Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Battle Of The Sexes III

• Start Topic

Kate Walsh is so consistently bad on CELEBRITY NAME GAME that the producers themselves did a supercut of her flubs : 

Hopefully alcohol will calm her down.

Other than that I'm optimistic. Geena Davis always seems pleasant in interviews, and Michael Ealy and Angela Kinsey are usually good.

• Love 1

It was nice seeing the teams so evenly matched for once

Though I will say, the men seemed to win solely because THEY COULD RUN. It took the women just as long to get to Jane in the final round than they did to guess what the clue was.

It's those damn high heels! :)

I really liked that first game,forgot the name...where you substitute a word in the name of the film by the hint on the poster.  Had they ever did that one before?

I liked when Adam Goldberg said, "I'm screwed" after he heard a clue would have to do with a JayZ song.  I feel ya Adam, I know like, one song of his.

Edited by Valny

Gina Davis in that dress. [/jealous] Her pauses and inflections when she speaks slightly remind me of Jeff Goldblum.

Yank-fest.... Is that like a circle jerk? Oh, Jane.

I'll be in hell if you need me. :-)

I thought Gina looked great. Beautiful, talented, athletic, AND a Mensa member. She really nailed it aka got lucky in the gene pool department.

How many times can Jane say, "crank my box?" *snort* ... which is the balloon game only with a box.

I'm with Adam in that I know zero Jay Z songs. "I'm screwed." However, Beyonce titles, for example, are another story entirely.  :)

The drawing game - the hammer and the shield seemed obvious to me. The cave, I have no idea how that dude guessed that.

Edited by ari333

Gina Davis in that dress. [/jealous] Her pauses and inflections when she speaks slightly remind me of Jeff Goldblum.

Yank-fest.... Is that like a circle jerk? Oh, Jane.

I'll be in hell if you need me. :-)

Geena Davis was actually married to Jeff Goldblum years ago, I'm pretty sure. Interesting you would make that comparison.

• Love 1

I really liked that first game,forgot the name...where you substitute a word in the name of the film by the hint on the poster.  Had they ever did that one before?

I think they have. I really enjoy the fake posters (and altered logos) they do for that. That's an awful lot of work for something you see for about 30 seconds. And they look good, too!

When they got to the end game and Gina Davis's charity was something like "The Coalition for Equality and Fairness for Women, Minorities, and All the Downtrodden Everywhere" I thought "Oh dear, she is going to be one of those who goes out of her way not to mention sex or color and the civilian is going to lose."  Fortunately, she proved me wrong.

Gina's clues were the reason the civilian won, because Ben Feldman's clues were horrible - He's a great singer!  She is the best Actress!

Everyone seemed pretty good, but I didn't enjoy this one as much as other eps. Maybe that's because I invited my sister to watch with me, and the games weren't as fun or hilarious as they sometimes are.

I thought Jane in the Box was stupid. All it was there for was the double-entendres. There were even ping-pong balls that came out. Ugh.

My favorite game on this ep was I Love a Charade. But then, I love charades. Another game I love that they haven't played in a while is the one where they stand in a line with the clues on their foreheads. That's a fast and fun one.

When I saw Michael Ealy's name as one of the guests, I thought it was the guy from Ugly Betty, Michael Urie. 

• Love 1

Good episode. Everyone seemed pretty good-natured and they seemed to genuinely have fun without being dull or trying to show off.

I cannot see Ben Feldman on this show without thinking of his character from Superstore. A) It's a good show and you should watch because I don't want it to get cancelled. B) I think the character might be more like him than some of his others, or at least he's used more of his normal reactions/mannerisms/voice. Also, I've watched him on a couple of shows now, is his hair getting more lush? Both things were distracting me this episode.

I'm not sure why they feel the need to constantly invent new games but the drawing thing was OK. Better than Lil Picassos.

Geena Davis was unexpected as a guest. She had a tiny part in that Lake Bell movie. I wonder if she'll return to acting. She's still TV skinny. I liked seeing her throw the popcorn and getting in the mix. She didn't seem to do remarkably well but I kind of got the feeling she doesn't keep up with pop culture that much.

Is it weird that I like to see how they pose in the photobooth?

Heels aside, the guys were on fire in that last round. I think they would have won regardless.