Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

While Laurel is a pretty sure thing, I like how the killer could be several different characters: Malcolm, Dahrk, Andy, and a couple of wild cards, Anarky or Felicity's Dad. Money's on the first three because it looks like she might be killed when they are breaking Dahrk out of prison, but still fun to guess.

• Love 2

IF, and this is a big IF, Laurel is not in the grave next week. I will bow down to the show, the cast everyone who engineered this incredible misdirection, from pap photos, to social media postings.  I will also stop watching if it's Diggle, and/or Felicity leaves. Not out of protest, but simply because the characters I like the most won't be there, without Felicity there is no Donna and without Donna there is no SmoaknLance.  

• Love 5

I'm amazed at how many people are viewing Arrow like it's their first TV show.

Even if I wasn't aware of the spoilers, I would look at the promo and this past episode and notice a look of signs pointing to Laurel. It's TV show telegraphed. But It's not even raising an eyebrow with a lot of folks. The conversation after every episode is about whoever was highlighted in that episode. Last episode it was clearly Lance and after that promo it is clearly Diggle or clearly Thea.

But with Laurel it's all comic book canon. smh

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5

Is there a specific planned reaction in the works? Or will it just be #crickets? I might get on Twitter just for this. :)

Good question.  Anyone here follow the heavy hitters of Arrow fandom on Twitter? 

I personally was thinking that there would be a some shock along with a hefty dose of wailing, gnashing of teeth and general hysterics but maybe that's already happened. 

I don't think there's an "organized" reaction planned, like a trend or anything. I have seen #ByeByeBirdie kinda tossed around, but as a joke. I might do that, though. Tweet that. No Arrow hashtags, just that :)

I really hope no one trends anything negative for Laurel's exit. That isn't a good look for anyone.

Besides I think it would be more of a statement if 'Laurel' doesn't trend at all.

^^^This. Organizing a celebratory trending party would be petty as hell. Dislike the character all you want but don't make it worse by riling up what fans she does have.

• Love 3

That trailer really makes it look like it's one of the siblings, either Thea or Diggle, who gets killed.  I care so little for Andy and his plot, I actually prefer the Poppy flashbacks.

It sounded to me like the voice saying Time of Death was Venus Terzo who I remember from Da Vinci's Inquest but who also played Thea's doctor in 4x12 Unchained.

Swords are definitely a good look on Thea. CUT HIM. CUT HIM GOOD. LMAO. Also, has she had a haircut?

I really hope no one trends anything negative for Laurel's exit. That isn't a good look for anyone.

Besides I think it would be more of a statement if 'Laurel' doesn't trend at all.

That won't happen. I've never seen anyone say they're gonna trend anything negative. That would make them as bad as the 'fans' who changed MG's birthday to 9/11 just because they weren't getting their own way. Most of the time people tweet positivity and even take something meant as hate and turn it into something positive. Like the 'Felicity and Friends' thing. A lot of Felicity fans are spinning it in a fun way. So no, I really don't think there's gonna be a negative trend at all.

Edited by Guest

In that picture of Damien, to the right it looks like the magical voodoo totem thing is back. (What the hell do they call that thing? LOL) I thought Vixen destroyed it. Or is it the one from the flashbacks? 

Edited by Guest

I didn't even notice the ugly totem thing. Well I guess they are connecting the FBs to the present somehow, but no idea how since I have no idea what's happening. I watched the episode twice and still can't remember a thing. Or the name of the people who are on the island with Oliver and Poppy. Oh well.

I think Laurel might trend for the first time, LOL

• Love 1

If the person who's dying next week is being given a time of death in a hospital, then that person must've been wearing civilian clothes when injured. Otherwise, their secret identity would be revealed. I doubt they would take the time to change the person's clothes if they're rushing to the hospital.

That would mean the person is either a non-masked character or a masked character who was not in costume at the time.  For example, assuming Laurel is the big death - if she was the BC when critically injured, then she would've been rushed to the hospital while wearing the BC suit.  And the others probably couldn't have taken the time to change their superhero suits as well. That would mean everyone would know that Laurel was the BC, and most likely everyone else's secret identities would be exposed as well.  Therefore, in order to keep the superhero identities secret, the dying person would have to be wearing regular clothes when injured. That would support maybe something happening like a ticking time bomb in a public place, targeted at one or both of the Lances.  Or, if we go solely by those promo pics, it happens in the Arrowcave while Laurel is in civilian clothes.  Again, assuming the big death is Laurel, and not Quentin, Diggle or someone else.

On a superficial note, it does look like SA has trimmed down some (not that he was ever overweight, just bulkier).  Maybe he only super bulked up for his SummerSlam match with Stardust?

ETA: After seeing the gravestone screenshot posted below, it looks like injured Laurel will be taken to the hospital while in her BC costume, thus exposing her secret identity to the world.  If that is the case, I assume the circumstances are such that everyone else's secret identities are still protected.

Edited by tv echo

They really need to up the security measures for getting into the lair.
Does Malcolm have a new hand in one of the photos? and maybe has some league followers (behind LL)?

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 1

I would like Andy or Malcolm being the killer, to prove that blood relation isnt everything and they shouldnt get a free pass just because of it.

I totally agree, EXCEPT that this has already been proven specifically with Malcolm. A LOT. I mean hey, let's say they don't care much about random city residents Malcolm murdered. Not very heroic of them not to give a crap about strangers' lives, but for the sake of argument. The problem is that Malcolm has ALREADY murdered people closer to Oliver than Laurel is, and Oliver didn't do anything. He effectively murdered Oliver's father, best friend, and a different ex-girlfriend. (Again, not to mention well over 500+ other people.) So why would Laurel be the last straw?

I think MM is going to be S5's big bad, unfortunately. I would really, really, really love to be wrong and for them to kill him this season, but I really don't think they will.

• Love 4

Source, please?

That's... honestly the first thing we've had in a while that makes me doubt about it?

The Black Canary? On her headstone(not grave, haha)? I don't know...

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3

Source, please?

That's... honestly the first thing we've had in a while that makes me doubt about it?

The Black Canary? On her grave? I don't know...

Telling everybody who she is in life and in death, bless! Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

Telling everybody who she is in life and in death, bless!

Hahaha, true.

Thanks for the source, @wonderwall. I checked; I seem to understand Sara will be visiting the grave based on those tweets. I'm not clear whether that'll be on Arrow or Legends, though.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

Source, please?

The Black Canary? On her grave? I don't know...

I'm having the same reaction. It effing weird. Like, if you want to acknowledge that part of her life, put Pretty Bird on there. This just endangers everyone around her.
  • Love 3

I bet this is when Sara finally comes to visit the grave.

I'm not certain of CLs 'devastating' scenes... But I hope she knocks it out of the park. This could lead to an awesome SL for Sara. If she finds out about Laurel after ONE month, then I can see Sara questioning what she's doing and how she wasn't there for her family when they needed her etc. I can see her questioning staying with the crew, only to have Quentin tell her to honor Laurel etc.

I'm having the same reaction. It effing weird. Like, if you want to acknowledge that part of her life, put Pretty Bird on there. This just endangers everyone around her.

It makes sense to me. I can see Laurel getting hurt as BC, and she's in such bad shape that the team have no choice but to take her to the hospital without changing her because there's no time. So obviously her cover will be blown.

• Love 2

I wonder if everyone who hung out with LL will now be suspected as being part of Team Arrow, if her cover is blown.  Will Oliver be back to being prime suspect for Green Arrow again?

Maybe. Although I don't think it would matter that much this time around, since the murdering Arrow is dead (Roy), and this new dude is allegedly murder free and a beacon of hope for his city! I think we'd have to worry if the citizens of Star City could put 2+2 together, since the original Arrow showed up at the same time the Green Arrow, Oliver Queen, returned to town. But they're all idiots, so I think we're okay. 

• Love 12

Well at least I know for sure to spread my wings and fly after this season. Though putting Black Canary on there is lame imo. Put something sentimental like "she saved the world, alot" like Buffy. And is this the only way they know of "killing" their heroes, by outing them?

• Love 2

Well no one suspected the Green Arrow might be the Arrow with a new costume because they believed a guy half his size was him, LOL

Could it be that the name gets added years later when all their identities aren't a secret anymore since Sara visits the grave in LoT?

• Love 8

I wonder if everyone who hung out with LL will now be suspected as being part of Team Arrow, if her cover is blown.  Will Oliver be back to being prime suspect for Green Arrow again?

Did Laurel socialize that much in public with the rest of Team Arrow? Maybe it's not an accident that she wasn't at Oliver's holiday party or the engagement party. She was at the police fundraiser, but that could have been in an official capacity as an ADA

• Love 1

I would have loved if they put "Pretty Bird" on there. LOL

Well no one suspected the Green Arrow might be the Arrow with a new costume because they believed a guy half his size was him, LOL

Could it be that the name gets added years later when all their identities aren't a secret anymore since Sara visits the grave in LoT?

I approve of this. Since it was filmed for LOT, I imagine that people who don't believe Laurel is dying will Sara is visiting Laurel's grave in the far far future.

• Love 4

I think in that one episode where Alex said that it would be best if he distanced himself from LL in public, he refused and hugged Laurel at the campaign office, maybe?  She's been at some of his campaign things like the beach cleanup, and I think she might be with him and Thea in 4.18 at some campaign thing.

• Love 1

Does Arrow just not GAF any more about who is in that damn grave. Not sure what they could have done to stop the paparazzi but seriously this clear of a picture of a tombstone with one of the main cast of Arrow on it? Oh well I guess it will all be over with next week any how but really they need some stricter browsing area rules if a photographer was allowed to get this close to a prop, just saying!

*I'm sure some will say since it's the LoT and their future is not set in stone the picture doesn't prove anything. Still when they visited Oliver in the future and he said they were all gone no symbolism was provided to actually drive that point home like this headstone is. Let the horrible tweets to Marc, Wendy, Emily and the rest of the cast who they be pissed at commence! 

• Love 1

I can't see why they would put The Black Canary on her gravestone unless the whole team is outed before she dies or someone wants the world to believe The Black Canary is dead.  Or it's a different timeline.   

If Laurel really does die, then maybe it's just a mysterious tribute to her sister?

In fact this makes me think even more that Laurel is not truly going to die. I think she might leave the show but her death will be fake. I just don't believe Arrow is going to let that leak.  Unless it's a foiler.

This is nuts. LOL 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1