Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I'm positive :(

I'm so sorry, both for those test results and having to deal with the lunatic fringe portion of your family.

I don't know what options you have to limit your exposure to them, but do whatever you can.

I'm hoping you weather this with as little discomfort as possible.  Let us know how you're doing when you're able, jewel21,

• Love 6

Ditto here, kid. 

Hang tough.......the new year's got to be better.  How about moving in with a friend until all calms down/financially on your feet.  No one should put with that shit...family or not.

On that note.....Happy New Year to all!

It's got to get better....right?

• Love 4

Thank you for being a friend.

CNN)Betty White, the self-described "lucky old broad" whose sweetly sarcastic senior citizen characters were a beloved fixture on TV shows and movies such as "The Golden Girls," "Boston Legal" and "Hot in Cleveland," died Friday, her agent and close friend Jeff Witjas told People magazine in a statement.

At 99, she was just weeks away from celebrating her 100th birthday on Jan. 17.

"Even though Betty was about to be 100, I thought she would live forever," Witjas said. "I will miss her terribly and so will the animal world that she loved so much. I don't think Betty ever feared passing because she always wanted to be with her most beloved husband Allen Ludden. She believed she would be with him again."

She was incredible as Ann, Stephanie's mother, on The Bold And The Beautiful. She played such a hateful despicable person in that dramatic role. It was amazing to see her in a non-comedic role and to see her do it so well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SweePea59 said:

She was incredible as Ann, Stephanie's mother, on The Bold And The Beautiful. She played such a hateful despicable person in that dramatic role. It was amazing to see her in a non-comedic role and to see her do it so well.

Sue Ann Nivens on MTM show too. Shit, I just can't stop crying.😭

Damn it, not Betty White. I loved her so much. 

Also, I gave my cousin Covid :(

And I can't smell or taste. I also have a weird cold sensation in my thighs down to my knees that comes and goes. So strange. 

No, she's vaxxed. It's my uncle's daughter. You know, the one who already loathes me. He was against the vaccine but ended up getting vaxxed. But only after we all did and he saw we didn't grow a second head and no one was tracking us. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

No, she's vaxxed. It's my uncle's daughter. You know, the one who already loathes me. He was against the vaccine but ended up getting vaxxed. But only after we all did and he saw we didn't grow a second head and no one was tracking us. 

How are you feeling? I hope you have very light symptoms beyond the weird taste/smell thing. My dad's memory care facility has been reporting new cases several times a day now. He's vaxxed and boosted but he did have it in 2020 and I'm hoping it won't touch him again.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

How are you feeling? I hope you have very light symptoms beyond the weird taste/smell thing. My dad's memory care facility has been reporting new cases several times a day now. He's vaxxed and boosted but he did have it in 2020 and I'm hoping it won't touch him again.

Thanks for asking, you're one of the few. 

I'm okay, I started feeling sick on Dec. 23rd so it's almost over. I took out garbage yesterday and changed the paper around Steve's cage and that wore me out. I woke up feeling a bit worse today, slept longer, etc. But now I feel okay. My cough is almost gone, not sneezing, etc. I had a bit of a headache this morning. I took a shower and changed my bedsheets which feels good.

I don't know how it works outside of Quebec, but here you have to isolate for 10 days from the start of your symptoms. If you have none, 10 days from your positive test result. That means by Monday I can come out of hiding. And I'm already scheduled to go back to work on Tuesday, January 4th which I'm nervous about. Mostly about possibly catching Covid again but hopefully not. 

• Love 6

I don't know how it works outside of Quebec, but here you have to isolate for 10 days from the start of your symptoms. If you have none, 10 days from your positive test result. That means by Monday I can come out of hiding. And I'm already scheduled to go back to work on Tuesday, January 4th which I'm nervous about. Mostly about possibly catching Covid again but hopefully not. 

I think they're saying a week here in the States but I'm not 100% sure. I'm so glad you're on the mend! Next year's gotta be better, right?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Thanks for asking, you're one of the few. 

I'm okay, I started feeling sick on Dec. 23rd so it's almost over. I took out garbage yesterday and changed the paper around Steve's cage and that wore me out. I woke up feeling a bit worse today, slept longer, etc. But now I feel okay. My cough is almost gone, not sneezing, etc. I had a bit of a headache this morning. I took a shower and changed my bedsheets which feels good.

Well Jewel, if you hop across the border to Ontario -  as of yesterday if you are fully vaxxed you no longer have to isolate after five days of first having symptoms and if you are feeling OK. This announcement was accompanied with the new policy that unless you are in an at-risk environment (hospitals, LTC, etc) you can no longer get a government paid for PCR test. And trying to find a rapid test to purchase is like looking for toilet paper at the beginning of the pandemic. Before Christmas, they were handing out free RAT kits - but no more.

So basically the message from our Ministry of Health is - if you have symptoms (runny nose, sore throat, etc) assume it is Covid and isolate. IDK it could just be a cold . . . but the government doesn't care to test anymore. I guess that is one way to manage the extremely high case counts.

On a personal note - it sounds like you have found a new job. 2021 has been a terrible year for you - I hope 2022 is filled with joy and blessings for you and Steve!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Also, I gave my cousin Covid :(

atta girl.  and he she can "live with it." #bettywhite

Edited by MollyB
read further but hoped it was the evil cousin anyhow
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

It's sad that I have so many dumb family members that I'm not sure who this evil cousin is, lol. 

My uncle didn't believe in being vaxxed, but now is. My cousin believed in being vaxxed but isn't the best at being smart. Case in point, she knew I was sick (I wore a mask except when I was eating) but insisted on hugging me anyway even when I reminded her I was sick. Her response was 'I don't care.' 

My brothers were both iffy on Covid. One got vaxxed but his girlfriend threw a shitfit and refused to get vaxxed. Although rumour has she finally did. Maybe work forced her to, who knows...

The other brother only got vaxxed a couple of weeks ago and only has 1 dose so far. 

And I have family in Ontario who keep gathering and think prayer will keep them safe. My uncle and aunt did get vaxxed (although if they believe in prayer I don't know why they bothered) and my cousin there (the girl) and her husband refuse to get vaxxed. 

And somehow, I'm the one who caught Covid and ended up infecting others. Life, she is not fair. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Life, she is not fair. 

My neighbor who is in her mid-eighties had both her shots when they first came out.  Her son (who comes every day to help her even tho she is a busy, active person) worried about her getting the second shot because she had such a bad reaction (dizziness, rapid heart rate and confusion) to the first.  Sure enough, she had another bad reaction to the second, so when she signed up for the booster, he warned her again.  He is not vaxxed and he said his sister and her kids won't let him visit and are angry he is around their mother/grandmother (but they don't visit everyday or help out).  So she got the booster and the regular flu shot at the same time.  Her son stayed over night to make sure she was ok.  This was three days ago.  She is now in the hospital recovering from hip and broken femur surgery from a fall in her home.  Her son reports that she was "spinning around" the kitchen after the shot with even worse symptoms than the first shots.  Go figure.  Yeah, life's not fair for her or her son, who is still the bad guy for not being vaxxed.  

oh, fun fact.  The sister and all her family got Covid and they are vaxxed.

• Love 1

Just an observation but @Cupid Stunt has not posted here for several days. I hope all is ok with her. I might be a party of one, but I honestly just scrolled through her lengthy news and music links. So much better when we just chat. Hugs to all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, luv2lurk said:

Just an observation but @Cupid Stunt has not posted here for several days. I hope all is ok with her. I might be a party of one, but I honestly just scrolled through her lengthy news and music links. So much better when we just chat. Hugs to all.

I was just thinking about that. God, I hope she's okay. 

• Love 4
On 1/4/2022 at 12:36 AM, peacheslatour said:

I was just thinking about that. God, I hope she's okay. 

Her last few news & music posts were deleted and she hasn't posted since. I'm thinking she probably got some sort of punishment, like a time-out. Maybe someone complained about the posts? Have you PM'd her? She may have access to that feature.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Her last few news & music posts were deleted and she hasn't posted since. I'm thinking she probably got some sort of punishment, like a time-out. Maybe someone complained about the posts? Have you PM'd her? She may have access to that feature.

I'll do that.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I'll do that.

I remember her posting that she and her husband were driving to his family in the California Sierras for the holidays, and that was right before the Sierras got hit with the third heaviest snowfall ever.  My friends up in Reno were stranded for 9 days before the roads even began to open and I read in the San Francisco paper today that there are still in excess of 20,000 people without power.  

Maybe she's stranded, or even stranded without power?  

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, boes said:

I remember her posting that she and her husband were driving to his family in the California Sierras for the holidays, and that was right before the Sierras got hit with the third heaviest snowfall ever.  My friends up in Reno were stranded for 9 days before the roads even began to open and I read in the San Francisco paper today that there are still in excess of 20,000 people without power.  

Possibly but many, many of her posts have been removed. I'm worried.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I didn't realize that.  It sounds like somebody went after her......not cool, not kind, not necessary in any capacity.

• Love 5
On 1/5/2022 at 12:51 PM, peacheslatour said:
On 1/5/2022 at 12:46 PM, boes said:

Expand  

Yup, they have, including one of the few that I've posted here commenting on her wonderful disco musical selections that made me dance 😍.  She's the top poster in this thread and in many of the Y&R threads.  Her last post here was her Christmas Eve salutations with her last news thread that still remains on November 26th.

She wrote daily recaps as Boes also does in the Y&R Daily Chat which I loved reading and I don't even watch this show anymore.  Her last one was on December 27th 😢.

I miss her news posts which gave me a quick glimpse into the daily top news stories in the world.  I could choose to read whichever ones that interested me.  I didn't read them all, but I loved those that I did.

Hoping to hear good news about or from Cupid Stunt soon.  I miss your posts!  

• Love 7

There was an extensive article in the San Francisco Chronicle today about people in the Sierras, around Nevada City and Grass Valley in particular, who have been out of power since 12/26.  I most probably am wrong, but I wonder if this is where Cupid Stunt and her family went for the holidays and perhaps they are among those still stuck there.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 6
2 hours ago, Emma Snyder said:

OK guys...time to move along from guessing where posters are and back to small talk. If you would like to discuss that among yourselves, please utilize the PM function.

All due respect, we're worried about a long term, almost daily poster.  In the past we've had posters disappear only to find out later, through the grace of a family member kind enough to let us know, that one had died.  "Small talk" is where we've formed those more personal connections.

I'd feel pretty terrible if people thought we didn't care.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

All due respect, we're worried about a long term, almost daily poster.  In the past we've had posters disappear only to find out later, through the grace of a family member kind enough to let us know, that one had died.  "Small talk" is where we've formed those more personal connections.

I'd feel pretty terrible if people thought we didn't care.

Again, the point has been made that you are all wondering where she is. Please move on from that topic. Any future questions, please directly PM me rather than discussing a mod note.

• Love 1

Dammit.

"Family Statement on the Passing of Ronnie Spector:

Our beloved earth angel, Ronnie, peacefully left this world today after a brief battle with cancer. She was with family and in the arms of her husband, Jonathan.

Ronnie lived her life with a twinkle in her eye, a spunky attitude, a wicked sense of humor and a smile on her face. She was filled with love and gratitude.

Her joyful sound, playful nature and magical presence will live on in all who knew, heard or saw her.

In lieu of flowers, Ronnie requested that donations be made to your local women’s shelter or to the American Indian College Fund.

A celebration of Ronnie’s life and music will be announced in the future.

The family respectfully asks for privacy at this time."

1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

How are you doing @jewel21?  I hope you had a mild case. 

Thanks for asking, Snap <3

For the most part I did have a mild case. A few days of a sore throat, sneezing, some fatigue and chills, and a mild headache. I did lose taste and smell which was weird. It took me a day or two to even realize I lost my sense of smell. I also had this weird sensation in my legs from my upper thighs down to my knees where they always felt cold. It was really strange. I rested a lot and isolated for 10 days and then went back to work on the 4th of January. Thankfully, after 11 days my smell and taste came back. I was tired the first week and low energy.  I notice when I exert myself (I cleaned the house last weekend and was working up a sweat) I start coughing and sneezing and feeling off. I still wake up some mornings feeling like my throat is a bit sore. I noticed that more today, but a girl at work is sick and so I might just be catching that :( 

How has everyone else been doing?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

How has everyone else been doing?

I had a stomach thing about a week ago. Along with a sore throat and a raging headache. I kept smelling things, being that loss of a sense of smell and taste is a symptom of Covid but that still functioning. I'm all better now so it was probably some other sort of a bug. I haven't been anywhere in weeks.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I had a stomach thing about a week ago. Along with a sore throat and a raging headache. I kept smelling things, being that loss of a sense of smell and taste is a symptom of Covid but that still functioning. I'm all better now so it was probably some other sort of a bug. I haven't been anywhere in weeks.

Sounds like it could have been Omicron.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Apparently, we're all going to get it.  😲😠😷  I'm doing my best to avoid it, but when so many people act like nothing's going on, we'll see.  I never stopped wearing a mask, and now I wear a KN95 with a cloth mask over it.   

I'm glad you're feeling better, jewel.  And I'm glad you're over whatever was ailing you, peaches.  Maybe it was "just" a simple case of food poisoning or something.  How did we ever get to a place where food poisoning is the preferable diagnosis?

We're getting ready for a big storm heading our way tomorrow.  8" to 12" of snow is predicted, and it's supposed to be wet, heavy snow, the most funnest kind of snow to shovel. 😩   On top of that, it's crazy cold.  Other than that, things are OK here.  It's nice checking in with you all each day! 

• Love 8