Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E13: Villains Have More Fun

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Kelley and Spencer worked really well together at the Stephen boot, anyway.  I could see why Kelley might have thought of Spencer as a close ally, at least as far as this season is concerned, where alliances are pretty slippery and contingent.  I can also see why she would be baffled that he'd choose to go with Jeremy and Tasha over herself, Keith, and Abi, which would seem to be against his self-interest as far as winning FTC is concerned.  Then there's Abi's weird flip--I'd say Kelley had plenty of reasons to be making puzzled "what did I miss" faces at the end of that tribal council.

• Love 3

That's a double edged sword while it is true that Spencer didn't have a partner coming into the merge, it's also true that once the merge hit that Spencer was never seen as a real threat by either side so he had room to make his moves in the shadows while others were openly fighting/targetting each other.

After listening to Abi's plans, the Keith boot made some sense but I don't think she would've had the finesse to float back and forth on her way to her desired final 3.

So I get why Jeremy and Spencer wanted to get rid of Abi, I even kind of understand why Tasha wanted to get rid of Abi (dumb move but I get it). But why the hell did Kimmi betray both the woman's alliance and Kelley to get back with Jeremy for seemingly one vote, also why is Kelley teaming with a challenge beast to get rid of Tasha?  It seems like the female alliance should be up 4-2 this week one way or the other.

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 2

But why the hell did Kimmi betray both the woman's alliance and Kelley to get back with Jeremy for seemingly one vote, also why is Kelley teaming with a challenge beast to get rid of Tasha?  It seems like the female alliance should be up 4-2 this week one way or the other.

Because the 'women's alliance' only existed on paper.  It either never really existed, except as the kind of talk we hear a hundred times on Survivor; or its members didn't have the finesse to hold it together.  Tasha's biggest loyalty lies with one of the men.  That alone was enough to sabotage the WA. 

Kelley teamed with Keith because: a) she thinks she can control his vote, and b) she thinks she can beat him if they both make finals.  That's my take on it anyway. 

• Love 1

He [spencer] hasnt got anyone on the jury who would vote for him over Jeremy.

I don't think this is true. I think that Andrew, Kelley, Kimmi, and Tasha are definite Jeremy votes, but I don't know that any of the rest of them would 100% vote Jeremy over Spencer. I could easily see any or all of them voting for Spencer over Jeremy.

Ciera and Kass both called out Jeremy as the leader who should be taken out, I'm pretty sure they would both vote Jeremy as an I told you so type of thing, in post show intereviews Abi's talked about how Spencer needed her to survive, so you figure another Jeremy vote. Well, unless Kelley is in the finals with those two then that changes where those votes go.

• Love 1

That's what I mean, Jeremy has the votes he needs to win already. He has the votes of Andrew, Stephen, Kass, Ciera, Joe and Kelly over Spencer. Who knows what Abi will do? It won't matter. Jeremy can also get Keith over Spencer, I think. (We saw Keith's decision making process in the last reward) being about who deserves stuff. Jeremy can get Kimmi over Spencer. Jeremy definitely has Tasha over Spencer.

Spencer could have beaten Stephen, I think, he should have targeted Jeremy instead of Stephen. (And Stephen targeting Kelly was just bizarre. But I'm not sure she blames Jeremy for that move instead of Stephen)

Spencer back stabbed both Kass and Stephen (instead of other targets) after they actively saved him. They aren't voting for him.

Agreed that Ciera (and Kass, I think) already said Jeremy is the winner.

I can't see Joe voting for Spencer over Jeremy, who he spent so much time with this season.

So, pretty much, Jeremy beats Spencer already.

Spencer has the disadvantage of being a young guy from a wealth off family with a degree from the University of Chicago and a high paying job. He's also a bit of a jerk to those he thinks aren't smart.

Spencer has an additional disadvantage of his initial tribe completely collapsing, thanks in part to his decision to keep Abi instead of Vytas. He has no one on the jury from his original tribe who he might have built loyalty with over the entire game (Abi is too fickle), as opposed to Jeremy, who has spent a lot of time with everyone on the jury except Abi.

Edited by rose711

That's a double edged sword while it is true that Spencer didn't have a partner coming into the merge, it's also true that once the merge hit that Spencer was never seen as a real threat by either side so he had room to make his moves in the shadows while others were openly fighting/targetting each other.

After listening to Abi's plans, the Keith boot made some sense but I don't think she would've had the finesse to float back and forth on her way to her desired final 3.

So I get why Jeremy and Spencer wanted to get rid of Abi, I even kind of understand why Tasha wanted to get rid of Abi (dumb move but I get it). But why the hell did Kimmi betray both the woman's alliance and Kelley to get back with Jeremy for seemingly one vote, also why is Kelley teaming with a challenge beast to get rid of Tasha?  It seems like the female alliance should be up 4-2 this week one way or the other.

I think if Kimmi turned on her alliance she would have been the next one out. Neither side would trust her, and unlike Tony, she doesn't have idols to protect her.

She was probably more pissed about the Abi vote because it was their opportunity to take control. She understands it's a numbers game and that she was at the bottom before so I don't think she took that vote personally. She voted for Spencer before also due to not having numbers but towards the end of the game I think it stings more.

• Love 1