Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, oakville said:

The problem is that everyone on the panel has their own excellent plans so they don't understand having to buy an Obamacare plan

So true Oakville.  I volunteer to park my rump on their panel to explain real life to them.  I have had to purchase private health insurance for over five years and the first couple were an absolute nightmare.  The ACA isn't perfect and I know it works better in some parts of the country vs others but it has provided me more than decent coverage.  Without those CSR payments, I'll have to really scale back my coverage and keep my fingers crossed nothing happens to me until I qualify for Medicare in four years.  As long as they are eliminating those payments, I hope they are also eliminating the subsides and side deals the Congress currently enjoys which makes their healthcare very affordable.  I mean we're all in this together, right?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

The problem is that everyone on the panel has their own excellent plans so they don't understand having to buy an Obamacare plan

There is no such thing as "an Obamacare plan." The ACA is a set of laws and regulations governing how insurance is packaged and sold nationwide and every plan, whether it's employer provided or purchased individually, is subject to its provisions. If what you mean is, "They don't have to buy individual health insurance on the exchanges," that is different.

Sorry to harp on this, but it is a major misconception about the ACA that has clouded a lot of misinformed opinions and hurt the support for the overall law.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Eliot said:

There is no such thing as "an Obamacare plan." The ACA is a set of laws and regulations governing how insurance is packaged and sold nationwide and every plan, whether it's employer provided or purchased individually, is subject to its provisions. If what you mean is, "They don't have to buy individual health insurance on the exchanges," that is different.

Sorry to harp on this, but it is a major misconception about the ACA that has clouded a lot of misinformed opinions and hurt the support for the overall law.

Exactly.   

Does Joe not understand that "the Iran Deal" is not just between the US & Iran? That other countries are involved and it is working and that's why it's been re certified every quarter.   No, because Joe is basically Trump Lite when it comes to his hatred for all things Obama. 

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

The ACA isn't perfect and I know it works better in some parts of the country vs others

The reason for that is because the GOP did what Trump has just done from day 1.  They knee-capped the program immediately, never fully supporting it, causing it to fail regionally.  That Joe and his panel of knuckleheads never mention this, is so strange.  The failing of the ACA is that it's governed and implemented regionally, not federally.  So the switches and levers in every region are slightly different and biased by politics.  That's the failing.  If it had national rates and a national marketplace, it's great.
What sucks is that Trump won't be hurt by destroying health care for Americans.

I hate how Joe always mentions that he thinks the Iran deal is a bad deal.  He's never elucidated that point.  He says everyone agrees with him, and I've yet to hear anyone agree with him.  The deal has dozens of moving parts, and the parts Joe doesn't like are unclear, and are never parroted by politicos he brings on to slag on the deal.  Funnily enough (according to Joe this morning), Israel thinks it's a grand deal because it provides them breathing room and nuclear detente.  Joe's got 3 hours 5x a week.  Why doesn't he go into the guts of the deal and describe clearly what he finds unsatisfactory?
I believe that his dislike of it is the same as Trump's.  It was Obama's deal. 
The only issue with the deal is that it's not a forever situation, the deal sunsets at some point.  Which, one would assume, would motivate diplomats and industries to use that time to build a bridge with Iran to normalize relations and shift them away from being a rogue nation.  I suppose that's kind of an adult perspective, and we're talking about Trump.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Sorry, I am Canadian, so I don't know what to call these plans. It's so confusing.

The show used to have  Eeke Emmanuel on the show to explain healthcare.

Why don't they do this anymore?

Now its just Joe shouting

• Love 4

Now its just Joe shouting

Hee!  That's all, did not sleep last night and woke up to hurriedly call my daughter (on the ACA exchange) and tell her to get her procrastinating butt to the doctor immediately, soon you won't be able to afford insurance anymore.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Hee!  That's all, did not sleep last night and woke up to hurriedly call my daughter (on the ACA exchange) and tell her to get her procrastinating butt to the doctor immediately, soon you won't be able to afford insurance anymore.

I'm right behind you . . . i've already made an appointment with my doctor and have checked Walgreen's for a list of their generics so I can explain to my doctor that he needs to pick one of those for my HB for next year . . . oy.

PS, you're a great mom!

• Love 2

There was a brief discussion of Weinstein this morning so that Mika could crow about Hachette dropping the Weinstein imprint. But was most jarring about the segment was Joe complaining that Weinstein was a jerk to a show because he  was, in Joe's terms, a "something for nothing guy" and would call the showbooker demanding they book someone associated with a Weinstein project but when the show wanted another guest (filmmaker, author eg) associated with the Weinstein, he would not give it to the show. 

In light of what we have learned this week, seems like a pretty inconsequential complaint.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I so agree.  If this is such a great idea why wasn't this proposal on Trump's desk to sign on day one?  And why didn't anyone ask (looking at you Donnie) how can these plans be equal to say a GE plan when GE picks up a percentage of the costs that in turn drops their employees premiums?  Who's going to offset those costs in those horrible, weak proposed health care plans?  Really disappointed in the entire segment as it seemed very scripted.

I knew they would lob softballs at him, or even just let him lie unchallenged.   Scarborough talks tough when it's just him pontificating about how stupid/shortsighted/dishonest his former partymates are, but put him in a room with a real live Republican and he fawns over them.   He's a big wuss when you get right down to it.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, stormy said:

Oakville. Eziekial Emanuel works for CNN

Aha!. That explains why he doesn't show up on Morning Joe.

Why can't Morning Joe find anyone who understands health care policy?

It seems to me that Joe has superficial knowledge of the health care plans, or doesn't bother to learn more.

He & the rest of the panel didn't bother to fight back against Rand Paul.

Paul said that the new plans will be cheaper because you can buy in bulk by joining an association health care plan.

Apparently, Obama subsidy payments weren't authorized by Congress, so it was easy for Trump to nullify Obama's executive order.

Why didn't the panel ask why Obama didn't get Congress in 2010 to authorize the subsidies?

Joe is furious that Google search engines continue to mention that his intern died under suspicious circumstances in Florida.

They will not remove the information from their search engines.

Donnie complained that Facebook & Google also report unflattering stories about him & young women.

Mika was excited that she could do her 3 book deal with Hachette since it is no longer part of the Weinstein group.

Everything ends well for Mika!

Joe is mad that Facebook may have helped Trump win Wisconsin.

Joe's new rants against Google & Facebook are funny.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, millennium said:

I knew they would lob softballs at him, or even just let him lie unchallenged.   Scarborough talks tough when it's just him pontificating about how stupid/shortsighted/dishonest his former partymates are, but put him in a room with a real live Republican and he fawns over them.   He's a big wuss when you get right down to it.

Agreed. The employer pays part of the costs.

It's hilarious/sad how the panel can't fight back against any GOP congressmen.

Richard Haas couldn't even defend Clinton's payments to North Korea to delay it's nuclear weapons plan.

The GOP Congressmen blasted him that 25 years of talking hasn't stopped North Korea.

23 hours ago, Mumbles said:

There was a brief discussion of Weinstein this morning so that Mika could crow about Hachette dropping the Weinstein imprint. But was most jarring about the segment was Joe complaining that Weinstein was a jerk to a show because he  was, in Joe's terms, a "something for nothing guy" and would call the showbooker demanding they book someone associated with a Weinstein project but when the show wanted another guest (filmmaker, author eg) associated with the Weinstein, he would not give it to the show. 

In light of what we have learned this week, seems like a pretty inconsequential complaint.

Agreed. Its always about Joe!. I noticed that Mika & Joe were afraid to take a swipe at NBC News for letting Ronan Farrow take his story to New Yorker rather than have NBC break the story about Weinstein. Yet, Joe took a shot at SNL.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is furious that Google search engines continue to mention that his intern died under suspicious circumstances in Florida.

They will not remove the information from their search engines.

That's not how search engines work.   There are articles on the incident, so if you search on words that involve that incident, the articles appear in the search results. 

• Love 5

Looks like Roger Bennett will (for me unfortunately) be making an appearance Monday morning:

roger bennett‏Verified account @rogbennett  7h7 hours ago

More

I'll be on @Morning_Joe talking Man City, Crystal Palace, David De Gea and impact of US Soccer's Failure tomorrow 7.50 AM ET with @JoeNBC

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, millennium said:

If I had to describe Joe in one word - - > Poser. Two words - - > Glory Days.

• Love 7

Monday Recap. Joe is in the bunker. Mika is in the studio with Haas, Ratner. Ignatious is in another library.

Joe asked Mika how her weekend was. Mika replied that THEY were together!. mika was busy hosting Americare concert & working on the Know your value Tour. She is so busy & we are lucky that she makes any time to show up on Morning Joe.

Stop plugging your own side jobs!.

The word of the day is punting. Joe is mad at Trump for punting decisions to the Congress.

Tillerson has not been castrated.

Joe said Trump is taking too many half measures.

Joe does not trust Iran.

The panel forgot about the other European countries in the Iran deal. Those countries have important business deals with Iran with the cash they got from the USA. Renault won't be able to sell cars in Tehran.

Moron gate is still a big deal for Joe. He denied it 3 times, which has biblical ramifications.

Every one is mad at Tillerson for being a wimp & not quitting on Trump.

Tillerson will keep talking to North Korea until the bombs fall. Joe is mad at that statement.

Richard Haas wants a deal to freeze nuclear testing in Korea. Haas wants more diplomacy

• Love 4

More pictures of Mika & Joe hosting  the Americare events. They will send a plane in 2018 to Puerto Rico. They sent a plane on Saturday to Guatamala. Joe is mad at Trump for not caring about Puerto Rico.

Joe said people come up to him all the time to ask him how they can help.

Why would a plane go to Guatamala if the Hurricane hit Puerto Rico.?

Mika is mad at Trump for Opioids.

Mika is mad at Congress for reducing the DEA's power to stop opiods.

• Love 2

Joe was actually funny today.  He mocked trump saying he spoke to the president of the Virgin Islands!  And went on with all his blathering nonsense, "I've got the best words, the best brain"!

Richard Haas so insightful this morning.  Oy.  We need to be reminded that trump's foreign policy is entertainment?

• Love 2

Joe is going on & on about hosting AmericaCares. I am sure its a nice charity but they are mentioning it every 20 minutes.

Joe said mika convinced him to watch baseball this weekend. Mika got mad & threatened to clean out her purse.

Mika liked the skit on SNL making fun of Kelly Anne's Conway  looks & makeup. She was dressed like an evil clown. Know Your Value does not apply to females in the Trump administration.

Joe is mad at Steve Bannon. Here comes Steve Scmidt to bash trump.

Joe is mad at Voters Values summit.

• Love 2

Dan Daniels the Forbes reporter= The McDreamy of Morning Joe. He's almost too pretty for the naked eye.

Mika liked the skit on SNL making fun of Kelly Anne's Conway  looks & makeup. She was dressed like an evil clown. Know Your Value does not apply to females in the Trump administration.

Ha!!  Yes I guess KAC and SHS know their value alright--lying mouthpieces for Trump.

It seems to me that Joe has superficial knowledge of the health care plans, or doesn't bother to learn more.

Can I amend this statement? It seems to me that Joe has superficial knowledge of the_______________  (fill in the blank in any which way whatsoever), or doesn't bother to learn more.

• Love 3

If I needed confirmation of how despicable I think Lindsay Graham is, I got this morning when they showed him on a Sunday show talking about Trump's reelection. OMG I just can't go there.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Looks like Roger Bennett will (for me unfortunately) be making an appearance Monday morning:

roger bennett‏Verified account @rogbennett  7h7 hours ago

More

I'll be on @Morning_Joe talking Man City, Crystal Palace, David De Gea and impact of US Soccer's Failure tomorrow 7.50 AM ET with @JoeNBC

I only caught part of his appearance, where they were lamenting the poor performance of the US men's soccer team. Did anyone happen to point out how well our women's team consistently does?

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Dan Daniels the Forbes reporter= The McDreamy of Morning Joe. He's almost too pretty for the naked eye.

Ha!!  Yes I guess KAC and SHS know their value alright--lying mouthpieces for Trump.

Can I amend this statement? It seems to me that Joe has superficial knowledge of the_______________  (fill in the blank in any which way whatsoever), or doesn't bother to learn more.

I think Joe is getting lazy. He just repeats the same talking points over & over again.

Why not get some different perspectives on issues?

Moyahedin is stuck on early Joe . Let him stick around to chat about the Middle East.

I ended up watching Shark Atkisdons report on Puerto Rico to find out about why the power is still out in Puero RICO.

Why is the annoying soccer guy back? Boo

• Love 2

The segment with the Forbes reporter talking about Wilbur Ross basically hiding $2 billion from his government financial disclosure was great. They asked the reporter how he figured it out, and he replied, well we have been following his net worth for years and the number on the disclosure seemed to be way off so we called him and he told us he put $2 billion in family trusts.  And then either Schmidt or Halperin replied, "Oh, so in other words, he confessed?" Lol.

I also do appreciate the show's continuous mentioning of the criminal neglect of the US territories after these hurricanes. Saint John hasn't had electricity since September 10. Horrific and shameful.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

The segment with the Forbes reporter talking about Wilbur Ross basically hiding $2 billion from his government financial disclosure was great. They asked the reporter how he figured it out, and he replied, well we have been following his net worth for years and the number on the disclosure seemed to be way off so we called him and he told us he put $2 billion in family trusts.  And then either Schmidt or Halperin replied, "Oh, so in other words, he confessed?" Lol.

I was listening from the other room, and it appeared that the reporter kind of manipulated Ross into confessing him by telling him they were going to take them off the Forbes list, and then Ross was all, "Well, no, I have all these other assets!"

If I heard that correctly, what a fucking tool.

• Love 7

Lol yes, the implication was that Ross was horrified of the idea of not making the Forbes Top Whatever list and that outweighed his concerned for, like, not admitting to criminal behavior. Pride goeth before the fall. 

• Love 4

I'm glad that there was discussion with the Washington Post reporter of the DEA attempts to go after opioid distributors and being shut down by new legislation sponsored by the drug industry. The irony of the new drug czar being the originator of the bill is amazing. If you watched the 60 Minutes report on this last night, you might be as horrified as I was. DEA attorneys are lured away to work for drug companies or law firms that help drug companies and then help to cripple the DEA. Morning Joe should do more in reporting the details of this  since the opioid epidemic is so rampant.

• Love 5

Something dawned on me the other day during the Weinstein discussions.

Joe hired Mika because he thought she was hot and he had a "crush" on her. He has belittled her on air, screamed at her, told her to shut up, and then has part of his bonus deposited into her bank account for whatever reason.  

Somebody can't see the forest for the trees. 

Also haven't heard much from Joe, Halperin, and other GOp re Donald Trump's sexual assault/harassment history.   Guess they don't have daughters any more. 

21 minutes ago, stormy said:

We'll have to count on Rachel Maddow to get that kind of in-depth coverage. Not sexy enough for MJ.

Too many three syllable words for Mika. Plus it's hard to purse your lips and thrust your boobs at the camera while trying to understand, let alone explain complicated financial transactions. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Something dawned on me the other day during the Weinstein discussions.

Joe hired Mika because he thought she was hot and he had a "crush" on her. He has belittled her on air, screamed at her, told her to shut up, and then has part of his bonus deposited into her bank account for whatever reason.  

Somebody can't see the forest for the trees. 

Also haven't heard much from Joe, Halperin, and other GOp re Donald Trump's sexual assault/harassment history.   Guess they don't have daughters any more. 

Too many three syllable words for Mika. Plus it's hard to purse your lips and thrust your boobs at the camera while trying to understand, let alone explain complicated financial transactions. 

You bring up some interesting points. I don't know if Joe has sexually harassed Mika. Mika was in relative financial difficulty when the show started.  She was doing short news segments which pay poorly. Her first contract with Morning Joe paid around $150K, but without a clothing or makeup allowance. Mika had to buy her own clothes for the show.

The bonus came in 2009 or  2010 for Joe based on ratings exceeding targets. Mika was not eligible for a bonus but Joe paid her. Mika felt bad about taking the bonus but her dad said it was OK.

Was the bonus paid to her as a settlement for sexual harassment ? Was it a a way for Joe to make Mika indebted to him, so she would be more likely to accept any future romantic advances?

Edited by oakville
bad grammar
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, stormy said:

Joe was actually funny today.  He mocked trump saying he spoke to the president of the Virgin Islands!  And went on with all his blathering nonsense, "I've got the best words, the best brain"!

This is Scarborough's "There are no actual Republican politicians in the studio at the moment" bravado.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

Tuesday Recap. Joe is in the bunker. Mika is in the studio. Kasie ! is in Washington. Annoying Kristol showed up.

Everyone loves Kasie!'s show.. They want jean jackets with the logo on it.

Joe is mad at the GOP for going along with Trump. They have a bad fever & should warn Trump that they are a separate branch of government.

Joe is mad at Mitch for showing up at a rambling press conference.

Joe is mad at Trump for not following Washington protocols.

Joe said that Pelosi will probably be the next speaker of the house.

Tickets are still available for Know Your Value!

The panel is mad at Trump for trashing Obama for not calling the parents of soldiers that are killed.

Mika is furious at Trump & has folded her arms

Joe is talking about beatitudes. Trump is a bad role model for kids.

Barnicle said Trump was the President of the United States in a solemn voice. Take a Drink!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Everyone loves Kasie!'s show.. They want jean jackets with the logo on it.

What's this, day 3 or 4 of them overacting when it comes to the name of Kasie's new show?   I haven't heard anything so repetitive and lame on this show since Scarborough stopped doing his daily impersonation of Chris Matthews butchering Heidi Przybyla's name.

Why don't they just come clean and rename the "Know Your Value" conference "Mika-Con?"  It sounds like it's going to be an infomercial in real time for Mika's books.   I just don't get it.  Ostensibly "Know Your Value" is about empowering women in the workplace but she herself is a second-banana sleeping with her boss whom she permits to interrupt, talk over and condescend to her on a daily basis.   What am I missing?

• Love 7

I think everyone on the panel is trying to help Kasie out. Kasie works hard.

The show is in a tough time slot competing against 60 Minutes& football.

I will try to tape it on my DVR.

I am usually tired of politics by 7 pm on a Sunday.

• Love 5

Today is like all other days.  Mindless time spent on trying to figure out why an idiotic petulant man-child is running the country.  Everyday he insults the people around him and yet they stand next to him with smiling faces (yesterday McConnell).

I hope Joe's right that Nancy Pelosi will be the the next speaker of the house.

Mika! You will never win an award for acting so stop trying to be shocked everyday when you hear what the crazy man in the fat suit says.  You're predictable and annoying.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, oakville said:

Was the bonus paid to her as a settlement for sexual harassment ? Was it a way for Joe to make Mika indebted to him, so she would be more likely to accept any future romantic advances?

Was the bonus paid to her as a settlement for emotional harassment? Was it a way for Joe to make Mika indebted to him, so she would be more likely to accept any future abusive behavior?

Joe railing at McConnell for buddying up to Trump is so pot calling the kettle black it's pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

Look in the mirror next time you wonder how Ryan & McConnell can live with themselves, you hypocritical fuck. 

Joe & Mika are acting like two doofus parents embarrassing their kid with the Kasie Hunt ass smooching.

Not that Kasie doesn't deserve her show, but I really think they're trying to make her beholden to them. No one at MSNBC needs Joe or Mika.  With the exception of Al Sharpton & Hugh Hewitt, they are the least talented most obnoxious on air talent on the network. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

SERIOUSLY??? the phone was invented 1876.  Lincoln died 1865.  (does someone have a gif of Stork in Animal House saying, "you MO-ron"?)

lol, i think oakville was being humorous.

15 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Joe & Mika are acting like two doofus parents embarrassing their kid with the Kasie Hunt ass smooching.

Nailed it!

44 minutes ago, suomi said:

Was the bonus paid to her as a settlement for emotional harassment? Was it a way for Joe to make Mika indebted to him, so she would be more likely to accept any future abusive behavior?

Mika didn't mention Joe harassing her in the book. I have to re read the book again.

I suspect that Joe was trying to impress Mika. I don't think Joe's wife was happy about that

15 minutes ago, millennium said:

lol, i think oakville was being humorous.

Nailed it!

Yes, I was being funny. I watched the press conference yesterday afternoon. It is mind boggling how different Trump behaves compared to Obama.

I wonder if Joe would leave the bunker to appear on Kasies show?

I don't know why Mika & Joe are not in the studio together for the past 2 days

Edited by oakville
1 hour ago, stormy said:

I hope Joe's right that Nancy Pelosi will be the the next speaker of the house.

Me too but I can't see that happening at the moment.   The Democrats are too passive.   Too content to stand by and watch with fingers crossed as this thing appears to fall apart.   Except it isn't falling apart.  I think it's stronger than ever.   It defies all reason, common sense and historical precedent in this country that Trumpism is prevailing, yet it is -- a fact which I think attests either to its formidable virulence or the opposition's disheartening weakness.   Whichever, Trump wins.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, millennium said:

It defies all reason, common sense and historical precedent in this country that Trumpism is prevailing, yet it is -- a fact which I think attests either to its formidable virulence or the opposition's disheartening weakness.

Both, I think.

• Love 2