Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Rhondinella

Al Roker: Didn't He Used to Be Tolerable?

I finally managed to kick the Today habit but just came on to say I really can't stand Al Roker.  He's one of the big reasons I stopped watching.  I could handle him in small doses doing the weather but he's inserted himself everywhere now, even the 1st half hour that used to be devoted to news.  He thinks he's funny but he's not and I don't need loud, bombastic people in the morning, I prefer to ease into it not be hit in the face.

I may stop in from time to time to reiterate how much I hate him lol.  He's one of those you love to hate.

• Love 5

I used to like Al when he was just doing the weather.  Now, I can't stand the sight of him.

• Love 1

Yeah, too mean, I guess.:)  The only other thing I can think of is Al Roker:  Weatherman Gone Wild. 

Al Roker:  Sharting Made Him a Pain in the Ass

Love this...certainly not mean enough and really he did bring it on himself lol

Edited by blanchowens

Al Roker: Deborah's Too Good for Him

I know, too mean again. But I like her.

Al Roker: He Used to be Tolerable

I have my nice button off, I guess. I know, too mean again.

Back when Al was just a local weatherman (albeit in the biggest market in the world, New York) he was MORE than tolerable.  

Those days are long past.

Al used to be one of my favorites; that is, until he started hamming it up too much.  I have noticed that he seems to have calmed down over the past few weeks though.  Maybe TPTB sat him down and had a nice talk with him.

So NBC says they won't show the Charlie Hebdo cover because they are not in the practice of airing things that will offend people/groups...but they continue to shove Al Roker down our throats.  I wonder if I contact them to let them know how offended I am when I see him if they will remove him?   He's offensive and annoying.  Just like I promised I would drop in from time to time to reiterate how much I can't stand him.  Carry on!

So today Al Roker makes a tasteless joke about cannibalism  while showing a picture of snow at Donner Pass?!

How is this man who sharts in his pants at the White House (and talks about it!) still on national tv?!?

• Love 1

It took looking at those old clips of Matt over the last 20 years to remember how very different Al's appearance used to be.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Does anyone else hate those blue glasses?

He looks like an idiot.

• Love 2

16 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Does anyone else hate those blue glasses?

I don't mind them, but the round frames in that color looked really good on Dylan.  I think hers were sunglasses.

Can't stand the idiot especially now that he's wearing those really stupid blue glasses. 

Something a 4 year old would wear. 

• Love 3

I don’t mind his on air personality. I just have a feeling he may not be very nice off air for some reason. He gives off a “dont you know who I am?!” Vibe. 

• Love 3

I like Al as a person but he is definitely over the top these days. you can tell even the anchors are starting to feel it. I realize he is a theater guy and he also wants to be a standup comedian so it doesn’t totally surprise me that he feels so extra. But I think he needs to tone it down a couple clicks.  Maybe it’s time for a focus group to see if others agree.