The Claypool Lennon Delirium - Southbound Pachyderm

Gorillaz - Saturnz Barz

Fiona Apple - Not About Love

Morrissey and David Bowie – Cosmic Dancer

PRINCE and the Revolution 1983 First Avenue Concert

Keaton Henson - You Don't Know How Lucky You Are

Messer Chups - Magneto - The Open Stage Berlin

Mars_AP_Oct2-770x433.jpg?impolicy=websit

This image made available by the European Space Agency (ESA) shows planet Mercury taken by the joint European-Japanese BepiColombo spacecraft Mercury Transfer Module’s Monitoring Camera 2, Friday, Oct. 1, 2021. (ESA via AP)

The pandemic gave the world a golden opportunity to fix the climate crisis. We’re about to waste it.

No more shrill prophecies of the end of the world and haunted used clothing ... Southern Baptist's won't be the same. Pat Robertson steps down as regular host of 'The 700 Club'

Ready-to-eat spices and food additives exposed to widespread rodent infestation were seized by the FDA

Saturday's Powerball potential payout is $635 million, the 10th largest jackpot in US lottery history

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. The CT scan was fine. They didn't have to use contrast and while it was a bit nerve-wracking for me being claustrophobic and all, I managed to survive. They said my doctor should get the results in 2-3 weeks. 

I have an appt with my optometrist on Tuesday because I got a new prescription (I now apparently need to start wearing glasses for reading) and there's something off with the right eye so we have to get it resolved. And a routine blood test on Friday and then I hope I will be done with all these stupid appointments. 

Hopefully it's nothing more serious than migraines with halos. 

I would have written sooner but it's been along week and I'm behind on all my forums. 

Thanks for your concern, I hope you're all doing well :)

• Love 9
Just now, jewel21 said:

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. The CT scan was fine. They didn't have to use contrast and while it was a bit nerve-wracking for me being claustrophobic and all, I managed to survive. They said my doctor should get the results in 2-3 weeks. 

I have an appt with my optometrist on Tuesday because I got a new prescription (I now apparently need to start wearing glasses for reading) and there's something off with the right eye so we have to get it resolved. And a routine blood test on Friday and then I hope I will be done with all these stupid appointments. 

Hopefully it's nothing more serious than migraines with halos. 

I would have written sooner but it's been along week and I'm behind on all my forums. 

Thanks for your concern, I hope you're all doing well :)

Oh thank heavens! I've been so worried. Please take good care. ❤️

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Yay!

I don't know how old you are but honey, after 50 it's patch, patch, patch.

(((hugs)))

41 sadly, lol. Eye doctor was like it's normal at your age to start needing glasses to read. It's just starting but don't be surprised if in 2-3 years you need them to read all the time. Like oh joy, something else to look forward to, heh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

(((Jewel)))

That's excellent news!

1 hour ago, OhioSongbird said:

Yay!

I don't know how old you are but honey, after 50 it's patch, patch, patch.

(((hugs)))

28 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

41 sadly, lol. Eye doctor was like it's normal at your age to start needing glasses to read. It's just starting but don't be surprised if in 2-3 years you need them to read all the time. Like oh joy, something else to look forward to, heh.

To chime in on Ohio's observation ,,, It's all about maintenance 

Get a good hairstylist/colorist, exercise, sunscreen, take care of your teeth, sex is good, great sex is better, laugh, we are imperfect so don't be so hard on yourself.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

(((Jewel)))

That's excellent news!

To chime in on Ohio's observation ,,, It's all about maintenance 

Get a good hairstylist/colorist, exercise, sunscreen, take care of your teeth, sex is good, great sex is better, laugh, we are imperfect so don't be so hard on yourself.

Lol, talking about reading glasses made me think of something weird that happened to me. My doctor was still trying to figure out my blood pressure meds and I was on one that made me light headed. One day I fainted. I hit my head, broke my nose (again) and split my lip along with various other owies. But the thing was, I no longer needed reading glasses. Still don't. 

image.png.b2c9ee62caa4863fa05dc38745336e34.png

I don't know.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 6
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Lol, talking about reading glasses made me think of something weird that happened to me. My doctor was still trying to figure out my blood pressure meds and I was on one that made me light headed. One day I fainted. I hit my head, broke my nose (again) and split my lip along with various other owies. But the thing was, I no longer needed reading glasses. Still don't. 

image.png.b2c9ee62caa4863fa05dc38745336e34.png

I don't know.

That explains a lot.

; )

• LOL 7

960.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format

Street art in Bristol by KRAP/The Guardian

Today's anti-mask activists have much in common with anti-handwashing doctors of the 1840s

th3fhxf43hn61.jpg?width=518&format=pjpg&

Hi! I'm Pixel. I'm a Cornish Rex. Do I make you uncomfortable?/Photo Kennedy News Service 

Famous Boston church to hold Blessing of the Animals

ocean-current-shore-0930211.jpg

Photo Gordon Scammell/Loop Images/Universal Images Group via Getty Images

A major Pacific current system is poised to heat up — with potentially devastating repercussions

The Velvet Underground, Nico - Sunday Morning

Larry McCray - Worried Down With the Blues

The Buddy Whittington Band - Help Me Through The Day

Seth Rosenbloom - Gambler's Blues

Cage The Elephant - Cold Cold Cold

The Five Dollar Sugar - Bad Bad Girl

Ben B. Beckendorf - Light In My Darkest Hour

ROSALÍA - A Palé

Bluestate - Early In the Morning

Blue Chamber - Reap What You Sow

Eugene Johnson - I Just Want to Make Love to You

Gorillaz - Tranz

SAVOY BROWN WITH KIM SIMMONDS - BLUES LIKE MIDNIGHT

Billie Holiday - I Must Have That Man

Freddie & The Screamers - Life Is Hard

Celso Salim Band - Devil In You

Steve Gilbert - If Trouble Was Money

Women’s March targets Supreme Court, with abortion on line

Dear DEVO, How do we get back our tails? How did humans lose their tails? Scientists discover what happened.

Screen_Shot_2021_09_27_at_3.43.33_PM.0.p

Siri, play “It Had To Be You.”/IMDb

Timeline of the far future is one of my favorite pages on Wikipedia

Alex Jones cries foul after court rules he must pay for his Sandy Hook conspiracy theories

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

The_New_York_Times_770x515.jpg

An Indian resident wearing a facemask walks past a graffiti of the Buddha also wearing a similar blue surgical mask/Getty Images/ Jakarta, Indonesia

Fauci says it's "too soon to tell" whether to avoid Christmas gatherings

The Canned Cocktails Craze: Are They Here to Stay? <shudder>

brooks-falls.jpg

Grizzly bears fishing for salmon at Brooks Falls, Katmai NP, Alaska/Shutterstock file photo

Fat Bear Week: It's time to weigh in on Katmai National Park's biggest bear

1000.jpeg

A cloud of gases are seen as lava from a volcano enters the sea on the Canary island of La Palma, Spain, Thursday Sept. 30, 2021. The surface of Spain's La Palma island continues growing as lava from a volcano keeps flowing into the Atlantic Ocean. Authorities were on alert because changing wind direction could sweep towards the island the plumes of toxic gases emerging from the sea. Sept. 30, 2021. (K*** Rincon/Europa Press via AP)

Half a degree makes a big difference in a warming world

02.jpg

Snow-covered mountains are seen behind the tiny town of Tasiilaq, Greenland, in June 2018/CNN

Bronze bust of George Floyd defaced at New York City's Union Square

Lynyrd Skynyrd - On The Hunt

Otis Redding - Pain In My Heart (Apollo Saturday Night) Live 1963

Booker T and the MG's - Mo' Onions

Floyd Newman - Frog Stomp

Bobby Marchan - You Won't Do Right

Wendy Rene - After Laughter (Comes Tears)

Drapels - Wondering (When My Love Is Coming Home)

Deanie Parker - Each Step I Take

The Van Dells - The Honeydripper

William Bell - Who Will It Be Tomorrow 

Dorothy Williams - Closer To My Baby

Eddie Jefferson - I Don't Want You Anymore

The Cobras - Restless

Barbara & The Browns - Big Party

Carla & Rufus Thomas - Night Time Is The Right Time

Ivory Joe Hunter - Can't Explain How It Happened

The Mar-Keys - Bush Bash

The Fleets - Please Return To Me

What we learned this week in the trial of Elizabeth Holmes

The winner of Saturday's $635 million Powerball jackpot is ... nobody

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

AP21277693844477_1200x768.jpeg?Tzul94z0B

An aerial photo shows floating barriers known as booms set up to try to stop further incursion into the Wetlands Talbert Marsh after an oil spill on Huntington Beach, in Huntington Beach, California, (AP)

Guess who's going to pay for this?

In pictures: Oil spill in Southern California

getty_126089724_2000143220009280410_3436

Getty Image File Photo

When Facebook, Instagram, et al is a greater threat than Coronavirus ...

LIVE UPDATES Facebook whistleblower testifies in Congress

Pandora Papers: An offshore data tsunami

56816960_303.jpg

One of the first big outbreaks of the virus in Europe occurred in Italy in the northern region of Lombardy, where hospitals were filled to capacity. Naturally, the entire country was affected, with tourism essentially shutting down, including in Rome where these two rule-abiding lovers were painted/DW File Photo

Dr. Francis Collins to step down as head of NIH

Josie Kreuzer - Ball That Jack

LOS MAMBO JAMBO - Hot Guindillas

The Hicksville Bombers = One Night

The Bullets - Ex Hex

Rockin' Ryan & the Real Goners- Cry of midnight

Hillbilly Moon Explosion - Maniac Lover

FATBOY,- Bad News From Pretty Red Lips

Restless - why don't you...just rock

The Leopards - Down That Line

The Go Getters - Welcome To My Hell

13 Cats - 13 Cats

Rip Carson - The Hate Inside of Me

War Criminal Regrets .... 'Some are just psychopaths': Chinese detective in exile reveals extent of torture against Uyghurs

960566181?$ecom-pdp-desktop$&defaultImag

Miscellany:

Who's Buying All This Candy Corn?

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

1000.jpeg

A staff at the California Department Fish & Wildlife examines a contaminated Sanderling from the oil spill in Huntington Beach, Calif., Monday, Oct. 4, 2021. (AP Photo/Ringo H.W. Chiu)

Ship’s anchor may have caused massive California oil spill

1000.jpeg

Workers clean oil from the sand, south of the pier, near a woman lying out in the sun, in Newport Beach, Calif., Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021. A leak in an oil pipeline caused a spill off the coast of Southern California, sending about 126,000 gallons of oil into the ocean, some ending up on beaches in Orange County. (Jeff Gritchen/The Orange County Register via AP)

800.jpeg

In this May 16, 2012, file photo, the Facebook logo is displayed on an iPad in Philadelphia. Facebook is asking a federal court to dismiss a revised complaint against it by the Federal Trade Commission, arguing that the agency has not provided enough evidence to show that the company is a monopoly. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke, File)

'The Dark Magic of the Internet' That Brought Facebook to Its Knees

a84a1593d2c553adda1a11152c9a2ef0.jpg

A pregnant woman wearing a face mask walks past a street mural in Hong Kong, on March 23, 2020/Photo: Anthony Wallace/AFP (Getty Images)

Hospitalization rates are down across the US, but these 8 states still have fewer than 15% of ICU beds available

Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Shotgun

The Supremes - Come See About Me

Gin Wigmore - Hand Over Heart

Bee Gees - To Love Somebody

MGMT - Kids

Otis Redding - Cigarettes And Coffee

Lightnin' Hopkins - It's A Sin To Be Rich, It's A Low-Down Shame To Be Poor

Louis Prima - Night Train

Sam Cooke - Twistin' The Night Away

ROSALÍA - Juro Que

Oh, Baby! Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe

Donna Summer - Heaven Knows

Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Loving Feeling

Aretha Franklin - Rocksteady

Four Tops - Reach Out (I'll Be There)

Gladys Knight & The Pips - If I Were Your Woman

Lawmakers, inspired by 'Pandora Papers,' to push new anti-corruption bill

Justice Department Is Reviewing Decision Not to Charge FBI Agents in Nassar Investigation

Nobel Prize in chemistry goes to Benjamin List and David MacMillan

Fat Bear Week 2021 crowns its winner

51jvATwnHpL.jpg

Moratorium to End the War in Vietnam, Washington D.C., November 15, 1969/Photo Robert Altman

Robert Altman, 1960s counterculture photographer, dies at 76

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

d2n_dc_flags_10_edit2_custom-e805d1c5e55

A composite photograph captures the passage of day to night at the "In America: Remember" art installation on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Each flag represents an American life lost to COVID-19/Stephen Wilkes/National Geographic

To capture the scope of COVID's toll, this photographer spent 30 hours on one photo

The Supreme Court confronts the CIA’s worst-kept secret

Toymakers race to get products on shelves amid supply clogs

Louisiana: Restored nesting island wildly popular with birds

1000.jpeg

The Rotterdam Express is seen at the Port of Oakland, Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2021 in Oakland, Calif. The Rotterdam Express, a massive cargo ship made a series of unusual movements while anchored in the closest spot to a Southern California oil pipeline that ruptured and sent crude washing up on beaches, according to data collected by a marine navigation service. (AP Photo/Josh Edelson)

‘It is there pretty much forever’: Huntington Beach oil spill may permanently affect birds

Trashing the planet and hiding the money isn’t a perversion of capitalism. It is capitalism. Exploiting people, exploiting land, and keeping its ugly side secret. Its historical effects are all too recognisable in the Pandora papers now

Otis Redding- That's How Strong My Love Is

Booker T & the MG's - Can't Be Still

Little Walter - My Babe

Carla Thomas - A Woman's Love

Barbara & The Browns - My Lover

Sam & Dave - A Place Nobody Can Find

Astors - Candy

Wendy Rene ~ Give You What I Got

The Mad Lads - Don't Have To Shop Around

William Bell - Crying All By Myself

Rufus Thomas & Carla Thomas - When You Move You Lose

Premiers - Make It Me

800.jpeg

In this June 11, 2019 file photo, firefighter Charles VeaVea pours flames from a drip torch near the Kings River during a prescribed fire in Kings Canyon National Park, Calif. A bill signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom, Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2021, adds legal protections for private landowners and those who manage prescribed burns by raising the legal standards for seeking wildfire suppression costs from simple negligence to gross negligence. (AP Photo/Brian Melley, File)

California encourages prescribed burns to counter wildfires

Ex-Facebook employee asks lawmakers to step in. Will they?

Judge orders Texas to suspend new law banning most abortions

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

paper-butterflies.jpg

Credit: Unsplash/CC0 Public Domain

What is chaos? A complex systems scientist explains

SPL5174292_004.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

NY Public Library's iconic lion sentinels wearing masks/Credit New York Post

The Things That Are Getting Better, Pandemic-Wise, Finally

Whistleblower: Facebook is misleading the public on progress against hate speech, violence, misinformation

IQL6KEIYQFCOJFB3RL2E4CSTUA.jpg

A St. Francis' satyr butterfly rests on a leaf in a swamp at Fort Bragg in North Carolina on Monday, July 29, 2019. It's wing was marked for identification by a biologist studying the rare insect. (AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty)

"It's a war": California turns to new, high-tech helicopters to battle wildfires

Miniature Calendar

hypatia-h_bf1ea2989e08c54682868e3861f3c9

Credit: Lyon & Turnbull

Alabama capital strips Confederate president’s name off road

• Love 6

1000.jpeg

People wait in line to receive a dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at Belgrade Fair makeshift vaccination center in Belgrade, Serbia, Saturday, Oct. 2, 2021. Russians are flocking to Serbia to receive Western-approved COVID-19 shots. Although Russia has its own vaccine known as Sputnik V, the shot has not been approved by international health authorities. (AP Photo/Darko Vojinovic)

Russians flock to Serbia for Western-made COVID-19 vaccines

Marvin Gaye - Sunny

Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home To Me

Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

David Ruffin - Walk Away From Love

Temptations - Ain't Too Proud to Beg

The Manhattans - Kiss and Say Goodbye

Betty Wright - Tonight is the Night

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Jennifer Holliday - And I'm Telling You

The Shirelles - Mama Said

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - I Second That Emotion.

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

France Joli - Gonna Get Over You

Luther Vandross - Never Too Much

Evelyn "Champagne" King - I'm In Love

Cheryl Lynn ‎– Got To Be Real

615fad61ad48d.image.jpg?crop=1765,993,0,

In this Sunday, Sept. 19, 2021 file photo, Flames burn up a tree as part of the Windy Fire in the Trail of 100 Giants grove in Sequoia National Forest, Calif. Northern California wildfires may have killed hundreds of giant sequoias as they swept through groves of the majestic monarchs in the Sierra Nevada, an official said Wednesday. (AP Photo/Noah Berger, File, File)

Hundreds of giant sequoias may have burned as the Complex Fire rages in California

1000.jpeg

Former Facebook employee and whistleblower Frances Haugen testifies during a Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation hearing on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021, in Washington. (Drew Angerer/Pool via AP)

EXPLAINER: Could Facebook sue whistleblower Frances Haugen?

Pandora Papers: EXPLAINER: How global deal stems corporate use of tax havens

86556116fa7b4d2296bbfb6e21c5ae87

A forensics team bury a group of 15 migrants who died trying to cross the Darien Gap, at the Guayabillo cemetery in Agua Fria, Panama, Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021. The migrants, who are buried with plasticized cards containing what little information investigators were able to gather, die of natural causes or in accidental deaths while crossing the Darien jungle trying to make their way to the United States. (AP Photo/Arnulfo Franco)

(ASSOCIATED PRESS)

Journalists Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov win Nobel Peace Prize

210924192515-restricted-six-days-in-fall

Screen grab from video game 'Six Days in Fallujah'/CNN

Opal Lee’s Juneteenth dream came true, but she isn’t done

18 ex-NBA players charged in $4M health care fraud scheme

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

5184.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

A Covid-19 memorial in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, New York/Shutterstock

COVID-19: why are people testing positive on lateral flow tests then negative on PCR?

Changing The Facebook Conversation

Elton John, Shakira Named in Pandora Papers as U.K. and Australia Call for Review of Leaked Tax Shelter Documents

3000.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=forma

The closed beach after oil washed up on a beach in Newport Beach,California. Photograph: Ringo HW Chiu/AP

Before Oil Spill, Long Beach Approved 20-Year Pipeline Pump Station Lease

Greetings from Catalina Island!

John Coltrane / Live in Seattle (Disc2)

The Black Wonder Years is Making White Folks Mad

11-29-2013-dl0645-spain.jpg?w=1280&h=853

A banner shows the faces of people that disappeared during Franco's dictatorship in Madrid, Sept. 26, 2013. Spanish people demonstrate against the Franco dictatorship's crimes in Madrid. The protest coincided in a week in which Argentina said they will arrest four torturers of Franco's dictatorship regime.RODRIGO GARCIA/DEMOTIX/CORBIS

Old wounds are exposed as Spain finally brings up the bodies of Franco’s victims

Switzerland leads the world in genius uses for cheese

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I hope you're having a fun time in Catalina, Cupid!  Just be careful if you go to the hospital there...a certain doctor on staff likes to steal babies and sell them to fashion house heiresses to pay his gambling debts. 😉

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I hope you're having a fun time in Catalina, Cupid!  Just be careful if you go to the hospital there...a certain doctor on staff likes to steal babies and sell them to fashion house heiresses to pay his gambling debts. 😉

Never fear, Snap. The worst we have to concern ourselves with is Sammy Hagar's 3 day Birthday Bash, and a 10k and 5k marathon Saturday. Mr. Stunt and I relaxed, had a leisurely dinner, then went dancing at a Abba tribute concert in the plaza park Sat night. Good fun.

The weather's been sunny and mild. All the better to go fishing and work on our melanomas. 

• Love 4

1000.jpeg

A volcano continues to spew out lava on the Canary island of La Palma, Spain in the early hours of Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021. A new river of lava has belched out from the La Palma volcano, spreading more destruction on the Atlantic Ocean island where molten rock streams have already engulfed over 1,000 buildings. The partial collapse of the volcanic cone overnight sent a new lava stream Saturday heading toward the western shore of the island. (AP Photo/Daniel Roca)

Why the American west’s ‘wildfire season’ is a thing of the past – visualized

1000.jpeg

Charron Powell stands with a photo of her son, LeGend Talieferro, at her home in Raytown, Mo. on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. LeGend was 4 years old when he was fatally shot June 29, 2020 while he was sleeping in an apartment staying with his father. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)

Merck Sells Federally Financed Covid-19 Pill for 40 Times What It Costs to Make

The Life & Music of the Godmother of Rock and Roll, Sister Rosetta Tharpe

If you’re talking about the origins of rock & roll, Sister Rosetta Tharpe has to be included in those conversations. Her early fusion of gospel, the blues, and the electric guitar (as on 1944’s Strange Things Happening Every Day, a contender for the first rock & roll record) had a huge influence on men like Little Richard, Chuck Berry, and Elvis Presley, who ended up winning much of the credit for this innovation. This 60-minute BBC documentary from 2011 is a good place to start learning about Tharpe. 

The Story Of Sister Rosetta Tharpe 02

The Story Of Sister Rosetta Tharpe 03

The Story Of Sister Rosetta Tharpe 04

Believe Black Women. 20 Years Ago, She Warned Us About R. Kelly

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. The myth of civic education

How to blow the whistle on Facebook – from someone who already did

3 US-based economists win Nobel prize for societal research

Pandora Papers US proposes crackdown on financial ‘enablers’ in wake of Pandora papers

b1feb46f38a248838c6ef17e053c23c6.jpg

Photo: mphillips007 (Getty Images)

The Reason For Your Halloween Candy Paranoia

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Could some Canadian Preverts share their Thanksgiving recipes?

Since they're watching Y&R, I think it's safe to assume they already have their turkey.

ButtBiscuit is like finding an extra turkey neck.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Yams are a mystery to me. Are they better not candied?

I prefer my yams with just butter and salt; they are sweet enough already.

I've never had green bean casserole for Thanksgiving in Canada. I had to look up what it was when realDiane brought her famous dish to US Thanksgiving on Y&R a couple of decades ago since I didn't know it was a 'thing' for US Thanksgiving.  It may be my farmer ancestor roots, but we tend to have turkey with fresh harvest vegetables (and the last green beans were picked over a month ago).

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

1000.jpeg

In this Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2020, file photo, a man takes a coffee break in front of a COVID 19-themed mural, in Beverly Hills, Calif. On Monday, Oct. 11, 2021, California's coronavirus death toll reached 70,000. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez, File)

California coronavirus death count tops 70,000 as cases fall

alisal-fire-at-101.jpg

Alisal Fire, Santa Barbara County/Copyright 2021 Scripps Media, Inc/Photo by: KSBY

Alisal Fire prompts evacuations in Santa Barbara County and closure of part of California's iconic Highway 101

original.jpg

Sukakpak Mountain, seen along Dalton Highway in northern Alaska/Bob Wick / Bureau of Land Management

American Landscapes, Seen Through the Lens of Bob Wick

- Bob Wick was a photographer for the U.S. Bureau of Land Management who recently retired after 33 years of service. Bob reflected on his career. “It has been extremely fulfilling to see my photos used in BLM, across the Department, and non-profits and getting to showcase the beauty of public lands and the resources we see,” he said. “When you see things on paper in words, it’s one thing, but when you see the image of the lands that you’re affecting with that resource decision, it’s a more powerful way to communicate the message. I like bringing joy to people with photos. A lot of people are armchair travelers and can’t go to remote places, but they get the satisfaction of seeing the beauty through my photos. I’m always happy to be able to share that beauty. I also think that images help build pride among employees as reminders of the vast and irreplaceable places that BLM manages.” Bob Wick's further adventures on Instagram.

More than 130 countries reach deal on corporate minimum tax

The judge who jailed Black children for a crime that doesn’t exist

3635b983-a83e-48b4-8b7b-2698b6553dd2.jpe

Getty Images Plus

Facebook is Too Big, Fail

The Origins of 25 Fall Traditions

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Yams are a mystery to me. Are they better not candied?

The world will never know.

Yams are not sweet potatoes. It's just that people got confused.

image.png.d9dc14e0d6c91b2310adff44a5b39ac0.png 

I like to make baked sweet potatoes with butter and toasted pecans.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Thing1 makes this sweet potato casserole

Cooking spray

1 1/2 c. grated Gruyere

1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs

2 tbsp. chopped parsley

extra-virgin olive oil

1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted

3 garlic cloves, grated

2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme

kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

2 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced

1/4 c. low-sodium chicken stock

Directions:

-- Preheat 375 degrees F. Spray large skillet with cooking spray.

-- In a small bowl combine 1 cup Gruyere, breadcrumbs, parsley and 3 to 4 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.

-- In a large bowl combine butter, garlic, thyme, remaining Gruyere, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Fold in sweet potatoes until well coated. Arrange sweet potatoes with slight overlap in the skillet. Pour stock into bowl to collect any remaining bits and pour over potatoes.

-- Sprinkle Gruyere breadcrumb mixture in an even layer over the potatoes. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until bubbling and golden brown, about 20 minutes. For deeper golden color, broil for last few minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yams are not sweet potatoes. It's just that people got confused.

image.png.d9dc14e0d6c91b2310adff44a5b39ac0.png 

I like to make baked sweet potatoes with butter and toasted pecans.

Thank you for finally clearing that up! My grocery store has this backwards.  On the display, the sign above the sweet potato says "yams".  Then when I do self-checkout, I select yams, and I end up getting charged $4.99/lb instead of the .99/lb that the sign said.  And I make the same mistake every time!  So now I know, because I've never had that thing in the picture on the left-hand side.  

Anyway, I cut the sweet potato into french fries, toss with olive oil, salt & pepper, and Cajun seasoning, and roast them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I make a decent sweet potato pie for Thanksgiving - yams work just fine in their place.

Otherwise, I carefully select the best I can find, store them in the potato bin and then throw them out 2 months later.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

1000.jpeg

Crows sit on grave crosses in the section of a cemetery reserved for coronavirus victims in Kolpino, outside St. Petersburg, Russia, Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021. Russia hit another record of daily coronavirus deaths Tuesday as the country struggled with a rapid surge of infections and lagging vaccination rates, but authorities have been adamant that there would be no new national lockdown. (AP Photo/Dmitri Lovetsky)

Next on FDA’s agenda: Booster shots of Moderna, J&J vaccines

51bnU2WpKKL._AC_SX355_.jpg

Spy vs Spy Navy nuclear engineer and wife charged with trying to sell submarine secrets appear in court

8b5611632f7ccb82e7f877ce94d6ab1a

Photo Scott Taetsch/Getty

NFL won’t release more from WFT investigation despite anger over offensive emails

1000.jpeg

The words "Expect Us" are spray painted on the base of the Andrew Jackson statue in Lafayette Park as Indigenous and environmental activists protest in front of the White House in Washington, Monday, Oct. 11, 2021. The words are part of the phrase "Respect Us, or Expect Us" which indigenous women have been using while protesting oil company Enbridge's Line 3 pipeline through Minnesota. President Joe Biden on Friday issued the first-ever presidential proclamation of Indigenous Peoples Day, lending the most significant boost yet to efforts to refocus the federal holiday celebrating Christopher Columbus toward an appreciation of Native peoples. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

The Secrets of The World’s Greatest Freediver

Blessings from the Church of Punk:

DREAD MESSIAH - Mind Insurrection

Know The Drill - New Winter

Madness - Night Boat to Cairo

The Commited - Wake Up ! Get Up ! Play Up !

The Flaming Lips - American Head

Liberty - Label Me

The Vex - The Shift

Out Of Order - Survival of the Fittest

Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down

The Dead Pets - Mothers Ruin

Devo - Satisfaction

Coitus - Rise Of The Shithead

WireAP_5160f5e8a086461096eb98b36acc3373_

In this Thursday, April 29, 2021 file photo, a coal-fired RWE power plant steams on a sunny day in Neurath, Germany. The International Energy Agency is urging governments to make stronger commitments to cut greenhouse gas emissions at an upcoming U.N. climate summit. The 30-country organization said Wednesday, Oct. 13 in its annual world energy outlook that the economic rebound from the COVID-19 pandemic also has seen an increase in the use of coal and oil as well as a leap in emissions. (AP Photo/Martin Meissner, file) 

The AP Interview: NZ climate chief to aim higher at UN talks

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

AAP7Ap6.img?h=560&w=747&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Oil platforms Elly, left, and Ellen, shown in August 2019, stand about nine miles off Huntington Beach. © (Sean Greene / Los Angeles Times) 

Experts to ask Congress for more offshore oil oversight as California cleanup continues

AAPupm7.img?h=530&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

An Aedes mosquito, with its distinct white strips, feeding on human blood/© Courtesy: San Gabriel Valley Mosquito & Vector Control District 

Maine can bar religious exemptions to COVID-19 vaccine mandate, judge rules

Happiness is a warm gun ,,, 'Huge problem': Passengers are bringing a record number of guns to the airport, TSA says

1000.jpeg

Activists holding a cardboard cutouts of Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison protest outside of the International Monetary Fund headquarters during the World Bank/IMF Annual Meetings in Washington, Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021. (AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)

Big picture, big data: Swiss unveil VR software of universe

Film TV workers union says strike to start next week

800.jpeg

A two-headed diamondback terrapin is weighed at the Birdsey Cape Wildlife Center on Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021, in Barnstable, Mass., where the two-week old animal is being treated. The turtle is alive and kicking — with all six of its legs — after hatching recently. (Steve Heaslip/Cape Cod Times via AP)

A 'living fossil' alligator gar is found for the first time in a Kansas river

Mary-Cain-New-Balance-GP-2014-by-Victah-

Mary Cain/File Photo Runners Weekly

Now question in NFL is: Does Gruden reflect broader culture?

Bosnian makes rotating house a monument of love for his wife

FDA spells out lower sodium goals for food industry

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Sea_Surface_Temperature_-_November_2007.

CNN Illustration

La Niña has arrived and will stick around. Here is what that means for the dry Southwest and US hurricanes

afhgan-women-1014211.jpg

fghan women airport workers are pictured at a security checkpoint of the airport in Kabul on September 12, 2021 (KARIM SAHIB/AFP via Getty Images)

A little Fascism goes a long way ... Texas school administrator told teachers to include Holocaust books with 'opposing' views when explaining new state law

1440x810_cmsv2_d20fb028-e861-52a7-9533-e

People gather in Piazza del Popolo square during a protest, in Rome, Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021/Copyright  Credit: Cecilia Fabiano/LaPresse

Protests as Italy's Covid-19 pass becomes mandatory for workers

Why so many people undercharge for their work

A blind taste test to determine the best plant-based chicken nuggets

• Love 3

7049.jpg?width=940&quality=85&auto=forma

Bedtime procrastination is known to affect anyone who struggles with stress, extended working hours or inadequate downtime/Photograph: Franck Allais/The Guardian

Cities, police unions clash as vaccine mandates take effect

3118.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

The Port of Los Angeles in California is backed up with a growing number of incoming cargo ships waiting offshore. Photograph: Jason Armond/Los Angeles/Times/Rex/Shutterstock

Prescribed burn gets out of hand, prompts evacuations in California

Attorney: Cruz to plead guilty to Parkland school massacre

Rival Sons - Pressure and Time

Pretty Girls Make Graves - Parade

1000.jpeg

In this Nov.26, 2020 file photo, Hubert Germain, a WWII Resistance fighter and the last "Compagnon de la Liberation" watches the funeral ceremony for fellow "Compagnon de la Liberation" Daniel Cordier, at the Invalides monument in Paris. Hubert Germain, the last of an elite group of decorated French Resistance fighters who helped liberate France from Nazi control in World War II, has died at 101.(AP Photo/Michel Euler, Pool, File)

Hubert Germain dies at 101; helped free France from Nazis

‘It’s a sweat factory’: Instacart workers ready to strike for pay and conditions

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

20210712_101419_h1.jpg

Wheatpaste Poster Art by Velvet Bandit, Santa Rosa, California

Reddit channel posts stories of anti-vaxxers dying of Covid, scaring fence-sitters into getting the shot

1000.jpeg

Migrants navigate on an overcrowded wooden boat in the Central Mediterranean Sea between North Africa and the Italian island of Lampedusa, Saturday, Oct. 2, 2021, as seen from aboard the humanitarian aircraft Seabird. At least 23,000 people have died or disappeared trying to reach Europe since 2014, according to the United Nations' migration agency. Despite the risks, many migrants say they'd rather die trying to reach Europe than be returned to Libya. (AP Photo/Renata Brito)

Los Angeles County trying to force Kobe Bryant's widow Vanessa to take psychiatric exam in lawsuit

1000.jpeg

A United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket carrying the LUCY spacecraft lifts off from Launch Complex 41 at the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Saturday, Oct. 16, 2021, in Cape Canaveral, Fla. Lucy, will observe Trojan asteroids, a unique family of asteroids that orbit the sun in front of and behind Jupiter. (AP Photo/(John Raoux)

Kaiser Permanente Employees May Strike Over Two-Tier Pay System

Rock star Randy Bachman's treasured Gretsch guitar was stolen 45 years ago. An internet sleuth helped find it

1000.jpeg

A man casts a net into a canal, Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021, in McAllen, Texas. Canals used to deliver water in many parts of the Rio Grande Valley lose anywhere from 10% to 40% of the water they carry to seepage and evaporation, according to the Texas Water Development Board, making water a growing concern amid climate change and rising demand that scientists predict will lead to water shortages in the region by 2060.(AP Photo/Eric Gay)

California’s Dirty Little Secret: Oil Wells in the Backyard

Moo. Unhappy with prices, ranchers look to build own meat plants

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

original.jpg

Photo Angela Weiss / AFP / Getty

Survey: pandemic took a toll on kids’ learning and grades

20201123_115248_h2.jpg

Wheatpaste poster by Velvet Bandit, Petaluma, California

1000.jpeg

People pose nude for American artist Spencer Tunick as he uses a megaphone to direct an installation in the desert near the Dead Sea in Arad, Israel, Sunday, Oct. 17, 2021. About 300 participants took part in the nude photo installation designed to draw world attention to the importance of preserving and restoring the Dead Sea. (AP Photo/Ariel Schalit)

‘It feels really natural’: hundreds pose nude for Spencer Tunick shoot near Dead Sea

1634311425188-fbmkhcyxeaatlwj.jpeg?crop=

Photo BCGTM LOCAL 50G MEMBER 

Strikes are sweeping the labor market as workers wield new leverage

ryan-kelly-charlottesville-photo.jpg?res

In this Aug. 12, 2017, photo by Ryan Kelly of The Daily Progress, people fly into the air as a car drives into a group of protesters demonstrating against a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, VA/Photo Ryan Kelly/The Daily Progress/AP

Official Wizard of New Zealand fired by city council after more than 2 decades

How Rage Can Battle Racism

Howlin Wolf - Live 1971

1000.jpeg

In this Oct. 13, 2021, file photo, an air tanker drops retardant on a wildfire in Goleta, Calif. Firefighters persisted in making progress Saturday, Oct. 17, against a wildfire burning for a sixth day in Southern California coastal mountains. The Alisal Fire in the Santa Ynez Mountains west of Santa Barbara grew only slightly since Friday to nearly 27 square miles (69 square kilometers). It was 50% contained. (AP Photo/Ringo H.W. Chiu, File)

Where is the water coming from? Billionaire Marc Lore outlines how he will build the inclusive, Utopian desert city Telosa

There may be plastic in your meat — and there is definitely plastic in your body

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

5760.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Activists gathered at the Manhattan Courthouse on 27 September to denounce the conditions at Rikers Island. Photograph: Karla Ann Cote/NurPhoto/Rex/Shutterstock

‘Abject neglect’: critics report chaotic and deadly conditions on Rikers Island

_medium.jpeg

CNN 

Coal-fired power is on the rise in America for the first time since 2014

Bill Gates reportedly advised to end inappropriate emails with female employee in 2008

Sheryl Crow - Roller Skate

Kylie Minogue and Years & Years - A Second to Midnight

The Clash - Gates of the West

4c7420ed-9afa-4d6a-a7c1-3c45a8bcaa14.jpe

Photo illustration by Slate. Photo by Sabina Music Rich/Unsplash.

When Did This Time of Year Become “Spooky Season”?

airport-at-home-.png

Photo WCCO TV

What the Fight Over the Mail Is Really About

Pork is already super expensive. This new animal-welfare law could push prices higher

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

_d295f94c-eed0-11ea-8be1-d29c971a2cec.jp

Straight Outta Lockdown Cover art for the album The new Abnormal by The Strokes. The name precedes the lockdown, but now seems strangely apt. The art work is from a painting by Jean-Michel Basquiat.(The Strokes/ RCA)

Supreme Court won’t block vaccine mandate for Maine’s health care workers

sized-coney-island-wide-2+copy.jpg

Banksy Tagging Robot, Coney Island, NY/Photo courtesy of Scott Lynch

Tiny wrists in cuffs: How police use force against children

1000.jpeg

In this Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015 file photo, an oil pump works at sunset in the desert oil fields of Sakhir, Bahrain. A U.N.-backed study has found that the world needs to cut by more than half its production of coal, oil and gas in the coming decade to maintain a chance of keeping global warming from reaching dangerous levels. The report published Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021 by the U.N. Environment Program noted that many governments have made ambitious pledges to curb greenhouse gas emissions. But it found they are still planning to extract double the amount of fossil fuels in 2030 than what would be consistent with the goal of keeping global temperature rise below 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit). (AP Photo/Hasan Jamali, file)

Study: Fossil fuel plans would far overshoot climate goals

A British Bakery Had to Shut Down Temporarily for Using 'Illegal' American Sprinkles

2021-10-14T192728Z_286760712_RC2V9Q990S8

Photo Reuters

'Water's Soul': Massive white sculpture makes a statement in New York harbor

France Joli - Come To Me

B.B. King - That Ain't The Way To Do It

f3b50b8e0751fd54fea8adda6b83167a

Miss France 1969/Getty File Image

Miss France pageant faces lawsuit for requiring all contestants to be at least 5-foot-5, unmarried and child-free

Eat the Rich! The wealthiest Americans now own almost all of the stock market - 89% to be exact

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 4

4RFUKBBOHUI6ZML5TBOBQ3PDHA.jpg&w=540

Rappler CEO and executive editor Maria Ressa reacts during an interview at a restaurant in Taguig, Philippines, on Oct. 9 after she received the Nobel Peace Prize. (Aaron Favila/AP)

In a first, the Nobel Peace Prize went to a Filipina. Her government isn’t happy. The truth burns.

Life in the Fantastic World of the Facebook Metaverse

AAPLOtI.img?h=0&w=600&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l

© CNN Weather

Level 5 atmospheric river to unleash flooding across drought-stricken California

20210430_182205_h2.jpg

Wheatpaste poster by Velvet Bandit, Santa Rosa, California

A new Delta descendant is rising in the UK. Here's what to know

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme, Pt. IV - Psalm

180217-parkland-victims-16up-composite.j

NBC Graphic/16 of the 17 fatal victims of the Parkland school shooting.

Gunman in Parkland school shooting pleads guilty to murdering 17 people

221923ba77f93b09e874ee7552c492ba.jpg

Photo: LOIC VENANCE (Getty Images)

Moo. Beef industry using “alternative math” to explain how it’s not destroying the planet

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

1000.jpeg

An aerial view shows fresh graves at the Yastrebkovskoe cemetery, which serves as one of the burial grounds for those who died of the coronavirus, outside in Moscow, Russia, Thursday, Oct. 21, 2021. The government coronavirus task force reported 36,339 new confirmed infections and more than thousand deaths in the past 24 hours. That brought Russia's death toll to 227,389, by far the highest in Europe. Moscow Mayor Sergei said all restaurants, cafes and non-food stores, gyms, cinemas and other entertainment venues in the Russian capital will be shut from Oct. 28 to Nov. 7. (AP Photo/Dmitry Serebryakov)

Moscow closing schools, many businesses as virus deaths soar

1000.jpeg

In this Aug. 29, 2021, file photo, taken with a long camera exposure, the Caldor Fire burns in Eldorado National Forest, Calif. The 2-month-old California wildfire that threatened the Lake Tahoe resort region during the summer has been declared 100% contained. The fire reached the containment milestone late Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021. (AP Photo/Noah Berger, File)

This might just look like grass, but it has the power to absorb a load of our carbon emissions

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Vinyl Is Selling So Well That It’s Getting Hard to Sell Vinyl

Why Fannie Lou Hamer’s definition of “freedom” still matters

Lyft Says Thousands of People Were Sexually Assaulted on Rides Over Three Years

Poetry is experiencing a new golden age, with young writers of color taking the lead

1000.jpeg

This combination of book cover images shows "The Tortoise & The Hare," "The Little Mermaid," and "The Lion and the Mouse," by Caldecott Medalist Jerry Pinkney. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers announced that Pinkney died Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021, at age 82 after a brief, non-Covid related illness. (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers via AP)

Jerry Pinkney, award-winning illustrator, dies at 81

I split the post. I hope that helps.

• Love 3

01street-art-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

“Frontline Heroes,” by Mauricio Ramirez, in Milwaukee, Wis.Credit...Mauricio Ramirez

What's the best booster to get? And other questions about Covid-19 boosters

john-deere-ap-rc-211021_1634824782268_hp

Some 60,000 film and television workers threatened to leave their job Monday and 10,000 John Deere workers walked the picket line in three states/Charlie Neibergall/AP

‘Striketober’ is showing workers’ rising power – but will it lead to lasting change?

The Ronettes - Be My Baby

THE RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS - EBB TIDE

David Bowie - Heroes

Dionne Warwick &nbsp;- Make It Easy on Yourself

Paloma Faith - Only Love Can Hurt Like This

The Beach Boys - California Girls

Johnny Rivers - Do You Want To Dance

some_people_are_trans._get_over_it_placa

Stonewall placard

The truth about trans

image.ashx?domain=www.tcpalm.com&file=20

Photo by jackulcer.com 

Giant 4,000 pound sunfish was rescued from a fishing net off the Spanish coast of Ceuta

Mary Berry: TV chef 'proud' to be made a dame

Peter Scolari, 'Bosom Buddies' and 'Newhart' star, has died

• Love 3

Just checking in, I hope everyone is well!

I haven't gotten any test results back yet so I'm guessing that is good news. Or the hospital is just behind, heh. 

Steve vomited last Friday and I brought him to the vet yesterday. A small fortune later, it appears he has an infection and requires three weeks of antibiotics. He also has a dislocated nail (twisted/crooked) but nothing can be done for that. He did gain some weight (82 grams so not caught up to his highest weight yet, which was 87 grams, but hopefully soon) and his vet said physically he appears stronger and in better condition since the last time he saw him in June. Let's hope Steve keeps it up, my little lemon of a bird. 

How is everyone else fairing?

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Just checking in, I hope everyone is well!

I haven't gotten any test results back yet so I'm guessing that is good news. Or the hospital is just behind, heh. 

Steve vomited last Friday and I brought him to the vet yesterday. A small fortune later, it appears he has an infection and requires three weeks of antibiotics. He also has a dislocated nail (twisted/crooked) but nothing can be done for that. He did gain some weight (82 grams so not caught up to his highest weight yet, which was 87 grams, but hopefully soon) and his vet said physically he appears stronger and in better condition since the last time he saw him in June. Let's hope Steve keeps it up, my little lemon of a bird. 

How is everyone else fairing?

I hope our beloved Steve keeps improving. I'm doing pretty well. I have the house to myself this weekend as DH is visiting his sis. I'm just chilling with the cats and trying to decide which scary movie I want to watch tonight. How's the job?

• Love 4

the-mural-is-painted-on-a-harbour-side-b

Banksy parody of Dutch painter Johannes Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring with a mask/Bristol, England

How Public Health took part in its own downfall

4652.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Halyna Hutchins attends the SAGindie Sundance Filmmakers Reception at Cafe Terigo on January 28, 2019 in Park City, Utah. (Photo by Fred Hayes/Getty Images for SAGindie)

Facebook allegedly made special rules for Breitbart: "You want to start a fight with Steve Bannon?"

The fossil record has provided us with so much information about plants, animals, and organisms that lived hundreds, thousands, millions, and even billions of years ago. But we are actually only seeing evidence of a tiny fraction of the species that lived then and even for those we do know about, there’s often much we still don’t know. Traditionally, dinosaurs have been depicted as drab and often terrible lizards but recent finds of soft tissues (skin, feathers, etc.) and an increased sense of imagination based on our current vibrant biodiversity has people thinking differently about how they looked and behaved.

'Big John,' the world's largest Triceratops ever found, sells for $7.7 million

Sonic Youth - I Know There's an Answer

The Crystals - He's a Rebel

The Jesus And Mary Chain - Just Like Honey

Abba - Dancing Queen

Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Night

The Ronettes - Walking In The Rain

George Harrison - My Sweet Lord

Elvis Costello - The Other Side Of Summer

Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep Mountain High

1000.jpeg

Fawzia Koofi, one of the Afghanistan's once-prominent female leaders — a former parliament member, candidate for president and a nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize -- speaks during an interview with The Associated Press, Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021, in New York. Koofi called for humanitarian aid sent to Afghanistan to be contingent on the participation of women in its distribution, as well as free and safe travel for Afghans into and out of the country. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

Serendipity? 3 sisters have same birthday in different years

3847.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

Photo Gabrielle Cannon/The Guardian

"Climate crisis" has made it into the Oxford English Dictionary

353d5a2857c7fe98a57309453084d80c.jpg

How old is too old for trick-or-treating?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3