Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E16: Finale Part Two: America's Next Top Model Is…

Then we go back to previous pics - hi again, Erik Alda! - and yes, Mame looks static, but so does Nyle!!! Always giving us the same facial expressions in each and every picture. I

So much of this season was shot by the same photographer that I can't necessarily fault Nyle on this. If Erik Asla had a particular favorite angle to shoot Nyle from, he's probably going to ask for that one every time for at least a few shots. I can see why he'd like that particular one because something about Nyle's expression is very engaging dead on, and the judges that pick the photos must like it, too. In individual campaigns, that might indeed be his money-making shot. However, in a portfolio, it's going to look like he doesn't have much range.

Hopefully he'll be able to show more versatility when his photos aren't shot by the same dude and picked by the same people every week. Other photographers might have a different vision.

I'm not used to my favorite contestant winning on anything so I'm still kind of in shock. Nyle got the winner's edit the entire way, IMO, so I was expecting it to be a diversion and for Mame to win or something.

Now that I think of it, post-tyover Lacey reminds me a lot of pre-makeover Holly from the first season of Make Me a Supermodel or whatever that show was.

Team Nyle For Life! He deserved to win. He has been consistently great all season long. As for the night modeling challenge, Nyle's photo sucked, but that wasn't his fault because he not only can't hear, he can't see in the dark, either. I blame Yu Tsai for not coming up with a better way to communicate with Nyle & Tyra, for inventing such a ridiculous challenge in the first place. Re the final runway, Mame' was better than Nyle there, but Nyle's final photos were better than hers, IIRC he's won more challenges than her & he's more versatile than her. Re the Nyle only having "one look" theory, his music video performance and the high school after dark challenge proved otherwise & even if that "one look" theory was true, so what? If that's the look that the client wants & Nyle gives it to them, then he's just doing his job, the way I see it. 

Back to the final runway, when it came to the clothes, Nyle & Mame' made lemonade out of lemons. I appreciate high fashion, but Rocky Gathercode's collection showed that there's a this line between "Editorial" & "Batshit crazy." Re Mikey, I felt worse for his mama than I did for him. Mikey's loss isn't her fault. Lacey's pretty, but she's more Glamour than Vogue.  About Nyle's future, I can see him doing print, commercial & some runway work re modeling & since he's done some acting I can see him succeeding there, too. Nyle may not be the next Tyson Beckford, but I don't see him fading into obscurity, either. 

Speaking of obscurity, between this show's cancellation, quitting Fab Life & her crappy makeup line, something tells me that Tyra's not going to be richer than Gisele anytime soon, if ever. 

Devin annoyed me so much on the runway I was thinking how irritating he would be to work with pretty much the whole time. 

Same here. Devin's final runway performance was his tackiest yet, and given his season-long track record of tackiness, that's saying something. 

Edited by DollEyes

Was looking for this forum and it had diasappeared from front page already! Oh how fast the mighty fall...

I'd say best of luck to the final 4, starting with Mikey. Something about him screams both fragile person and strong model to me, so of this season he's the one I most want to succeed (he's like the male Molly to me - not sure of her name, but there was a girl who took amazing pictures and lost to Britney/Britanny?, some seasons/cycles ago? I have no idea what became of her but she DID photograph so well...).

I'd also love to see Mamé being the next darling model of a French designer - she has a look that could work extremely well on European runways.  

Kinda like in the old TWOP fav "Showbiz Moms and Dads" where Shane Klingensmith's Mom was blabbering on and on how Shane was playing at the "Raymond James Stadium Where the Bucaneers Play" and he was really singing on a flatbed truck parked outside in the lot.

I was trying to remember what that show was just a few days ago! I also couldn't remember Shane's name. That thread was a blast (I was Elevation over on TWoP), and ever since then any sort of reference/mention of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers makes me think of Shane.

• Love 1

I wasn't the biggest fan of Mikey. I certainly didn't hate him, but I just cannot get his mom's reaction to him losing out of my mind. I felt so bad for her like I've never felt for a contestant (or contestant's mother) before in any reality or scripted show I have ever watched. I just keep telling myself that she was acting and missed her calling at being a great actress. 

OT: PamelaMaeSnap you said your username was Jazzie Cazzie on the TwoP site. I may be mistaken, but weren't you the one who would post in the AI forums and you had a young daughter in a band? I always wondered if your daughter ever auditioned for AI. If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry. My mind is like a rusted steel trap lately lol. 

• Love 1

OT: PamelaMaeSnap you said your username was Jazzie Cazzie on the TwoP site. I may be mistaken, but weren't you the one who would post in the AI forums and you had a young daughter in a band? I always wondered if your daughter ever auditioned for AI. If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry. My mind is like a rusted steel trap lately lol. 

Yourpointis ... your mind is totally on point!!! Yes, that was me ... I did/do love the AI forums (probably more than I love AI, at least since the George Huff era, but I'll still miss it like heck!).

And yes, my daughter, The Artist Formerly Known As Cazzie Lite, was indeed in a high school band in those days (they were called Lemonface and had a small but dedicated following in DC for awhile that actually included more than just their parents.). She did put together two solo EPs while in college (got her music degree in songwriting at Berklee) but never auditioned for any of the reality shows (though several of her friends did and a few made it to TV rounds, plus she became post-AI friends with a few contestants who went on to Berklee AFTER their AI days). Actually, not sure she COULD have auditioned for AI because I have a long-time friend who is closely enough involved with the show that her knowing him would likely have made her ineligible. She no longer performs but works in music supervision which she LOVES so she knows all about the seven circles of hell of getting songs cleared!!!

Sorry for hijack answer ... and back on topic, I'll add that I found myself surprisingly liking Mikey more and more as time passed. Plus, when he sort-of cleaned up I thought he was even kind of hot (the shots of him with the hair down but that gray suit? Very fine indeed!). In fact, I'll go so far as to say I think TyTy finished the cycle, for the first time ever (for me, for you) with four finalists with whom I'd have been happy with ANY of them "winning." 

I will really miss this trainwreck. Hoping that now they can start airing reruns from Season 1 on for me to enjoy (the short-term memory issues I have now make every show a new show!)

• Love 1

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Don't feel bad about the memory issues, I have them as well lol. Usually ANTM reruns any particular cycle on Saturdays but I'm not sure which station runs them. Also, good for your daughter. It's always good to hear about young people being able to do what they love and excel in that field. I'm going to miss this trainwreck of a show as well. Too bad there won't be a reunion show. I would love to see a non-catty reunion (or update atleast) of what all the winners are currently doing and a bunch of the also rans. 

• Love 1

In this day and age, I can't imagine a job that pays reasonably well without any education further than high school.  Even Starbucks barristas are required to have a bachelors degree (unless they recently relaxed that) and I remember a story the other day on NPR or some radio station that a particular McDonalds was also requiring a college degree.  

I'm sure you can get a minimum wage job with just a high school diploma, but without any education beyond that (and I'm including college, and technical schools....which are both getting more costly) I can't imagine.  And minimum wage would keep him pretty broke.

So, I truly hope modelling works out for him.

Considering who works at my local Starbucks I know for a fact that isn't true.  It might be that a manager at Starbucks has to have a Bachelor's though.