Type keyword(s) to search

Sleepy Hollow in the Media

From Albert Kim's Twitter page, here are the titles of the already written second half S3 episodes:

Episode 309:  "One Life"

Episode 310: "Incident at Stone Manor"

Episode 311: "Kindred Spirits

Episode 312: "Sins of the Father"

Episode 313: "Dark Mirror"

Episode 314: "Into the Wild"

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 2

This winter hiatus is way too long. Much longer than for other shows. That doesn't bode well for the ratings, or the network's interest in the show. Any idea why the hiatus has been so long?

• Love 2

This winter hiatus is way too long. Much longer than for other shows. That doesn't bode well for the ratings, or the network's interest in the show. Any idea why the hiatus has been so long?

Sleepy Hollow isn't the only show to have such a long hiatus; Scandal went off around the same time and doesn't come back until 2/11. On the other hand, Scandal isn't in danger of going off the air anything soon.

• Love 1

With only 18 episodes it was bound to have earlier finales and later returns than some of the other shows. I guess FOX could match its schedule up with others by not airing all the episodes back to back, throwing in a couple minor breaks (1-2 weeks) in between the new episodes but then I think they'd still run into the same issue of consistency with the airings and the possibility of losing viewers.

That said, I think the hiatus and minor breaks would be fine if FOX actually promoted the show. Has there been any TV promotions for the show and their return on Feb 5? I know I've not seen anything on TV. A good time to promote would've been during the X-files, but I think Lucifer got those slots, understandably, during Sunday's episode.

• Love 1

They've been promoting it on facebook at least. I don't watch enough fox to know if they are promoting it well on the network and I tend to zone out during breaks anyway. I think I caught mention of Sleepy Hollow bundled with other returning show promotions, but I'm not sure.

They've been promoting it on facebook at least. I don't watch enough fox to know if they are promoting it well on the network and I tend to zone out during breaks anyway. I think I caught mention of Sleepy Hollow bundled with other returning show promotions, but I'm not sure.

They're also doing a lot of promotion on Twitter. Their Instagram page seems to get updated everyday also. I can't see their tumblr at work, but I imagine it's being updated pretty often.

• Love 1

Thanks for posting Halcyon! Is that Nicole from the back in the third picture from the last with Tom? I believe her hair is naturally curly in real life.

Despite my PGS, LOL, I'm excited about the show's return. I've missed it.

• Love 2

Thanks for posting Halcyon! Is that Nicole from the back in the third picture from the last with Tom? I believe her hair is naturally curly in real life.

Despite my PGS, LOL, I'm excited about the show's return. I've missed it.

Shhh....no one is supposed to know it's

her yet and most likely rescued :') (yes it's her!)

• Love 1

They're also doing a lot of promotion on Twitter. Their Instagram page seems to get updated everyday also. I can't see their tumblr at work, but I imagine it's being updated pretty often.

Since Sleepy Hollow is considered by many to more a DVR type show, maybe FOX is of the opinion social media, not network TV, is the best place to promote it. 

• Love 2

Here is the UK Promo: https://twitter.com/...037089667977216

I actually really like it... Ichabod is brooding over Abbie...

He's got a great profile.  That nose could be used as a straight edge.

Ha. Good one about the straight edge. I liked the promo, but why does Ichabod sound so breathless when he's talking to Abbie? I don't remember the original lines sounding that way. It's as if he's whispering the words to her in bed, as they're lying next to each other, naked and spent, their sweaty arms and legs intertwined--

I'll see myself out now. 

• Love 9

Ha. Good one about the straight edge. I liked the promo, but why does Ichabod sound so breathless when he's talking to Abbie? I don't remember the original lines sounding that way. It's as if he's whispering the words to her in bed, as they're lying next to each other, naked and spent, their sweaty arms and legs intertwined--

I'll see myself out now.

I'll see myself out with you... cause that was a full on bedroom sexy voice. I think they might have added a filter to it? I mean, it was kinda breathy when he said it on the show, but it just feels even more breathy in the UK promo.

He never sounded like that with you know who.

• Love 3
I'll see myself out with you... cause that was a full on bedroom sexy voice. I think they might have added a filter to it? I mean, it was kinda breathy when he said it on the show, but it just feels even more breathy in the UK promo.

Watched it again. Yeah, they slowed it down a bit. Same pitch, but slower. *sigh* I'm really going to miss this beautiful man on my screen.

SpoilerTV - Sneak Peek (Dinner scene) and Promo for S03:E09: One Life.

Dinner Scene from One Life - short clip / on YouTube

Poor thing looks so depressed.

• Love 3

I was watching Grease Live on the Fox app this evening, and Sleepy Hollow was one of 4 shows advertised during the commercial breaks. Empire, The X-Files, and Lucifer were the other 3 shows, so I think it was in good company.

• Love 4

So Nikki Reed has been on TWO talk shows promoting Sleepy Hollow - but nothing with Tom or Nicole or even Lyndie. We don't want to see Nikki Reed! Ugh.

I noticed that, glad it's being promoted, but I don't understand why they'd use her when her contribution is so slight. My guess is it's driven more by her own agent pushing her than the network promoting the show. I want to see Tom or Nicole, I wish they were being seen out there. I find them both delightful in interviews.

• Love 2

I noticed that, glad it's being promoted, but I don't understand why they'd use her when her contribution is so slight. My guess is it's driven more by her own agent pushing her than the network promoting the show. I want to see Tom or Nicole, I wish they were being seen out there. I find them both delightful in interviews.

Well, I think it's more that a) they are busy filming and b) they just don't want to. They both don't seem like people who like promoting themselves. Not good if one if an actor/actress and needs to put themselves "out there". But probably good for their personal sanity and privacy.

• Love 1

My point was precisely that Nikki is promoting herself and I'm not faulting her for that.   There was implied criticism of  the network being fairly passive in promoting the cast in light of the show's return but no issue with Tom and Nicole or the others for not being available, not even an assumption that were unavailable, merely the observation that they are a pleasure to watch when they do appear. 

• Love 1

My point was precisely that Nikki is promoting herself and I'm not faulting her for that.   There was implied criticism of  the network being fairly passive in promoting the cast in light of the show's return but no issue with Tom and Nicole or the others for not being available, not even an assumption that were unavailable, merely the observation that they are a pleasure to watch when they do appear.

What irritated me about Nikki's interviews is that she presented herself on the interviews as Tom's costar and then she presented herself as Ichabod's true partner.

She clearly doesn't understand the show she's on - and for some reason thinks she's the star? It's baffling to me given her lack of screen time. Also - Ichabod's dialogue about a true partner and better half was about ABBIE.

What the hell is Nikki Reed smoking? She's either confused or stupid?

• Love 4

This is an interesting quote from an article from about two weeks ago:

Sleepy Hollow's getting a greenlight for a fourth season might very well rest on the shoulders of Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie) who apparently died in the mid-season finale last year. Abbie's return, her growing romance with Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison), and what her absence (or return) could to the Mills' family reunion just might serve enough intrigue for the fans to keep watching until the end of the third season.

Read more at http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/27685/20160119/sleepy-hollow-season-abbies-fate-family-reunion-romance-ichabod-4th-season-renewal.htm#WLBXhmfsdATWriCJ.99

Altho why they have a picture of Orlando Jones & Len Wiseman from 2014 Comicon is a mystery.

Also in this article talking about mid-season premiere Campbell definitively states that Busty will NOT be coming to the present.  Thank Jeebus!

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/39-sleepy-hollow-39-postmortem-showrunner-talks-1358833742512182.html

This is an interesting quote from an article from about two weeks ago:

Altho why they have a picture of Orlando Jones & Len Wiseman from 2014 Comicon is a mystery.

I think it's a reasonable speculation, but I think the amount of information the writer has is kind of limited when their their source is "Christian Today's summary recap of the final," which links to two other articles, which don't say any such thing. I think they're guessing like the rest of us...

What irritated me about Nikki's interviews is that she presented herself on the interviews as Tom's costar and then she presented herself as Ichabod's true partner.

She clearly doesn't understand the show she's on - and for some reason thinks she's the star? It's baffling to me given her lack of screen time. Also - Ichabod's dialogue about a true partner and better half was about ABBIE.

What the hell is Nikki Reed smoking? She's either confused or stupid?

I can't bring myself to watch NR more than I have too - other than being totally confusaled about her importance in SH, does she come across as coherent and interesting?

(edited)

From Albert Kim's twitter page - the rest of the episodes are:

Episode 315: "Incommunicado"

Episode 316:  "Dawn's Early Light"

Episode 317: "Delaware"

Episode 318: "Ragnarok" (finale season? show?)*

*Season/show followed by question marks are my doing, not from anything Albert Kim tweeted. 

Edited by MissAlmond

From Albert Kim's twitter page - the rest of the episodes are:

Episode 315: "Incommunicado"

Episode 316:  "Dawn's Early Light"

Episode 317: "Delaware"

Episode 318: "Ragnarok" (finale season? show?)*

*Season/show followed by question marks are my doing, not from anything Albert Kim tweeted.

In Norse mythology, Ragnarok is the end of the world, i.e. Armageddon). Two people will shelter in the great Tree and when the battle is over, will repopulate the world.

Sorry, still having editing issues.

(edited)

I've been wondering since I saw Yggdrasil on Pandora's box if they were going to go Norse. It seems odd, since we know in this universe there are much older gods.

Edited by Julia

In the below article,  there's a question someone asked about why LEADS on shows don't do PR...and this just sounds toooooo much like Sleepy Hollow to me.  I don't doubt that Nicole and Tom are like "We're done getting the word out for this show."  Lol. 

http://tvline.com/2016/03/10/walking-dead-season-6-daryl-carol-spoilers/

Whoa - that sounds so like SH. Knew NB/TM didn't want to do promo/cons/etc. If they did - and wanted to get exposure - they would. Wonder what the verboten question was?

And the way the question was worded - again, so SH.

Whoa - that sounds so like SH. Knew NB/TM didn't want to do promo/cons/etc. If they did - and wanted to get exposure - they would. Wonder what the verboten question was?

And the way the question was worded - again, so SH.

I 100% believe that whomever asked the question was talking about Nicole and Tom.  And I'm like 99% sure that the TV Line writer is talking about them, in regards to two leads simply not wanting to do promotion for the show.  It just seems too on the nose!  I mean, the writer mentions that after the FIRST COUPLE of seasons, the leads decided they were done promoting the show.  Uh, Sleepy Hollow is in season three and Tom/Nicole promoting the show pretty much came to a halt AFTER season two.  Coincidence.......I'm thinking not.  Well, I guess we now know why they are always M.I.A.  Lol.

Edited by PaisleyPark
  • Love 1

>>Whoa - that sounds so like SH. Knew NB/TM didn't want to do promo/cons/etc. If they did - and wanted to get exposure - they would. Wonder what the verboten question was?<<

Twitter. LOL

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 1

>>Whoa - that sounds so like SH. Knew NB/TM didn't want to do promo/cons/etc. If they did - and wanted to get exposure - they would. Wonder what the verboten question was?<<

Twitter. LOL

Huh?  What do you mean "Twitter?"