Type keyword(s) to search

Legion in the Media

Not sure if this is really the place for this, but Monday night Dan Stevens appeared on The Late Late Show with James Corden alongside Patrick Stewart, and floated the possibility of a guest appearance since David Haller is Charles Xavier's son. I don't know if the showrunners are keeping that bit of canon as the character is so different from his comic book origins, but I'm just saying a Patrick Stewart appearance wouldn't hurt the ratings any.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Not sure if this is really the place for this, but Monday night Dan Stevens appeared on The Late Late Show with James Corden alongside Patrick Stewart, and floated the possibility of a guest appearance since David Haller is Charles Xavier's son. I don't know if the showrunners are keeping that bit of canon as the character is so different from his comic book origins, but I'm just saying a Patrick Stewart appearance wouldn't hurt the ratings any.

I've read two differing pieces of info on this. On the one hand in an interview at comic con in a panel Hawley said that Legion was def Xavier's son, that it was a piece of canon they had to use, but in another article I read one of the heads of the X-men movie franchise said that there wouldn't be any continuity with the tv show. So I don't know if this means they changed their tune or if Hawley plans to keep prof X but make the tv shows separate from the X-men cinematic universe (XCU?) the way DC does. 

edit: new epsidoe tonight! SQUEE!

Edited by PatternRec
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I don't have cable but started watching this show over the weekend; does anyone know when it comes out on Hulu?  I take it the show airs on FX on Wednesday nights, but not sure if I should stay up a little late to catch it on Hulu, or if it'll not be available till later sometime Thursday.

Edit: Well, answered my own question; in smaller print the Hulu site says "New episodes of Legion will be available on Hulu 4 days after they air on FX.".  That's crazy, who can be expected to wait that much longer?!? :)

Edited by hincandenza
Answered my own question
(edited)

@hincandenza no clue 

And as far as Legion in the media goes, I love this show, and I understand that a lot of sci-fi/comic fans love having cute names for their groups, but if it becomes official that fans are called "Legionnaires," as is inevitable, I'm rage-quitting the internet and moving to Canada. And by Canada I mean @Tara Ariano's and @David T. Cole's guest house in Hawaii. And they'd better have good wifi because I'm sure as hell not quitting the internet.

Unrelated, are there squatter's right in Hawaii? I'm asking for a friend. 

Edited by PatternRec
  • Love 2

For anyone interested in a S1 re-watch before S2 begins, FX is beginning repeats in the wee hours of Wed. night/Thurs. morning, March 8th.

Schedule is a little erratic. Bless DVRs. So far, it's showing:

3/8 - Ep1

3/9 - Ep 2

3/12 - Ep 3

3/15 - Ep 4 & 5

Times vary; all late night/early morning.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Aubrey Plaza said on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert that she would be riding a horse nude in an upcoming episode of Legion.

I saw her on Colbert.  Watching her try to explain what the show and her character were about was kind of funny.  But she did a good job with it.

Even in "real life", she has a kind of strange, weird vibe to her.  She was well cast, and really is one of the best parts of the show.  Strange to think she could get written out at any time.

Aubrey Plaza is going to appear in the next episode of Snoop Dogg's The Joker's Wild this Sunday. As an aside, I love that Aubrey's twitter handle is "evilhag."

Any word on renewal?

Heard that ratings really dropped off since the first season.

FX usually sticks with prestige shows but their patience may have limits.

OTOH, they may want to keep Hawley happy to do more Fargo.

Hey.....I had no idea Dan Stevens was English !

There is a good interview with him here - he talks a bit about the various time lines of David ( the homeless man, rich man , etc )

Not sure if you're joking about now knowing he was British, but for a lot of us he was first known as the romantic lead in Downton Abbey when that show was at its height of popularity. :) He had a bit more meat on his bones back then.

(Another poster pointed out that his American accent sounds just like (British) Hugh Laurie doing HIS American accent, and now I can't unhear it.)