Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, novhappy said:

She was cringeworthy questioning Avenatti. He was clearly laughing at her, not with her.  

ETA: I think her big scoop about the physical threat was a question planted to her by Avenatti. He was ready to reveal that info obviously so he did it that way for fun. 

Interesting novhappy.  I could see that happening but now he created a monster as she really wants to talk about that disk!

• Love 1

I honestly think she is asking all of these "hard hitting" questions in an effort to impress him with her smarts and tenacity. She is so transparent.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Interesting novhappy.  I could see that happening but now he created a monster as she really wants to talk about that disk!

She proved herself a hard hitting journalist by asking about the disk after noting that he told her not to ask about the disk!

(thats when he started laughing)

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I honestly think she is asking all of these "hard hitting" questions in an effort to impress him with her smarts and tenacity. She is so transparent.

She's just so clueless.  I just read a terrific article on Nicolle Wallace and it went into some detail about how she hits the phone first thing in the morning reaching out to contacts and starts developing/preparing for what the show will look like for that day and Mika is all KYV that she is still trying to make a thing and chasing her animals around with her housekeeper lurking in the background waiting to clean up whatever she messed up.  She's the Devin Nunes of morning cable news (I'm not gonna read the documents, you read the documents and tell me what to say/complain about).

• Love 8

Cocaine Mitch & China People. Good Grief. It's too early for wine.

What was even nuttier is that this guy was an executive of a mining company!  Is W. Virginia that bad??

Scoop Brzezinski

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah--props are due on that one!!

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Eliot said:

This. ?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Well, oakville, while I agree that we do have some nutjobs running for office here, I've got two words for you:  "Rob" and "Ford."  ; )

Don't get me riled up ! Rob Ford's brother , Doug is now the leader of the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party. He won the leadership (primary) in an upset over a moderate candidate, Christine Elliott like (US Senator,  Susan Collins ). He is now leading in the polls to defeat the current Liberal (Democrats) government led by (Kathlynne Wynn) Premier ( Governor) . On the eve of the campaign, Doug had a rally with "paid actors" sort of like what Trump did in June 2015 at Trump Tower. It is a fiasco. He uses canned clips. Bumper sticker slogans. He is pro immigration though & a businessman.

Many people in Ontario are upset that we have to choose between a tired Liberal ( Democratic) government that has been in power for 15 years & Doug ( Trump-Lite) Ford.

Luckily, we have a 3rd party called the New Democrats ( Bernie Sanders type ) led by a nice lady named Andrea Horwath . Her plan is to provide free drugs, dental care for everyone not covered by their employer's health care plans. She also wants low cost daycare for everyone, so parents can join the labor force.

She wants to implement government bulk buying of drugs, to keep the costs down.

She did well in the first debate. She doesn't have many supporters in the Establishment though.

I think we will have a "hung parliament", where no one party has majority of seats. It will be chaotic.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

What was even nuttier is that this guy was an executive of a mining company!  Is W. Virginia that bad??

Yeah--props are due on that one!!

It's a beautiful sunny day in Oakville with temperatures around 70 degrees F, & I took a day off work to do some gardening. We had a big wind storm here on Friday which damaged our fence & knocked over some of our small trees. Gardening makes me happy.

I just shake my head at all of the whackos that want to run for office. There should be an amendment to the US Constitution that says that whackos cannot run for office.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Speak for yourself my friend . . . :)

If I lived in Hawaii!, I think I could drink wine while watching Morning Joe due to the time zone difference.

It would be like late night news.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Landsnark said:

They covered a whole lot this morning. 
I like Podhoretz' avuncular nature, but I hate his politics and excuses for Trump's corruption. 
Joe's face when it became clear that the 3 captives were coming home was rich.  He had to GRUDGINGLY approve and then walk the tightrope where he admitted he hated Obama's enthusiasm for the Iranian deal but also hates how Trump pulled out of it, and how he's happy that the captives are coming home but hates that Trump did it.  But he's probably right, what on earth did Trump promise NK to get them to capitulate to so many terms?  What did Trump offer so that he can simply win a news cycle?

I haven't got to that part of the show yet due to gardening.

One or more of the panelists came up with the theory that North Korea wa afraid that Trump was crazy enough to bomb North Korea which would be bad for Kim. They released the hostages & agreed to the meeting with Trump , to stay in power.

Trump is will be 72 this year. North Korea could decide to play nice till he is out of office.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, oakville said:

I haven't got to that part of the show yet due to gardening.

Oakville I am sorry for your damage but am glad it makes you happy to work out in the yard.  I hated every second having a yard and am even debating buying potted herbs this year!

4 hours ago, oakville said:

I like the baseball talk with Joe today. Baseball is a 162 game season. Barnicle got mad at the Red Sox losing, so he left the set. The Yankees & Red Sox are very good this year.

It's incredible to see how quickly Halperin can go from the self described leader of the "Gang of 500" journalists who can make or break a Presidential campaign to "He who shall not be named". No one cares what he thinks about anything anymore. Same thing with Harold Ford Jr. I always used to laugh at his "I  agree with you Joe"

Mika took a few shots at Joe because he was talking about baseball. Mika said she would review her tax returns while Joe talked about his beloved Red Sox. Never Change Mika!

Mika was bored with all the baseball talk this morning. Poor baby! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oakville I am sorry for your damage but am glad it makes you happy to work out in the yard.  I hated every second having a yard and am even debating buying potted herbs this year!

We have a large backyard. The problem is that we have too much clay soil in our area, so some of the cedars are dying due to too much water drainage.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's weird that MSNBC made all these "official" Morning Joe gifs of Mika walking out or talking back or hitting Joe, but she never ever comes even close to anything like that on the show. She doesn't even verbally stick up for herself, much less anything like this.

https://giphy.com/gifs/msnbc-morning-joe-scarborough-1jW7oUZQrJ5IbUimhR

https://giphy.com/gifs/msnbc-morning-joe-pjZt2bc1RW2VGGeOV0

https://giphy.com/gifs/msnbc-morning-joe-scarborough-3kD0v9VXChM6PZnmvZ

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1

I hope Morning Joe decides to cover this topic. Joe is a former Congressman from Florida. He should try & figure out why a long term incumbent like Nelson would be trailing Scott. I know we have some Floridians here on the forum. Joe used to like to cover Florida politics during the glory days of Morning Joe.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20180508/rick-scott-leads-bill-nelson-in-us-senate-poll-after-aggressive-campaign-launch

Joe's on fire this morning:

• Mocking a baseball player about showing up, doing his job and earning his money (pot meet kettle)
  • Being amazed the President and Rudy keep insisting on bringing up how intelligent they are (you really need to have a word with that kettle)
  • He wonders as a dumb country lawyer (correct) how he gets through three hours a day (you don't)

All this in the first five minutes.  Sigh.

• Love 3

World's worst segue:

They come out of the break to kvetch about Town and Country disinviting Monica Lewinsky from an event because Bubba was going to be there (clearly, what on earth was T&C thinking.  Shame on them but what a weird segment with all the other news flying around right now) but it did give the happy couple a few minutes to run roughshod over how horrible the Clinton's are and then suddenly there is Hallie Jackson on the screen at JAB recapping the hostages coming home.  They put up with that for a couple of minutes and when I came back from pouring myself another cup of coffee they had moved on to when Mika knocked everything out of the news because of her Paris Hilton rant.

Seriously, this show needs a new EP stat.  What a mess.

Oh and good news.  Peggy Noonan is going to be on.

• Love 4

I never liked Bill Clinton but disagree with Mika's comment that his behavior is the reason we have Trump.  Monica Lewinsky doesn't deserve to have the invitation rescinded just because Bill accepted.  However, I find the talk odd about Monica being almost a child when they had the affair as if it was all his fault. She had no idea about the long-term repercussions but she was an adult. They were both morally culpable.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Joe's on fire this morning:

• Mocking a baseball player about showing up, doing his job and earning his money (pot meet kettle)
  • Being amazed the President and Rudy keep insisting on bringing up how intelligent they are (you really need to have a word with that kettle)
  • He wonders as a dumb country lawyer (correct) how he gets through three hours a day (you don't)

All this in the first five minutes.  Sigh.

This made me laugh!. The panel was very confused when Joe stared saying what he was doing late last night. Mika's face froze. Was Joe going to discuss his sex life? Katty quickly shouted sports.!. Willie smirked.

Mika & Joe are attacking Bill Clinton for attending an event on Social Change. Monica Lewinsky was disinvited. Town & Country will not comment on why Monica can't attend.

KCDC was mad that Monica was dissed. Katty said Monica paid the price for the affair with Trump.

I find it rich coming from Mika. Mika defended Tom Brokaw against the female  journalist who complained about Brokaw's sexual harassment of her.

Mika has been a strong defender of Halperin & Charlie Rose.

Joe was mad that Trump called Kim nice because he released the 3 hostages.

Joe doesn't like Kim or Iran taking American hostages.

Joe said Trump has no clue about North Korea.

The panel was much happier bashing Michael Cohen fr access peddling.

Joe said that Clinton was worshipped by polite society for having sex with Monica. Joe is on a rant against Bill Clinton.

Mika is disgusted with Clinton!.

Mika stumbled over the words Joint Base Andrews. It's Andres Air Force Base!

Barnicle is ranting about Trump winning the election and having no group of staff ready to run the government.

Katty felt bad for the companies that paid Clinton & Obama advisers for access to the Hillary Clinton administration. They did not get a good return on their investment because Hillary lost the election.

Perhaps if Barnicle & the rest of the media did their job and covered the election issues properly, they would have seen that Hillary was not doing well in the midwest.

Joe is trying to flatter Mika by pointing to the time that Mika ripped up the Paris Hilton script.

I think Joe is interested in Mika again!.

Foreplay at 6 50 am on live TV!. Morning Willie?

Mika & KC are wearing blue sweaters  with black.

Where is Gordon Chang? He is the Morning Joe Korea expert.

Mika & Joe mocked Trump for talking about tv ratings at 3 am. Everone tuned in to watch Trump & the hostages.

Joe went after Rudy for saying he was smart & knighted by the Queen.

Joe bragged that he was a powerful member of Congress & had 3 post offices in Pensacola renamed by local citizens.

Mika mocked Rudy for saving NY after 911.

Mika called Rudy or Joe an idiot.

Joe is mad at the Red Sox for losing the game.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, madfortv said:

I never liked Bill Clinton but disagree with Mika's comment that his behavior is the reason we have Trump.  Monica Lewinsky doesn't deserve to have the invitation rescinded just because Bill accepted.  However, I find the talk odd about Monica being almost a child when they had the affair as if it was all his fault. She had no idea about the long-term repercussions but she was an adult. They were both morally culpable.

Mika's theory is that Trump was able to get away with all his affairs & issues with women in 2016 because Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct was supported by the Washington elite.

Mika is right that a GOP candidate would normally be destroyed by sexual misconduct, but it didn't work against Trump because Hillary & the media defended Bill Clinton's behavior with Monica.

I think NBC has no credibility on sexual misconduct by its own staff. Brokaw,Halperin, Matt Lauer.

Why won't Morning Joe book Tom Brokaw  or Harold Ford Jr. anymore ?

They are now discussing Gina Hastel. CIA

David Ignatius needs a new barber.

Stop with the KCDC ready to rock lightning intro.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika's theory is that Trump was able to get away with all his affairs & issues with women in 2016 because Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct was supported by the Washington elite.

Mika is right that a GOP candidate would normally be destroyed by sexual misconduct, but it didn't work against Trump because Hillary & the media defended Bill Clinton's behavior with Monica.

I think NBC has no credibility on sexual misconduct by its own staff. Brokaw,Halperin, Matt Lauer.

Why won't Morning Joe book Tom Brokaw  or Harold Ford Jr. anymore ?

They are now discussing Gina Hastel. CIA

David Ignatius needs a new barber.

Stop with the KCDC ready to rock lightning intro.

You cannot conflate Bill/Monica with Halperin, Rose, Brokaw et al.

The former was a consensual affair that was ill-advised and, although emotionally harmful to her, something she participated in by choice. Should he have known better? Yes. But it’s an entirely different situation than the latter, which were outright acts of workplace harassment against unwilling subordinates. 

It is infuriating when Mika and others constantly speak of these as interchangeable.

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I am too because they had the lead.  Fucking Bankee$.

I hate the Red Sox They think they invented baseball. I am a Blue Jays fan. Are you a Tampa Bay Rays fan.?

That video clip played over and over of Pence walking holding hands with his wife (Mother) looks stupid.  Who is the awfully-dressed chick next to his wife wearing pink capris with a ruffle on them and giant wedges?  I hope that's not Secret Service!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

That video clip played over and over of Pence walking holding hands with his wife (Mother) looks stupid.  Who is the awfully-dressed chick next to his wife wearing pink capris with a ruffle on them and giant wedges?  I hope that's not Secret Service!

Mother's little helper?

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Eliot said:

You cannot conflate Bill/Monica with Halperin, Rose, Brokaw et al.

The former was a consensual affair that was ill-advised and, although emotionally harmful to her, something she participated in by choice. Should he have known better? Yes. But it’s an entirely different situation than the latter, which were outright acts of workplace harassment against unwilling subordinates. 

It is infuriating when Mika and others constantly speak of these as interchangeable.

I agree that Clinton did not sexually harass Monica. He did sexually harass Paula Jones & a few other women.

Mika went out of her way to defend Brokaw. She is a weasel by saying Brokaw never harassed her. It’s very possible that Brokaw harassed Linda Vester.

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Joe still hasn’t been on set this week.

I laugh at Joe. He makes Mika go into work so he can feed the chickens in the morning.

43 minutes ago, oakville said:

I hate the Red Sox They think they invented baseball. I am a Blue Jays fan. Are you a Tampa Bay Rays fan.?

I am somewhat team-less right now but I could never fully be a Rays fan (or a fan of any AL team) because I don't believe in the DH.  I'm kinda drifting back to my childhood team, the Mets.

• Love 1
(edited)

Co-host Willie Geist added, “For the last almost two years now, Mike Pence has walked a line between obsequiousness — which is what Donald Trump requires out of the people around him

Is there a Nobel Prize for commentary?? I love how Beck Bennett plays Pence on SNL!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, oakville said:

I hope Morning Joe decides to cover this topic. Joe is a former Congressman from Florida. He should try & figure out why a long term incumbent like Nelson would be trailing Scott. I know we have some Floridians here on the forum. Joe used to like to cover Florida politics during the glory days of Morning Joe.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20180508/rick-scott-leads-bill-nelson-in-us-senate-poll-after-aggressive-campaign-launch

Floridian checking in. Here's my take:

Scott won two elections (for governor) by blanketing the airwaves with feel-good commercials. He's at it again.

He had some negative stuff in his business background but campaigned as an outsider who would shake things up. Sound familiar?

People are gullible.

Nelson is not the most charismatic guy in the world.

Sadly, the need to be media savvy seems more important than anything these days.

Florida is a wacky state. You have reliably blue South FL. The university towns are blue as well. The panhandle is blazing red. The Villages, too. Much of the state is purple. It's difficult to reach everyone, and so, if you're Scott, you buy millions of dollars worth of television ads. He's definitely good at it (or his ad firm is), if you're susceptible to such things.

Scott is very wealthy. He can afford to buy what's necessary to win.

Lots of swamps in Florida. I fear none will be drained.

On a different topic, why does Mika hate the Clintons so much? Do we know? Between the Town & Country discussion and Peggy Noonan, I gave up early.

• Love 5

Jordan Baker, FL reminds me very much of IL.  Chicago is true blue but the rest of the state is either slightly purple or blazing red.  We are in such a mess I despair that we will ever pull ourselves out until I read that a black, married lesbian is challenging Emanuel for Mayor of Chicago.  Dare I hope the applecart will finally be upset and maybe we can start talking sense again (and give crime ridden neighborhoods the relief they so desperately need?).  The same with FL.  Shove your money and your not consistent response to gun control in light of what has happened in your state.  I don't think ads have the impact that used to have.  Viva le Internet the great equalizer!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, madfortv said:

I don't buy this for one second.

First of all, Clinton was 20 years ago.

The deplorables who'll back Trump to the hilt weren't Clinton supporters.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

On a different topic, why does Mika hate the Clintons so much? Do we know?

And this is an excellent question and thought because I don't watch the entire show every day I missed something but why is Mika so aggrieved by the Clintons?  Lord knows with the buckshot these two scatter each day what the issue(s) is/are but does anyone have a clear reason as to why she is so appalled to breathe the same air as HRC/Bubba?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

And this is an excellent question and thought because I don't watch the entire show every day I missed something but why is Mika so aggrieved by the Clintons?  Lord knows with the buckshot these two scatter each day what the issue(s) is/are but does anyone have a clear reason as to why she is so appalled to breathe the same air as HRC/Bubba?

I always just assume he didn't want Zbig around to an extent that made the Brzezinskis happy.

6 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I always just assume he didn't want Zbig around to an extent that made the Brzezinskis happy.

Oh dear xoqueens I'm afraid I don't quite get your answer especially the part that he didn't want Zbig around to make the Brzenzinskis happy.  Can you help me/expand on that?

• Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh dear xoqueens I'm afraid I don't quite get your answer especially the part that he didn't want Zbig around to make the Brzenzinskis happy.  Can you help me/expand on that?

Ah, sorry, lol! I meant I just assume her dad didn't get some high level position he wanted in the Clinton admin, or some real or perceived slight happened, and that's behind Mika's career-long angst-rant. I can't see Mika having a nuanced enough understanding of policy to hold a decades-long grudge, so I assume it's personal.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4

They didn't always have this attitude towards the Clintons.  They've been on TV.  I've seen them fawn over Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Something happened long after the two were in office.

11 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

They didn't always have this attitude towards the Clintons.  They've been on TV.  I've seen them fawn over Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Something happened long after the two were in office.

Have they? Interrrrrrrresting. ? 

Paraphrasing, "Bill Clinton was the best politician America has ever seen."  That's a broad paraphrase, but Joe Bloviatin'borough has uttered this thought dozens of times.  I always thought Joe had an embarrassing crush on Bill Clinton.  Within the past 3.5 years, his attitude has changed 180 degrees.
Something occurred.  I guarantee you the Clintons dismissed Joe and Mika as being D level hacks at a cocktail party to a 3rd party, or, better, to their faces.

• Love 4
(edited)

Well I see King Joe is firmly planted in his throne/bunker ranting about the excessive money being spent by the Trump cabinet . . . if you look up irony in the dictionary there should be an 8x10 glossy of Scarborough (see bunker).

Meeks has the morning off.  I guess the full three hours yesterday just did her in.

I am glad they and other outlets are focusing on this ridiculous money Cohen was raking in.  I pray this finally exposes the true swamp for what it is and we can truly start working on real reform.

Thank you to those that responded about my question about Meeks problem with the Clintons.  She acts like a prom queen that was stood up by her date whenever you mention their name so yes I agree the issue is clearly personal and yes I would cough up a body part to know what that slight was.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1

Ok Donnie really needs to rethink that current hair style as the I am giving newbies a chance at beauty school look is just not working for him.

I am also gagging on his constant shilling for Cohen.  It's gross, stop it.

Ooof, Donnie just threw a punch at Avenatti.  I think he may regret that.  Goodness the show is much more gossipy when Joe's in charge.

• Love 1

Friday Recap. Joe is in the Bunker. Mika is off. It's the Brady Bunch set. Donny Deutsh, Ratner , Willie & Heidi are on the show. Heidi got the mediocre Library. Heileman said companies buys influence in America It's organized bribery.

Joe is ranting at the corruption of the Trump cabinet. He said Trump is getting the money paid to Cohen by ATT. Is there any evidence of that?

Joe is in full rant mode. Joe said he had been around Washington for 25 years & this happens a lot.

Joe is mad at people cheering Drain the Swamp at Trump rallies.

Joe looks horrible without his glasses. He is squinting.

Heilaman said Avenatti is a hero to Americans. Who is paying him?

Does Stormy have enough money to fund her lawsuit against Trump?

2 minutes ago, oakville said:

My faith in TV viewers is waning. Morning Joe ratings continue to be above 1.1million. I guess no one cares about Joe being in a bunker

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-5-9-2018.html

I know, this and political polls are hard to read/digest these days.  I kind of threw in the towel last night when I heard they are still chanting lock her up at Trump rallies.  It pains me when I know people are voting against their own interests but think they are "winning".  I have been tuning back into MJ because I get my real news from other sources and usually later in the day but clearly other people are not doing their research.  This doesn't surprise me as my siblings couldn't even tell you where their polling place is.  

3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is ranting at the corruption of the Trump cabinet. He said Trump is getting the money paid to Cohen by ATT. Is there any evidence of that?

The fact that Trump isn't responding to this via Twitter speaks volumes.  If Cohen was raking in money so was Trump.

• Love 2