Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: I Got You Babe

Rob and Ro go to London to reconnect with her estranged father; Tara and Rob begin renovating their home; Craig nurses a convalescent Brandon; Adonis worries that the strain of taking care of Erica's nephew will hurt their fragile relationship.

1) Rob and Ro….Still like them. Just don't have any comment beyond.."OK she went to see her dad." Not really invested in this part of their story.

2) Erika and Adonis. First of all, I wish Erika would stop saying ME and Adonis. UGH Second, I already think she has issues so the fact that she's bring her hen phew into her dysfunctional relationship doesn't' surprise me. I suppose if he needed a home she'd have to do it. But she actually thinks…well let's juts say she's more optimistic about how that might turn out than I am

3) Rob and Tara…I've had two homes remodeled and you better believe I was there when all demo was done. How the hell do you come home and an entire bathroom that should NOT have been torn out….is removed??

4) Craig and Brandon…..I wouldn't have looked at Brandon and thought he had gynecomastia. His chest looked to me like he just had developed pecs, and like that tissue was muscle. Heck -- Craig looks like he could have it. Craig did step up and take care of Brandon though. Oh and what DID Brandon have done to his face?

Doing my nails while watching so will be stuck watching Adonis and Erica rather than fast forwarding. 

Ro and Rob - Love how supportive Rob was with Ro. "Of course I'll go with you!" is exactly what I would expect to hear if I was her and that's what he said. Good job. The camera keeps showing her ring in various scenes and I have to say I love that ring! Ro and her dad are so similar, in the way they talk and the mannerisms. I'm glad the meeting at the tea shop with her dad went well.

Craig and Brandon - I too thought he just had developed pecs. I am happy he's getting the issue taken care of . Also to answer what did he have done to his face, he had some filler injected in his cheeks. Sidetone: I keep forgetting to mention that I think Brandon's mom looks like actress Cristine Rose (she was Angela Petrelli on Heroes and Ted's mom on HIMYM).

Adonis and Erica - Adonis is a douche. That's all I can say. Oh and seeing the gap between his gums and veneers made me wonder just how does he keep his mouth clean? Does he floss the gap?! I think the nephew going to Erica and Adonis was 100% for the show.

Realtor Rob and Tara - I can totally understand wanting either a new house or a complete remodel if I am now living in the house the other ex wives and sex partners lived in. If this is that house though I am then struck with the thought of, did the exes leave HIM because usually the man leaves and the woman has the house. But apparently this house is Rob's prized possession. If the plan was to stay in the one bedroom (where the bed was) why was that flooring ripped up too, with a completely made up bed on it? It doesn't seem right to me. I think, again, this was all something for the show. Production thought they needed drama that wasn't related to the family I guess (good thinking but this missed the mark).

• Love 1

I also find Brandon to be a very attractive man and I'm not a tattoo fan either. I thought he just had nice pecs too. I'm Glad Craig stepped up and took care of him.

I hope Ro's father is sincere about rebuilding a relationship with her and all that drama wasn't just for the camera's.

I felt bad for Erika's sister. How awful to have a disease and maybe not see your child grow up.

I thought it was sketchy too that they ripped out the bathroom in Rob and Tara's house. And Usually they put up a sheet of plastic between the rooms to keep dirt and dust out but they didn't do that. I would think there is more than one bathroom in that house.

• Love 2

I also find Brandon to be a very attractive man and I'm not a tattoo fan either. I thought he just had nice pecs too. I'm Glad Craig stepped up and took care of him.

Yeah, so I found it weird when he said that people look at Craig as the better-looking of the two and ask how Brandon landed him. Brandon is by far the more attractive one to me, both physically and personality-wise.

• Love 14

I've been avoiding this show because it's so phony and I hate half of the couples BUT I tuned in this week.

Tara- mmhmm. Manipulative, lying shrew. You told them to rip out the bathroom, hon. That way, you can stay in a "nice hotel", like you wanted to from the start. Like I said about your fake "panic attack"- you're a crappy actress. SO transparent.

Old Rob- anger was seeping through his pores, he saw through Tara. I caught a glimmer of abusive behavior there. I swear he was trying to keep himself from lashing out, be it physically or verbally.

• Love 4

Ro and Rob - Love how supportive Rob was with Ro. "Of course I'll go with you!" is exactly what I would expect to hear if I was her and that's what he said. Good job. The camera keeps showing her ring in various scenes and I have to say I love that ring! Ro and her dad are so similar, in the way they talk and the mannerisms. I'm glad the meeting at the tea shop with her dad went well.

Yeah, though the vibe I'm getting is Ro is going to have to be the one to keep the lines of communication open. I'm with Rob on side eyeing him. There is no excuse for leaving your child. I don't know what went on between Ro's parents, but it shouldn't have been taken out on Ro. Her father should've been begging her for forgiveness. He was way too cavalier for my liking.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 2

Well, he left; but what about trying to keep in touch through the years? Who know though, maybe he tried?

For Ro's peace of mind, maybe just keeping the connection will help heal.

Didn't she say that her mom was pretending to give her birthday cards from him, to shield Ro? Sounds like he really didn't try to keep the lines of communication open.

I thought it was sketchy too that they ripped out the bathroom in Rob and Tara's house. And Usually they put up a sheet of plastic between the rooms to keep dirt and dust out but they didn't do that. I would think there is more than one bathroom in that house.

There is and that was the "back" bathroom they showed. The one they planned to use while staying in the spare/guest room. It's all sketchy to me though.

• Love 2

Rochelle & Rob - they seem like a real & loving couple. Sure, their fights are CRAZY - but so are mine lol. They really support each other even if it doesn't always APPEAR that way. Like them a lot.

Brandon & Craig - love them. And I agree that Craig is a very good looking man - plus he's NEAT & CLEAN.

Erica & Ateefis - ugh. Hate them both.

The other 2 assholes - I don't even love to hate. They just suck as people - and they've combined forces to become ONE SUPER ASSHOLE POWER.

• Love 2

Tara- mmhmm. Manipulative, lying shrew. You told them to rip out the bathroom, hon. That way, you can stay in a "nice hotel", like you wanted to from the start. Like I said about your fake "panic attack"- you're a crappy actress. SO transparent.

THIS!!!! I was totally coming here to say that too.  She secretly told the contractors to rip that shit out while they were gone so she could go stay in a hotel lol  YOU KNOW IT!!!

And it was kinda interesting how she had absolutely NO OCD about this whole deal but Rob did.  I get why he did but if she's so OCD I would think she would have a tiny bit, specially with her 'rituals' which are all now thrown out the window.

• Love 6

Well, he left; but what about trying to keep in touch through the years? Who know though, maybe he tried?

For Ro's peace of mind, maybe just keeping the connection will help heal.

Maybe I missed it, but did Ro say whether or not her parents were ever married to each other? Otherwise, the impression I got was that Ro's father was married to someone else - "I have a family" - and had an affair with Ro's mother, resulting in Ro. It happens, and it would explain his cutting off all communication. Apologies to all concerned if I'm wrong.

The other 2 assholes - I don't even love to hate. They just suck as people - and they've combined forces to become ONE SUPER ASSHOLE POWER.

LOLOLOL - you are so right! That's exactly what they are!

• Love 1

THIS!!!! I was totally coming here to say that too. She secretly told the contractors to rip that shit out while they were gone so she could go stay in a hotel lol YOU KNOW IT!!!

And it was kinda interesting how she had absolutely NO OCD about this whole deal but Rob did. I get why he did but if she's so OCD I would think she would have a tiny bit, specially with her 'rituals' which are all now thrown out the window.

No kidding. Kimd of selective about her episodes, isn't she?

I liked or rather, thought Erica and Adonnis were OK this week. It was good to hear him reflect how how fucked up his father's life style was in his opinion in that he has all these children and baby mamas. Adonnis sure didn't sound like he approved as he was remembering his childhood. 

Now on the the cuteness that is Brandon and Craig. Craig is as frustrating in one episode  as he is adorably, funny in another.

I died laughing when he said, "What happened?!" in his talking head when referring to Brandon's face.

So superficial, he can't help it, but he was there, he came through. I was like, that's love, that's maturity.

Some more cuteness, is Rob and Ro. I still don't get what happened except he just wasn't strong enough and whoever his wife was then might have been giving him grief if he tried to reach out. And that to me is no excuse, I wouldn't want to be with anyone who thought it was OK for me to ignore my parental responsibilities and not spend time with my child. 

Are you kidding me with she called him for financial support when she wasn't sure she could any longer afford the next semester of college and he said what?  Something about I have a family now? Are fucking kidding me?  I mean meet with her or try to give her some ideas if you really don't have the money, but don't tell your child that you can't help her because of your family?   WTF is she? She came from you, It's just so hurtful and mean, his response. Anyway, I hope it works out for her, glad she's not as bitter as Rob and I were feeling on this matter.

Rob and Tara, I can't stand him. I can't stand the way he looks at her because I don't see love, I don't see enough warmth. Even Adonnis beats him on this. No matter how fucked up he and Erica seem, he looks at her on many an occasion with a warm smile even though those teeth and beard have to go. He still comes across as at least liking his wife. I can't say the same about Rob. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

Brandon & Craig - love them. And I agree that Craig is a very good looking man - plus he's NEAT & CLEAN.

Craig is the dirty-can't clean up after himself, Teddy Ruxpin looking one. Brandon is the one who had surgery and is the good looking one.

Maybe I missed it, but did Ro say whether or not her parents were ever married to each other? Otherwise, the impression I got was that Ro's father was married to someone else - "I have a family" - and had an affair with Ro's mother, resulting in Ro. It happens, and it would explain his cutting off all communication. Apologies to all concerned if I'm wrong.

LOLOLOL - you are so right! That's exactly what they are!

The "I have a family now" remark was made when she was in college, long after he left her as a young child. 

Edited by KarmaG

Craig is the dirty-can't clean up after himself, Teddy Ruxpin looking one. Brandon is the one who had surgery and is the good looking one.

Dammit. I'm an idiot lol. Thanks for the correction and hahaha @ Teddy Ruxpin, if THAT isn't an apt description, I don't know WHAT is.

• Love 2

I have a feeling that there may be more to the Ro/Dad backstory than we are being given

I actually think they've been pretty clear about it, we just don't know if Ro's parents were married. They've mentioned her dad having "demons" which is usually code for addiction and that he left her life and was in and out of it for years and that they finally hadn't spoken in about a decade (since asking for the money for college) and prior to that had minimal contact through the years.

I actually think they've been pretty clear about it, we just don't know if Ro's parents were married. They've mentioned her dad having "demons" which is usually code for addiction and that he left her life and was in and out of it for years and that they finally hadn't spoken in about a decade (since asking for the money for college) and prior to that had minimal contact through the years.

I agree…they are being a bit vague, but addiction sounds like it could be the reason. Ro being the result of an affair sounds like it could be a reason too, and her father's wife just "went along with it" until he had to share out money beyond child support or whatever. Whatever the circumstances, I hope he is sincere about wanting to rebuild a relationship with her. And I love how supportive Rob was of her and this journey. I love them in general, really. They seem the most grounded, despite those couple of intense arguments. I think they both are just trying to find their footing as a twenty-something married couple, trying to build their careers and a life in NY/NJ. And they seem to acknowledge the faults in their relationship and trying to work on them. I really wish them the best. 

Erica and Adonis were not completely gross this week, LOL. Although I really, REALLY hope there is a better option, it's really sweet that Erica wants to take care of her nephew if something happened to her sister, and Adonis seemed to be on board. I also agree with whomever said that Adonis doesn't seem to look back on his childhood favorably. His father is disgusting, his lifestyle is misogynistic, not polyamorous. Multiple women, multiple baby mama drama…the man has probably never even witnessed a loving, monogamous relationship. That's not an excuse for his past behavior, just an insight. So with that said, Erica has every right to have trust issues, but for the marriage to work, the effort has to come from BOTH sides…Adonis to really work at being faithful and true to Erica, and for Erica to work at trusting him and giving credit where credit is due. I don't have a lot a faith in them, but I see the chance, at least.

Rob and Tara make me uncomfortable. Yes she's a manipulative cow, but the amount of anger I see seeping out of those sun-damaged pores when she mentions her family or something is scary. Tasty Tara better stay young and hot (and I use ALL THREE of those terms loosely) for as long as possible, because I think the moment she steps out of his "Persian Princess" box, she's gonna be out that newly remodeled door. 

• Love 2

I feel like they're being vague on how the relationship was between when he left Ro and now. 

I always thought he left when she was 4 (or was it 6?) and then she never spoke or talked to him again.

but then we find out that she reached out to him for financial support in college... which to me seems out of the blue, so they must have had SOME minimal interaction between when she was 4/6 and in her late teens.  Otherwise, why do you just randomly reach out to someone asking them for probably a large amount of money if they were never a part of your life? 

• Love 1