Type keyword(s) to search

We're Sorry to See You Go: Major Character Deaths

• Start Topic

I'm sick to death about it. 4 years of a wonderful story...erased b/c of writers caving to homophobes, an unsuccessful recast (I'm not bashing GW. I like him) and departure of the other core character. 4 actor Emmys and several show Emmys. Great ratings while they were in the forefront (before bad writing/character assassinations). 

Plus, Will was tied to every major family through blood and marriage. There was story there. Tons. 

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 5

Dear Stefano:

Please use your special talents to resurrect Will. He was your Step Grandson off and on for years. There were times you had a good relationship with him. Do it for EJ's memory (or even an alive EJ). Do it for ME. 

Sincerely,

I'm way to upset about this, my husband frets for my sanity

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

They're going to have to kill Victor and have it stick, unfortunately.  Very sad.

They didn’t with Stefano… 

But they definitely should have it stick. I felt what they did with Stefano was in bad taste. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
30 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

They didn’t with Stefano… 

But they definitely should have it stick. I felt what they did with Stefano was in bad taste. 

I thought that Stefano was/is dead, and they just put his "essence" on a microchip and then into Steve?  

55 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I thought that Stefano was/is dead, and they just put his "essence" on a microchip and then into Steve?  

I thought at first he was truly alive. Even after the actor died and the character was presumed dead. I could be confused. But I remember Hope (?) looking for him after the character/actor died. They found footage he was still alive.  I forget how he became dead dead on screen  

Or I have timelines mixed up with all the taping ahead they do.

ETA

Never mind. I did some research. It was a combination of them airing scenes the actor shot before he died and Shane masquerading as Stefano to clear Hope from murdering him. 

However, I do think the essence was disrespectful. Not to mention stooopid. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

However, I do think the essence was disrespectful. Not to mention stooopid. 

Absolutely agree with both points.  But then again this is the show that has had the devil come around three times, and quite a few other ridiculous storylines...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Absolutely agree with both points.  But then again this is the show that has had the devil come around three times, and quite a few other ridiculous storylines...

And people return from the dead ALL THE TIME but Don Craig still hasn't found his way back from the mailbox.  And isn't there some kid who went upstairs in the Horton house and never came back down?

• Like 4
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And isn't there some kid who went upstairs in the Horton house and never came back down?

That was from Days' time-slot competitor, All My Children. Seems Joe Martin's son, Bobby Martin, went upstairs to get his skis and was never seen again.

Well...practically! Decades later, the writers did a gag where someone got locked in the Martin attic or something and there was a skeleton in winter gear with the tag "Bobby" on it next to a pair of skis...

As for Don Craig, even if the writers wanted to bring him back, they can't now since Jed Allan passed away a few years ago. (Unless Don Craig is recast, of course. But really, why bother now?)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hopefully Doug makes it to 100, but I really, really want them to do something dignified for him. They probably won't, but they should.

I don't think this show will last long enough to even have a conversation about Diedre Hall/Marlena passing on (I can see her having at least another 10-20 years) but I'd love something simple like this:

I guess it would have to be with Kristen. Hopefully the real one.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

Tommy Horton - son of Tom and Alice, when upstairs to his room and did not come back for decades.  He was a grown man at the time, a war veteran.  He went up for a nap and came down many years later, quite refreshed

• LOL 4