Type keyword(s) to search

The Best of ELR: Your Favorite Moments

26 minutes ago, Inquisitionist said:

Which episode is this from?

Marie's Vision.  Robert gets botox because Marie noticed his wrinkles and when he says "perhaps" it comes out "turd hats."

I love Marie's Vision!  My favorite things Robert says: "I heel dreat adout nyself"...and sometimes when I call my mother I'll say "Hi, Na" in reference to this :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

That was a weirdly written episode though.  Marie is pleased that everyone is paying attention to what she says but what they're all doing is being upset about what she's noticed and trying to change things.  They certainly weren't taking what she said as compliments!

• Love 1

I know Debra with the eyeliner was supposed to look bad (Thanksgiving Day hooker...hahaha loved that line!), but I actually thought she looked nice!  Although maybe I think so because I love my black eyeliner :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

I didn't think Debra looked bad either. Especially during the holidays you might put on more make-up than usual. I can understand her also wanting to scrub it off because Marie might start bragging.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:52 PM, Ina123 said:

"The Sculpture" episode was on yesterday. All time favorite. "Holy crap!"

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, ByTor said:

I love the nuns!

6 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Everyone's reaction to the statue was hilarious from Debra to Robert, the Nuns, Marie, and Frank.

Also, one of Marie's best lines..."Oh my God, I'm a lesbian" (not the exact quote).  Later Marie became a nasty shrill caricature of the mother in law from Hell, but she was still quite likable in this one.

I felt sorry for her when she said that she felt that she was nothing more then a short order cook for Frank. 

I also thought it was quite a risqué episode for this show, because let's face it...we all know what it looked like.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

Also, one of Marie's best lines..."Oh my God, I'm a lesbian" (not the exact quote).  Later Marie became a nasty shrill caricature of the mother in law from Hell, but she was still quite likable in this one.

I felt sorry for her when she said that she felt that she was nothing more then a short order cook for Frank. 

I also thought it was quite a risqué episode for this show, because let's face it...we all know what it looked like.

hee. It really did; and the nuns still crack me up. And Frank, "I don't know why I like it, but I really like it." :-)

• Love 3

I loved Robert and Amy's wedding dance.  It was the first time I felt like they were really made for each other.  I hated the wedding episode, though mostly because of Marie's behavior.

• Love 4

In Working Girl when Ray meets Charlotte Sterling, I laughed when Charlotte handed Ray the folder with Pete Za. The way she handed it to him like it was the worst thing ever as she looked away and basically threw her hands up like she just gave up. The way Charlotte answered the phone and screamed "WHAT" into the phone.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, ShadowSixx said:

In Working Girl when Ray meets Charlotte Sterling, I laughed when Charlotte handed Ray the folder with Pete Za. The way she handed it to him like it was the worst thing ever as she looked away and basically threw her hands up like she just gave up. The way Charlotte answered the phone and screamed "WHAT" into the phone.

The actress who played Charlotte Sterling has one of the most distinctive voices I have ever heard.  I might not always recognized the actress, but I never forget that voice.

I loved that episode and it was another good example of the general excellence of the guest stars on ELR.  So many really great ones!  Mostly they would only be in one, at most two scenes, but they were so good!  The doctor from the episode where Ray has the anxiety attack; the woman teaching the parent effectiveness training course from the episode where Allie is misbehaving; the teacher from Allie's F - he was awesome.  And so many more.  

• Love 2

Another lol moment in the episode Jealous Robert when Marie & Debra's plan went wrong when Amy & Gianni were gonna go on a 2nd date, Marie comes over looking for Debra, Ray asks if they're working on Plan B which Marie denies and then makes a beeline for the stairs.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BlossomCulp said:

I love the way she runs for the stairs.  Doris Roberts was gold!

I don't remember what episode it was, but Marie did something to make everybody mad, and as she left Ray & Debra's house she tried to guilt trip them by referring to herself as a sick old lady.  Ray then looks out the window and says "For a sick old lady, she sure runs fast."  I love that scene!

• Love 4

That was the Liars episode. That was another fun episode where everyone's lying came to the surface. Amy admitting they threw out Marie's chicken cacciatore and Robert saying Amy was the one that threw it out. I don't think Amy is that big a fan of Marie's cooking. One of my all time favorite moments is Amy saying "sometimes the noodles in your lasagna are overcooked."

That's what I love about the MacDougall family. They weren't afraid to stand up to Marie & Frank. Especially when Pat goes in on Marie and points out her nasty behavior.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

That was the Liars episode.

That's right!  The interesting this is, I used to like the newest seasons, but the more I watch them, the more I realize they weren't so great, so I find it funny that one of my favorite moments came from a more recent episode :)

(edited)

In the Cookie episode I got a big laugh when Peggy was telling everyone the prizes that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place would get and for 3rd place Ray said, "You're out of the troop." That was too funny and can't believe that no other adult laughed at that cause I know I would have.

My younger sister who doesn't watch the show seen this episode and said she liked it. Her favorite part was Ray spitting out the cookie on Robert.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

Can't remember if we mentioned the episode but too lazy to skim through the pages. I do love The Checkbook episode. Ray seeing that what Debra does is actually hard. Balancing a checkbook and putting money aside for the children and paying bills and mortgage. It's not as simple as "Just paying the bills".

• Love 2
On 4/7/2017 at 2:23 AM, ShadowSixx said:

Everyone's reaction to the statue was hilarious from Debra to Robert, the Nuns, Marie, and Frank.

Grams still has no idea what that statue is *g

• Love 1

I just watched the episode where Robert got gored by a bull.  The interaction between Robert and Ray, when Ray has to change Robert's bandage is funny, but also very touching.  I love this show.

We need more sitcoms on television today.

• Love 5

The episode tonight was the one where Robert goes back to work, excellent episode.  And another touching moment with Ray helping Robert "confront his attacker".  These were from season 4 which has got to be one of the strongest seasons in the whole run of the show.

• Love 5
On 5/26/2017 at 11:45 AM, ShadowSixx said:

Balancing a checkbook and putting money aside for the children and paying bills and mortgage. It's not as simple as "Just paying the bills".

We've added a lot of lines from Raymond into our family dialogue.  From this episode we've got "just pay the bills" and "when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats, you don't stop to yell at the iceberg".

On the whole I don't find ELR to be dated but this episode is a bit, people like Ray and Debra, well Debra, would be paying the bills online now.  The chequebook would be gathering dust in a drawer somewhere!

• Love 2
On 7/9/2017 at 10:06 AM, BlossomCulp said:

We've added a lot of lines from Raymond into our family dialogue.

I cannot even look at a croissant without saying "Second floor, croissants!" :)

@ButterQueen, I hope you enjoyed your marathon!

• Love 3

The greatest thing about this series is that my favorite episodes can be found anywhere between S1 and S9. I cannot say that about any other show. 

You guys have covered most of my favorites, but a couple that I didn't see mentioned that I really like:

The Neighbors - S1 I think. The one where all of the neighbors are annoyed by Frank and Doris. What makes it a favorite for me is near the end, where Ray goes to see the Priest because he is afraid he is breaking the Commandment about honoring thy mother and father and he wants advice. The Priest is listening and giving him advice and suggesting he look deeper into his own feelings and attitudes towards his parents. But then, he realizes who Ray's parents are and it always cracks me up:

Priest - "your parents are Frank and Marie Barone"? 

Ray - "yessss"

Priest - "You are absolved"

Ray - "are you sure"

Priest - "well, I could look it up but I am almost positive"

The Power of No - Which I believe is one of the last episodes. The one where Debra keeps turning Ray down for sex. Ray delivers some of the funniest lines in that episode. When Debra said that he made her feel like a fat old lady, he replies

"Try being turned down every week for years. You are looking at the President of the Fat Old Ladies Club. Welcome, have a donut". 

• Love 4

The Power of No funniest scene in the episode

Ray was absolutely hilarious in this scene with the flexing and trying to crawl across the bed all sexy.  When he did that crawl it looked like Patricia Heaton wanted to laugh but held it in.

• Love 3

I love the episode where Debra and Ray get the call to come to the retirement village to pick up Frank and Marie.  So many great lines, too many to mention here but "Is it money?  We can pay more money!" is in my regular day life now.

Per the Marie's Vision:  "Tur-hats" is a regular exchange with my sons!

Marie's sculpture!  The look between the nuns was FANTASTIC!  "Do you have something more......appropriate?"

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I love the episode where Debra and Ray get the call to come to the retirement village to pick up Frank and Marie.  So many great lines, too many to mention here but "Is it money?  We can pay more money!" is in my regular day life now

My favorite is when Ray asks "Can we live here?"

10 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Per the Marie's Vision:  "Tur-hats" is a regular exchange with my sons!

My sister always has Thanksgiving, and I always make cranberry sauce.  When I go there, I say, without fail "it's hantastic!"

11 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Marie's sculpture!  The look between the nuns was FANTASTIC!  "Do you have something more......appropriate?"

I saw on the DVD extras that the actress who played the nun who said "Ow!" when Ray tried to close the door on her ad-libbed that line.  They said that she is hilarious & was great to work with.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"Is it money?  We can pay more money!" is in my regular day life now.

HA! I use that all the time as well. Even though I can't pay more money, for anything, I just love saying it! I know if I had a Frank and Marie in my life, I'd find the money!

19 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

My favourite line from that episode is the woman in the office who says "we have people to help you pack."
"

"That is now a one woman show."

Another great one time character was the cruise director from Marie and Ray's weekend cruise.  The way he kept clicking his heels together adn suggesting they were dating was hysterical!!!

• Love 3

This may already been mentioned, but my favorite part of the episode where Frank and Marie announce they're moving is when Ray accidentally slams Debra into the fridge. You'd expect normal Deb to blow up or call Ray an idiot, but she wasn't mad at all and her face is just a giddy "never mind, never mind. Just keep quiet."

Also when Robert and Amy walks into the kitchen to see Ray/Deb slow dancing always makes me laugh.

Edited by Snow Apple
Edited to correct name spelling.
  • Love 3
On 2/7/2017 at 2:39 PM, ByTor said:

I love Marie's Vision!  My favorite things Robert says: "I heel dreat adout nyself"...and sometimes when I call my mother I'll say "Hi, Na" in reference to this :)

I read someplace (TWOP?):  a person posted she or he had been to the taping of that episode and Brad Garrett kept that upper lip stiff and over his teeth the whole time and that he never broke character.  Pretty impressive!!  "I am really tissed!"  LOLOL just thinking about it!!

Another line I have used:  "Am I sitting in sauce?  Yes? Good, I think I popped a stitch."  The popping a stitch line gets me every time!

• Love 2

One more thing about Marie's sculpture:  I remember seeing the promos for when this was going to air the first time.  I really thought it would something small or off screen, never shown but talked about.  Nope!  They brought in all six feet of that "lady-like" sculpture for all to see!!  Loved it.  I also liked how Ray was supportive of his mom:  "Hey you got people talking and isn't that what art is supposed to do?"  He had a point!

• Love 4
On 9/28/2017 at 4:04 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

"That is now a one woman show."

Another great one time character was the cruise director from Marie and Ray's weekend cruise.  The way he kept clicking his heels together adn suggesting they were dating was hysterical!!!

The poor woman who works at the home, "And when I tried to talk to her about all this, she said that my rude tone might be the reason I don't have a husband." It's funny but also very very harsh on Marie's part to say something like that.

Also loved when the woman said, "We have people to help you pack." I bet they paid the staff double to help get Marie & Frank out ASAP.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShadowSixx said:

The poor woman who works at the home, "And when I tried to talk to her about all this, she said that my rude tone might be the reason I don't have a husband." It's funny but also very very harsh on Marie's part to say something like that.

Also loved when the woman said, "We have people to help you pack." I bet they paid the staff double to help get Marie & Frank out ASAP.

Double pay? I bet the staff and other residents volunteered for free.

• Love 4
On 9/27/2017 at 8:48 PM, CherryAmes said:

My favourite line from that episode is the woman in the office who says "we have people to help you pack."
"

Me too!  Although that episode was packed with a lot of good lines.  "Now you listen to me!  Those are fine Christian people and I am NOT going to let you run them down......please don't make us take them back!"

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2

In Good Girls, I love the whole episode. But the scene where Ray is questioning Marie on why she likes Amy better cracks me up. Marie's facial expressions are wonderful, especially when Raymond says there is a tape of her saying it. 

Good Girls was a good episode even though I found Marie's reasons for preferring Amy over Debra stupid because it shows what a hypocrite she is. Newsflash Marie Ray & Robert weren't good boys either. Glad Frank put it all on the table. You have to love Amy's face when she found out why Marie prefers her.

On 10/13/2017 at 6:07 PM, ShadowSixx said:

Good Girls was a good episode even though I found Marie's reasons for preferring Amy over Debra stupid because it shows what a hypocrite she is. Newsflash Marie Ray & Robert weren't good boys either. Glad Frank put it all on the table. You have to love Amy's face when she found out why Marie prefers her.

Oh yes......Marie was pregnant with Robert when they had to get married!!  Yowser!

On 10/17/2017 at 9:46 AM, ByTor said:

LOL the pills for his "foot" :)

I saw a bloopers reel and the words for his "foot pills" that Brad Garrett and Ray Romano came up with were hysterical!!  One of them was "Young Frankenstein."

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I saw a bloopers reel and the words for his "foot pills" that Brad Garrett and Ray Romano came up with were hysterical!!  One of them was "Young Frankenstein."

Oh my gosh, I just watched that last night! About five times! I love bloopers. They make me laugh more than any show!