Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Looking Out For Stateville

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Voight convinces Deputy Crowley to bring in his former cellmate, Eddie Little, as a CI for the unit in order to help bring down a big-time cocaine supplier and his local dealers. Antonio is skeptical of this decision but Voight puts him at ease when he opens up about his time in prison with Little. Meanwhile, Burgess makes a difficult decision regarding her relationship with Ruzek and Roman devises a plan to help fund Platt and Mouch's wedding with the help of Firehouse 51.

God bless Burgess for getting a clue. Phew.

Now, I wasn't necessarily paying close attention, but didn't FF thru any of it. However, did I miss the part where Roman raises money for Platt?

I thought for sure the teenager was going to end up with Lindsay as the new Nadia (I anticipated the mother being part of the inevitable Clancy Brown double cross.)

I'm glad Voight explained his obligation to Clancy to Antonio, but the head bobbing had me a little carsick.

"I'm wearing a vest. Are you? No? Hands up."

Did anyone else think it was perhaps ill-advised to send someone off in a cab (or the El!) with $80,000 in cash???

• Love 1

I'm glad Voight explained his obligation to Clancy to Antonio, but the head bobbing had me a little carsick.

O.M.G.!!  I'm glad it's not just me.  I swear, with Voight doing the bobblehead thing and the shaky-cam ( I hadn't noticed the shaky-cam before), I started to get dizzy.  Ugh!  And, it begins to take away from the scene when he starts doing that.  I love the show...I like Voight...but for the life of me, I don't know why or how the director allows him to do this ALL of the time!  I mean, if WE (the viewers) notice, they MUST notice when they are watching him or when reviewing tapes of scenes.  Goodness...

• Love 4

Nope, I noticed the bobble head too and it was driving me nuts. More so because Antonio wasn't reacting at all to it. I even thought for a second that the actor who plays Voight had Parkinson's ala Michael J. Fox because I couldn't figure out why he shaking the entire scene.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 2

I noticed that he does it when he's making a point with someone, or when he's (supposedly) REALLY serious about something he's talking about.  I'm sure it's a habit that Jason B. isn't even aware of, but it sure is annoying AND distracting.

• Love 2

O.M.G.!!  I'm glad it's not just me.  I swear, with Voight doing the bobblehead thing and the shaky-cam ( I hadn't noticed the shaky-cam before), I started to get dizzy.  Ugh!  And, it begins to take away from the scene when he starts doing that.  I love the show...I like Voight...but for the life of me, I don't know why or how the director allows him to do this ALL of the time!  I mean, if WE (the viewers) notice, they MUST notice when they are watching him or when reviewing tapes of scenes.  Goodness...

I came here to comment on the exact same subject. I've noticed this bobble-head thing for awhile now, and it has become overly annoying. I wonder how the actors playing opposite him put up with it, because it is very distracting. He also has another "tick" that he does with his tongue and lower lip.

• Love 1

I've tried really hard but I do not like Voight.

absolutely valid. I have decided that since I love Sophia Bush enough to stick with this show that I am going to forget any of CFire season one shenanigans, and view Hank thru the lens of "concerned father figure" every chance I get. I also remind myself this is all make believe. That helps me get thru!!  :-))

• Love 2

absolutely valid. I have decided that since I love Sophia Bush enough to stick with this show that I am going to forget any of CFire season one shenanigans, and view Hank thru the lens of "concerned father figure" every chance I get. I also remind myself this is all make believe. That helps me get thru!!  :-))

There are other characters I like that help me enjoy the show but unfortunately Hank is the lead.

• Love 1

Jason B. is the man, IMO. Anyway, did that woman with the daughter know Eddie before he was in the pen? I'm not clear because I can't believe that any woman would move herself and her child in with a man she had been only pen pals with.

• Love 2

I hope that thus show does not focus more on Burgess and Ruzek now. I do not want her moping around, him being all lovelorn and trying to win her back. I want to see police work not them to being angsty.

Did they ever say why Trudy was trying to get her venue deposit back? I am guessing because he Dad told her last time he was busted.

Loved it when he Clancy opened the truck door and Antonio was like hey ☺

• Love 1

Jason B. is the man, IMO. Anyway, did that woman with the daughter know Eddie before he was in the pen? I'm not clear because I can't believe that any woman would move herself and her child in with a man she had been only pen pals with.

Then you have never watched Dr Phil or Judge Judy (or worse). Trust me, it happens. 

I too love Mr. Beghe, but yeah, they have to cut down on the shaky-cam when he's being intense because between his head bobbing and the camera moving, it's really disconcerting.

Back when there was only CF, Station 51 responded to a serious car accident cased by Voight's DWI son.  Voight covered it up, but Casey insisted on reporting the truth.  As a result, Voight threatened Casey and hired some goons to kill him.  Casey worked with Antonio (in his former CPD job) to set up a sting and Voight was arrested.

I think he got out of jail with the understanding that he would be an informant to catch dirty cops.  For awhile, he was under the thumb of Internal Affairs.

Edited by Andy

I never noticed the head bobbing but now I will :). George Clooney used to do that early on all the time and some director must have told him to quit it (same with early Hugh Grant's excessive blinking, which stopped after a few movies).

Clancy should have had a car at the track and left by himself as soon as the thugs left him. He will surely be take out for being a snitch as soon as he's back in prison.

I liked that Ruzek's chin started quivering just a little when Burgess let him off the hook. That was a really good scene imo. I was really afraid earlier that they would overhear Trudy cancelling her wedding vendors and decide to use them for a surprise wedding. Loved Trudy telling the reception hall that she would send bulding insoectors over if they didn't cut her a check.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh

Back when there was only CF, Station 51 responded to a serious car accident cased by Voight's DWI son.  Voight covered it up, but Casey insisted on reporting the truth.  As a result, Voight threatened Casey and hired some goons to kill him.  Casey worked with Antonio (in his former CPD job) to set up a sting and Voight was arrested.

I think he got out of jail with the understanding that he would be an informant to catch dirty cops.  For awhile, he was under the thumb of Internal Affairs.

It was a car accident in which Voight's son was drunk and, if I remember right, killed the other driver or one of the passengers in the other car. Voight did not want Casey to put anything about the son's alcohol consumption in the report and make it seem like a complete accident instead of vehicular manslaughter, which would send his son to jail. Casey wouldn't back down, so Voight terrorized Casey with a thug squad, he planted cocaine in Casey's house and then called the Police anonymously, he went after Casey's GF/Fiancee, which was Haley at the time, and he directly threatened her and her life as well as Casey's and I think smashed up her car a bit. The guy was in no way, shape, or form  a good guy and I cannot look at him that way even though they've completely whitewashed his misdeeds. He was also taking money from the street at the time and still seems to have quite a bit of it in that secret safe in his basement hidden behind the wall.

I'm tired of this show just being about Voight and Lindsay with a sprinkling of Halsted and a dash of Ruzek/Burgess. Mouse gets more screen time than Antonio and Olinsky these days and so does Trudy. They've started to make these stories so one note and using the same handful of characters over and over doesn't help. It's getting really boring really fast - hell, even the people that cross-over from CFD and CMed get more screen time than Antonio and Olinsky. I have no idea why Atwater is even on the show either - he shows up the occasional scene, has maybe one line per show (if that), and that's it. They started to show us some of his family life a season or so ago and then that was dropped altogether too.

This show just gets more and more disappointing to me as it continues - the only reason I keep watching is because it ties into CFD and CMed.

I'm glad Voight explained his obligation to Clancy to Antonio

Same here, but it just made me question why he would have CHOSEN to go into general population. Clearly he understood the danger, but he didn't want to die (a little confusing, as he claimed he was ok with it but didn't want his kid to think of him that way, i.e. the same kid who was the CAUSE of Voight being there.)

God bless Burgess for getting a clue. Phew.

Aside from that, God bless Burgess for breaking off the engagement in a calm and reasonable manner. Too many shows have the people making a scene, flinging the ring into the nearest body of water, etc.

I was a bit confused about Mama Burgess having to "fly in" to meet with the Ruzeks. Just the other season, when her niece Zoe was in the hospital, didn't Burgess mention trying to call her parents? I would presume that would mean they were local and could quickly get to the hospital. Either Mama Burgess suddenly moved cross country or else the writers forgot this detail (I'm willing to bet the latter.)

I can't believe how utterly naive Voight was with Eddie. The guy was clearly awful. He was obsessed with getting a payday and had ulterior motives written all over his face. I couldn't believe he fell for it hook line and sinker.

Poor Burgess but again I'm glad she got the hint. It's obvious Adam likes her but right now he's not the marrying kind and were they to stay together I could see him eventually straying. I wonder if they're going to go there with her and Roman?

I can't believe how utterly naive Voight was with Eddie. The guy was clearly awful.

Voight was not one bit naive. However, he was basically put into a corner on this one. Eddie seemed to have made it quite clear all along (even before this, when he was on the phone with Voight a couple of times) that Voight owed him for his protection while in prison. I'm sure Voight knew all too well what kind of scenario he'd be faced with were he NOT to go along with Eddie, so he basically went into it hoping for the best. However, Eddie ruined any legitimate help Voight might have been able to provide him because of his greed.

I'm sure Voight knew all too well what kind of scenario he'd be faced with were he NOT to go along with Eddie, so he basically went into it hoping for the best.

What scenario would that be?

Voight doesn't strike me as the tyoe who goes along with things out of fear.

What scenario would that be?

Voight doesn't strike me as the tyoe who goes along with things out of fear.

Not necessarily out of fear for himself, but for Justin or Erin, sure. Someone like that Eddie wouldn't care one bit who he hurt, as long as he felt he came out ahead.

On 1/21/2016 at 11:55 PM, LittleIggy said:

No she says her sister (or she puts it as your aunt Lisa I think to her daughter) knew of him before he went in & he was really a good guy ;( so she started writing him doing the pen pal thing.