrorism in Spain should have had several guests discussing what happened, foreign policy implications. 

Then we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point because I have always regarded Morning Joe as just a morning talk show.  As I said before, if I want actual "news" I wait until 9 a.m. for the next show to be on.  I think it's Stephanie Ruhle or whoever.  

I'm not going to get into what "should" be on the show because I'm not the producer and if it gets to the point that I don't like what's on the show, I'll just stop watching.  I suggest that you might want to do the same at some point. :)

Edited by Ohwell
typo
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Then we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point because I have always regarded Morning Joe as just a morning talk show.  As I said before, if I want actual "news" I wait until 9 a.m. for the next show to be on.  I think it's Stephanie Ruhle or whoever.  

I'm not going to get into what "should" be on the show because I'm not the producer and if it gets to the point that I don't like what's on the show, I'll just stop watching.  I suggest that you might want to do the same at some point. :)

The morning talk show used to focus on the discussion of key issues  of the day. I wish I could still access my old recaps from TWOP.

I doubt that the show was as Gossipy Palace Intrigue back in 2009 -2012.

There was a good interview at the end of the show concerning journalists getting killed in the Phillipines. The President of the Phillipines is killing drug dealers & some journalists.

If the CBS morning show started at 6 am, I might watch that one. I don't like the entertainment stories

• Love 1
8 hours ago, cased said:

Mika is definitely Joe's #1 groupie.

Also, apparently it was Mika who convinced Joe to start performing and recording his music:

http://www.thewrap.com/morning-joe-says-he-would-trade-tv-career-to-go-back-and-focus-on-music-exclusive/

"The Cutting Room was filled with “Morning Joe” fans and people from the media industry, including NBC News’ Kasie Hunt and a crew from “CBS Sunday Morning” that is going to feature Joe and Mika in an upcoming segment."

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:00 PM, Ohwell said:

Well, dang. MJ is worth its weight in snark and that right there is reason enough to keep watching.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, suomi said:

"The Cutting Room was filled with “Morning Joe” fans and people from the media industry, including NBC News’ Kasie Hunt and a crew from “CBS Sunday Morning” that is going to feature Joe and Mika in an upcoming segment."

Methinks someone has hired themselves a good publicist as these publications just can't seem to stay away from them lately . . . :)

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

Because you wanted to hear Joe play and watch Mika dance, or because Kasie! was there?  :)

I suspect Mika might have a dancing style similar to Elaine on Seinfeld. I have a tv crush on Kasie! My wife accepts this. :)

• Love 4
12 hours ago, suomi said:

Well, dang. MJ is worth its weight in snark and that right there is reason enough to keep watching.

The snark will keep me posting recaps till the show stops airing.

11 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm at a table for one, but I really enjoy Joe.  It's Mika that ruins the show for me.  Joe is quite witty, I think.  ?

Joe's mention of President Ford's wardrobe during his presidency & the disco era as a national tragedy comparing it to the Depression & Influenza was hilarious.Mika was mad at him after he derailed her moaning & groaning over the Trump Presidency.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I suspect Mika might have a dancing style similar to Elaine on Seinfeld. I have a tv crush on Kasie! My wife accepts this. :)

Oakville, genius that is exactly how I picture Mika dancing around as she is just so comfortable around pop culture . . . :)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm at a table for one, but I really enjoy Joe.  It's Mika that ruins the show for me.  Joe is quite witty, I think.  ?

I do prefer Joe over Mika, simply because I think she's utterly useless sitting there at that table.  My only issue with Joe is the constant interrupting of panelists and guests.  But then, he's not the only host guilty of that.

• Love 5

Butterqueen, there have been some truly great discussions on this show that Joe has done an outstanding job but it just seems to me lately that their personal profiles are way out in front of the current news.  I have been more than impressed with many segments on MJ but lately I have been equally disappointed.  Again, I guess for me since the Kitty Galore cat has been left out of the bag I guess maybe I temper what I am watching in terms of what may be bubbling under the surface of their personal life if that makes sense?

(and I apologize for the double post, not quite sure how that happened).

• Love 2

For me, Mika's one moment was the time she lost it over Paris Hilton . . . it was a visceral (and for me genuine/applauded) action and would love to see more of it but instead we get the head cocking/camera eye rolls interspersed with her occasionally well said but usually throw away observations as she seems to be setting up a topic for Joe to start his rant instead of taking/making a stand for herself.  I don't want to get too far afield here but after she has repeated some of the comments her mother has made to her throughout the years I can understand how she may have a more than slightly damaged psyche.

• Love 2

I am not sure if the link will play properly, but this is from Dec 1 , 2014. Joe went on a 6 am rant against the St Louis Rams for supporting Mr Brown who was killed in Ferguson Missouri.

<iframe src='http://player.theplatform.com/p/7wvmTC/MSNBCEmbeddedOffSite?guid=n_mj_toptalk_141201_401761' height='500' width='635' scrolling='no' border='no' ></iframe>

I have a feeling that Joe is reluctant to discuss race issues on the show because it won't fit with his new Anti trump narrative.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

For me, Mika's one moment was the time she lost it over Paris Hilton . . . it was a visceral (and for me genuine/applauded) action and would love to see more of it but instead we get the head cocking/camera eye rolls interspersed with her occasionally well said but usually throw away observations as she seems to be setting up a topic for Joe to start his rant instead of taking/making a stand for herself.  I don't want to get too far afield here but after she has repeated some of the comments her mother has made to her throughout the years I can understand how she may have a more than slightly damaged psyche.

Mika's mom once gave an an opening presentation for Mika @ Williams College. Mika's mom blurted out at Mika was accepted to Williams with the lowest SAT test scores in the college's history. Ouch!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Methinks someone has hired themselves a good publicist as these publications just can't seem to stay away from them lately . . . :)

The official 10th anniversary of the show is coming up in September

http://www.thewrap.com/inside-msnbc-morning-joe-co-hosts-joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinskis-rise-exclusive/

So combining this with opportunities to promote Joe's music career, they may be doing a lot of publicity in the next month.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika's mom once gave an an opening presentation for Mika @ Williams College. Mika's mom blurted out at Mika was accepted to Williams with the lowest SAT test scores in the college's history. Ouch!

Joe said that one of Mika's brothers mentioned her SAT scores to him at a recent family gathering. College was, wow, how many years ago? They are a high-achieving and hard-charging family and it seems like they messaged her that she wasn't measuring up. I sometimes think about this when watching her tentative chirping on the show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Butterqueen, there have been some truly great discussions on this show that Joe has done an outstanding job but it just seems to me lately that their personal profiles are way out in front of the current news.  I have been more than impressed with many segments on MJ but lately I have been equally disappointed.  Again, I guess for me since the Kitty Galore cat has been left out of the bag I guess maybe I temper what I am watching in terms of what may be bubbling under the surface of their personal life if that makes sense?

They are all up in their personal profiles, aren't they?  Reading between the lines, no one has enthusiastically supported his music until now. His muse, his dream girl, is behind the much stronger emphasis on that.

I can't help but wonder about the why, when they both take the day off. Can't/don't want to get out of bed, or arguing?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, suomi said:

Joe said that one of Mika's brothers mentioned her SAT scores to him at a recent family gathering. College was, wow, how many years ago? They are a high-achieving and hard-charging family and it seems like they messaged her that she wasn't measuring up. I sometimes think about this when watching her tentative chirping on the show.

I would have loved to watch Mika & her family have a reality tv show. Mika's mom would come in with a chainsaw to end debates!

• Love 1

OMG, the ignorant-of-pop-culture schtick/tic. Especially when it's in response to an oblique reference - because if she didn't know who the person was then she wouldn't understand the reference, amirite? But she's lightning-quick with the Who Is That? Is That Someone I Should Know? Why? I Don't Understand. Can Someone Explain It To Me? gah. One could assume that she is not a skilled poker player.

oakville: your link didn't work for me but I found another one

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/joe--rams-protest-the-last-straw-for-me-365495875637

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, suomi said:

OMG, the ignorant-of-pop-culture schtick/tic. Especially when it's in response to an oblique reference - because if she didn't know who the person was then she wouldn't understand the reference, amirite? But she's lightning-quick with the Who Is That? Is That Someone I Should Know? Why? I Don't Understand. Can Someone Explain It To Me? gah. One could assume that she is not a skilled poker player.

oakville: your link didn't work for me but I found another one

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/joe--rams-protest-the-last-straw-for-me-365495875637

Thanks for the proper link!.  I am trying to predict what topics will be discussed on this upcoming week's episodes.

Joe has been reluctant to discuss the Confederate statues issue. Bannon is out so that should be topic #1 for tomorrow.

Joe will brag that he knew that Bannon too big for his britches & tried to upstage Trump. Is Gorka & Miller next to quit?

Topic #2 should be , polls showing Trump being unpopular in 3 battleground mid west states that Trump  won.

Topic #3 should be the Red Sox winning or some soccer team in Europe  that Joe likes winning a random soccer game.

I laugh at Mika's hate for anything pop culture related.

• Love 1

Moday Recap. Joe opened the show talking about the song"Your so vain" Mika is off but Joe didn't mentio. Katty is back in a Canary Yellow Dress.

Halperin is back & doesn't want to talk about the eclipse.

As expected the three midwest polls was the main topic. Joe said Trump need to win the 3 big midwest states for re electio.

Joe admitted that national polls are useless because of the electoral college.

Jeremy Peters is on the set. Joe rubbed his hair a few times.

Halperin is worried about no strategist in the office.

Joe trashed Jared for saying that he was selling real estate 6 months ago & now wants to ru the government.

Joe said that Big 10 football is popular in the midwest.

Halperin wants a Trump comeback in the fall.

Katty made a god point to  Joe that 65% of Americas were embarrassed by Trump last November & that didn't stop people from voting for him.

Katty said that Bannon's populist strategy worked in the midwest.

Hollywood wants to know when Trump is leaving the white house.

Joe wants Trump to grow his base. He can't expect the dominoes to fall in the electoral college.

Joe said mainstream GOP is upset at Trump. They were mad at Hillary & voted quietly for Trump.

They should focus on trade & being tough with China.

Joe said the media is wrong about immigration & abortion. People don't like abortion & illegal immegration according to Joe.

Joe said Trump has to friendly with the other side.

The panel is mad that Trump didn't get affordable healthcare passed or tax cuts.

Ford Jr is shouting. He has had red bull this morning.

Joe wants Trump to make friends & get more votes. Call Chuck Shumer.!

• Love 1

Peters said that bannon wanted more power in the white house.

The GOP fundraising is 10M vs 3.8M Democratic.

Joe said Democrats are clueless if they focus on anti-Trump. They have to rebuild the party.

Joe said the Cook report has GOP gaining in 5 Senate races.

• Love 2

bannon might want to start Bretbart TV. Joe says you have to do it right. There is room on the right

Joe wants bannon to focus on building a wall for mexico.

Joe laughed at illegal immigration. Everyone is leaving the USA to go to Mexico.

Joe mocked McConnell for not funding the Wall. Heidi said that GOP Congress is not doing what Trump wants.

Trump will talk about Afghanistan tonight.

• Love 1

Joe blamed Obama for creating a mess in Iraq after the US troops left. Joe forgot to mention that he supported the withdrawal when it happened.

Joe is worried about a rally in Phoenix. Sheriff Airpaio may get a pardon on the spot.

1 hour ago, stormy said:

Bob Costas throws out that trump has three respected generals and Jared Kushner surrounding him.

WTF? How is Kushner considered part of that?

Kushner should not be taken seriously as the generals

Joe opened the show discussing "that song"........"total eclipse of the sun".....by Carly Simon.  I think he meant "total eclipse of the heart .... by Bonnie Tyler.  ????. 

Loved when his phone dinged and Joe said, that's Mika telling me to start talking.  Now that was genuinely funny.  ????

Halperin is an ass.  He doesn't care about the eclipse.....ugh!  Go back to bed.

• Love 4

If you had any doubt about the intellectual (and actual) bankruptcy of the Democratic establishment, all you need to see is the last segment with that weasel Congressman. First he attempts to rationalize the fundraising gap between the GOP and the Dems by assuring that the SuperPACs are doing fine. Oh, okay then. Then he offers Bob Casey and Tim Kaine as strong contenders in 2020. 

And Bret Stephens can suck a fattie for classifying the Democrstic left as "Elizabeth Warren and a bunch of Harvard professors."  Look at the crowd who rallied against hatred in Boston. All races, ages, economic classes represented. 

• Love 3