Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E13: Villains Have More Fun

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

If none of the players go after Jeremy, they might as well just hand him the money now and they can all go to Ponderosa and eat. Jeremy seems to command a cloak of invisibility while Kimmi is just invisible. And what is up with Spencer...he seems mesmerized by the power of Jeremy.

So far, Jeremy wins the social/strategic game, but he has never won an IC or a RC. He looks good, but he hasn't shown anything. Maybe you have to be in his vicinity to feel the force field.

I loathe Kelly for her hostile fixation on Joe. And Tasha...no IC or RC wins, she just runs along with the big dog Jeremy.

Keith for the win. He is all out at challenges and he is no one's lapdog. 

Huh? When did Kelley have a hostile fixation on Joe?  You might be confusing her with Stepehen.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 8

I was torn watching this episode between wanting Spencer to win immunity and wanting him voted off so he could go to Ponderosa and eat a dozen cheeseburgers.  Dude is painfully thin.  The last guy I remember getting that scary looking was Woo which makes me think it affects ones ability to make rational decisions concerning with whom to sit next to at final tribal.  I don't get Spencer's decision to go with Jeremy/Tasha unless he knew Abi was absolutely not to be trusted, which is a distinct possibility.

First non-balance individual IC.  Hmmmm.  Although Joe probably would have killed this one too.

• Love 4

Maybe I'm blinded by my Spencer love, but I don't think for one second he bought into that whole "don't bring goats to the end FOR THE FANS" crap. It's just not his style...he's nothing if not logical, and he wants to win. I think he wanted to vote out Tasha, but wasn't able to because he figured out somehow (off-screen) that Abi wasn't going to go with that plan. If he had voted for Tasha in that scenario, it ends up a tie between Tasha and Abi, and Spencer risks ending up in the minority having just betrayed his closest allies.

So he was stuck with Tasha and Jeremy for another round, but I'll be very surprised if he doesn't try to turn on them next week given the chance.

• Love 10

Loved the "we" dialogue.  It was getting into the "Who's on 1st?" comedy level near the end.  Also some of the other quotes like the Scorpios and Abi in Brazil.  Nice to see Keith enjoying what he is doing.

Don't understand Spencer's move.  He could flip again but then he risks losing Jeremy's and Tasha's votes on the jury if he turns again at the very last minute.  And if he did make that last minute move he doesn't know Jeremy has another idol so it could backfire on him immediately as well.  And if he stays the course with those two he can't possibly win against Jeremy.  So I think that vote was his million dollar mistake.  (Maybe Jeremy can name his new son after Spencer as a thank you for handing him the loot).

I'll miss Abi.  She made a great villain this season.  Wish Kimmi went instead cause she just doesn't contribute anything to my entertainment enjoyment so nothing personal against her.

BTW is the finale this Sunday?  Don't want to break any rules here talking about next episode.  Just want to know when it is on so I won't forget to switch over from the football game.

Edited by green
  • Love 5

I am so sad.  But I knew it.  They were playing it up too much for me.  Too much "Tasha becomes the latest person to target Abi, goes home" teasing.  Too much Abi thinking about the end, reflecting that she has had a large hand in how this season has gone (which is absolutely true.)  When this time they showed Abi squeezing Kimmi's hand, assuring her Tasha would be OK, i.e. not hitting her with the "DON'T YOU HATE THIS BITCH" edit but rather giving her a rounded, reasonable edit, that's when I knew she was going home.  I sighed a terrible sigh.  But I didn't realize until this comment:

Katesus7, on 09 Dec 2015 - 6:56 PM, said:

I had to laugh at Abi finally getting booted, partly by doing what she's done all season long. Flip. But she flipped one time too many, and flipped to the people who would rather see her out, than stick with (well, two of them, she was screwed either way) the people who actually had her back. I know, I know, it would have been funnier if Spencer actually was with them, but it was still funny to me that she got booted while thinking she was fine, and casting the only vote for someone she thought was the actual boot.

why she had voted for Keith and that, yes indeed, she had flipped on Kelley.  (I sort of thought it would happen when, at the reward, Kelley was assuring the boys that Abi would be fine--you never take ABI DESTROYER OF WORLDS for granted; but I had forgotten about it by the end.)  The thing is it's so hard, with all these criss-crossing alliances and fake alliances, to tell what is really going on: if even we with our omniscient eyes are confused (and many people, it seems, were as confused as I was by the Keith vote) then how much more impossible is it when you're there on the beach.  Abi's stated thinking makes total sense: assuming the women's alliance is still a thing, she goes with the group of four left behind at the reward who want to vote out not only a man but the most potent challenge threat amongst the men, all while still keeping the women's alliance under wraps.  Great plan, had any of her assumptions been right.  But they weren't voting Keith (because of Jeremy's magnificently invisible influence, if nothing else) and the women's alliance isn't really a thing (because...why?  I wish there had been something about this, but maybe there just wasn't the footage.)

In any case, Kimmi has fallen back to the bottom of my regard, and Tasha has confirmed my fears.  I don't know what the hell game Tasha thinks she's playing.  I am a fan; I don't appreciate people playing shitty Survivor and claiming it's what I want to see.  I don't understand how people like her, Savage, even Stephen, can go around saying Abi, Kelley, and Ciera didn't deserve to be there blah blah blah.  Kelley and Ciera have proven to be among the most deserving as far as I'm concerned, much more than Savage or Tasha themselves, and Abi has dominated this season as a chaos factor.  She's not like your Phillip style goat, getting screen time for no reason while voting robotically with the top dog.  She's been a part of the story at almost every single point.  I'm so sad to see her go.

Kelley is my big hope for the ending now.  I am off the Spencer, Tasha, Kimmi train I was very briefly on.  Keith is great as a person, but I don't want him to win either.  Jeremy and Kelley are the only wins I would be satisfied with, and Jeremy, at this point, would be super boring.  I love him, but I was happier rooting for him as an underdog male vs the female alliance than I am with just "Tasha and Spencer apparently don't want to win but just get in tight with the #1 power player of the season", which, though some people think that's the greatest strategy one could ever have, is to me completely stupid and disappointing.

Turtle, on 09 Dec 2015 - 7:43 PM, said:

Completely agree. This late in the game, an unpredictable and volatile person, goat or not, is too risky to keep around. Better to have people who you think might be somewhat rational and so you can try to strategize with or around them, whichever is needed.

This is what they should have said to themselves on Day 3, not Day 35.  I disagree that it's a "this late in the game" thing.  Get rid of her right away or have a damn good plan why not.  So many hopes and dreams run aground on the sharp rocks of Abi-Maria Gomes, and now, just like in Philippines, for absolutely no reason.  Don't keep a goat if you're not going to keep a goat.  Commit.  I seriously think it's people who make this kind of poor decision who "don't deserve to be there", if there's anyone you could say that about.  Like people were mad about Joe "the great competitor" going before Abi, but that's backwards, in my opinion.  They should be mad at Joe going before Tasha, Spencer, the people who kept Abi for no goddamn reason.

• Love 6

That all girl's alliance seriously lasted three days. WTF. I know people said that it was going to fail but I wasn't expecting it to fail that fast.

So speaking of trends. so far in the merge, with the exception of Kelly, every boot after Kass has drawn at least one vote in the prior tc. Meaning that Keith and Tasha are in danger next time. Din din din.

It was cute watching Abi think that she was running stuff. She was fun, but it was time for her to go.

Kelley way to hold together that alliance. You blew your position in the game in record time.

Um, Kimmi, I like you, but the Abi vote off officially means that there is no way in hell that you can win this game.

Tasha, glad to see you recovered from almost drowning. I think you're lucky that Jeremy's her ally because tonight you came across as quite pushy. Pushy tend to go at this juncture. 

Spencer, floating is fine as is making pointless alliances.  If you want to get to the end.  However if you want to win it all, you should probably work on jury management.

Keith, just pick whoever you want for your reward. Stop trying to over justify everything.

Jeremy, if you start winning challenges, you should have this in the bag. I think you'll win without them, but still.

• Love 1

Loved the "we" dialogue.  It was getting into the "Who's on 1st?" comedy level near the end.  Also some of the other quotes like the Scorpios and Abi in Brazil.  Nice to see Keith enjoying what he is doing.

Don't understand Spencer's move.  He could flip again but then he risks losing Jeremy's and Tasha's votes on the jury if he turns again at the very last minute.  And if he did make that last minute move he doesn't know Jeremy has another idol so it could backfire on him immediately as well.  And if he stays the course with those two he can't possibly win against Jeremy.  So I think that vote was his million dollar mistake.  (Maybe Jeremy can name his new son after Spencer as a thank you for handing him the loot).

I'll miss Abi.  She made a great villain this season.  Wish Kimmi went instead cause she just doesn't contribute anything to my entertainment enjoyment so nothing personal against her.

BTW is the finale this Sunday?  Don't want to break any rules here talking about next episode.  Just want to know when it is on so I won't forget to switch over from the football game.

Pretty sure the finale is next Wednesday, like it has been the last couple of seasons.

Spencer must think he can beat Jeremy in the end. Most of them must think so. Why else does everyone want to align with him and yet no one talks about voting him out? We really have little idea of what people think of him as a threat because we never see anyone talk about him. But in terms of resumes, Spencer can say he's been on the winning side of most of the votes, and he's won 2 immunity challenges to Jeremy's zero. And he took out Jeremy's biggest ally (Stephen) and essentially replaced Stephen with himself with no repercussions. What does Jeremy have besides a questionable idol play, in Spencer's eyes? To Spencer he must not look like too big of a threat.

• Love 5

Pretty sure the finale is next Wednesday, like it has been the last couple of seasons.

Spencer must think he can beat Jeremy in the end. Most of them must think so. Why else does everyone want to align with him and yet no one talks about voting him out? We really have little idea of what people think of him as a threat because we never see anyone talk about him. But in terms of resumes, Spencer can say he's been on the winning side of most of the votes, and he's won 2 immunity challenges to Jeremy's zero. And he took out Jeremy's biggest ally (Stephen) and essentially replaced Stephen with himself with no repercussions. What does Jeremy have besides a questionable idol play, in Spencer's eyes? To Spencer he must not look like too big of a threat.

Thanks.  I forgot that Survivor stayed on Wednesday night for the finale.  I appreciate the reminder since I can now watch both football and Survivor without flipping back and forth between the two.

And yeah I guess I agree that Spencer has no idea how much Jeremy's been doing Jedi tricks on them all the whole time.

Edited by green
  • Love 1

Loved the "we" dialogue.  It was getting into the "Who's on 1st?" comedy level near the end.

Glad to see that occurred to somebody else.

I kept waiting for a couple of the players to get into it with a "Wait a minute, which we are we talking about - your we, my we, or OUR we?"

Also some of the other quotes like the Scorpios and Abi in Brazil.

Ah, yes...

Abi's "You'll never find me in Brazil"...

...to which I would've kicked in some cash on my own for someone to come back with, "Whaaat, you think we'd come LOOK...?"

;>

• Love 2

I liked the scene in the beginning with Jeremy, Keith and Kelley. Spencer made the wrong move the only people I think he could have beat were Keith and Abi. I would get rid of Kimmi or Jeremy next with a jury full of older players/parents I wonder if they would be more inclined to give the money to someone with young children. obviously Jeremy should win based off his own merits, but Kimmi could use the argument she was an old school player who was a pre merge boot and made the best of her second chance.

• Love 1

I wonder if it's more Jeremy and Spencer couldn't stand the thought of losing to the likes of Keith, Kimmi, or Wentworth, and they are masking it like they are doing a favor to the fans by not allowing their idea of goats make it to the end.

If Spencer's all about strategy I think that's where he's going to lose. This game is more about that, I agree. I think Spencer is going to lose because of the other part.

I think that "worthy final 3" talk was really about survival. I believe Tasha came up with it because she was getting nervous about getting voted out and Jeremy and Spencer went along with it because they were filled with buyer's remorse over voting out Joe and were terrified of an all girls alliance. They were probably thrilled that Tasha was anxious to continue working with them.

I don't think any of the three were sincere about the worthiness talk or about wanting to be in the final 3 with the other 2.

• Love 8

I love Tasha and hate Abi, so I was thrilled with the outcome, but I still think Spencer made a fatal error in not doing everything in his power to make a Jeremy blindside happen.  That's the big move he would need, that he could present to the jury and say, "I did that.  I took out the most powerful player in the game."  But oh well.  As long as Kimmi or Wentworth don't win, I'll be happy with any of the other four taking the million.

And as much as I have despised Abi this season, I'll give her credit in that she actually seemed concerned about Tasha, and genuine in her attempt to comfort Kimmi about it.  Which was in direct contrast to her response to Joe's situation, in which she clearly had zero fucks to give lol.

• Love 3

Not sad to see Abi gone. What was with her little comments after the LAST tribal council?? When they got back to camp after voting Joe off, she's all - "Payback's a bitch". Payback for what? I'm not saying it was wrong to vote out Joe; it was actually probably a very wise move for most of them. But how is it "payback"? Abi is just so off her rocker. 

And then you have Keith forgetting Tasha's name after RC! Wow, Keith. You obviously knew it last week when you WROTE IT DOWN. Tasha is going to have you in her sights, that's for sure. Keith did make smart choices in his reward picks, though, I thought. That's the thing with him, he can go either way. Half the time he seems like a bumbling idiot, but then he does something that makes you think he has a clue. I think of final three of him, Spencer, and Kelley might be really entertaining. 

It will be interesting to see where Spencer goes from here - he essentially has two final threes. I, honestly, don't even know which way would be best for him at this point. Taking Keith is probably a no brainer, because although he's killed quite a few challenges, his strategy is virtually non-existent. But Wentworth....she's scored two idols and blindsided Savage. It really just depends on how the jury is going to determine their votes, but I think taking her might be risky. I might actually want to take Keith and Sasha, if that's possible. 

This is all, of course, assuming Spencer is IN the final three, which I truly hope he is. I think he has improved the most upon his previous game. To see him being an immediate early target in this game, to totally turning it around and locking down final three deals with two different groups, and not even really being considered as a boot in weeks - it's pretty amazing. AND he solved that final puzzle faster than any of the testers were able to! Quite impressive. 

Poor Tasha in that IC. Wow. That was scary there for a minute. I loved seeing Jeremy shielding her with his shirt after. Game aside, he is just a really solid dude. 

I was loving watching the jury last night during TC - on one side you have Fishbach with his over the top, gape mouthed shock. And then look to the left and you have Wiggles sitting there, like she's watching her taxes being done. So hilarious! Then there was Keith telling Jeff it was time to vote! Go, Keith. 

And then you have Abi's random vote. What the fuck was that? See, that's why Spencer was wise to vote with Jeremy and Tasha last night, you just never know what Abi is going to do. It's like she started floating the idea of targeting Keith when they got back from RC, because he's the new "golden boy", and no matter what the others said, she was going to stick with Keith. That girl...she is just plain crazy. 

I'm glad she's gone, though. While a goat may be good for others, it's not much fun to watch. I like that there are so many strong competitors left at the end of the game. Other than Kimmi or Keith, I'd be happy with any of the rest of them winning.

• Love 9
At last at last.... SHE GONE!  Thrilled that Abi was voted out.  I don't understand her vote though, as far as she knew, she, Keith, Kelley and Spencer were voting out Tasha.  Why did she vote for Keith?

I thought maybe she was mad at him (and Kelley) for not picking her for the reward, but it makes sense (ha!) that she was trying to maintain the women's alliance.  I was suprised Abi was self aware enough to know she was a goat and had a good chance of making it to the end because of that.

If Keith makes it to the end his speech and replies to questions should be golden.  Especially if he spits.

• Love 1

Payback's a bitch". Payback for what?

Things said and done that we were never shown. It fits production's agenda of having her as the villain to show that statement. And she's fine with that.

Why did she vote for Keith? She was under the impression that the 4 all-girl alliance was sticking with the plan to vote for Keith. She didn't know she was about to be blindsided.

• Love 3
So Kelley's puzzled face at the end was about... realizing Abi was voting with the other side (or so Abi thought), as well as Spencer?

I think it was simply in realizing that Spencer didn't stick with her and Keith to vote out Tasha and yes, probably wondering who voted for Keith. And she was probably trying to do the math of where she could fit in if the group of Spencer, Jeremy, Tasha and Kimmi really is as tight as some assume (I don't think they are).

If Jeremy and Tasha are the types to be bitter and angry enough that they got voted out (I don't think they are), it wouldn't matter when Spencer flipped, he would still be at risk of losing their vote. Yes Jeremy has an idol no one knows about but that's always a risk. However, those idols have to be played by Final 5 or they are useless. As I said in another post, considering how much people have flipped and worked with people for one vote whether or not they are aligned with them, I just do not take this vote as some confirmation that Spencer is solidly with Jeremy and Tasha to the end.  

I'm just not ready to judge Spencer's game and make comments about him handing Jeremy a million dollars until I see how this plays out. For all we know, neither Jeremy or Spencer will make it to the end and the "Goats" Kimmi, Keith and Wentworth will be the Final 3. Maybe Spencer will turn on Jeremy or vice versa and then the others take that person out before the final tribal council.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Joe said in his interviews that he had a few awful arguments with Abi where he said some very unkind things. He flat out said it when he didn't have to because none of it was shown. That is why Abi said payback is a bitch.

Joe's defense was that he told Abi he was going to say certain things in order to throw people off and it sounds like what ever he said went outside the scope of what would be accepted by most. He tried to fix it but wasn't able to because he pissed her off so badly. He owned that he crossed a line.

• Love 4

Joe looks like he might have been living it up a little too hard at Ponderosa.  Especially when he did the double finger point at Keith.  In one of his interviews he mentioned that sooner or late his hair is coming off. 

NOT THE HAIR ANYTHING BUT THE HAIR NOOOOOOOOO

I have never wanted anyone to go on an immunity run more than I want Keith to go on one right now. The only way a Keith run would be better is if it annoyed Russell Hantz somehow.

And Dan.  Can it annoy Dan, too, please?

I was somewhat shocked that Abi didn't tell everyone on set, including the cameramen and the prop guys, that they were all dead to her when she was voted out.  She actually left with class.  But it was a great move, IMO.  She's a goat, but a completely unpredictable, turn-on-a-dime, crazy/scary goat.  Have fun, jurors!

I just love Jeremy's facial expressions when he talks strategy.  So quiet, polite, and unassuming, eyes downcast, appearing to be willing to be swayed.  Jeremy for the win.

• Love 9

I understand that they all wanted Joe gone because he is a challenge monster.  I don't understand why both Kelly and Abi were rejoicing that they didn't have to have him around any more, as if he was someone they really didn't like.  I wonder what all that's about.  We've never seen him arguing or being snarky to the rest of the tribe.

• Love 3

I understand the rational behind voting Abi off - she IS an unpredictable player, which makes it really hard to play with her (among many, many other things). Was it the right move in that moment, at that time in the season? I say no. There is NO WAY anyone would vote for her at FTC. She did NOTHING but annoy everyone. She was the perfect goat, IMO. Did Jeremy and Spencer let Kelley's talk of "no goat should go to FTC" get to them?

I was happy to see Spencer win Immunity and survive this TC. I was pretty impressed he came back from behind after falling twice, while Jeremy just kept moving along. He solved that puzzle FAST!!! Which brings me to Jeremy... I still don't get why no one goes after him? The fact he was right in there for the immunity challenge is telling - he can perform well at immunity challenges. Was he holding back all season? I think he might have. Spencer has to know that Jeremy's social game and strategic game are pretty darn good. I would not want to go to final TC with him. We know Jeremy has an idol - does any of the remaining players know?

Keith continues to impress. I like him, a lot. I want to see him go to FTC, but who would take him? He's likeable, hasn't really crossed anyone, and while he appears clueless at times, his love of the game and desire to enjoy every moment in his own way is endearing and could sway votes. Not to mention his reward/immunity wins. If he goes to FTC, I think he has a real chance of winning.

I don't like or dislike Kelley, but I appreciate her game. She plays hard, all the time. and with this idol in her pocket, it's hard to not see her in the FTC.

Kimmi... She seems like a really nice person, but her game is inexistent and as such, I can see her in FTC as a goat.

And Tasha...  Boy that was scary. I had not seen any preview before last night's show, so I had no clue she was in distress during the challenge. Her flopping into the water as she "dove" from the platform made me go "???" and then she was in trouble. As someone else pointed out up thread, I sure hope someone (a cameraman, a contestant, whatever) clued Jeff and co in about Tasha - people don't trash around and make noise when they drown, usually. 

I'd like to see Spencer win, but I'd be happy with Keith or Tasha, too. Ok, Jeremy as well.

I wonder if we didn't get a hint in that scene of Kelley, Keith and Jeremy all talking about how wild it was that three S29 people made it to the final seven (now six).  Could this have been a borderline secret alliance for a while now?

This made me raise my eyebrows when I heard that, too. That would actually be very, very cool.

Maybe I'm blinded by my Spencer love, but I don't think for one second he bought into that whole "don't bring goats to the end FOR THE FANS" crap. It's just not his style...he's nothing if not logical, and he wants to win. I think he wanted to vote out Tasha, but wasn't able to because he figured out somehow (off-screen) that Abi wasn't going to go with that plan. If he had voted for Tasha in that scenario, it ends up a tie between Tasha and Abi, and Spencer risks ending up in the minority having just betrayed his closest allies.

So he was stuck with Tasha and Jeremy for another round, but I'll be very surprised if he doesn't try to turn on them next week given the chance.

I wrote my thoughts before reading your comment, but yes, I agree. I too wondered why he went for Abi, and I had been wondering about the " don't bring goats to FTC" thing. I do hope he didn't fall for it.

I'm so relieved that I generally like everyone left in the game. I was also concerned about Tasha, but couldn't quite follow everything that happened, as my husband broke a cardinal rule and spoke while I was watching the show. 

Mine did the same thing.  And he totally knows better - I've only been watching this show for 15 years.  This is why I must DVR it and re-watch it over the weekend.  

• Love 4
What magic powers does Jeremy have to make everyone want to work with him so much? 

If I could find caps of Jeremy's smile and his shirtless chest I would post them here. :) 

I really think this is what's going on. I don't think Jeremy is coming off as the biggest threat to the people in the game. His gameplay is very subtle and UTR so I can't really judge them for it. But at the same time, even if they don't see just how in control Jeremy is, I still don't really get why any of them want to keep him. All of the women in particular should know their chances of winning against Jeremy are about 0 no matter how little they think he's done. As for Spencer, I am starting to wonder if maybe he knows about Jeremy's idol.

I don't understand how Kelley expected to get Tasha out, without Abi.  

Yea, this whole thing isn't making any sense. There is no way imo that Kelley wouldn't have told Abi that the plan switched to Tasha. I don't get what happened there.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

The "we" talk was really funny!

I don't see this season's jury being bitter towards players who flipped on them. Everyone did it to a degree - voting blocks versus true alliances. 

After Abi's TH wondering who she should take to the end - I said Bye!!

Does Jeremy know he's not a girl?  You know, in the all girls alliance?

I figured with Tasha's near drowning there would be sympathy and the vote would switch back to Keith.

It will be interesting to see where Spencer goes from here - he essentially has two final threes. I, honestly, don't even know which way would be best for him at this point. Taking Keith is probably a no brainer, because although he's killed quite a few challenges, his strategy is virtually non-existent. But Wentworth....she's scored two idols and blindsided Savage. It really just depends on how the jury is going to determine their votes, but I think taking her might be risky. I might actually want to take Keith and Sasha, if that's possible. 

This is all, of course, assuming Spencer is IN the final three, which I truly hope he is. I think he has improved the most upon his previous game. To see him being an immediate early target in this game, to totally turning it around and locking down final three deals with two different groups, and not even really being considered as a boot in weeks - it's pretty amazing. AND he solved that final puzzle faster than any of the testers were able to! Quite impressive. 

I agree with you about Spencer being the most improved, making the most out of his second chance. I am enjoying watching him play! I hope he doesn't panic in these last few days and make costly mistakes.

Edited by Bouffe
  • Love 5

I just love Jeremy's facial expressions when he talks strategy.  So quiet, polite, and unassuming, eyes downcast, appearing to be willing to be swayed.  Jeremy for the win.

Yeah, it seems that whenever anyone presents Jeremy with a strategy idea, he does what a good negotiator learns to do:  agree and/or concede it's a good or interesting idea worthy of consideration.  And then maybe he will start to swing the conversation in a different direction.  But not before validating what the other person said, even if subtly done.  I don't think he really believed Tasha's hooey about who deserves to win, but he agreed with her and validated her because it was in his own best interest.

And he totally let Spencer win that immunity.  Thus ensuring they both stay another day (thanks to his idol).

Tasha makes me want to roll my eyes.  She is so imperious and humorless.

• Love 3

I understand that they all wanted Joe gone because he is a challenge monster.  I don't understand why both Kelly and Abi were rejoicing that they didn't have to have him around any more, as if he was someone they really didn't like.  I wonder what all that's about.  We've never seen him arguing or being snarky to the rest of the tribe.

Oh, but he was really ugly to Abi and possibly a few others. We didn't see that because Probst would never allow us to see him in a bad light. Someone else upthread mentioned Joe's interviews afterward where he admitted that and owned up to it.

Abi's not a Scorpio, she's the sign just before it. I am a Scorpio, her birthday is earlier in October.

• Love 4

Abi's not a Scorpio, she's the sign just before it. I am a Scorpio, her birthday is earlier in October.

Sheesh, she's a Libra!?!  The sign known for balance, harmony, and diplomacy?  I wonder what her moon sign is?

ETA:  depending on what year she was born, 10/23 could be on the cusp of or actually Scorpio.

Edited by Special K

I understand the rational behind voting Abi off - she IS an unpredictable player, which makes it really hard to play with her (among many, many other things). Was it the right move in that moment, at that time in the season? I say no. There is NO WAY anyone would vote for her at FTC. She did NOTHING but annoy everyone. She was the perfect goat, IMO. Did Jeremy and Spencer let Kelley's talk of "no goat should go to FTC" get to them?

The reason why Tasha wanted her out is because she is unreliable. At a point when numbers are so small, you need to make sure you have solid allies you can count on. Abi will say she is with you but if you look at her wrong or fart at her or do something to offend her precarious balance of sanity, she will turn on you and expose your plan to the other side.

She hold grudges, and plays too emotionally. As exemplified by her parting words, "well, now I am on the jury and I get to decide who wins a million dollars". She is already saying here that she will be a bitter juror.

• Love 5
Why did she vote for Keith? She was under the impression that the 4 all-girl alliance was sticking with the plan to vote for Keith. She didn't know she was about to be blindsided.

I wonder, then, if there was talk of the girls alliance voting out Keith. Because we didn't see any of that. We saw Kelley and Keith wanting to get out Tasha, and Tasha and Jeremy didn't even want to talk to Abi. I am aware it's absolutely possible that there were other conversations we didn't see, but from what we did see, Abi had no reason to think the girl alliance was going forward. 

• Love 2
Thank you, cooksdelight, I did not know this.

Funny when viewers have to watch webchats and read blogs in order to understand what's really going on in game shows, no?

It's really freaking annoying, is what it is. I realize they only have so much time, but don't show Abi saying "Payback's a bitch" if you're not going to show us WHY.

• Love 7

I can't even be happy that Abi is gone now because it's so long overdue. If I had to suffer through watching her heinous behavior for this many weeks, I would rather she had gotten to FTC and then listened to the jury explain to her exactly why she was getting zero votes.

Tasha thinks that Keith not knowing her name is either a sign that he's faking being dumb or actually is as dumb as he seems. Whereas I think it's just that she's not as important as she thinks she is he doesn't give a fuck what her name is unless he's voting her out.

What the hell was Kelley talking about with payback? What did Joe ever do that he would need "payback" for? Shut up, Kelley.

I didn't get that either. Joe was the one who clued her in that she was getting voted out the night she played her idol. If it weren't for him, she would have been gone weeks ago. She's a decent player, but there's something really off-putting about her for me. Every time she starts talking, I just wish she would stop.

I meant, why did Kelley not clue Abi in to stick with voting Tasha out.

I think she did because there's no way that they have the numbers unless Abi votes with them, but Abi flipped. Based on Abi saying that all the "we" conversation was making her have to think about which way to go, I believe she decided to change her vote after they got to TC. Kelley thought she, Keith, Spencer, and Abi were voting for Tasha. Abi thought Jeremy, Kimmi, and Tasha were voting for Keith, not knowing that they and Spencer were actually voting for her. So Abi flipped on Kelley and Keith, and voted for Keith, thinking it would send him home. The final votes were:

Jeremy, Spencer, Kimmi, Tasha -- voted for Abi

Kelley, Keith -- voted for Tasha

Abi -- voted for Keith.

I don't think it could have been that Abi thought there was a women's alliance, it was voting for Keith, and that she stayed loyal to it, simply because Kelley knew that's not what was happening and Kelley needed Abi in order to get Tasha out. (She also needed Spencer, but didn't know she didn't have him.) There's no way Kelley would have left Abi in the dark about the vote.

• Love 9

It's particularly awful of Tasha to call Keith slow when she knows perfectly well he's exhausted. According to Joe, Keith also collapsed at that immunity challenge last week and had to be revived. That happened maybe a day before the reward challenge. Keith may be difficult for some people to understand, but he's generally fairly coherent. After that reward challenge, he was obviously struggling to form sentences. To call him "slow" because he couldn't come up with her name in his confusion was incredibly insensitive.

• Love 19
I don't think it could have been that Abi thought there was a women's alliance, it was voting for Keith, and that she stayed loyal to it, simply because Kelley knew that's not what was happening and Kelley needed Abi in order to get Tasha out. (She also needed Spencer, but didn't know she didn't have him.) There's no way Kelley would have left Abi in the dark about the vote.

That makes more sense to me, except that Abi said she thought she was voting with the women's alliance.  Maybe Tasha or Kimmi came to her after Kelley and told her it was back on, just to tell her something?  

I don't fault Keith for not being good with names.  He thought Peih Gee was Phoebe for a while, too.  

Edited by Guest
It's particularly awful of Tasha to call Keith slow when she knows perfectly well he's exhausted. According to Joe, Keith also collapsed at that immunity challenge last week and had to be revived. That happened maybe a day before the reward challenge. Keith may be difficult for some people to understand, but he's generally fairly coherent. After that reward challenge, he was obviously struggling to form sentences. To call him "slow" because he couldn't come up with her name in his confusion was incredibly insensitive.

Yea, I thought it was just because he was extremely exhausted. Hell, they all are. She almost drowned! She should know better. 

• Love 5

I wonder why Jeremy and Spencer had "extreme buyers remorse" the next morning after voting Joe out.  One of the women must've given them reason to think the women's alliance was back on, I guess.  Or it was just bullshitting and agreeing with each other.  I prefer it to the usual "hard alliance vs. hard alliance" stuff but it's really hard to tell what people are actually thinking.  (Oh, never mind.  I see now Kimmi and Tasha talked about voting Keith out next, which spooked Jeremy at least.)

Edited by Guest

If Spencer's all about strategy I think that's where he's going to lose.  This game is more about that, I agree.  I think Spencer is going to lose because of the other part.

Yes, this game is about more than "Outwit" it is also about "Outplay." Spencer has been kicking ass in the individual challenges and none of the remaining players have done better in the individual immunity challenges. He has definitely outplayed any of the others left and that combined with his superior strategic game should make him the favorite to win the million.

• Love 3

That makes more sense to me, except that Abi said she thought she was voting with the women's alliance.  Maybe Tasha or Kimmi came to her after Kelley and told her it was back on, just to tell her something?  

That's what I thought too, on reading Abi's first tweets after the show. But after reading more explanations from players, etc., Abi was meaning to vote Keith off to make sure the women's numbers hold up, making it 4-2, but not necessarily that the vote was because of a women's alliance working in secret.

Spencer/Kelley/Keith told Abi they were voting for Tasha.

Jeremy/Tasha/Kimmi told Spencer they were voting off Abi instead.

Sometime between that, Tasha/Jeremy/Kimmi got to Abi and told them they were voting Keith.

Abi still thought Spencer was with them - them being Kelley/Keith, so she flipped thinking she has four votes for Keith with Tasha/Jeremy/Kimmi, voting Keith off and keeping four women strong.

Abi then got blindsided at tribal.

Keeping up the women's numbers up is interesting. It really feels like there's a lot of gameplay not being shown. On one of Kimmi's THs, she said that she's trying to get the women's alliance strong, and get to the F3 with all women because she strongly feels that, if there is one man who ends up in F3, that one man will get all of the men's votes from the jury, and thus probably end up winning. It seemed like that's the vibe she got from camp from the contestants who then went on to the jury.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2