Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Apparently during one of the various panels the QoD actresses had at DragonCon a fan asked Kristin directly about whether or not she thinks there had been something going (beyond friendship) between Regina and Maleficent in the past. There has to be a video out there because I have seen gifs of her answer on Tumblr.

But people are definitely reading way too much into her answer, which was mostly about how important it was for Maleficent that young Regina believed in her when she was at a point where she wa spretty much done and about how much she loves working with Lana Parrilla and the two of them just went ahead with the relationship as it worked for them.

Edited by RedKeep

Unless there's an actual word-for-word translation of what Kristin said, I'd assume it's just the fans over-reacting. However, this is one situation where I could actually believe that the actresses put in a little extra subtext into their scenes. I thought there was more chemistry between young Regina and Maleficent than there ever has been between Regina and Robin.

• Love 1

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzNV7F9y8LA

It's the first question asked.

Their panels crack me up. Kristin said that when she was walking with the staff she had it on the ground like a walking stick. She wasn't sure if that was right, so she asked Victoria and Merrin if she should do that or hold it steady above the ground. Merrin told her "Hold it steady. You're not fucking Gandalf." And they burst out laughing during the take.

Edited by Writing Wrongs

I noticed when rewatching the pilot last night that their image of "Camelot" is awfully similar to the castle where Snow and Charming were living before the curse (George's castle). Both seem to have Neuschwanstein as the core, with the color changed slightly and stuff added on, and they're both the same color and seem to be a similar configuration. I wonder if the image in the teaser is actually going to be the Camelot from the show or if they just grabbed the image of George's castle and called it Camelot for the poster. Because, hey, it's a fancy castle. Close enough.

Unless there's an actual word-for-word translation of what Kristin said, I'd assume it's just the fans over-reacting. However, this is one situation where I could actually believe that the actresses put in a little extra subtext into their scenes. I thought there was more chemistry between young Regina and Maleficent than there ever has been between Regina and Robin.

I too could buy into a relationship between Maleficent and Regina and see the chemestry between Lana and Kristin and she confirms that they adore working together and it shows. The issue that I see rising from her answer is that it was not direction given by Adam and Eddie but something that she and Lana went with themselves.  I would be fine if Regina dumped Robin and went with Maleficent and they became the new it couple on Once.  I think the characters are similar and had regard for each other.  But somehow I keep thinking this is going to blowback on JMO.  Many think  JMO is the one who is stopping the true pairing of SQ whereas Lana would be fine with it -one of the reasons that JMO gets more hate. I see chemistry between Lana and JMO but generally only when they are more oppositional and snarking - personally LP and JMO have always come across as being professional with each other but not really great friends.  I just can't buy into the story that Regina and Emma would get together - even if in cannon they were both lesbian or bi - because in the story there is too much abuse and harm from Regina for Emma.

• Love 10

I'd like to play somebody not nice. Somebody disturbed.

Does Sean not realize that Robin literally does not care that Regina tortured Roland's mother and then slept with Regina in a crypt while that same mother was slowly dying on a bed of ice? Because that's somebody pretty disturbed and he should embrace Robin's disturbed personality.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3

I don't blame him. The writers must tell him him "Robin is a man with a code, honorable, blablabla" and ask him to play him that way. Then they write the absolute bullshit that you mentioned. What is he supposed to do or say? 

• Love 5

Actually, you're in luck!

Sprinkles Cupcakes ‏@sprinkles  12h12 hours ago

@brock_fran We can put a spell on any of our current cupcake assortment to make it 'Once Upon A Time' special! No new flavor for this promo.

• Love 1

New TV Line article that gives a little bit more info.  I'm a bit glad to hear A&E say of Killian: "He is hell-bent on saving Emma, so he is going to be quite active over the first 10 episodes."  I don't need details, because I do like some surprise when watching the episodes, but I DO want to know he's going to be front, center, and very involved over this first half.  

• Love 2

I'm a bit glad to hear A&E say of Killian: "He is hell-bent on saving Emma, so he is going to be quite active over the first 10 episodes."

I don't want to burst your bubble, but A&E usually lie a lot in their interviews, and real lies, not just misdirections. So I would believe that when I see it.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

^ Clearly they're setting up Pocahontas for 5b.

I have no idea. Now I'm trying to think of disney movies with compasses in them. Peter Pan? Sailing stuff? The return of Hansel and Gretel? Maybe they just put it on there to make it look prettier.

Robin still doesn't have any legs.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
Now I'm trying to think of disney movies with compasses in them.

A compass features quite predominately in Pirates of the Caribbean. The compass pointed towards what the holder wanted most. That would be an interesting item to show up in Rumple's shop.

Once kind of used that idea with the compass in Season 2 that Emma got from Tiny and which Snow and Emma used to get home.

Edited by kili

Twitter released their stats on "Fall Premiere Buzz". OUAT is in the top 5 most tweeted about fall shows. It's number 5, after Grey's, Supernatural, TWD, and TVD. It's gone way up compared to the 2014 rank, which was 10. It seems weird to me that this year's premiere would have more buzz than last year's Frozen?

Maybe because of the Dark Swan stuff, mixed with Camelot? I think that's a pretty solid mix. I actually feel like there were more split opinions concerning Frozen taking over Once compared to the Dark Swan stuff (as far as I've seen). And I haven't really seen many who have a problem with Once tackling Camelot. Camelot's a pretty big deal. I wonder what the ratings will be like for the premiere. I don't think it'll beat Frozen's numbers, but hopefully it does better than 4b's premiere (which was a 2.2, wasn't it?)

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I doubt it has anything to do with content.  And that's why I think Adam interacts on Twitter so much, regardless of the insanity.  Maybe he did more of that this year than last year.  The scene they released from the premiere quite early on a few weeks back was perfect bait for SQ and CS fanatics.  I think the audience numbers themselves went up for 4A because of Frozen, but last year, the new people trying because of Frozen would be less inclined to tweet about it.

Edited by Camera One

Made me think that they missed the boat by using the Sheriff of Nottingham instead of Prince James last season.

Good point.

Plus, it would have given Dallas something to do, as well as driving the fandom into a froth when the pictures leaked.

• Love 2

With the premiere coming next week, shouldn't the publicity appearances be starting? I checked the TV listings for Kimmel next week (since it's on the same network and would be an obvious choice), but they aren't listing guests at all. Any word on that show, Good Morning America, etc.?

Yes, I think so... GMA asked for question for the cast like back in August, LOL. They usually also do Live with Kelly and Michael. I'm guessing they'll book someone last minute on those shows, depending on which actors are free from filming

I'm not sure where else to ask this question, but it's sort of media related, so I'm going here.

Since the first episode was evidently shown to entertainment reporters, does anyone know what causes shows to do that?  I mean, I know it's for publicity, but is it something they do when they're especially confident, or especially desperate, or financially strapped, or why they chose to do it some years and not others?