Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

I haven't seen this show since end of Frozen but I was doing some analytics work about comic-con and came across the Twitter Reverb data that had Once as the most tweeted tv show. Thought people would find it interesting that the 3 major influencers driving that were @twittertv (the biggest one), @onceabc and @colinodonoghue1. 

ETA: Forgot source

https://blog.twitter.com/2015/a-look-back-at-this-year-s-comic-con

Where do you see what the main influencers were?

Where do you see what the main influencers were?

You have to click on the interactive circle chart thing. If you click on Once's purple circle, it brings up the three main influencers.

You have to click on the interactive circle chart thing. If you click on Once's purple circle, it brings up the three main influencers.

Thanks, Curio! Brilliant!

(edited)

I think Ginny looks gorgeous with the lavender hair, I wish they'd just chalk it up to "because, um, magic," and let her keep it on the show.

From what I've seen from CC, Robert and Emilie went in determined not to get blindsided by questions like they were last year.

As we've been talking on the Writer's thread, there's obviously a gap between the way the actors see their characters and the way their characters come across last year, and I think it was evident last year in their reaction to the "abuse" question in terms of Rumbelle - because it's clearly not how they perceive that relationship.

This time around, they were not particularly forthcoming in the sit-down interviews. They weren't rude, they answered questions in appropriate generalities given that they have no clue where their storylines are going - but Robert was obviously clowning around with Emilie as a distraction, to the point where he was volunteering that he wanted Belle to be the new Dark One so she could "tease Rumpel with the dagger" and so on, and she was happy to play along.

But about the only thing the interviewer got out of them was that they spent the better part of a day working on the dance scene and wished more than 10 seconds of it had made it to air.   

It's just interesting watching the different actors navigate the choppy waters A&E have thrust them into as the series has worn on.

Edited by Amerilla

Adam hinted on Twitter that somebody from Once will be at the D23 Expo this August (it's a Disney thing). Coincidentally, it's the same weekend as the Teen Choice Awards. Which Jen, and Jen & Colin, are nominated for.

Must. Not. Read. Into. Things. And. Get. Overexcited.

(edited)

Adam hinted on Twitter that somebody from Once will be at the D23 Expo this August (it's a Disney thing). Coincidentally, it's the same weekend as the Teen Choice Awards. Which Jen, and Jen & Colin, are nominated for.

Must. Not. Read. Into. Things. And. Get. Overexcited.

Ginny is the more likely candidate I think, she does voice over work, is Snow White, obsessed worth Disney and a club 33 member.

Eta: real membership status

Edited by Delphi

Yes, I noticed they're having a panel for Ginny's animated movie at D23! She's not listed as a guest there yet, but if they add her it's possible she could pull double duty! And like Souris said, if Jen and Colin go to the TCA they'll be already there. Considering this last weekend proved how much noise Oncers can make on social media, I think ABC would be really stupid not to send the actors to one of those award shows.

• Love 1

I thought I had pre-ordered the wrong ones because they were down to 9.99.  They also have a delivery date for October 12 on Amazon and this is with standard shipping.

When I ordered mine a couple of minutes ago the release date was October 4th.  

When I ordered mine a couple of minutes ago the release date was October 4th.  

I was talking about the shipping date, not the release date.  I went into this expecting to get them for Christmas or something.  And I was going to order just one doll until I saw they were half off, so I got two instead.

In that case, it must not be! :)

This tired, overworked web producer thought maybe Amazon's tired, overworked web producer made an oopsie on the price. (Funny enough, Amazon's head of global innovations was my Vice President for three consecutive Black Fridays. I'm pretty sure the Prime Day was his idea). That said, I got me a Hook and Emma as well. Still deciding on Snow and Charming, but I'll probably cave and get them

• Love 1

I doubt there was ever even a chance that they would be there. The TCAs inform people ahead of time that they're going to "win" and by win, I mean "Your studio paid us more money than the other ones so you could win." ABC just spends their marketing dollars in other ways instead.

• Love 1

Lana and Ginny are going to D23 with Adam and Eddy. That makes me think Jen and Colin won't be attending the TCA.

That was my first assumption. Then I thought, well, maybe that means Jen & Colin (or just Jen) ARE going to the TCAs and they didn't want to make them do something on both their days off. Given that Ginny's animated movie is going to be at D23, she was going to be there anyway. But why Lana instead of Jen, since they'll be promoting Dark Swan? I find that odd.

I don't know. They have to pay for their hotel/plane/etc, why pay for 4 when you can pay for 2? Also, Jen's home is in LA and she's there every other weekend, I think she would be going if she were available. But who knows?

(edited)

Ginny and Lana are going because Disney is releasing a Snow White and Evil Queen doll collection.

“Once Upon a Time” Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection (Limited Edition of 300, $129.95)
Inspired by ABC Studios’ television series “Once Upon a Time,” this collection brings to life the beauty, magic and charm of the iconic fairy tale characters from the show. Exclusively available at Disney Store at D23 EXPO.
Edited by Curio
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ginny and Lana are going because Disney is releasing a Snow White and Evil Queen doll collection.

I have the perfect tag line.  "Re-enact all 557 ways The Evil Queen used to try to kill Snow White!"

Here's the script for the ad:

Mom: What's happening to Snow today?

Child: Ka-boom!  [throws match at Snow White doll]

Mom: That's what you get for kidnapping children!

Voiceover: And get the very special Regina Cheerleader kit!  Available for a limited time!

Dolls of Henry/Emma/Snowing doing cheerleading routine: We know you're the very best / Regina's with us this quest / She knows magic black and white / She kills people out of spite / Yayyyyyyyy Regina!

Voiceover: And this kit comes with your very own Enchanted Forest Easy-Bake Oven.

Child: Mom, you want to eat some lasagna?

Mom: If it's made by Regina, yes I do! 

Brother: With gravy!

Dad: With butter!

Voiceover: Great for the entire family.  [family takes turns stomping on Snow doll]

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

Ok, it's been a week, but I was finally able to watch the Nerd HQ Mystery Panel. Warning: this may need to be moved to the Hearts and Unicorn Stickers thread. Once again, I'm reminded of what a funny, smart, talented cast we have here.

Highlights:

• Flynn Rider and Captain Hook on the same stage. I mean, come on
  • Colin being more talkative and adorable than I've ever seen him
  • Colin's wedding band story; as a veteran of Irish Catholic weddings, I feel his pain.
  • Jen's film-making advice to the fan
  • Josh being adorable and snarky
  • "You work hard, Jennifer...Buy the baaaag!".
  • Overall, this panel shows how well those three know and like each other.

I love them. I'm a dork.

• Love 6

I love the NerdHQ panels. I side-eyed a bit of the organization and fundraising issues they had in the past, but it's undeniable that they're much more focused and you get more out of the actors than regular Comic Con. Bonus, there are no absurd lines to get there.

(edited)

Ok, it's been a week, but I was finally able to watch the Nerd HQ Mystery Panel. Warning: this may need to be moved to the Hearts and Unicorn Stickers thread. Once again, I'm reminded of what a funny, smart, talented cast we have here.

Highlights:

• Flynn Rider and Captain Hook on the same stage. I mean, come on
  • Colin being more talkative and adorable than I've ever seen him
  • Colin's wedding band story; as a veteran of Irish Catholic weddings, I feel his pain.
  • Jen's film-making advice to the fan
  • Josh being adorable and snarky
  • "You work hard, Jennifer...Buy the baaaag!".
  • Overall, this panel shows how well those three know and like each other.
I love them. I'm a dork.
I am in love with that Mystery Panel, honest! It was nice and low-key and so funny. Love the cast! "I ship it!" Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 2

I'm not sure if it belongs there, but I've seen someone tweeting this to Adam asking why it was cut (he said he doesn't remember). I'm sure if they had left it in someone would have said Robin was sexually harassing her, but this is the first time I've seen him have something resembling a personality and it made me laugh.

even if that personality is slightly sleazeball-ish.

I don't know, but him staring at Regina's ass while she walked away in 3B was a bit pervy (the bold and audacious episode).  I guess he was being bold and audacious. When Robin grows old, he will be that uncle people roll their eyes at and glare at because he's telling dirty jokes with children present at the table.

• Love 1
(edited)

Eh, I don't really care if the dialog is appropriate or particularly smart. If I didn't like tongue-in-cheek cheesy moments, I would have quit this show a long time ago. In fact, I wish they'd do more of that. When it stops trying to be a Disney Masterpiece and starts making fun of itself, it can really be enjoyable. There's a lot of laughing from unintentional humor whenever I watch it. Some of it is comedy gold.

(Of course I usually laugh at the poor writing, characterization and consistency...)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

If I didn't like tongue-in-cheek cheesy moments, I would have quit this show a long time ago. In fact, I wish they'd do more of that. When it stops trying to be a Disney Masterpiece and starts making fun of itself, it can really be enjoyable. 

I agree, except for the occasional times where the show needs to be serious (i.e. The Shattered Sight Spell) and it turns what should be an awful situation into a Marx Brothers slapstick comedy hour.

• Love 4
(edited)

Matt Mitovich from TVLine posted his wishes for season 5 (no spoilers, I don't think).

I mostly agree with him. But I was thinking Once must bring mad traffic to the site if they're willing to those these kinds of articles with - I'm sorry - zero journalistic value. 

EDIT: Enjoy an official Once/General Hospital mashup where some GH chick calls Regina an evil skank.

Edited by Serena

I wouldn't be surprised. Matt has been a big supporter of Once and they even had him do the TVLine interview at Comic Con instead of Ausiello. There's a reason he's constantly covering the show and it's not just because he's a fan.

And that mash up video was awesome!