Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/18/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Amazing that Sherri's friends don't give her a list of stuff NOT to talk about on tv, comedy routines, or in public.

But then her best friend Niecy Nash set her up to marry Sal. The woman is a lost cause. Some people never learn.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 5

Curious about Sunny's temper tantrum story - Is it legal to take sand, shells and rocks from another country (Greece) and bring them into the US?

Yes, it's legal, in small amounts. Shells can't be from an endangered species. (I know this strange stuff because I picked up a shell on a beach in Japan and came across customs with it.)

• Love 3

Many years ago when my husband was in the Middle East (in the military), they were not allowed to bring the sand back.  It had some kind of bacteria in it.  The one thing I notice in my travels that seems to be universal, is that fruit/produce is not allowed.

• Love 2

Many years ago when my husband was in the Middle East (in the military), they were not allowed to bring the sand back.  It had some kind of bacteria in it.  The one thing I notice in my travels that seems to be universal, is that fruit/produce is not allowed.

We joke about it bc upon one border crossing,  no one asked if we had any bombs or drugs (we did not!) but  fruit, veg, cheese and BIRDS! were not allowed.  My bf joked  .".hey can we just release our bird and let him fly over on his own?" (We had no bird either)

Sherri needs to shutty asap about her son's junk. Sweet baby Jesus

• Love 6

Yeah, Sherri has said stuff about her son before.  But isn't he about 10 years old now?  He's at the age that other kids his age could see his mom on TV saying this stuff, and make his life miserable.  Moms tell stories about their babies and toddlers all the time.   But when kids get to school age, it's time to refrain from telling any stories that could embarrass your kid.  I don't care if she's a comic -  she's a mom first. 

I agree.  I actually think she never should have done it, even when he was far too young to be aware.   Cute stories are okay, but that went way beyond.  And I also thought it was pretty awful that Sunny shared the video of her daughter having a tantrum.  I don't care how young or old kids are - Why would anyone want to put embarrassing things like that (complete with everyone laughing about it) on national television?  It wasn't cute.  It was awful.  I would be mortified if my mother had done that.  So not necessary.  

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 4

I'm pretty sure we've heard Sherri tell that story [about Jeffery's erection and Beyonce] before - like a couple years ago maybe?  Does that sound familiar to anyone else?  Every year Sherri seems to get older but never any wiser.  

And I also thought it was pretty awful that Sunny shared the video of her daughter having a tantrum.  I don't care how young or old kids are - Why would anyone want to put embarrassing things like that (complete with everyone laughing about it) on national television?  It wasn't cute.  It was awful.  I would be mortified if my mother had done that.  So not necessary.

Parents have been videotaping their kids tantrums since home movies have been around so that doesn't bother me, nor did her sharing it.  I'd bet most of her friends have similar videos of themselves having a tantrum at that age and most parents can relate to their toddler having a meltdown.    

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

I'm pretty sure we've heard Sherri tell that story [about Jeffery's erection and Beyonce] before - like a couple years ago maybe?  Does that sound familiar to anyone else?  Every year Sherri seems to get older but never any wiser.  

Parents have been videotaping their kids tantrums since home movies have been around so that doesn't bother me, nor did her sharing it.  I'd bet most of her friends have similar videos of themselves having a tantrum at that age and most parents can relate to their toddler having a meltdown.    

I've heard that story before, probably because I torture myself and watch almost every show.  Mr. lookeyloo was known for his tantrums as a child and young person (I knocked that out of him pretty fast into the courtship). and his parents took movies and then liked to show them and watch him have another tantrum. Cruel.  He is a grown up man now and still feels terrible how they did that and laughed at his expense.   And he is of full intelligence.  Imagine poor Jeffrey having to contend with that.

• Love 5

My bold.  Yep, I've heard that story at least twice & shook my head both times.  Common sense is hard to find, especially with respect to Sherri.

• Love 5

I've heard that story before, probably because I torture myself and watch almost every show.  Mr. lookeyloo was known for his tantrums as a child and young person (I knocked that out of him pretty fast into the courtship). and his parents took movies and then liked to show them and watch him have another tantrum. Cruel.  He is a grown up man now and still feels terrible how they did that and laughed at his expense.   And he is of full intelligence.  Imagine poor Jeffrey having to contend with that.

I think there is a big difference between Sherri  talking about her son's erection [for years] and Sunny sharing a video of her [then] toddler's  temper tantrum.   As in Sherri being 100% inappropriate and Sunny sharing a funny story. Jeffery would probably love to trade and have  video of a toddler tantrum out there rather than details about his erections. 

I'm sorry Mr. L felt traumatized by his parents actions which do sound rather cruel since it was more than a one time thing and left him feeling terrible.   I think in Sunny's case [and many parents] people were laughing with Sunny, not at her daughter.  At least that's how I saw it, but I understand that mileage varies on this one. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

I never videotaped my kids having tantrums, and I've never sat around with friends and family to watch a tape like that of anyone else's kids.  I was a child when home movies were around, and no movie exists of myself or my siblings having tantrums.  I don't think my parents found it amusing, and I certainly don't either.  Yes, of course kids have tantrums and as parents we can relate to it, but I don't need to see a video or laugh at a child in order to acknowledge that.

In any case, I think showing it on national television is an entirely different thing and far worse.  I have no problem with parents showing their kids dressed up adorably or doing something cute, but this IMO crosses a line.  

.  Mr. lookeyloo was known for his tantrums as a child and young person (I knocked that out of him pretty fast into the courtship). and his parents took movies and then liked to show them and watch him have another tantrum. Cruel.  He is a grown up man now and still feels terrible how they did that and laughed at his expense.   And he is of full intelligence.  Imagine poor Jeffrey having to contend with that.

Agreed.  The tantrum video was Sunny's daughter, not Jeffrey, but you made exactly the point I was trying to make.  It's cruel to deliberately embarrass a child like that, and far worse to do it on national television.  Going for a cheap laugh at the expense of a young child.  Not cool.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 6
Love that Sherri thinks she is a great mom, a mom who whips her special needs child.

A small point in Jeffrey's favor is that Sherri isn't on our TV every. freakin'. day. to spout more and more humiliating things about him...in the guise of comedy.  WHY did TPTB give her this forum even part-time?  

• Love 3

A small point in Jeffrey's favor is that Sherri isn't on our TV every. freakin'. day. to spout more and more humiliating things about him...in the guise of comedy.  WHY did TPTB give her this forum even part-time?  

Word.

I used to  be a Sherri fan.... until she started putting her kid on blast for grins.

• Love 1