Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

HA! So I guess Curtis is heading for Oliver and company? I'm gonna love it if he knew all along Oliver was always the GA.

Oh shucks I was hoping he knew the whole time.  HOLY FRAK!! He's a BSG nerd like me! YAY

• Love 3

Holy hell, I don't think I can take Katie Cassidy and Emily Kenney "acting" in the same episode. Show, PLEASE do not put them in a scene together. I'll have to drink a whole bottle of bourbon.

• Love 7

How can the bee replicate itself?  What is it using for material?

I like the honeycomb pattern on Brie's shirt.

I'm actually liking Laurel in this one.  That was a sweet 'proud of self' smile after killing the bees in Oliver.

Flashbacks are better but still not worth it.

Oliver's zippy coaty thing is different. Quite different. It's shiny, and the segmented armor things are gone.

Maybe that was his undershirt?

Look at all the O/L beats. Fun.

Edited by AyChihuahua

That conversation Laurel had with Oliver at the 30 minute mark... That spelled out CLOSURE for me lol. Sad, because she was actually the voice of reason there.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Oh Laurel, if she just hadn't touched his face....I would not hate that entire conversation. 

Why? Why would she touch him on the face? That's just...what?

They're throwing one last bone to the Loliver shippers. I wonder if that was in the script or if KC added it herself. probably the former.

• Love 3

I think they're letting Laurel be so supportive because Lauriver is over.  How ironic that the only person on the team to support Felicity is Laurel.

Thea has yet to say anything positive to Felicity.  Boo on her.

• Love 1

If I didn't already know Laurel was gonna kick it next week, this episode would make me sure. This is a nice sendoff, making her useful, thoughtful, AND insightful all at the same time for the first time ever.

• Love 13
(edited)

Was that KC or Willa that said the 11:59?

If I didn't already know Laurel was gonna kick it next week, this episode would make me sure. This is a nice sendoff, making her useful, thoughtful, AND insightful all at the same time for the first time ever.

Was it that obvious or is it just because I know? It seemed beyond belief obvious that they were setting the character up for death but, i wondered if unspoiled people would see it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Was that KC or Willa that said the 11:59?

It sounds like KC to me. 

That promo though. So much to digest. Diggle points a gun at Oliver?!

"I know exactly what that kevlar won't protect." 

EXCUSE ME, MR. DIGGLE. WE NEED TO HAVE WORDS. 

• Love 5

Isn't that how it always is, the character marked for death has really good emotional beats with the rest of the characters, then they die.

Or maybe since KC knew she was leaving so she stopped trying so hard and everything looked more natural.

• Love 3

My guess is that the "Time of death?" question and Laurel answering is getting taken out of context. The show gets a lot of things wrong, but to have a non-medical person call the time of death seems to be stretching it, even for Arrow.

• Love 2

When did they become doctors? Why would any regular person say the time of death.

Of course it would be hilarious if they purposely had Laurel say a time so they could use it in the promo.

Probably cause it sounds like Laurel announcing the time of Death and a lot of thinking they won't kill Laurel. Plus they are people who post in episode thread that aren't spoiled Correct?

Edited by jay741982

My guess is that Laurel saying 11:59 is suppose to make her "safe" but if someone really died - that would be a doctor or nurse for sure, not Laurel.  But they splice things together all the time - it could have been she said 11:59 at some other point in the episode and they used it to answer "time of death."

I don't see how it isn't Laurel who is dead - no one else makes sense.   And the EP's have done nothing to make the Internet believe it could be anyone but Laurel which as I've said before - would lead to seriously bad backlash on the character/actress.  So yea, someone from editing is trying to create one last stir up I think, but even that is cruel to get the Laurel fans convinced it isn't her like that.

Probably cause it sounds like Laurel announcing the time of Death and a lot of thinking they won't kill Laurel. Plus they are people who post in episode thread that aren't spoiled Correct?

No just a Paul death at a later time.

I mean when you consider that Curtis will likely become Mr. Terrific and MG has this belief about all heroes going through crucibles and Curtis flat out said, he'd rather be with Paul than playing superhero.... well, it just seemed like a blinking neon sign saying Paul is going to die. Paul is going to die. Paul is going to die.

• Love 3
(edited)

People in the episode thread are talking about Paul dying. Are we thinking two deaths in the next episode then? Or Laurel next week and Paul later?

I think Paul will die in the season finale or right before it.

It has nothing to do with THE death, just that the line from Curtis about where he belongs (with Paul and not being a hero) followed by the "terrific" just seemed a bit heavy handed that Paul was going to die on S4 to setup Curtis becoming Mr. Terrific

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

My guess is that Laurel saying 11:59 is suppose to make her "safe" but if someone really died - that would be a doctor or nurse for sure, not Laurel.  But they splice things together all the time - it could have been she said 11:59 at some other point in the episode and they used it to answer "time of death."

I don't see how it isn't Laurel who is dead - no one else makes sense.   And the EP's have done nothing to make the Internet believe it could be anyone but Laurel which as I've said before - would lead to seriously bad backlash on the character/actress.  So yea, someone from editing is trying to create one last stir up I think, but even that is cruel to get the Laurel fans convinced it isn't her like that.

No just a Paul death at a later time.

I mean when you consider that Curtis will likely become Mr. Terrific and MG has this belief about all heroes going through crucibles and Curtis flat out said, he'd rather be with Paul than playing superhero.... well, it just seemed like a blinking neon sign saying Paul is going to die. Paul is going to die. Paul is going to die.

LOL I thought people were talking about PB who plays Quentin that they thought Quentin. I had a dumb moment and forgot Curtis man is named Paul.

They're definitely laying the groundwork for Curtis becoming Mr Terrific but I don't know if it will be this season. But it did seem to mark Paul for death. No! I like Paul. Poor Paul.

• Love 3

I hope Paul doesn't die. Maybe it was just knowing that Curtis and Felicity are going to have a heart-to-heart, but I saw that last scene more as the beginning of Curtis keeping secrets about the superhero-ing and putting a strain on the relationship.

• Love 3

I don't know what kind of heart-to-heart Curtis and Felicity could have though, because she's pretty down about the vigilante life. I thought maybe she'd encourage him to go after it, but that wouldn't really make sense. Then again, this show doesn't make sense a lot of the time, so IDK.

I find myself hoping that Echo Kellum's other shows take off because while I like Curtis, I like him as I like salt -- a little makes things better but too much spoils the dish.

I hope his conversation with Felicity next episode is about keeping secrets in the vigilante life from the people you love.  I think Felicity would still talk up the vigilante life even though she's walked away from it at the moment.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

I don't know what kind of heart-to-heart Curtis and Felicity could have though, because she's pretty down about the vigilante life. I thought maybe she'd encourage him to go after it, but that wouldn't really make sense. Then again, this show doesn't make sense a lot of the time, so IDK.

I was thinking he would maybe feel conflicted between wanting to be honest with Paul, but also now wanting to be a part of Team Arrow. I agree that with where Felicity is right now it doesn't make much sense for her to be supportive or helpful, though. Maybe it gets flipped around and ends up being about Felicity not helping the team.

Personally, I wouldn't buy Felicity encouraging Curtis at this point. Perhaps the ep could change my mind (if that's what their talk is about), but Felicity's point to Oliver was that there would always come a time when he'd have to hide something from her - "that's this life" she said. So, I think she's pretty down about it, and would especially be down about it if the conversation went to Paul, since Curtis would be consistently lying to him in order to join their mission. It'd be kind of hypocritical of her, so I hope the show stays away from that.

Curtis knew about the implosion of Oliver and Felicity's relationship. Maybe he doesn't want to risk his for a thrill. 

I'm very thankful they put all those Oliver and Laurel scenes in 4x17 because I thought they would put a bunch in 4x18 and I was braced for it. It's like they set a bone on 2 instead of 3. 

• Love 2

Curtis knew about the implosion of Oliver and Felicity's relationship. Maybe he doesn't want to risk his for a thrill. 

I'm very thankful they put all those Oliver and Laurel scenes in 4x17 because I thought they would put a bunch in 4x18 and I was braced for it. It's like they set a bone on 2 instead of 3. 

That moment with his husband makes me worried for what it will take for Curtis to become Mr. Terrific. I felt some foreshadowing there.

For the first time ever, I liked Laurel throughout an ENTIRE episode.... huh.......... lmao I think that's hilarious

Funny enough, apart from her hypocrisy revolving her sister and Anarchy, I think she's been a good character this season, especially when she's not in your face. (I know I'm in the minority on this lol)

• Love 2

The "end of an era" tagline for the promo-- are they trying to make it look like it's Diggle in the grave? He's certainly been on the team for longer than Laurel.

That's what it felt like to me. 

• Love 1