Type keyword(s) to search

General Gabbery: DWTS

• Start Topic

On 10/10/2018 at 10:56 AM, spanana said:

Amy is an odd choice, but I think your suspicion on Amy is likely correct, that they originally asked her for Danielle.  I do wonder what they would have done with Nancy had she remained.  The most obvious would have been to ask Kim Fields.

However I think Evanna's is the weirdest pairing.  Yes, her partner was in HP but not in a big role so only uber HP fans would have any connection to that, and she's an actress but barely known to anyone.  At least most of the people watching DWTS know of Amy and may have some connection to her.

Also Normani I think is way too busy for DWTS at the moment, so that would have been most obvious Tinashe pairing, but I also doubt she had the time/was allowed.

I know Normani or Zendaya are way to busy but maybe Heather Morris would have been a good choice. Tinashe has swag for days and she just needs another female to have the same kinda energy and heather morris would have been great choice because i know she isnt busy but maybe just maybe this trio will surprise us. Amy purdy can dance, so thats a plus and plus she was well loved her season enough to place 2nd, so that is even more of a plus. Tinashe seems to be excited to be working with her, so that is all that matters.

Im surprise they got Maddie, isnt she considered A lister too. They must really want Alexis in the finals with Maddie following.

• Love 1

I'm sure they want Alexis in the final, but I just don't see her getting there. I don't think Maddie is a star in Zendaya or Normani's league, so she isn't going to make that many people care.

This whole trio thing with past contestants is just plain stupid. They should have done an all-star season if those folks were willing to come back.

• Love 1
Just now, boyznkatz said:

I'm sure they want Alexis in the final, but I just don't see her getting there. I don't think Maddie is a star in Zendaya or Normani's league, so she isn't going to make that many people care.

This whole trio thing with past contestants is just plain stupid. They should have done an all-star season if those folks were willing to come back.

I think Alexis would make sense to be in the finals, but I see her being eliminated in the future double elimination. I can't even see her making semi-finals. I think with Maddie, they're half hoping to promote her sister on the DWTS Juniors show. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, boyznkatz said:

For me, I don't think Alexis is all that good of a dancer. I was expecting more from her. Tinashe and Evanna to me are byfar the best female dancers this season. For instance, I can see why Alexis didnt get a 10 or even that straight 9s on her contemporary which is very telling, her package was moving but her dance wasnt. I could blame the choreography or just the fact I dont feel any emotion from her when she dances. Tinashe and Evanna both bring character and passion to their dance that I have yet to feel from Alexis, LIke carrieanne told her during her salsa, that she pretty much needs to drop the cutesy act.

5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Alexis would make sense to be in the finals, but I see her being eliminated in the future double elimination. I can't even see her making semi-finals. I think with Maddie, they're half hoping to promote her sister on the DWTS Juniors show. 

I think she's ripe to be eliminated by Joe or Bobby. Yes, I do think they are trying to promote her sister, and I'm fully expecting them to get jazz since that style would suit both Alexis and Maddie.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

For me, I don't think Alexis is all that good of a dancer. I was expecting more from her. Tinashe and Evanna to me are byfar the best female dancers this season. 

If tweeny/teeny boppers are voting for anyone, it would be Evanna. They LOVE Harry Potter.

• Love 1

Evanna has yet to capture me, but I think that might also be partly Keo's choreography and partnering.  I like him as a personality but I'm still not impressed with how he features his celebs and/or his choreography.  He's not doing badly, but I also have seen no wow as yet.  I was more moved by her story (even though I knew a lot of it) and her package than by her actual dance.  Same for Alexis.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

If tweeny/teeny boppers are voting for anyone, it would be Evanna. They LOVE Harry Potter.

Evanna is actually good, im so happy for keo. I was worried about this partnership in the beginning because I didnt think it was going to work but they worked it on out. I have to admit I wasnt feeling Evanna until she rocked that samba and she has been doing good so far. 

By the way, I think Brandon is doing a great job for his first season. I have no complaints. I thought he has given tinashe really good and difficult choreography. My fav dances from them is argentine tango and the cha cha cha, I dont care what Len thought about it, they killed that choreography and dance wise. Im ready to see them do a contemporary and jazz for some reason.

1 minute ago, spanana said:

Evanna has yet to capture me, but I think that might also be partly Keo's choreography and partnering.  I like him as a personality but I'm still not impressed with how he features his celebs and/or his choreography.  He's not doing badly, but I also have seen no wow as yet.

I think this the first time I actually enjoyed keo choreography this season, he is improving but he may need more practice.

TBH I haven't really been wowed by any of the pro's choreography this season. The dancers, yes, but the choreography, no. I was impressed with Keo's VW and Cheryl's samba last week.

Cheryl is The Queen. I sure wouldn't mind her winning again, although I'm sort of rooting for Evanna as well because I'd like to see Keo win and she has improved the most by far.

I like Tinashe, Milo, Demarcus and Alexis as well.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

For me, I don't think Alexis is all that good of a dancer. I was expecting more from her. Tinashe and Evanna to me are byfar the best female dancers this season. For instance, I can see why Alexis didnt get a 10 or even that straight 9s on her contemporary which is very telling, her package was moving but her dance wasnt. I could blame the choreography or just the fact I dont feel any emotion from her when she dances. Tinashe and Evanna both bring character and passion to their dance that I have yet to feel from Alexis, LIke carrieanne told her during her salsa, that she pretty much needs to drop the cutesy act.

I think Alexis is a good dancer, but I don't disagree that she needs to connect with the dances more. But compared to a lot of celebs I've seen over the two years I've been watching fully, Alexis is by far one of the better ones. I've liked all of her dances and she's my second favourite of the season, even above Evanna. Evanna's major issue is having Keo as a partner. Evanna's capable of a lot more than what Keo's given her. The one thing he did right was her HP dance, but the other weeks have been weaker. 

Tinashe and Brandon are definitely great, but I have a hard time remembering their dances once they're done. Actually, that's kind of true with almost all of the dances this season, and I'm not quite sure why. With season 25, there were several dances that wowed me and I can still remember a few of them (some of Frankie's dances, a bunch of Lindsey's dances, Jordan and Linsday's trio, to name a few). But this season, I can't quite remember the dances after they're done. There hasn't been a dance to wow me yet, not even Juan Pablo's samba. And when I say that, I mean it needs to catch my eye when I'm watching it happen live, not when I rewatch it and go "wow, that was better than the first time I watched it" (ie. Juan Pablo's dance).  I think the ones that got close to wowing me were Milo's Charleston, Alexis' Argentine Tango, and maybe Milo's Tango.

ETA: Ok, Demarcus' Most Memorable Year dance was impressive, though I do think it didn't tell his story quite that well, but the dance was impressive. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
Adding one more dance to the almost wow list
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Alexis is a good dancer, but I don't disagree that she needs to connect with the dances more. But compared to a lot of celebs I've seen over the two years I've been watching fully, Alexis is by far one of the better ones. I've liked all of her dances and she's my second favourite of the season, even above Evanna. Evanna's major issue is having Keo as a partner. Evanna's capable of a lot more than what Keo's given her. The one thing he did right was her HP dance, but the other weeks have been weaker. 

Tinashe and Brandon are definitely great, but I have a hard time remembering their dances once they're done. Actually, that's kind of true with almost all of the dances this season, and I'm not quite sure why. With season 25, there were several dances that wowed me and I can still remember a few of them (some of Frankie's dances, a bunch of Lindsey's dances, Jordan and Linsday's trio, to name a few). But this season, I can't quite remember the dances after they're done. There hasn't been a dance to wow me yet, not even Juan Pablo's samba. And when I say that, I mean it needs to catch my eye when I'm watching it happen live, not when I rewatch it and go "wow, that was better than the first time I watched it" (ie. Juan Pablo's dance).  I think the ones that got close to wowing me were Milo's Charleston, Alexis' Argentine Tango, and maybe Milo's Tango.

You're right, I don't remember many of the dances as well. As much as I like Tinashe and Alexis, I really don't remember their dances except Alexis's AT. I do love the Swan Lake music though, so that might have been a factor.

Milo's dances have been fun. He seems like a great kid.

I agree about Keo, but he did have a breakthrough with the VW. Hopefully, he keeps it up.

I really liked Juan Pablo. He seems reserved, but he can light it up when he performs. If he gets in the finals, I wonder if Cheryl will be hit or miss?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

You're right, I don't remember many of the dances as well. As much as I like Tinashe and Alexis, I really don't remember their dances except Alexis's AT. I do love the Swan Lake music though, so that might have been a factor.

Milo's dances have been fun. He seems like a great kid.

I agree about Keo, but he did have a breakthrough with the VW. Hopefully, he keeps it up.

I really liked Juan Pablo. He seems reserved, but he can light it up when he performs. If he gets in the finals, I wonder if Cheryl will be hit or miss?

I actually liked Tinashe Argentine tango better, it was different and executed perfectly. Alexis would have been great if the lifts werent so damn sloppy and she needs to work on her feet for her being a trained in ballet, her feet doesnt stay pointed enough for me. 

Am Im the only dont find Juan Pablo all that goodlooking, i mean he is ok but he is not someone im get all hot and bothered by when comes on the floor. I just dont get it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, vdw84 said:

I actually liked Tinashe Argentine tango better, it was different and executed perfectly. Alexis would have been great if the lifts werent so damn sloppy and she needs to work on her feet for her being a trained in ballet, her feet doesnt stay pointed enough for me. 

Meanwhile, I can't even remember Tinashe's AT, even when I looked up what week she did it. I kind of remember the set, but I don't remember a single moment of that dance. I remember her Circus dance a lot better (which was good and did wow me upon a rewatch). 

Milo is such a joy to watch. He's definitely my favourite of the season, and I never expected to root for him. 

Juan Pablo's ok, but he's the one this season that I can't connect with. He can dance, but I don't feel anything for him when he dances. I also don't see this chemistry that the judges rave about with him and Cheryl.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Juan Pablo's ok, but he's the one this season that I can't connect with. He can dance, but I don't feel anything for him when he dances. I also don't see this chemistry that the judges rave about with him and Cheryl.

All of this, its alot of people say they cant connect with him and I felt for a moment he didnt want listen to Cheryl. I have a feeling this is who tptb is pushing this season really hard. I thought his samba good but not 10 worthy. I felt like that score came out of nowhere because the judges have been lukewarm with him and then bam, they were praising him to the high heavens.

• Love 2

Quick question, why do they keep giving tinashe and alexis the same dance styles back to back. R they trying to make it a fight between the two cute girls this season or something? It just doesnt make sense. They both had jive week 1, argentine tango week 2 and now tango week 4.

• Love 1

I don't necessarily connect with Juan Pablo either.  The one I've had an easiest time connecting with is Milo.  But I don't necessarily think the judges or TPTB are pushing JP exactly.  They aren't NOT pushing him, but I get the all 10's.  Samba is a notoriously hard dance.  IMO it's probably the one that across the board stars struggle with the most and so I do honestly think that was one of the best male sambas we have seen across all seasons from a man.  We don't get a lot of good sambas on this show from celebs.  Or at least not great ones.  So I expect that was a one off in his scores.  If they were going to give almost everyone else 9's, there was nowhere else to go with his scores.  I expect his scores will come back to earth this week though.

ETA: If the judges are going to bust out the perfect score early, I'd rather see it for a samba like JP did than that one season where they posted out really early perfect scores for mediocre "jazz" numbers from Janel Parrish and Bethany Mota.  I could be wrong on the Bethany part.  I know Janel got a perfect score but can't remember entirely on the latter.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

Am Im the only dont find Juan Pablo all that goodlooking, i mean he is ok but he is not someone im get all hot and bothered by when comes on the floor. I just dont get it

1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

All of this, its alot of people say they cant connect with him and I felt for a moment he didnt want listen to Cheryl.

Maybe you can appreciate or at least understand then how some people feel about Tinashe. Some people you simply don't 'get' or connect with, its all just a matter of personal taste. It doesn't have to be a matter or being black or being intimidated by an attractive person - sometimes you just don't get it. I'm a fan of JP but I'll never question why others arent. Its perfectly fine to have different opinions.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Maybe you can appreciate or at least understand then how some people feel about Tinashe. Some people you simply don't 'get' or connect with, its all just a matter of personal taste. It doesn't have to be a matter or being black or being intimidated by an attractive person - sometimes you just don't get it. I'm a fan of JP but I'll never question why others arent. Its perfectly fine to have different opinions.

I would understand if I didnt see this every season with certain contestants like her. Its the same thing. I do understand that everyone has their favs and that is fine, im not questioning that but my problem truly lies when the same type of contestants get labeled the same kinda stuff. Me not connected with JP is very irrelevant to the point Im trying to make about Tinashe. Tinashe has not once shown cockiness at all or attitude and when people say this, I just have smh because they said the same thing about Normani who was another young pretty black girl, that never showed any cockiness. I think people get confidence confused with cockiness. Cockiness is thinking ur better than others and Tinashe doesnt act like that, she is always under other contestants posts complimenting and stuff and gives praises to her pro partner, that doesnt scream Cockiness.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I think it is good to explain "not connecting" with a particular contestant, though. Because it's more than just being indifferent...when someone says "I don't connect," it's an active comment about a contestant that carries a negative connotation.

And while one person doesn't connect with a contestant, there may be another person who does. This means that "connecting" actually reflects more on the viewer than the contestant.

So when there are no reasons/examples given for "not connecting," the discussion sort of gets shut down and then there is the risk of assumptions and generalizations being made.

ETA: Can you imagine if we all came on this forum to talk about the dances and we just said "good," "bad," "Ok" and went on our way?!!

Edited by calipiano81
39 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I would understand if I didnt see this every season with certain contestants like her. Its the same thing. I do understand that everyone has their favs and that is fine, im not questioning that but my problem truly lies when the same type of contestants get labeled the same kinda stuff. Me not connected with JP is very irrelevant to the point Im trying to make about Tinashe. Tinashe has not once shown cockiness at all or attitude and when people say this, I just have smh because they said the same thing about Normani who was another young pretty black girl, that never showed any cockiness. I think people get confidence confused with cockiness. Cockiness is thinking ur better than others and Tinashe doesnt act like that, she is always under other contestants posts complimenting and stuff and gives praises to her pro partner, that doesnt scream Cockiness.

I can agree with this. I didn't like Normani, I'll be honest. A lot of it wasn't necessarily just on her and had to do with the choreography and how she got saddled down with troupe members or other sorts of flashiness that she didn't need. The first half of her season had her either surrounded by troupe member, had her girl group singing live or recorded as she danced (more than once, which annoyed me) or her dances didn't have much to do with the type she was assigned (that When I Grow Up dance was basically hip hop and had no salsa to it, from what I saw). But some of it was the fact that I didn't connect with her on a personal level, just for various reasons. I wasn't rooting for her that season. I wasn't rooting for David either. I wasn't really rooting for Rashad even; I had been rooting for Nancy Kerrigan and actually stopped watching live when her and Nick Viall were eliminated. 

Tinashe, from what I've seen, isn't cocky. She seems pleasant and nice. I wasn't really fond of Brandon until watching DWTS Junior, but I find Tinashe perfectly fine. I'm not necessarily rooting for her above Milo, for example, and wouldn't be mad if she didn't win, but I find her just fine. She definitely would be a solid winner, but I guess for me, I always get drawn to the underdogs. It's just a natural habit of mine. I'm rooting for Milo, but I might be rooting for Alexis more. She's a capable dancer but I don't think she has the fanbase to get her far, so I find myself rooting for her. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I can agree with this. I didn't like Normani, I'll be honest. A lot of it wasn't necessarily just on her and had to do with the choreography and how she got saddled down with troupe members or other sorts of flashiness that she didn't need. The first half of her season had her either surrounded by troupe member, had her girl group singing live or recorded as she danced (more than once, which annoyed me) or her dances didn't have much to do with the type she was assigned (that When I Grow Up dance was basically hip hop and had no salsa to it, from what I saw). But some of it was the fact that I didn't connect with her on a personal level, just for various reasons. I wasn't rooting for her that season. I wasn't rooting for David either. I wasn't really rooting for Rashad even; I had been rooting for Nancy Kerrigan and actually stopped watching live when her and Nick Viall were eliminated. 

Tinashe, from what I've seen, isn't cocky. She seems pleasant and nice. I wasn't really fond of Brandon until watching DWTS Junior, but I find Tinashe perfectly fine. I'm not necessarily rooting for her above Milo, for example, and wouldn't be mad if she didn't win, but I find her just fine. She definitely would be a solid winner, but I guess for me, I always get drawn to the underdogs. It's just a natural habit of mine. I'm rooting for Milo, but I might be rooting for Alexis more. She's a capable dancer but I don't think she has the fanbase to get her far, so I find myself rooting for her. 

Thank you, for understanding what Im saying and im fine with u not rooting for because u like to go for the underdogs, I was just basically talking about labels woc of get on dwts and I know that doesnt relate to everyone but it is something I have noticed and just felt like i needed to bring up.

I don't disagree on what has been said about how WOC are often treated on this show, but does saying you don't connect with a celeb necessarily indicate a bad connotation about said person?  I'm not talking about Tinashe on that, but in general.  Honestly I don't connect with most celebs on this show.  But that doesn't mean I dislike most of them or think they are horrid dancers or untalented.  Being moved by dance is such a subjective thing.  Yes, there are objectively good and bad dancers based on technique but I can watch SYTYCD...a show full of amazing dancers with fabulous technique and still not be moved by most of them, which doesn't really say anything as to their talent.  What it says to me is that there is an intangible factor to dance and everyone responds to different things.  I usually find at most one or two dancers a season where something either in the way they move or the way they perform speaks to me and I respond to that.  I can never explain who or what I'm going to respond to ahead of time.  Sometimes I respond to the best dancer, sometimes it's the underdog.

This season while I can objectively see we have a lot of good dancers on a similar level, which is fun, I haven't responded to anyone as yet besides Milo.  But of course that can change since it's still early.  That doesn't mean I think Milo is the best technical dancer or that it will be a travesty if someone else wins (unless that someone else is named Bobby or Joe), but I guess my main point is that dance (or art in general) is such a subjective thing. 

• Love 6

People thought Nastia was cocky... I've read it about Nyle on different boards too... Paige

What's the excuse there?

Believe me I can understand the frustration of labels. Irrelevant to this show, but I HATE how Hollywood portrays Russians in movies and shows... but to quote Freud from Sabrina the Teenage Witch "sometimes banana is just a banana..."

People perceive and transfer their own attitude onto others. "I'd never say that, it would be to cocky", nevermind that context matters immensely. 

I also understand concentrating on a specific person/type.  I adore Artem, and feel like he's been handled like crap by producers, even though I'm sure some other people would think that he doesn't have it as bad as <insert their fav>

Just because you notice that certain things are said about certain type of contestant doesn't mean that those same things are not being said about other contestants. You are just not as invested in those others. You might even agree about those others. It might happen in a different community, but you are not actively seeking that community, cause you have no interest in that contestant (or their immediate rival)

You are probably right, Tinashe gets a lot of crap because she is young, beautiful and a threat in the competition. But I'm sorry, her color is not anywhere near the top of the reasons. It will happen to any young beautiful talented woman. Sometimes a man too... and not just in DWTS. Unfortunately it's human nature.  

Edited by vavera4ka
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

People thought Nastia was cocky... I've read it about Nyle on different boards too...

What's the excuse there?

Believe me I can understand the frustration of labels. Irrelevant to this show, but I HATE how Hollywood portrays Russians in movies and shows... but to quote Freud from Sabrina the Teenage Witch "sometimes banana is just a banana..."

I just think sometimes, people get confidence confused with cockiness. Like for instance, I have always considered myself to confident, does that mean I think im better than everyone, hell no or I dont have insecurities, of course I do, we all do but I always try to have a smile on my face as much as I can and stay pretty confident within myself. I think for sometimes certain characteristics on certain people rub others a wrong way. I can talk on this subject so much but i'll just say, like my grandma use to say, "what looks good on the chicken, may not look good on the hen".

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

You are probably right, Tinashe gets a lot of crap because she is young, beautiful and a threat in the competition. But I'm sorry, her color is not anywhere near the top of the reasons. It will happen to any young beautiful talented woman. Sometimes a man too... and not just in DWTS. Unfortunately it's human nature.

As someone who has watched the season from the beginning, I can only go what I have noticed and alot of others to. I have just seen contestants like her quickly get that label and never understood why. I often time think about Tamar season and how she was treated horribly and she actually was called some very disrespectful, racist names on sm. I never saw anything like it, it was pretty bad even Val who was her partner had to step in and get onto the producers for manipulating their packages.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, vdw84 said:

I just think sometimes, people get confidence confused with cockiness. Like for instance, I have always considered myself to confident, does that mean I think im better than everyone, hell no or I dont have insecurities, of course I do, we all do but I always try to have a smile on my face as much as I can and stay pretty confident within myself. I think for sometimes certain characteristics on certain people rub others a wrong way. I can talk on this subject so much but i'll just say, like my grandma use to say, "what looks good on the chicken, may not look good on the hen".

lol I LOVE your grandma, that's such a cool phrase (stealing it)

And yes, confidence and cockiness share a very grey and thin border both in expression and perception.  That's why I don't think it's worth the effort to try and defend one or the other... It's not something objective. It doesn't have a way to measure, quantify and qualify. So fighting over it or trying to change someone else's mind about it... futile...

Like it was said above. You either click with something or someone or you don't. Unfortunately a lot of people like to bring up their favs by putting down others... I personally don't understand it, but I accept that this exists...

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

People thought Nastia was cocky... I've read it about Nyle on different boards too... Paige

What's the excuse there?

I don't know about Nyle and Paige, but Nastia was portrayed by the media as a diva who was mean to poor widdle Shawn Johnson, who was labeled as "America's Sweetheart." Nastia was competitive and while men are applauded for that, women are portrayed as divas.  Look at Serena Williams. The woman is a class act, but the media portrays her as a diva.

I'm sure Shawn and Nastia must laugh their asses off, as they are and have always been friends.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, spanana said:

I don't disagree on what has been said about how WOC are often treated on this show, but does saying you don't connect with a celeb necessarily indicate a bad connotation about said person?  I'm not talking about Tinashe on that, but in general.  Honestly I don't connect with most celebs on this show.  But that doesn't mean I dislike most of them or think they are horrid dancers or untalented.

I think if someone makes it a point to say, "I don't connect with" a certain contestant, it does imply something negative. Or, it's meant to counter someone else's favorable opinion of said contestant.

If a contestant makes no strong impression in any way, there is usually no motivation to say anything at all. I think we tend to be much more compelled to comment on our favorite(s) or those we actively dislike. With such contestants, I think it's more that they "stuck out" as opposed to us not having any connection with the rest of the cast. 

3 hours ago, spanana said:

Being moved by dance is such a subjective thing.  Yes, there are objectively good and bad dancers based on technique but I can watch SYTYCD...a show full of amazing dancers with fabulous technique and still not be moved by most of them, which doesn't really say anything as to their talent.  What it says to me is that there is an intangible factor to dance and everyone responds to different things.  I usually find at most one or two dancers a season where something either in the way they move or the way they perform speaks to me and I respond to that.  I can never explain who or what I'm going to respond to ahead of time.  Sometimes I respond to the best dancer, sometimes it's the underdog.

This season while I can objectively see we have a lot of good dancers on a similar level, which is fun, I haven't responded to anyone as yet besides Milo.  But of course that can change since it's still early.  That doesn't mean I think Milo is the best technical dancer or that it will be a travesty if someone else wins (unless that someone else is named Bobby or Joe), but I guess my main point is that dance (or art in general) is such a subjective thing. 

Yes, it's common sense that people will have different opinions and that dance is subjective, but it's then also natural for people of opposing opinions to then ask "Why?" and request an elaboration in order to understand. For some reason, some posters take offense to this.

Why post on a discussion forum if we're not willing to, you know, discuss?

• Love 2

Dances and Songs for Week 4 trios:

(as usual, copied from Pure)

John & Emma – Argentine tango (song: “Torn ” by Nathan Lanier)
Trio w/Joey Fatone
1-800-868-3407

DeMarcus & Lindsay – paso doble (song: “ Fire ” by Barns Courtney)
Trio w/Rashad Jennings
1-800-868-3404

Alexis & Alan – tango (song: “Move Your Body ” by Sia)
Trio w/Maddie Ziegler
1-800-868-3401

Joe & Jenna – salsa (song: “I’m Too Sexy ” by Right Said Fred)
Trio w/Jordan Kimball
1-800-868-3406

Tinashe & Brandon – tango (song: “ Hit Me With Your Best Shot ” from Rock of Ages )
Trio w/Amy Purdy
1-800-868-3413

Milo & Witney – salsa (song: “Adrenalina ” by Wisin feat. Jennifer Lopez & Ricky Martin)
Trio w/Riker Lynch
1-800-868-3410

Mary Lou & Sasha – Charleston (song: “V.E.S.P.A ” by Dimie Cat)
Trio w/Nastia Liukin
1-800-868-3409

Juan Pablo & Cheryl – cha-cha (song: “ Wavey ” by CliQ feat. Alika)
Trio w/Melissa Rycroft

1-800-868-3408

Evanna & Keo – salsa (song: “Black Magic ” by Little Mix)
Trio w/Scarlett Byrne
1-800-868-3405

Bobby & Sharna – cha-cha (song: “U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer)
Trio w/Lindsay Sterling
1-800-868-3402

6 hours ago, vdw84 said:

As someone who has watched the season from the beginning, I can only go what I have noticed and alot of others to. I have just seen contestants like her quickly get that label and never understood why. I often time think about Tamar season and how she was treated horribly and she actually was called some very disrespectful, racist names on sm. I never saw anything like it, it was pretty bad even Val who was her partner had to step in and get onto the producers for manipulating their packages.

Tineshe is a mixed kid like Jordan.  The treatment of the two is night and day.

Now, I loved Jordan because he was a great dancer. I couldn't care less about Lindsay she's a cookie cutter Utah chick just like the others with nothing really special about her dancing. In fact I could care less about any of these pros who act over-sexed to hide the fact they are teaching bugger all.  But on the dances where he could really show his skills,  Lindsay had to up her game when she danced with Jordan. She couldn't rely on crazy lifts, she had to dance. Proud Mary-- Jordan was the better dancer and sold it with his cool vibe and incredible ability -  Bar none, the BEST Jive ever on the show. Also the BEST Trio Dance--,and it really wasn't the choreography, it was how it was executed..  

I saw the DWTS road show and it was cheez whiz- I wouldn't bother seeing another one,  but Jordan completely impressed me.  When I saw the show he had in addition to doing his own dances, stepped in for Keo who was ill.  So yeah, a pro, and I didn't care.  He is an exciting smooth and confident dancer.

Tineshe is adorable. It's must see tv when she dances. But she's invisible on the DWTS twitter feed. It's all about that idiot Bones, and Milo and the Footballer. So the writing is on the wall. The show isn't pushing her so she will be gone.  I  want to see how much ballroom and latin technique Brandon can pack in before she goes. She did a pretty strong rumba and nobody gives a shit. But I like technique and if she goes down she won't be doing stupid backflips off the judges desk to prove it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dancelove said:

Tineshe is adorable. It's must see tv when she dances. But she's invisible on the DWTS twitter feed. It's all about that idiot Bones, and Milo and the Footballer. So the writing is on the wall. The show isn't pushing her so she will be gone.  I  want to see how much ballroom and latin technique Brandon can pack in before she goes. She did a pretty strong rumba and nobody gives a shit. But I like technique and if she goes down she won't be doing stupid backflips off the judges desk to prove it. 

Everything in this paragraph and I agree about Lindsay and Jordan. Jordan like Alfonso would have won with anyone. I thought Jordan was a better dancer than Lindsey. I think Lindsay is a good teacher but I do not consider the best dancer from female pros, sorry. 

Everything u said about Tinashe is accurate and how she is treated unfairly. I like milo but I noticed something, u remember when Normani did the dancing on the table her season during her jive and Len just had to complain about it but he seemed so happy with Milo performing it. I was thinking if Tinashe had that same dance, Len would be complaining about it was too hiphop and not enough content or it didnt feel like a true jive. Lets not forget about when Len complained about her little hiphop break in her cha cha cha last week but he was so thrilled with Alexis booty dance. I was thinking if Tinashe did that booty salsa, it would have been different tone in Lens voice. Im trying to figure out how people cant see that she is being treated unfairly. 

Kudos to brandon for keeping her classy and always looking good. He doesnt sexualize her and he easily could because of how she looks and persona but he doesnt do it. I was thinking if she with someone like Gleb, he would sex her up and have her doing every slutty routine he could think of. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Dancelove said:

Ugh. I don't do Twitter, but why does anyone give a shit about Booby or his flailing around. That dance last week was awful and Sharna's choreography isn't really all that and a bag of chips, either. I know he isn't much to work with, but they have zero chemistry.

Brandon is a good dancer and choreographer and he will win some day if the show lasts a couple more seasons. I agree he won't win with Tinashe, though. Being in jeopardy this early means she is going to be a mid-season boot, which is a shame.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Ugh. I don't do Twitter, but why does anyone give a shit about Booby or his flailing around. That dance last week was awful and Sharna's choreography isn't really all that and a bag of chips, either. I know he isn't much to work with, but they have zero chemistry.

Brandon is a good dancer and choreographer and he will win some day if the show lasts a couple more seasons. I agree he won't win with Tinashe, though. Being in jeopardy this early means she is going to be a mid-season boot, which is a shame.

It is ashame because I atleast wanted them to make it to the finale because I want to see their freestyle. Im trying to stay positive and hope she got enough votes to carry her on her way but again female ringers are treated way different than male ringers now on dwts as to why its been men dominating the win the past three seasons and look like that may be the case this season. I knew with TInashe being so open with her dance experience she was going get backlash but the viewers ask for the contestants to be honest but when they do, they start treating them unfairly.

Bobby, idiotic self can go. Im sorry about his past but his sobstory did notthing for me becaus of how he has been dissing and campaigning against his castmates esp. demarcus and tinashe on sm. Why he keeps mentioning them over alexis and esp. Milo and now we Juan on the block but he keeps trying to point out the two black contestants and its frustrating me. 

• Love 2

Well you know now Booby is plugging an injury on SM so that people will feel sorry for him. He is the same tool who posted an unflattering billboard about himself in Nashville so people would feel sorry for him! What a friggin' freak.

At least Tinashe doesn't complain and she works hard each week. Milo and Demarcus are also injured and they aren't complaining. 

It seems like some whiner was always singling out Lindsey Sterling and Jordan as ringers when they were on, but I don't remember who that was. Maybe it was Frankie who wasn't such a great dancer either and always complaining about his injuries.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

It seems like some whiner was always singling out Lindsey Sterling and Jordan as ringers when they were on, but I don't remember who that was. Maybe it was Frankie who wasn't such a great dancer either and always complaining about his injuries.

I know Frankie brought up Lindsey and Jordan being the best of that season once, but I'm pretty sure he never whined about it. Plus, it wasn't like he did it constantly right from the beginning like Bobby Bones, who is WAY worse about it. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Everything in this paragraph and I agree about Lindsay and Jordan. Jordan like Alfonso would have won with anyone. I thought Jordan was a better dancer than Lindsey. I think Lindsay is a good teacher but I do not consider the best dancer from female pros, sorry.

I'm not going to get into the Lindsay/Jordan comparison, but in terms of current female pros from an overall ballroom technique standpoint...I'd argue Lindsay is a better technical dancer than Sharna, Emma, Witney, Cheryl, etc.  I don't even know if that is a subjective opinion because it's one of seen from quite a few dancers who like to harp on technique and rank everything in terms of who is the best dancer.  Also of course if somebody like Karina was on, she would 100% be a better latin dancer than Lindsay.  The only current pro who is likely a better technician, annoying as she is, is Jenna.  Jenna is a very technical dancer, even though her performance side is ridiculously over the top.  Also of course the current pros tend to lose some of their technical ability when they aren't training in the way they were when they were on the competitive circuit.

Of course that doesn't mean that people need to like Lindsay or enjoy her dancing the most, but IMO she is 100% a better technical ballroom than the majority of our other current female pros.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, spanana said:

I'm not going to get into the Lindsay/Jordan comparison, but in terms of current female pros from an overall ballroom technique standpoint...I'd argue Lindsay is a better technical dancer than Sharna, Emma, Witney, Cheryl, etc.  I don't even know if that is a subjective opinion because it's one of seen from quite a few dancers who like to harp on technique and rank everything in terms of who is the best dancer.  Also of course if somebody like Karina was on, she would 100% be a better latin dancer than Lindsay.  The only current pro who is likely a better technician, annoying as she is, is Jenna.  Jenna is a very technical dancer, even though her performance side is ridiculously over the top.  Also of course the current pros tend to lose some of their technical ability when they aren't training in the way they were when they were on the competitive circuit.

Of course that doesn't mean that people need to like Lindsay or enjoy her dancing the most, but IMO she is 100% a better technical ballroom than the majority of our other current female pros.

I agree she is a technical dancer but her performance quality is alright. When she is group numbers with the other girls, I never just watch her at all. She doesnt standout. 

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I know Frankie brought up Lindsey and Jordan being the best of that season once, but I'm pretty sure he never whined about it. Plus, it wasn't like he did it constantly right from the beginning like Bobby Bones, who is WAY worse about it. 

It was actually, Val whining about Jordan and Lindsay and I for one will never understand his frustration, like dude u won twice, be happy and allow this journey for someone else.

2 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I agree she is a technical dancer but her performance quality is alright. When she is group numbers with the other girls, I never just watch her at all. She doesnt standout.

That's fine.  I disagree, but I get your point. Technique and performance aren't the same.  Of our current female pros, I personally think Lindsay is the one that blends technique and performance the best.  A lot of other female pros are probably more performers than they are technicians, like Sharna and Witney.  But I get that enjoyment of performance is 100% subjective.  I was only speaking to Lindsay's technical abilities, especially amongst our current crop of pros.

Also I often think that technique goes out the window for some of these pros when they have been off the training circuit for years.  Like I remember when Cheryl first came to the show she was straight off the competition floor and was therefore a lot more of a competition dancer and her technique was a lot stronger.  Of course without that daily training, it waned a lot.

• Love 2

I think there's also something to be said about being a good dancer versus being a good teacher. I believe there was a debate several years ago about Karina and Cheryl, in that Karina was the best female pro dancer, whereas Cheryl was the best female pro teacher. I see Lindsay as one of the better teachers as well. Jenna's a good dancer, but I think she's a crappy teacher.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I think there's also something to be said about being a good dancer versus being a good teacher. I believe there was a debate several years ago about Karina and Cheryl, in that Karina was the best female pro dancer, whereas Cheryl was the best female pro teacher. I see Lindsay as one of the better teachers as well. Jenna's a good dancer, but I think she's a crappy teacher.

During S20, Wendy Williams was talking about the Kym-Robert romance, and she mentioned how nice and friendly Kym was when Wendy did the show. Wendy said Kym was beloved at DWTS, but Karina was not. She said Karina was the type that has no female friends, and seemed vain and self-involved.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, fpbl83 said:

During S20, Wendy Williams was talking about the Kym-Robert romance, and she mentioned how nice and friendly Kym was when Wendy did the show. Wendy said Kym was beloved at DWTS, but Karina was not. She said Karina was the type that has no female friends, and seemed vain and self-involved.   

There was an article I read a couple of years back about how Karina was an icon to the rest of the pros because she was such a star in the dance world that they all idolized her, rather than seeing her as an equal as they did with each other.

To be fair to Karina, she's very close with her best friend/manager Lindsay and is godmother to her child. I don't know if she has a lot of female friends, but she definitely has one. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

There was an article I read a couple of years back about how Karina was an icon to the rest of the pros because she was such a star in the dance world that they all idolized her, rather than seeing her as an equal as they did with each other.

To be fair to Karina, she's very close with her best friend/manager Lindsay and is godmother to her child. I don't know if she has a lot of female friends, but she definitely has one. 

Interesting. What Wendy said surprised me because I never heard a pro be spoken of in that way by a past contestant. I thought it was kind of tacky for Wendy to say that on national TV. 

Edited by fpbl83
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, fpbl83 said:

Interesting. What Wendy said surprised me because I never heard a pro be spoken of in that way by a past contestant. I thought it was kind of tacky for Wendy to say that on national TV. 

Wendy is a horrible person. I don't watch her show but from what I've read, she's trashed the show and a lot of the pros quite a bit since she was on, including Tony, who was her partner.

I'm not Karina's biggest fan, but I thought that article was so interesting, finding out that she was so high above the other pros as far as her standing in the dance world.

She recently started a dance competition with Elena Grinenko, which I find so funny considering they both have a past with Maks, especially with some of the stuff Karina referenced in her book.

• Love 1

I know, some people "really look forward to seeing _____'s freestyle. I really don't. I've seen very few freestyles that wowed me and I wouldn't be mad if it were gone from the competition. My opinion, I'm entitled to have one. You are entitled to have your own, of course.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

For sure. Since I saw talk of Kym below, she’s someone I think of as a fabulous teacher but she’s obviously not a dancer on caliber with Karina.

I also think that was a pill Karina had to swallow when she joined the show in S3. S3 was kind of a nasty season even though everyone involved seemed to get over it and move on. But I think Karina coming in direct from the competitive world where she easily outclassed most of our other pros, she had this natural assumption that the best dancers win.  That went for the celebs (Mario vs. Emmitt) but also extended to the pros. I think there was this natural assumption that because she was a better dancer than Cheryl that she should win over her.  I know some things were said in the media post season by Karina and Mario.  The good thing was Karina seemed to get over it and she learned how the show worked.

This is also just my own opinion, but I also think it’s been a pill that Jenna had to swallow early on, to a lesser extent than Karina and in a different way. Jenna has straight up said how miserable she was and all the confidence issues she had in her early years at dwts. Some of that was body confidence issues (per her admission) but I think it was also she wasn’t getting the attention in LA that she was used to getting in the competitive dance world.  Growing up with Lindsay, Wit and others, she was the one with the technical accolades and was used to winning.  Then they go to LA and Lindsay and Wit made it to both SYTYCD and DWTS before her and both became successful pros when she was still languishing in the troupe, yet in her world she was the stronger dancer.  I don’t know that she knew what to do with that. 

• Love 1

From looking at Witney's IG and IG stories, it looks like Witney and hubby have purchased a nice crib in Utah. They have had landscaping done in their backyard and remodeled the master bedroom. Looking at some the pics Witney has shared, her house is not too shabby. It has got some nice square footage. I have to say, I am curious on just how much money these pro dancers make on DWTS.  Some of the posts I have read on the subject makes me believe, the salary is good, but not real good. I don't know what Witney's hubby does for a living. But for a pro dancer, Witney's house is muy Bueno.  I love the landscaping done in the backyard, and the master bedroom is not to shabby, although I would put a bit more color into it, too white for my taste. But I guess whatever floats one's boat.  I wonder if Witney is thinking of leaving DWTS and starting a family soon, because of the house they bought in Utah. I think Lindsay might be another one who will probably leave around the same time.  Well, just some musings on a lazy Saturday afternoon. 

• Love 1

I remember some drama a few seasons back about how some of the pros were demanding much higher salaries since they thought they were such big stars themselves. I always wondered if you get a spike in your paycheck once you actually win? 

53 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

I know, some people "really look forward to seeing _____'s freestyle. I really don't. I've seen very few freestyles that wowed me and I wouldn't be mad if it were gone from the competition. My opinion, I'm entitled to have one. You are entitled to have your own, of course.

I actually agree with you. Sometimes so many tricks and gimmicks are thrown into freestyles that it ends up being too much. I think the last freestyle that made me feel anything was Nyle and Peta's. And as predictable as it was for him to dance to Sound of Silence, Peta really worked the hell out of that choreography.

• Love 2