Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: It's All Gravy

At Thanksgiving time, Ro calls her estranged father; Brandon feels like a third wheel when Craig's friend, Crystal, pays a visit; Adonis convinces Erica to invite his father back into their lives; Rob refuses to spend Thanksgiving with Tara's family.

I'm not understanding Rob's aversion to Tara's family. Thanksgiving is a family time and if they are that close geographically, why not spend a few hours with them? He seems so rigid. Although it doesn't sound like his first intro to her family was the best decision on Tara's part. I just want to say, life's too short -- go with the flow.

Glad that Brandon and Craig worked things out.

Edited by Thumper
(edited)

NJ Rob and Ro: Loved their first segment. It's easy to forget they've been a couple for 7 yrs when they fight the way they do (on screen). Cute kitchen scene in second segment. Comparing the dog to the turkey to estimate the turkey size, instead of googling. Sounds like something my husband would do. Going by the clock in their stove, that turkey only cooked for little over an hour (and she said on 375*). No way it was done all the way through. I believe it was that brown, being right under the broiler but no way there weren't undercooked turkey bits. The meat on their plate looked pretty pink to me. I don't need the couple cam after sex chat scenes, thanks. Poor Ro, I hate waiting for phone calls (hate talking on the phone to begin with) but I especially hate waiting for those kind of calls. I also notice, when Ro listens to the voicemail that production blurred out the clocks on the stove and microwave so we wouldn't know just how late that call was. However they weren't quite good enough. I had to rewind to check something else and noticed right before she said she got a voicemail the time isn't blurred on the stove. It says 11:37. The conversation with her dad was kind of sad. I really hope he can get his stuff together and be in her life. I do like that he made sure to mention how much he appreciates Ro's mom and the job she did parenting Ro.

Craig and Brandon: Funny that Craig, the fitness expert/guru. is getting love handles and his husband doesn't care. Brandon just wishes Craig would make the damn bed!! That made me laugh. Side note: I watched a clip of theirs on Bravo.com and they talk about Cristal and reveal that she is their assistant in one of their businesses, Fit and Phab. She's not just Craig's bestie. I did not like in the second segment where Craig shuts Brandon down. He's revealing his feelings to you. I bet in two episodes from now we'll hear Craig complain about Brandon NOT sharing his feelings. Had to laugh again when Brandon compared the living situation while Cristal was in town to a bad 80s sitcom. I wanted to smack Craig, though, when he says, as he sits in between them, "You should take the opportunity to hang out and get to know each other". Love the bonding Brandon and Cristal did at the nail salon.

Adonis and Erica: I'm tired of the "I hate his dad. His dad is the reason he's such a douchebag. If his dad wasn't in the picture he wouldn't cheat on me" storyline. His dad wasn't holding his dick when he was putting it into those other chics. Not when he was screwing prostitutes, not when he was screwing random chics off the street. Stop blaming his dad. His dad can be with multiple women if he chooses, it truly has nothing to do with how his son behaves. Since that was their intro segment tonight, I fast forwarded. I'm done with them.

Realtor Rob and Tara: Who makes shakes while still wearing their suit jacket? Don't most take them off when they walk in the door? And if you already went to one Thanksgiving dinner at their house why are you speculating as to what Tara's mom would serve? You've already seen it!! Tara, grow a set and tell your new husband that if YOU want to attend dinner with your family (even if it's not Thanksgiving) that you will. Stop playing middle guy who holds no blame. You blame Rob when talking to your parents, you blame Persian culture when talking to Rob. It's you. You, not acting like a damn adult with her own decision making abilities. If they don't move away from this storyline this show will only have two couples that I watch.

ETA: Thanks to the site not liking me this morning, this submitted before I was ready so have to edit a couple of things.

Edited by KarmaG
  • Love 2

Tara better get used to Rob not wanting to be around her family. I know the type of guy he is; stubborn, chip on shoulder. If he's felt he's been wronged by someone, her parents, her two sisters, he's never going to forget and not give an inch.

Do Adonis and Erica work? I know he was in jail for something. I doubt he makes any money as a comedian, he's not funny.

Hope things work out for Craig and Brandon with the baby making.

I thought it was cute that Ro and Rob made their own Thankgiving meal together.

Don't like Rob and Ro. Their fights are not amusing, but border on abusive. They'll have to grow up if they want to stay married. And for gawd's sake, Show, please don't ever again include a Post-Sex Cam segment. Please. Ro's talking to her father was nice, though.

Erica and Adonis are ridiculous. They  have zero chance of staying married unless she chooses to turn her head and look the other way while he goes on being single whenever she's out of his sight.

That Tara is a right freak, isn't she? Let's see: She and her husband got together through an affair when she'd been married only a few months. They are from two entirely different cultures and her family hates him because he banged their daughter while she was married to someone else, but he wants to pretend he doesn't understand why they hate him. He's an arrogant little troll and she's fruity as a nutcake. The only thing they have in common is sex. Oh, and apparently she likes girls and threesomes, too. Yeah, that's gonna work great.

Brandon was more than justified at confronting Craig over the Cristal situation. When Craig said something about having both a husband *and* a wife, he wasn't joking and Brandon knew it. Craig will have to be willing to put Brandon first and stop trying to have it all. Cristal is not his wife and she's not his sister. You don't make babies with your sister. Cristal IS a threat to their relationship because Craig puts her first, not Brandon, whenever she's around, and he's going to have to change that if he wants to keep his marriage to Brandon.

I will say that this show is a lot more entertaining that most of the other reality things on these days!

• Love 7

Realtor Rob and Tara: Who makes shakes while still wearing their suit jacket? Don't most take them off when they walk in the door? And if you already went to one Thanksgiving dinner at their house why are you speculating as to what Tara's mom would serve? You've already seen it!! Tara, grow a set and tell your new husband that if YOU want to attend dinner with your family (even if it's not Thanksgiving) that you will. Stop playing middle guy who holds no blame. You blame Rob when talking to your parents, you blame Persian culture when talking to Rob. It's you. You, not acting like a damn adult with her own decision making abilities. If they don't move away from this storyline this show will only have two couples that I watch.

Ugh, exactly. Tara is so weak it's embarrassing. I can't even with Rob's pettiness. First he's salty that her parents didn't shower them with gifts, which is ridiculous considering how they got together, and also, this is his third marriage and Tara's second. I doubt they needed any more shit they didn't already have. Now it's oh, your sisters didn't come to the wedding. Who.cares? He's a controlling, petty asshole. Tara should've went to Thanksgiving with her family and leave Rob to have his "All-American" Thanksgiving.

I don't even bother paying attention to Adonis and Erica. Her voice alone makes it difficult to concentrate. It's the same shit every week with those two.

• Love 5

Do Adonis and Erica work? I know he was in jail for something. I doubt he makes any money as a comedian, he's not funny.

Good question.  I'd like to know where they get their money.  Their house/condo is amazing-- it is so beautiful with that giant window overlooking the lake.  I'd like to know how they can afford that, especially since he's been in jail.  Not to mention his Lambos.  And a private salsa instructor?  They're the only couple we've seen without jobs.  

Everything about Adonis is just so repulsive to me I hate looking at his face. 

• Love 8

I gave Erica credit for remaining straight-faced and polite while she was being lectured (no other word for it) on the need for women to let men be men and free themselves from cultural straitjackets and spirituality and whatever balderdash.

That old fart that is Adonis' father is so vain that he even has women at his age that he wants everyone to know. That may be acceptable to some, but I'm with Erica: keep me away from it.

What does she see in that guy? Unemployed, untalented, funny looking, criminal record. Plus, his "act" is a bunch of complaints about her.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 3

If Rob doesn't want to go to family functions then Tara needs to go by herself.  There's no reason she needs to pull away from her family.  Her mom was crying and her dad had tears in his eyes!

Sounds like the sisters are also holding a grudge though.  Tara says she met Rob a couple months after she was married.  Do we know how long until she got divorced?  When her and Rob got married she said "this is the 2nd time in two years that I've been married"  so technically it could seem that her and Rob were together as a couple for well over a year before they got married.  Which is probably fast for someone Tara's age (if she's truly in her 20s) but not really for Rob.  So if her sisters are holding a grudge over a year and a half then maybe them and Rob need to have a little sit down and hash things out. 

I cried when Ro was talking to her dad... I think his awesome accent made it even worse.  How can you be mad at a dude with that accent!?

• Love 1

Who knows how long Tara and her ex were together before getting married? Maybe her family absolutely loved the guy. I just do not get why Rob is so offended that her family was not jumping for joy over her leaving her new husband for a man with three young kids who has been married 2 (or 3) time before.

Also, Rob went on and on about having his "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner and then we see him and Tits at a freaking restaurant eating in a room of strangers. 

• Love 4

He's a controlling, petty asshole. Tara should've went to Thanksgiving with her family and leave Rob to have his "All-American" Thanksgiving.

The thing is she is an adult...she could have done both.  Have her "traditional" Thanksgiving with her husband and then gone to her parent's Thanksgiving.  It's not about the food...even if she didn't eat much at her parents place, she could still visit with the family.  Obviously she doesn't want to piss him off.  It is pretty telling that he is pretty much saying there is no chance in hell that he will ever forgive them for any slights they threw his way and most of all for any money they owe him.  No wonder this is his 3rd marriage when there is no room for him ever to compromise.  There's got to be more than great sex for a marriage to work.  And who is to say she wouldn't cheat again since she did it so easily the first time after only a few months.

• Love 2

I am willing to bet that part of the agreement that deigns a woman with a relationship with sun-damaged Rob is a requirement for a new set of bolt on boobs. He just seems like the type to pony up the dough for fake titty balls and play it off as a present. He is a ridiculous man child. The circumstances of his relationship with his ""Persian princess" (BARF) were shocking to any culture. I don't blame her sisters for not attending the wedding because to be quite honest, this marriage is not going to last long. Rob tallys up "slights" and WILL tear Tara away from her family. Big baby needs to be #1!!! Didn't he mention not having contact with his mother? Now, I think that distancing oneself from a parent that is narcissistic or harming is one thing, but methinks that the reason that Rob doesn't talk to his mom is probably over a perceived slight, i.e. - She didn't get him the clown he wanted for his 39th birthday party. It really made me sad to see Tara's mom crying, but this is a situation that her daughter has created through her manipulation and deception and out right terrible choices.

• Love 3

I gave Erica credit for remaining straight-faced and polite while she was being lectured (no other word for it) on the need for women to let men be men and free themselves from cultural straitjackets and spirituality and whatever balderdash.

Oh man, I can't.To each their own, but she and all her sisterwives and her freaky "husband" skeeve me out.  Good for Erica trying to have a family dinner and Adonnis telling pops to keep comments on his lifestyle to himself. If they are going to have any interaction, this is how it will have to be. Therefore, I don't think the wife will be torturing Erica with anymore details. I don't think she was aware before they sat down to dinner and got a final warning from Adonnis that, that was the rule.

But at any rate, I still can't with this couple.

I'm only watching this show for two couples, Ro/Rob and Craig/Brandon. 

I can't take Tara/Rob either.

Whoever wrote that she could have had dinner with her husband and then gone to her parents/sisters afterwards, got it right.  But Rob just seems like a prick to me and clearly he comes off as not just hating on them for whatever they may have done when they first met him, but he just seems to thumb his nose at their culture. Sorry, I don't think he loves his wife, he doesn't care about the culture in which she was raised or the parts of it that she may love. He just doesn't get who she is and does seem to really want to know. But in his defense, I'm not sure his wife knows who the hell she is. She seems like she's all over the place, which is why she attracted a prick like him.

Yeah, like I said, I can't.

Next week, I think I saw Rob/Ro go to London? She's going to meet her dad? I hope he doesn't stand her up.  He does have such a loving, comforting sounding voice on the phone.

Edited by represent
  • Love 2

Okay, speaking of monumental misnomers - Erica and Adonis have got to be the two saddest people I've ever seen on this show. HER VOICE. HIS TEETH. Now that I've gotten that out of my system - I agree with whomever it was that said Erica's trying to keep him monogamous by trying to control his Dad. Yeah, that relationship will implode PDQ. Yiiiiiiikes.

Brandon and Craig are really cute, but that Cristal situation is a bit strange, and appeared to resolve itself rather quickly. 

Rob and Ro - They clearly have a genuine relationship, and despite their fight from last week, nothing was sweeter than watching Rob's expression as he listened to Ro take the phone call from her father. I hope those two crazy kids make it, I really truly do. And if they decide to have kids, I bet they'll be adorbs. 

Rob and Tara - as someone who is and has dealt with narcissists and other weird familial situations, this does not really appear to be the case here. Rob actually scared me when he was talking about how he'll never get past her sisters not attending his wedding. He is super controlling and he definitely seems to have an abusive side to him too. I hope Tara resolves her situation and that this marriage dissolves without injuries to any party.

• Love 2

Love Rob and Ro.  Hope they make it work.

Also love Brandon and Craig.  It's nice to see that Brandon opened his mind to the idea of using Crystal as a surrogate.  I'm still not sure it's a good idea, but it's good that he's at least open to exploring the idea.

Adonis and Erica.  I got nuthin'.  I truly do not care about these two fools.  I really want Adonis to shave that crap off of his face (and I say this as someone who begged my husband to grow a beard), but I'm scared at the same time to see what is underneath all that pubic hair mess.

Rob and Tara.  The reason I am posting.  I too am a Persian married to an all-American boy.  Tara infuriates me.  She does not need to go and tell her parents every bad thing Rob says about them to them!  That's not helping!  She also does not need to go and tell Rob every thing that her parents say about him!  That really is not helping!  She totally is pitting the two sides against each other and it will not end well.  I do believe that my parents wish we would see them every week.  We do not, but we still do make time to spend time together and I would never dream of shunning my parents on Thanksgiving!  If Tara is going to give in on this stuff now, she will have to give in on this stuff for the rest of their lives together (although based on what I'm seeing, that shouldn't be long).  Also, it is abundantly clear to me that Rob simply does not like Persians.  If this were 1980 and there was a hostage crisis going on, he would be one of those ugly Americans who treated all the Persians in America so badly (the Persians who were escaping the same oppressive regime that took the hostages!).  I really really dislike him.  Don't get me wrong, my husband and I giggle over Persian customs all the time (I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in taking oneself so seriously), but at the end of the day, he is always polite to my family and respectful of my culture.  Ugh, I really just can't stand Rob and people like  him who thinks his broken all-American family is so superior.  Maybe he could learn a thing or two about family from Tara's family.

• Love 3

Also, it is abundantly clear to me that Rob simply does not like Persians.  If this were 1980 and there was a hostage crisis going on, he would be one of those ugly Americans who treated all the Persians in America so badly (the Persians who were escaping the same oppressive regime that took the hostages!).

This is essentially where I was coming from when I said he doesn't care about her culture and doesn't seem to want to know anything about it.  That essentially he doesn't really love her. Those are her parents, they are Persian, she is Persian, he would like the separate these facts, but they can't be separated. 

Yeah, I really was hinting on him not liking Persians. I'm not part of this group, but I'm part of a minority group and although I'm aware that I might be overly sensitive at times, I still can't help when someone's behavior makes me feel like there may be some ethnic/racial bias going on.

Sorry, that's how he makes me feel.

So where others might see him as just being upset because her parents were rude to him when Tara first brought him around and/or her parents owe him money, and that seems to be all true, I get an underlining feeling from him that the bias goes deeper than that. I think he definitely solidified this for me when he said he wants an American Thanksgiving. No, no, not good.  My parents were immigrants, so at our Thanksgivings we had the turkey, cranberry sauce, but we also had some of the ethnic dishes that they grew up eating. That too is an American Thanksgiving Rob because America was built by immigrants.

And Tara did say that her sister, because I think the dinner was going to be at her sisters, would have Turkey etc... Her family is trying, her parents came over for lunch, they don't expect her to leave her husband at home, I don't even think they want that. They want to try and gel the family together because they love their daughter. Yes, the sisters didn't go to the wedding, they can't change that now, but he apparently was going to be welcomed in the sister's home now as part of the family for Thanksgiving. If he loved Tara he would try, Tara has her faults, like not having a back bone for starters but he's acting like a spoiled brat.

Edited by represent
  • Love 5