Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four General Discussion

Movies, you say? 

@rmontro Subforums must be requested by a mod to the admin of the site. It is limited to forums with a certain volume of traffic. Creating new topics is ok if there isn't an existing topic where a discussion would be a good fit. 

And now we return to our regularly scheduled discussion of Alaskan Bush People Season 4.

• Love 2

Over at Railing Kill's site is FB photos from fans of Alaskan Bush People meeting the Browns in Arizona at several stores and whatever.... Looks like a hotel and a Wal Mart and some Sports store... Who is holding down the town in Alaska ?

Maybe looking for Granbabies ???

• Love 2
On 4/7/2017 at 0:32 PM, realityobserver said:

Over at Railing Kill's site is FB photos from fans of Alaskan Bush People meeting the Browns in Arizona at several stores and whatever.... Looks like a hotel and a Wal Mart and some Sports store... Who is holding down the town in Alaska ?

Maybe looking for Granbabies ???

Are you kidding me?  It's cold in Alaska this time of year.

Maybe they're out looking for Bam lol.

• Love 2

Sadly, it appears Rain has lost another tooth.

If this is Rain, no surprise.; if it actually Rhain then it is trying to fit in to the BrownClownz family culture. You go girl, knock out a tooth or two to fit in.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

If this is Rain, no surprise.; if it actually Rhain then it is trying to fit in to the BrownClownz family culture. You go girl, knock out a tooth or two to fit in.

Echoes of the old Bob Newhart Show.  "Hi, my name is Noah.  This is my sister, Rain.  This is my other sister, Rhain.  Oh wait, this one is my wife."

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, wanton87 said:

Do you mean Snowbird?

Whichever of the two Brown daughters is the older.

40 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

Whichever of the two Brown daughters is the older.

Yeah, that's her, the one that's already dentally challenged. They made it a point for Rain to have nice teeth, since the plan was to get her into a modeling gig. Or so the rumor goes.

17 hours ago, wanton87 said:

They made it a point for Rain to have nice teeth, since the plan was to get her into a modeling gig. Or so the rumor goes.

Oh, I haven't heard that one before.  "Sorry Bird, you'll have to do without the dental care because we won't be getting a financial kickback from it.  But we can use your sister for modeling, so she's worth the investment".  Lots of modeling gigs in the bush, I bet.

I'm curious to see the new format of the show.  Will we see Bam?  Where will they relocate to?  Will Bear get a real job?

2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Oh, I haven't heard that one before.  "Sorry Bird, you'll have to do without the dental care because we won't be getting a financial kickback from it.  But we can use your sister for modeling, so she's worth the investment".  Lots of modeling gigs in the bush, I bet.

I read it somewhere rmontro, but since I only had the one link, it couldn’t be confirmed, so that’s why I chalked it up to possibly being just a rumor. But it sounds like it really could be true, so I thought to mention it.

I get the impression that between Rain and Snowbird, the latter takes secondary status to the former, or rather, is viewed more as the “Meg Griffin” of the two daughters.

1 hour ago, wanton87 said:

I read it somewhere rmontro, but since I only had the one link, it couldn’t be confirmed, so that’s why I chalked it up to possibly being just a rumor. But it sounds like it really could be true, so I thought to mention it.

Sounds just like them.  

I never got the impression Bird was considered second rate in the family, but Rain IS the baby.

Rain having a modeling career?  Seriously?  Then again, I suppose models might be hard to come by in the Alaskan wilderness.  ;)

I do feel sorry for 'bird.  You would think with all the $$ they are making from this show (it has been on how many years now?) they could afford a decent dental plan for her.  And she's not half bad looking either -- and fixing those teeth would be a boost in that area as well.

And aside from Ami being sick (read: I wouldn't wish cancer on anybody - I definitely wish her well and hope she recovers), I do wonder if the owner of the land was tired of them trashing it with all their garbage and such.  So perhaps he decided not to renew the lease.  And if so, I wouldn't blame him one bit there.

I did see a blurb on Facebook where Matt supposedly is doing better and is recovering with his family (the latter would scare me the more than the accident itself) and thanks the fans for the positive thoughts.  I know it sounds mean, but I hope it knocks some sense into him.   And as soon as he is able, LEAVE!

• Love 1
(edited)

Interesting article I came across while searching ABP on the web.... According to this report they (or some of them) are in Maine. (May 6,2017)

Sagadahoc County and Bowdoin are in the state of Maine...

full report here

123.jpg

Edited by realityobserver
added date, added county and city, blacked out name
  • Love 1

So today is supposed to be the start of the new season or so I thought. Did I get the dates mixed up?  For the past 30 minutes now they have shown nothing but snipets from prior seasons and never before seen (lost) footage from last season along with moments of some new commentaries. Perhaps they should take the word NEW out of their description of this season opener. Why did I expect anything different. 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Dennie said:

So today is supposed to be the start of the new season or so I thought. Did I get the dates mixed up?  For the past 30 minutes now they have shown nothing but snipets from prior seasons and never before seen (lost) footage from last season along with moments of some new commentaries. Perhaps they should take the word NEW out of their description of this season opener. Why did I expect anything different. 

I made the same mistake, which was to believe the Alaskan Bush family facebook page and Discovery

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 10.02.39 PM.png

Edited by Rock knocker
spelling
  • Love 2

I also got suckered in.  Though I only watched until the first commercial break.  I had to go someplace anyway. 

Good to see I didn't miss much.  Really kinda smarmy of Discovery to promote the start of a new season of this series and then deliver basically a glorified clip show.  Then again, they have been able to get us to watch this fake reality show this long, so I suppose I shouldn't have been terribly surprised.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, brgjoe said:

Good to see I didn't miss much.  Really kinda smarmy of Discovery to promote the start of a new season of this series and then deliver basically a glorified clip show.

I got suckered too.  Agree that was a really low class move by Discovery. 

I only DVR'd it, but I came in at the end and saw the "sneak peak" for this season.  There was an interesting scene of Matt being carried out on a stretcher by paramedics, with bloody wrappings on his head.

I believe someone here said that they had read an article where Matt had left some dynamite in his refrigerator, and the door had blown off and hit him in the head, requiring stitches.  Only thing is, they said according to the article, this incident happened at Matt's apartment in Hoonah.  On the preview, Matt was being carried out of the main house in Browntown.  They must have "recreated" the scene, and moved the location.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, rmontro said:

I believe someone here said that they had read an article where Matt had left some dynamite in his refrigerator, and the door had blown off and hit him in the head, requiring stitches.  Only thing is, they said according to the article, this incident happened at Matt's apartment in Hoonah.  On the preview, Matt was being carried out of the main house in Browntown.  They must have "recreated" the scene, and moved the location.

Yep, I was also suckered in ans was also pissed at yet another clip show followed by 35 seconds (or whatever) of teasers with Ami sick and Mat being carried out to an ambulance. Cheesey move of TPTB's part, thank you. As to his being loaded into an amblulance after being carried--or so it seemed--from Browntown; I was thinking that it must have been a helluva ride to get the ambulance there...and yes, there are such things are ambulance boats, which that, clearly, wasn't.

Tacky all around.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, rmontro said:

I got suckered too.  Agree that was a really low class move by Discovery. 

I only DVR'd it, but I came in at the end and saw the "sneak peak" for this season.  There was an interesting scene of Matt being carried out on a stretcher by paramedics, with bloody wrappings on his head.

According to TMZ, DC was not filming at the time of the accident and it happened at Matt's place in Hoonah.  What happened was nothing more than extreme stupidity on Matt's part.  Even a 4-year-old would know not to do what he did.

Can you say, a reenactment of an incident with a lot of liberty taken with the facts of the incident.  Still not sure why I still spend time with this show.  It isn't even a good shits & giggles show anymore.  

Makes me wonder about the truth concerning Ami's health.  I would not wish cancer on anyone but then again, we already know the lengths production will go to alter facts. 

Still trying to figure out how they could get an ambulance to Browntown (or why production would make it seem that it happened at Browntown when news media has already reported the truth).

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

Still trying to figure out how they could get an ambulance to Browntown (or why production would make it seem that it happened at Browntown when news media has already reported the truth).

Ah, but for the longest time there were folks who bought what the Browns were selling hook line and sinker despite evidence to the contrary.

17 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Ah, but for the longest time there were folks who bought what the Browns were selling hook line and sinker despite evidence to the contrary.

Tell me about it.  In the beginning, it was a great shits & giggles show.

It used to be the Discovery Channel was a great channel, now they have way too much fake ass shit.  Cancelled great shows to replace with shit like this and Gold Rush, etc.

I will say this, I did like Rain's new hair cut.

Another thing, did anyone else notice Noah last night?  I almost fell off the couch when I saw him.  How in the hell do you get a red face and chest (sunburn) and still have your neck blinding white?  Seriously .  

Poor Bird and that mouth.  Please, oh please go get your teeth fixed and guys, cut your hair!  Your long hair, tats, piercing and false accents are not attractive on you!

• Love 2

There was also a scene where the producers told Bam about his red cedar being bartered off.  It went something like this:
Bam:  They did what now?  Bartered off my red cedar?  I'd like to know why.

Producer:  They bartered it off to get the wind turbine.

Bam:  I had plans for that cedar.  But they wouldn't have bartered it off if they didn't need to, so I guess it's okay.  I can't wait to barter off someone else's property.

He didn't really seem mad.  Of course he probably knew they weren't going to keep filming at Browntown anyway, so he had likely written that cedar off, if it was even his (which I doubt).  

• Love 3

According to TMZ, DC was not filming at the time of the accident and it happened at Matt's place in Hoonah.

Hold the phone, I just registered this comment...are you trying to tell us that the Brown's don't actually live in Browntown??????????

Well...crikey......is nothing sacred?

• Love 4
(edited)

that reminds me of the lumber barter.

if I am doing my math correctly,  5000 board feet of lumber would make a stack

8 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 6.5 feet tall.      

so when that barter guy   "looked down"  at that small pile of  boards, he knew it was not even close.   remember that awkward moment?    haha

when they were unloading that salvaged windmill generator, some of those parts looked new.   hmmm.

finally they have electricity, cause they can't get by without it.

-------------------------------

oh, yeah.      when you want to move that deer from one side of the yard to the other side of the yard, be sure (bear) to put it on your shoulders and of course get deer blood in that extremely fabulous hair.   

minutes later, there was a brief mention of how important it was to stay clean when living in the bush.

oh, yeah, yeah.        be sure  to do a lot of standing around in the rain talking, without wearing a hat.    

----------------------------------

lots of bears.  bears everywhere.     so let's get a cow.       sure.   

btw, my money was placed on "never seeing that cow again" when it was boat-hauled away.

Edited by clod
  • Love 2

Yup I can see them filming a total reenactment of the accident with Matt. First of all it happened at night and the previews show all the frantic "we need a medic" calls and Matt on a stretcher in what looks to be day light. Secondly, they were not actually filming at the time it happened. Matt did this oscar winning film worthy blowup all on his own and I bet disco was upset and disappointed that it didnt happen on their watch (darn you Matty!).  But I guess technically this whole show is just a bunch of reenactments shown over and over and over again making us want to scream. I think the editing dept are a bunch of cheap editor wannabes that have no clue on how to deliver a "quality" finished product, real or not.  I hate that this show sucks me in and as much as I want to look away I just know at that very moment they will throw in something new and exciting. I will not let them win this game of chicken!  But I guess I shouldn't worry about missing it because they will certainly repeat it at least ten times before the season ends. 

I think Bam is just going through the motions to fulfill the remainder of his contract. He doesn't give a crap about his share of the wood that they "bartered". He got (mostly) free of this disaster of a family by getting married to one of the former producers and is enjoying life away from the clutches of BBB. 

From what I hear Gabe has already mentally checked out of this mess. Rumors has it he has been by his moms side. Not sure if that's his choice or filming choice. 

Noah is engaged and he and his Rhain (Ruth) want the wedding and all its drama filmed. Got to grab all the money they can out of this sinking ship before it goes down. Will Exstreem Bear be the ring bearer,  perhaps rolling down the aisle. Will Rainy Christmas Morning be the flower girl throwing fiddleheads all around. Will Matt be the drunk relative ruining the day. Will Snowbirdy begun her always the bridesmaid, never a bride career.  Do I see spin off series??  Lordy help us!

Surprisingly some die hard fans were pretty upset over the new season premiere.  Disco may have made a big boo boo by not giving their fans what they have been waiting for, a real new season show with actual new footage. Ruh roh.  As dumb as their true fans are I believe disco may be pushing it a little too far. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Dennie said:

I hate that this show sucks me in and as much as I want to look away I just know at that very moment they will throw in something new and exciting. I will not let them win this game of chicken!  But I guess I shouldn't worry about missing it because they will certainly repeat it at least ten times before the season ends. 

And therein lies the beauty of these forums.... Watch the ridiculous show, like the rest of us, then return here to unceremoniously rip it to shreds, point out the obvious mistakes, the total fakeness of certain scenes, the ridiculous set ups and cliffhangers. Make sure to look for the little details that will slip by the unassuming viewer. 

The repeating and repeating scenes in case we missed it, or that another 10,000 viewers have tuned in since they went to commercial. Take out the 'bring us up to speed' clips and the show would be 10 minutes long, haha

And thanks for the like of 'Matt's brain' photo.... 

• Love 1
On 2/25/2017 at 5:30 AM, rmontro said:

I didn't notice that part.  I have noticed that Bird has never expressed any interest in romance whatsoever, that I can remember.  I always kind of thought she might be lesbian - who could blame her with the examples of masculinity that she has around her lol?  But there was that scene where she talked about how she likes animals more than people.  And the girls seem to be more sheltered than the boys.  She may be the most tragic example of the parents keeping them from the outside world.  

On the June 14th show, she mentioned how much she likes to have butter in the bush

(edited)

On Matt's accident - the rumor (dug up between the Inquisitor, TMZ and Facebook so take it for what you will)...........they definitely weren't filming when Matt actually had the accident which as everyone said was supposed to have happened in Hoonah.   But the film crew was in town and it's been claimed that they managed to catch footage after the accident.  So my guess is we'll get a re-enactment of the accident and immediate aftermath all moved to brownietown mixed with actual accident footage of the ambulance ride and at the hospital in town to make it "real".

Also rumored; the Browns are no longer allowed to have weapons or explosives of any sort in brownietown - not taken away by the state but, from the rumor, disallowed by the insurance company (can you blame them?).  So at some point, possibly before filming if Matt's accident was the trigger (pun not intended), the insurance company decided they were too much of a risk and any guns you see are supposedly filled with blanks or unloaded.  

Again all rumors and the sources might be a little sketchy but honestly the way this family lies about their rough off the grid life I wouldn't be at all surprised if most or all of this was true.

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/17/2017 at 11:01 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

Also rumored; the Browns are no longer allowed to have weapons or  explosives of any sort in brownietown - not taken away by the state but, from the rumor, disallowed by the insurance company (can you blame them?).  So at some point, possibly before filming if Matt's accident was the trigger (pun not intended), the insurance company decided they were too much of a risk and any guns you see are supposedly filled with blanks or unloaded.  

But... but... they'll STARVE if they can't hunt!

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

But... but... they'll STARVE if they can hunt!

Don't worry.  They all have iPhones, so they can use an app to order pizza.  And there's an awesome place for fish and chips nearby if they don't mind traveling into town.

• Love 1

No guns ??? No explosives ??? What kind of fun is that ??? 

What's next ?  No wolf howling ? No rolling around in the dirt like a mindless baboon ?  No more 'Billy Brown Gospel' on how to survive in the wild ?

I am sure these chumps will think of an angle to keep us mesmerized in front of our TVs...

• Love 1

The problem for me is that, while the snark here is still a giggle. the show itself has worn out it's welcome through mindless repetition of idiocy and stupidity mixed with an increasingly thin plot which never held water anyway. They don't live and survive in the bush anymore than I do. Their survival skills are somewhere below those of a Girl Scout Brownie (no offense to the scouting movement) and I've tired of the lying liar's lies.

I think I'm just over the endlessly repeated schick;

'ohmygod--we have no food and winter is coming and we're not ready--we could all die!!!' ' Gaby--quick, haul this crap somewhere because you're the only one strong enough to do it and we could die!!!' 'THE BOAT IS TAKING ON WATER BECAUSE I STEERED IT INTO A MONSOON AND WE COULD ALL DIE!!!, 'Grandbabies???' 'Noah, figure out how to build us a nuclear reactor out of used tired and chicken wire so we don't die!!!' ' Ami, girls--quick use Mr Cupcake's fur to insulate the house before we all die!!!' 'This is the hardest hauling job ever and ,if we screw it up our business will never recover and we could all die!!!' "(fill in the blank) is sick/hurt/missing!!! Quick, call production for help before they die!!!!'!...wash, rinse, repeat...

This has gotten old though the limited acting skills and resources of the cast and the recycled plots added to the increasing BS quotient.

But the snark---always good.

• Love 12

Yeah. I couldn't believe they were still trying to sell us that the Browns are ignerent on modern contraptions. That whole thing with the girls and a gas fireplace was ridiculous.

• Love 1
On 6/16/2017 at 4:16 PM, Dennie said:

Surprisingly some die hard fans were pretty upset over the new season premiere.  Disco may have made a big boo boo by not giving their fans what they have been waiting for, a real new season show with actual new footage. Ruh roh.  As dumb as their true fans are I believe disco may be pushing it a little too far. 

Die hard fans or not, that was a pretty despicable thing for Discovery to do, serving up a clip show as season premiere new episode.  I don't mind the fake stuff - you expect that from this sort of reality show.   But trying to trick viewers into watching is a bit much.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

serving up a clip show as season premiere new episode.

Yeah, not being very nice to the viewers... But on the other hand, if you look at it from the networks point of view, any new material in the show will seem to automatically classify it as a 'new' show... 

So 1 hour and 40 minutes of rehashing and 10 minutes of 'new' interviews and 'unseen' footage theoretically makes it a new show.... Pretty flimsy though, they (the producers) know what we want, and then throw us a half gnawed-on bone and expect us to be quiet and silently wait for the 'real' new stuff....  Well, they seem to be mistaken...

On 6/17/2017 at 9:01 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

Also rumored; the Browns are no longer allowed to have weapons or explosives of any sort in brownietown - not taken away by the state but, from the rumor, disallowed by the insurance company (can you blame them?).  

So no more awesome extreme explosions?  Damn.  I'm so disappointed.  Not.

I watched a show called Building Alaska and they showed a group of guys building a cabin on Chichagof Island from start to finish.  As you can imagine, it was nothing like the Browns building their house.  The amount of planning, scheduling, supplies, skills and BRAINS required was impressive.  I knew the Browns didn't build their house but now I don't even believe they hammered more than a few nails for the cameras then stepped aside while TPTB had the cabin built.  Believe it or not there is one thing true, there are a lot of bears on the island.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

Believe it or not there is one thing true, there are a lot of bears on the island.

And my guess is that the real inhabitants have ways to deal with them so their homesteads are relatively safe. I mean beyond some of Noah's jury rigged BS.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

.  Believe it or not there is one thing true, there are a lot of bears on the island.

And SMART! why, thone island bears figured out how to break in even after the Browns' ingenious plan to take a chainsaw to the front steps.?

OT but about an hour ago I was driving home after some errands and an Eastern Black Bear ran across the road ahead of me--looked like maybe a teenager and a real beauty--glossy black and obviously healthy. My first bear sighting of the year! Actually, they're basically harmless if you leave them alone, at least this variety.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Beden said:

OT but about an hour ago I was driving home after some errands and an Eastern Black Bear ran across the road ahead of me

I saw a squirrel a couple days ago.....haha  ?

(click on the squirrel for a Wiki description of a squirrel)

• Love 1

People has an article that has me wondering - are they owned by the same company as Disco?  Because they're reporting both Ami's issues and Matt's accident as real life, in the bush, caught as it happens danger.

They even, with no irony at all included the below quote in the article (bolding mine); "aformentioned events" refers to Ami's health and Matt's accident when it's common knowledge that Matt's accident most definitely was not in real time or even at Browntown.  

""The show reveals that season 7, which premieres Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET on Discovery, will continue to document the aforementioned events as they “continue to play out in real time.”""

http://people.com/tv/alaskan-bush-people-ami-brown-matt-brown-health-crises-exclusive/

Either People needs the extra articles or somebody is getting paid big bucks to try and convince folks that this show is all real all the time.