Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I definitely think the writers were pure idiots to set up that awful backstory, but I also think casting was a huge failure. Either don't cast her or don't cast him. KC has no coordination, so if the plan was for her to become BC, I'd say don't cast her. 

• Love 8

Tom M? Do you mean Tom Amandes? What would he be visiting, i.e., NOT Arrow, for?

If he's on in the final eps I'm hardcore going with him kidnapping Felicity at the end of the season.

Again I hope to god not ill rage like with Walking Dead Finale

(edited)

Very true. The only reason they went down that road in the first place - Dinah Laurel Lance -- was Because Comics. Otherwise, they could have just made up a whole new romantic interest from the very beginning.. They were the ones that chose the Because Comics path to start with. If they hadn't screwed up the writing in the first place, we'd be watching a show where GA is romantically involved with BC. Killing her off now is not about MG's original interpretation. It's about the giant screw up the writers made back in Season 1 with Oliver sleeping with her sister. It's about their FAILURE, not their creativity. Now it's just easier for them to write her off nstead of trying to write their way out of the mess they created. Which they could do by keeping her as a good friend and colleague to GA. She doesn't have to be a romantic interest to work on the show. The fact that she is ADA by day vigilante by night makes her a perfect fit for a show about crime and vigilantism and superheroes. These are lousy writers and showrunners.

I disagree. From everything I've seen about Laurel, nothing short of Dinah Laurel Lance, world-class fighter Black Canary, founder of the Birds of Prey and GF/wife of Green Arrow would have been satisfactory. In seasons 1-2, all the discussion was about when she was going to be BC and get together with Oliver. In seasons 3-4, when she's finally BC, all the discussion was about when she was going to establish her own team/the BoP and get together with Oliver. They're killing her off because they're finally admitting what people have said all along-- the show is not big enough for both characters to grow as they should and they're shortchanging them both by keeping BC on the show. When you have to write off the title character for 3 episodes to allow another to put on a mask, something is not working right.

Anyway. This is me giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're doing this for story purposes and not BTS drama, which could be just as plausible.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 15

First off, I just came off of two hours of watching Outlander and everything I'm reading is being said in my head in a Scottish accent. Kind of trippy.

Eh..While getting rid of the because comics argument has its perks..we're never going to get rid of the pandering!!! one. That's not something I'm looking forward to - especially when it's not just fans, but critics as well.

Those are not critics that merit my time or consideration. 

Now it's just easier for them to write her off  instead of trying to write their way out of the mess they created.  Which they could do by keeping her as a good friend and colleague to GA.  She doesn't have to be a romantic interest to work on the show. The fact that she is ADA by day vigilante by night makes her a perfect fit for a show about crime and vigilantism and superheroes. These are lousy writers and showrunners

I think that they've reached a point where they could easily have left her as friend and colleague and occasional lawyer so I don't really think this is about fixing their mistake anymore.  To their minds, they've done it.  I am of the belief that they decided they wanted to kill someone off in a mask to raise the stakes and they haven't any plans to focus further on Laurel so she was the easiest to remove from the show.  Not because she currently was a problem, but because this is GA's show and nothing more she does would service HIS story, not beyond background support. 

• Love 8

I also wonder if the idea that Thea and Quentin are more useful in future storylines than Laurel since they don't seem to care about her legal abilities any more.

As a number of people have  said, it's hard to fit the Black Canary into the Arrow show.  Sara might have fit if she were a recurring character but a full time Black Canary is a problem.

• Love 4

I'm telling myself not to get too excited. I did for the 407 party and that was a dud.

Where is that is what I want to know. There's something reminiscent of the Queen manor (the fireplace and the wood paneling?), but I can't be anywhere near to sure.

• Love 4

I'm telling myself not to get too excited. I did for the 407 party and that was a dud.

Where is that is what I want to know. There's something reminiscent of the Queen manor (the fireplace and the wood paneling?), but I can't be anywhere near to sure.

It's too late, I'm excited. He's wearing suspenders and she's wearing pink. Is it time for that dance now? IS IT?!?!?

*It's late and I've obviously officially lost it lol

• Love 14

I'm not a fan of pink, but Emily pulls it off.  They are a good looking pair.

I'm curious as to what the social media response of Katie Cassidy's co-stars/DCTV actors will be to the death.  When Colton left there were a lot of sweet messages/photos, and I assume that Amell will do the politic thing and write something charming or post a picture, but I'm really curious as to the rest.

• Love 3

Dudes, we've got more than a page worth of fan talk on the last 2 boards and it's not OK.  

I'm going to have limited computer access over the next week or so, so I'm not going to be able to edit fan talk out of posts.  Before you do the Dance of Joy, what that means for you guys is that I'm going to just hide posts in their entirety if they cross the line.  So people will not get to read the rest of the wonderful words you write.  No one wants that. 

Help a sister out and don't report on your dealings with other shippers or speculate on how other fans are going to react to the big death. And after tomorrow's episode, don't come back and report how others are responding or all the "wrong" opinions they are expressing.  

• Love 6
(edited)

They look so pretty in that pic!!

In the whole BC debacle I'd blame the CW a lot because not doing a chemistry test between the two leads of the show was insane and the result was they created the dullest couple ever seen on TV and there are many things good writing can fix but it can't create chemistry where there's none. As long as BC was played by KC and GA by SA they were never going to be the couple they were supposed to be.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 20

Maybe it's the town hall? I really have no idea. But Felicity's dress should say something about her state of mind at this junction.

I can't imagine any place else, I think my theory that Oliver still ends up as mayor once Ruve is uncovered is true.

• Love 3

Well DD does love to bust up a good party, maybe it's a trap.

It just occurred to me that if MM is the big bad they fight in the end, it could be another LOA v Arrow & Co. That's super boring.

(edited)

looking at that picture again.  it kind of looks like like a fancy office. I wonder if they're really doing a situation where Oliver becomes mayor because plot?

8-Ball says yes?

I figure if the narrative gives Oliver the Mayor office and Felicity back by 422, then 423 most definitely ends in cliffhanger of doom. Spec scenarios:

- Calculator kidnaps Felicity for plot

- Calculator blackmails Felicity into leaving for plot

- Calculator is actually the boss of HIVE and everyone else were pawns in his endgame, and then he either kidnaps or blackmails Felicity

- Ditto, but the cliffhanger makes the audience think Felicity was evil all along mwahahahaha

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 5
Waited so long for this! How many hats are being eaten today?

When season four started, I thought there was no way that it would ever be Laurel in the grave (not because she was BC, but because someone somewhere seemed to inexplicably love KC).  But I will note that I never promised to eat my hat!  Nobody has to eat a hat for me...I understand where y'all were coming from :)

I won't be home tonight (this saddens me greatly, but I have rehearsals every Wed. night), but I'll try to check the forum on my phone at break-time.  Keep me updated, people!  I want to know how Laurel dies before I watch the episode.

• Love 4

But hey, what are the chances of them attaching a ~very special 1 minute promo "Don't miss the aftermath! Only FIVE episodes left until THE END! when Arrow returns April 27" with a whole lot of distracting footage?

Have I gone delusional? Maybe it's low blood pressure? I should eat something.