Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Rule #14: No Means... No

I think Abby was mature with the Becca (not Abby!) situation. Nice. But I hope Becca does NOT move in with her! I skip over the lawyer chick scenes. Jo should report the rape(?) it wasn't clear to me what happened. Abby's parents suck about the ranch. Sad.

Edited by Readalot

My unpopular opinion is the Jo "rape" thing I don't even feel bad about. (And my daughter was a victim of rape two years ago) It just seems so trite and hollow to try to make us have the feels for someone.

And Abby might just want to worry about her own kids because that Charlie is a brat.

Delia? Just no.

Phoebe...thought maybe we were getting some growth but nope, nothing. Blah.

• Love 2

I don't think she was raped. I think she saw in herself that she was spinning out of control by engaging in dangerous sex with a string of strangers. I think the "I didn't say no" wasn't talking about how she didn't feel she could fight back a rapist, but recognizing in herself that she participated in her behavior and that was her hitting rock bottom.

I'm very quick to call out rape in shows (Game of Thrones being the worst offender) but this didn't seem to be what was going on here.

So I was mad at Jake for not getting his ass to the hospital while his baby was in danger so he could deal with Jo's drama. Self-inflicted drama.

I was thinking how I think I liked the first season better because it was more mundane, more relatable.  Yes, Abby's parents were not supportive, but I can't relate to the loss of an expensive inheritance.  Am I supposed to feel empathy for the lawyer lady who is taking a flame thrower to both her career and her love life?

Also, I have a kid around Abby's boy's age and I would not put up with that shit. I'm not saying she should be unsupportive to him, but pacifiers and carrying him? Fuck that.

• Love 3

I feel like I've been saying, "WTF, Delia?" for the past three episodes. It's so dumb.

I guess Delia is one of those who just can't handle happiness.  I don't get it....she seemed SO in love with her fiancé (at least until marriage was brought into the picture).  Despite whatever went down with his first wife, he really has treated Delia well doesn't deserve this (although his first wife might beg to differ).  Then again, if Delia wasn't flawed she would not be a character on this show!

• Love 1

I don't think she was raped. I think she saw in herself that she was spinning out of control by engaging in dangerous sex with a string of strangers. I think the "I didn't say no" wasn't talking about how she didn't feel she could fight back a rapist, but recognizing in herself that she participated in her behavior and that was her hitting rock bottom.

I'm very quick to call out rape in shows (Game of Thrones being the worst offender) but this didn't seem to be what was going on here.

So I was mad at Jake for not getting his ass to the hospital while his baby was in danger so he could deal with Jo's drama. Self-inflicted drama.

I was thinking how I think I liked the first season better because it was more mundane, more relatable. Yes, Abby's parents were not supportive, but I can't relate to the loss of an expensive inheritance. Am I supposed to feel empathy for the lawyer lady who is taking a flame thrower to both her career and her love life?

Also, I have a kid around Abby's boy's age and I would not put up with that shit. I'm not saying she should be unsupportive to him, but pacifiers and carrying him? Fuck that.

yeah that too. That kid is a brat of the first degree. And why again was Jake not there at the hospital? That seemed out of character for him not to be supportive in that situation. Other than the discipline issues with his kids I think he is a decent father overall.

Yes, Phoebe is going backwards again, and the Feel Sorry for Jo Show has been a fail so far -- not even an epic one.  

And --ohhhhh, Delia!  I'm not even rooting for this affair.  And I guess I'm supposed to.  

My favorite character is NakedChef.  More of him, please.

• Love 3

Has anybody pointed out that it is totally unethical, inappropriate, & grounds for his dismissal, that Phoebe was supposedly "dating" her college professor (even if he did end up being "closeted" at the end)?  Why did the show writers even think it's OK to put that storyline in there without mentioning that fact?  Sexual Harassment, anyone?

• Love 1

It's not usually looked kindky upon, but it's not against the rules of all universities to date students. It happens literally all the time.

I think it's a lot more unethical, inappropriate and stupid to fuck your married boss and supply him with hookers. Tho not illegal. Well, the prostitute part is. Yeah, when this all blows up in delia's face, she'll probably use it all as leverage to not get fired. Or to get HIM fired and take his job.

Jo was in the season finale of 'American horror story' last nite. She got brutally murdered by cheyanne Jackson, which I'm guessing some of you would enjoy seeing. Jo sometimes bugs, but I do like the actress.

• Love 1

Jo was in the season finale of 'American horror story' last nite. She got brutally murdered by cheyanne Jackson, which I'm guessing some of you would enjoy seeing. 

What does this say about me that I could not. Stop. LAUGHING. at this.

• Love 2

Wow, tough crowd.

I'm posting in this episode because that's where I'm in my binge watch, and haven't seen a season specific thread.

I find this show a lot of fun to watch, with some moments that give me pause. I'm happy with the characters not behaving like rational people but doing either what I wouldn't do in a million years or what I wish I would have done (there was some shit being called when it was well deserved, many times, which is something we don't often see on this kind of show). Where would the fun be if everyone behaved as they SHOULD?

I'd be happy and willing to discuss characters and stuff in more detail and will continue watching, but as there doesn't seem to be much activity in this thread I'll leave it at that for now, but will check as I go along with my watching to see if anyone else is watching it now.

• Love 2

I binge watched the first two seasons on Netflix. It only has the first two seasons, so I am going to have to find somewhere else to watch season 3. I fell in love with Abby's house and the lawyers office.Whoever design these sets has done an amazing job! I wanted to see Abby and Jake get back together. Maybe its just me, but I'm all for going the extra mile to keep a family together. so, I was sad about that.

I have never laughed as loud as i did when Becca had the baby and he was shown! The look on Abby's face was priceless!