Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: What, Has This Thing Appear'd Again Tonight?

Yeah, I have no idea what they are doing with Jasper. Why did they spend the first 2 episodes redeeming him  or trying to and now they bring in this Samantha person? The hell? I don't...understand this show at all. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6

First two episodes of the season were so boring; these past two have actually been interesting because things have happened.

This episode was like Return of the King; it had like 17 endings.

By the way, I don't know how it happened, but I'm in love with the actor who plays Jasper.  I guess because last season he was such a skeezebucket or whatever and this season he just stands in the background.  So hot.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I don't know what it is either but I love the actor too! Also,a small part of me was somewhat shipping Jasper and Eleanor this season even though I hated them last season and now I just don't know what the show is doing with any of the couples. But they're making it really gross and I'm not a fan. 

• Love 1

First two episodes of the season were so boring; these past two have actually been interesting because things have happened.

This episode was like Return of the King; it had like 17 endings.

By the way, I don't know how it happened, but I'm in love with the actor who plays Jasper.  I guess because last season he was such a skeezebucket or whatever and this season he just stands in the background.  So hot.

Could be that he looks good when he takes his shirt off??    ;-)

Here's to another week of me actually feeling sympathy for Cyrus... ugh, how dare you! LOL. Gotta give credit to Jake Maskall again. I guess the maid is genuinely into him? I do find them cute, I guess. And I loved her sparkly lingerie. Intense fight between Helena and Cyrus, awkward ending with him dropping the bottle. Guess he figures he's dead anyway so who cares about his image. All that back and forth over the monument just for it to be smashed by the end of the day, lol.

I usually just watch the show and call it a day but I happened to see something about a deleted scene on the season 1 DVD that said Ted killed Simon, so I wasn't surprised by that reveal, unfortunately. Why in the world would they put that on the DVD?? Glad to have a face to the domino organization, and that we're getting somewhere with the story. I wonder why Ted snapped, was it because Simon wanting to end the monarchy would have meant his wife died for nothing? Or is it one of those, "you let him die because you suck at your job" type things? I don't know.

Although I like Eleanor and Samantha together, I'm so beyond tired of the "I'm done with boys/girls" justification/foreshadowing for a character "switching teams". They just did that on Degrassi, and it's so annoying. And they really didn't need to do it, I would have believed Eleanor was down with it, and they have nice chemistry to support it. Seriously, they could have her say she's known she was bisexual but just hadn't found the right girl, or something like that. "I'm taking a guy-atus, I'm done with boys, so you're done with boys, huh?" Yeah, I get it, I see what's happening here. Geez. I knew Jasper knew her from the moment he walked in the room... what the heck is this about now? Love triangle? Thrilling. If they have a threesome, I'll lose my shit. Her threatening to reveal his secrets? Depending on how far back they go, that could be interesting. Is she really into Eleanor and the Jasper thing is just a plus, or is Eleanor about to be played again? It'll be worse, considering those two know each other. I'm frustrated, I wanted them to be legit.

Now we're finally getting back to Captain Lacey! I keep hoping he managed to survive, I really liked him with Helena, and it sucks that she might have chosen love too late.

Good to finally see the new actress playing one of the sisters but... I think the redhead is prettier.

Next week's promo suggested that Helena, Liam, and Eleanor find out who Simon's killer is, but I have a feeling they'll get the wrong information.

• Love 2

The thing is, I'm not sure what this show wants. I really thought they were pushing Jasper and Eleanor as endgame at the start of this season. They were working overtime on trying to make Jasper better than he was last season, making him follow Eleanor all over because she didn't have security anymore and he cared about her safety. Becoming Liam's detail. The whole longing looks he was doing on the boat at that party when Beck was around. And now Samantha comes along, and she and Jasper have had a plan from before this show? Huh? Jasper didn't even seem conflicted about the kiss, so I guess it's a thing that's still happening? Like, I would assume at this point, the character they were presenting to us would look a bit more remorseful but he still seems to be going along with said plan from the looks of it? It just feels strange to me. I don't know what the show is doing.

I also think that the Ted killed King Simon is something else? But that's just me.  I also wish Cyrus had died. Why did he do that anyway? To prove a point that he can get drunk and crash a car? Huh?

I really want Robert to come back and shake things off.

This show leaves me so confused. And it shouldn't. This is not that kind of show.

• Love 2

So the secret organization can sneak into the castle & put their logo on the floor without being caught? And there aren't going to be any consequences for Cyrus getting drunk & driving his car through Simon's memorial because he's the king & can do anything he wants? I realize this isn't a "realistic" show, but they're getting stupid now & it's annoying.

Good to finally see the new actress playing one of the sisters but... I think the redhead is prettier.

I don't think she should be a blonde either, they don't even look like sisters now.

• Love 4

I'm assuming the writers are trying to build suspense and keep the viewers guessing, but I'm just getting frustrated and annoyed by watching the show now.  They give us these little glimpses into things, but not enough to make you wonder with anticipation.  IMO, I'm just wondering because I want answers.  I can't even guess at much of anything now.

I realize the show is supposed to be a satire, or dramedy, or whatever, but some of this is so unrealistic it is really bordering on the ridiculous now.  A woman can walk all over the castle in her panties, and there isn't a guard in sight anywhere?  No guards or electronic locks on the room with the crown jewels?  Anyone can just walk in there and admire and/or covet them?  

King Cyrus can drive around drunk and crash through a monument without any security following him?  During that scene - not one person pulled out a cellphone to photograph or record the events?  In this day and age--especially on this show?

The queen, the prince and the princess can sit in a garden and smoke some weed together, without any security detail around, or even in the background?  I liked the conversation between Helena and her children during that scene, but it was really not keeping with the story line.  (I cannot believe the writers didn't realize that.)  Helena tells Liam and Eleanor that they both inherited a personality trait from Simon....wait a minute - hasn't she declared that they are NOT Simon's children??  Why didn't Liam or Eleanor call her out on that?  

I guess Cyrus visiting Prudence was his way of guaranteeing a male heir for the throne?  Something tells me that Prudence's baby boy isn't really Cyrus' - I think the baby may actually be Simon's.

I hope that Samantha has decided to follow through with whatever plan she and Jasper may have had alone.  Did they plan to steal that diamond that brings bad luck (isn't that the stone that Cyrus wore before he found out about his cancer diagnosis?)  If so, I guess Samantha, and perhaps Jasper, will not have a good ending, either.  I hope that Jasper has had a change of heart and doesn't want to use Eleanor, now that he has gotten to see and know her.  I would like to see just ONE happy thing on this show.

Ted killing Simon -- I'm still not sure of that, either, although, given the flashbacks, I guess I could see it happening.

All in all, there are just so many inconsistencies with everything that I'm still watching, but I'm not loving it as much as I did last season. 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2

Maybe Jasper has to be nice to Samantha for the time being.  Maybe she is dangerous or unpredictable?

You can "inherit" traits from non-biological parents, I'm sure.  Maybe inherit is the wrong word, but you could certainly adopt those traits through environmental conditioning. I agree that the wording was weird though.  

Does the show purposely make the new maid that Cyrus likes look a lot like the old one?  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

The wording was off during the scene with Helena and the twins. I'm also surprised they didn't say anything. It was a good scene. I don't know. There has to be more to the Jasper/Eleanor/Samantha thing because the show has made it a point to so us the viewers that he has been trying to redeem himself. If it was all for a show, to make Liam and Eleanor think he has changed, I don't think they would have gone through all the effort to show us he has changed. There were moments where Len and Liam weren't around and they were trying to make a point that he is different now. I really thought this show was trying to make them endgame. 

I think this show has so many different things going on and doesn't know what to do anymore. It's really disorganized. Even Mark Schawnes other show was never this bad, sure One Tree Hill was not great but it honestly never felt this disorganized. The sad thing is, they really had a good thing going in the first season and could have worked off plots from there. I can't tell if it's the fact that half of last seasons cast left or what but it's not as good or cohesive. 

• Love 1

Has it ever been explained why Cyrus allows Simon's family to stay in the palace? Any answers you all have would be appreciated.

I think it was part of the agreement Cyrus and Helena made when she agreed to the fake blood tests that "proved" Liam and Eleanor are not Simon's children.  Cyrus and Helena wanted to keep the monarchy, and this was the bargain they struck.  Problem was, that Helena then turned on Cyrus to try to overthrow him to claim the crown for herself.

Edited by njbchlover

It feels like a different set of writers takes over for each episode. So it's whatever. The whole show basically just exists so we can watch a fictional queen of England smoking weed.

Still mostly just here for Eleanor. Love the actress.

Jasper can go die.

Edited by kieyra

Has it ever been explained why Cyrus allows Simon's family to stay in the

palace? Any answers you all have would be appreciated.

I think another reason besides the agreement between Cyrus and Helena is that Cyrus knows that the people feel sorry for Prince Liam and Princess Eleanor and kicking these unfortunate kids out of the palace would make Cyrus look bad.  And Cyrus, if nothing else, wants his subjects to like him, knowing that they already dislike him becoming King of Britain.

Why do I feel sorry for Cyrus?  I actually felt bad for him.  I kinda know what he's going through with his illness.  Damn that new palace maid Violet (is that her name?) is going to get her hooks on him soon.  I don't believe for one minute that she is sincere to him.  Either someone is manipulating her to get to the King or she desires to become Cyrus' queen one day.  Cyrus is like a big man child, very petty, cunning and yet kinda stupid at the same time.  I like Cyrus, he makes me laugh because of his delusions of grandeur.

Seriously, the palace is definitely not well guarded!  How the heck did Domino get in to set up the lights and equipment to shine their logo on the floor to freak out Ted, the worst head of security ever?  And how come Len's new girlfriend can just get up and go wandering about in her panties to end up in the room where all the royal jewels are kept without setting off the alarm?

I just love the garden scene with Queen Helena smoking weed and talking to her kids.  Helena kept referring King Simon as their father.  The royal twins now know that their mother was lying when she said that King Simon was not their dad.  I think this might have some impact later on.

Wow!  Is Ted, the worst head of security ever, the real killer of King Simon?  Why would he kill King Simon?  Great cliffhanger!

I like this episode better than last week's.  I feel like the storylines are moving along quicker this time.

Why do I feel sorry for Cyrus?  I actually felt bad for him.  I kinda know what he's going through with his illness.  Damn that new palace maid Violet (is that her name?) is going to get her hooks on him soon.  I don't believe for one minute that she is sincere to him.  Either someone is manipulating her to get to the King or she desires to become Cyrus' queen one day.  Cyrus is like a big man child, very petty, cunning and yet kinda stupid at the same time.  I like Cyrus, he makes me laugh because of his delusions of grandeur.

I thought Prudence the pregnant ex-maid was behind Violet's ( I don't remember her name either) actions, and when she answered the door at the end, I thought it was going to be the new maid and the scene would lead to a hint of what their scheme would be. Instead it was Cyrus asking her if she was sure she was carrying a boy.

I hope next week they show Cyrus' reaction to his daughter's new look. It'll probably be hilarious, as long as they don't have him hit on her Ryan O'Neal style. Ick.

So the secret organization can sneak into the castle & put their logo on the floor without being caught?

*****I'm wondering if Ted is supposed be having a mental breakdown or a split personality or something. He's been seeing the ghost of his dead wife, after all. Maybe he's the one who put the Domino logo inside the palace, but doesn't remember doing so. Hey, stranger things have happened.

I don't think she should be a blonde either, they don't even look like sisters now.

*****I miss the old sisters, too! They were hilarious and they need more scenes!

Now we're finally getting back to Captain Lacey! I keep hoping he managed to survive, I really liked him with Helena, and it sucks that she might have chosen love too late.

I remember when that episode aired, we heard 3 shots and immediately thought about how 3 guys had gone in to kill him.  I just figured he got the jump on them.  I hope so!  

Anyways - at the end of this episode, I was thinking "what the F is going on?"...and not in a good way.  Three separate mysteries:  who killed Simon, what is Domino, and Jasper/Samantha.  That's just way too much going on for me.  This feels like a soapy show in it's ~4th season when they've run out of stories.  Boo.

So the secret organization can sneak into the castle & put their logo on the floor without being caught?

Seriously, the palace is definitely not well guarded!  How the heck did Domino get in to set up the lights and equipment to shine their logo on the floor to freak out Ted, the worst head of security ever?  

Totally not defending Ted and his shitty security but I don't think that scene was in the castle, so far as I could tell. He had that Domino card in his office and found an address on the back of it that was written in black-light ink. That's where the Domino on the floor stuff happened. I have no idea what building it was supposed to be but pretty sure it wasn't the castle/palace/whatever.

My question is how long did Ted have that card hanging around? Was it delivered five minutes before Jasper dropped off the necklace? Did the Domino guys just hang around an old building every night hoping that Ted was going to figure it out and drop by? For all we know, they could have sent him that card weeks ago and he's been too dim to figure it out and some poor schmucks have to come by every night, set up the special light show and wait in the dark for him to show. "Wait, wait, I think I hear him... no, shit, just someone walking by. This guy is stupid. Maybe we shouldn't be so cryptic next time?"

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

I don't know what the hell is going on with this crazy show, but I'm loving it as campy dramedy. Jake Maskall and Alexandra Park sell the hell out of their characters.

Perhaps the disjointed storylines are a result of what I stated above. It appears to this viewer that Cyrus and Eleanor have overshadowed Helena as the stars of the show.  The writers might be struggling to switch gears to play to that direction.

My recording cut off just as Samantha was sneaking out of Eleanor's bed, so I didn't see what happened. I take it that she went out of the room to talk to Jasper. So those two know each other from the past?