Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Caity tweeted that she's playing a version of Sara she never thought she'd play again. Again still don't know why Sara wouldn't show up if someone in her family just died. That makes complete sense to me. It could just be a small part like when Barry showed up at the grave. 

I know, but I'm talking about her specifically saying "I'm going to be coming back on Arrow." I don't know if she said that at today's con (and I missed someone tweeting the quote), or if it's an assumption people are making because she said that we'd see her and Nyssa together again. I think her talking about playing a version of Sara she never thought she'd play again is her going back to the League over on LoT.

We never really saw her play League Sara though. She can't be playing a version of Sara again that we never saw her play in the first place. 

Is this a subtle hint that Laurel's in the grave. Lol. 

Felicity's Arrow ‏@Felicitys_Arrow  9m9 minutes ago

Caity and Willa would love to do a Birds of Prey show... #HVFF #HVFFChicago

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

We never really saw her play League Sara though. She can't be playing a version of Sara again that we never saw her play in the first place. 

Eh, good point. I don't care about Sara or whatever version of anyone Caity's playing. As long as she's not coming back to Arrow full time, she can be whatever version she wants to be on whatever show she's on, haha.

• Love 8

Sara left the League by that point. So I wouldn't consider that League Sara,. 

Caity just helped Jbuffyangels theory. 

Felicity's Arrow ‏@Felicitys_Arrow  2m2 minutes ago

Caity said Laurels heart belongs with Sara not oliver
7 retweets 4 likes
Reply   Retweet  7  
Like 4 
More

• Love 1

I am not sure CL not being at the grave means she doesn’t come back for the funeral.  I can see them coming up with some weird reason she has to stay out of sight given her new role time traveling so she only has a scene with Dad and Nyssa in private.

Both, I think. 

oh, ok. I'm mostly curious about this:

Caity said Laurels heart belongs with Sara not oliver

it seems weird for Caity to answer that. Unless she said it jokingly?

it seems weird for Caity to answer that. Unless she said it jokingly?

Someone apparently asked Katie about Oliver and Laurel getting back together, and said something negative about Felicity (not sure what it was). Caity gave that answer to the guy - not sure how she said it.

Caity tweeted her "version of Sara" tweet on Feb 5th when they were shooting LOT episode 12 and soon to shoot episode 13 and Arrow was shooting 17. But Caity's tweet was a couple of days after Stephen tweeted he couldn't fall back to sleep after reading Arrow script

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/694908072548896768

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/695746962243452928

I know, but I'm talking about her specifically saying "I'm going to be coming back on Arrow." I don't know if she said that at today's con (and I missed someone tweeting the quote), or if it's an assumption people are making because she said that we'd see her and Nyssa together again. I think her talking about playing a version of Sara she never thought she'd play again is her going back to the League over on LoT.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

I think some of these tweets may open to interpretation about what happened at the panel.  LOL. A different take on it below. I guess unless someone has a video, we won't really know.

Part 1: nobody shaded Felicity... Katrina goes "me and Oliver are still married" &he goes "well Oliver and Felicity were together"

val ‏@olicityalways_  20m20 minutes ago

CAITY didn't say that Laurel's heart belonged to Sara! She was talking about Nyssa cause Katrina was like "me and Oliver are still married"
19 retweets 14 likes

• Love 1

I think the most likely answer is that Caity was brought back to do a Lance family flashback.  A pre-island Sara probably IS a version Caity didn't think she'd play again and there haven't been any spoilers on the flashbacks - have there?

Regarding seeing Sara and Nyssa together again, I would guess that references something to do with LoT since I expect the show to not only go to Rip's time but also 2016.  I would still be surprised if Sara doesn't visit the Lance (Laurel probably) grave and have a cameo on Arrow at some point.  Not saying she fights HIVE - I can only assume the Flashbacks are going to have something to do with that (not that I'm paying attention but they have to tie in sooner or later, right?) - but I do think we'll see her at the grave before she decides to go off with Rip for season two of LoT. :) 

• Love 2

Caity never outright said at the panel that she was coming back to Arrow. I believe she said she hoped she would, but it was in a tone that at least implied to me that she would be coming back.

SA was asked who was in the grave, and obviously didn't answer the question. He did say that he had read a lot of convoluted theories that he thought we cop outs and added that if you're going to build to something all season, you have to make it count.

Caity never outright said at the panel that she was coming back to Arrow. I believe she said she hoped she would, but it was in a tone that at least implied to me that she would be coming back.

SA was asked who was in the grave, and obviously didn't answer the question. He did say that he had read a lot of convoluted theories that he thought we cop outs and added that if you're going to build to something all season, you have to make it count.

Did he actually say he didn't know who is in the grave like Katie did or did he just talk around the question?

IMO, the cop-out theories were thinking Donna or Roy were in the grave. They just wouldn't build a whole season around that. 

Also, I'm not surprised Sara might come back to Arrow, for an episode or two. I always expected her to actually. Surely the death would/should have repercussions for her character on LoT so she needs to learn about it at some point. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

Laura ‏@lschin12 16m16 minutes ago

David Ramsey is the best. He said everyone knows Olicity will get back together and that Digg will talk sense into Oliver like always. #HVFF

He also said Diggle will be instrumental in helping Olicity. And there will be more Delicity coming up. #HVFF

• Love 5

So according to what I'm seeing on my twitter timeline we're going to get..

- Olicity angst but they'll resolve things
- Thea/Felicity

- Thea/Donna
- Delicity
- Death of a bird
- A more finalized Oliver

- Felicity's nemesis

SIGN ME UP. 

• Love 16

They could easily have Sara 'return' for Laurel's funeral and film it completely separately - have her poke her head out from behind a tree, or from the back with a bunch of anonymous mourners in the row in front of her.  I don't think her absence definitively means she's not at the funeral - scheduling conflicts might have had it film earlier or later.   It'd be a shame for her not to be, to be honest.

^ Girl, fuggedabouit. That particular "spec" above is based on no actual spoilers. It should actually be moved to the Hopes & Fears thread, noh? :)

I would still be surprised if Sara doesn't visit the Lance (Laurel probably) grave and have a cameo on Arrow at some point.  Not saying she fights HIVE - I can only assume the Flashbacks are going to have something to do with that (not that I'm paying attention but they have to tie in sooner or later, right?) - but I do think we'll see her at the grave before she decides to go off with Rip for season two of LoT. :) 

I would actually like Sara to visit whichever Lance's (Laurel's) grave it is, so she can be given some time for her goodbyes. I think that would make for a nice moment for her. Then, Sara can pour one out on the grave, too, just like what happened to her grave in S3. Maybe if she's with Nyssa, they can pour a milkshake over the grave instead of alcohol this time.

• Love 3

But no one saw Caity on set when they filmed the funeral. It would make sense for her to be there but apparently she wasn't. I hope they aren't bringing her back and Ray for the finale like someone suggested. I don't miss any of them at all.

I want an appearance because even that tiny thing would allow for the negation of the 2046 timeline that while entertaining to watch, is way to bleak for me to get behind (basically that no matter what happens on the show now it's all going to fall apart anyway) They said that was the future only if Sara and or Ray never came back so I NEED them to pop up at least.

As for getting Olicity back right away or delay it til next season, my only reason for not being behind the delay is who they might hook Oliver and Felicity up with in between.  Not worried about something meaningful getting in the way, just don't enjoy seeing them trying to move on that way.  Plus I'd know it's pointless so it would be Ray all over again. 

• Love 2

They could easily have Sara 'return' for Laurel's funeral and film it completely separately - have her poke her head out from behind a tree, or from the back with a bunch of anonymous mourners in the row in front of her.  I don't think her absence definitively means she's not at the funeral - scheduling conflicts might have had it film earlier or later.   It'd be a shame for her not to be, to be honest.

Easy to film, but not to explain with LOT's timeline where they are currently in 1958. LOT would have to return to 2016 for this to work.

As for getting Olicity back right away or delay it til next season, my only reason for not being behind the delay is who they might hook Oliver and Felicity up with in between.  Not worried about something meaningful getting in the way, just don't enjoy seeing them trying to move on that way.  Plus I'd know it's pointless so it would be Ray all over again. 

I really don't see either of them dating someone else any time soon. There's really just not going to be any time this season, and there's literally NO ONE for either of them to date. Not even a guest star. LL's gone, Thea's his sister, Nyssa's gay. Digg's married (plus kinda her brother) and Curtis is gay. And if they wait until next season to get them back together, it won't be late next season. I personally think the season is going to end on a semi-down note, bc it hasn't since S1 (kidnapped Felicity, just sayin'...final scene is her realizing it was her dad who took her), but I can't see the show trying them with other romantic interests in any real way.  

• Love 4

My only problem with a delay to next season is that that's then delaying the relationship that I've already seen and enjoyed until at the earliest around this late October/November (because I doubt that they would just put them back together in 501 if they are still apart in 423, they most they would do is go on a date to parallel 301). That would be making a break-up that took not even two/three episodes of plot (408, 414, and 415, since I don't count 409-413 since the writers almost completely ignored that plot in the meantime) separate a 14 episode relationship for 9+ episodes amounting to almost 9-10 months of me waiting for Oliver and Felicity to get back together from 415. 

It's not that I'm terribly impatient, it's just that I don't want to wait that long for such an inevitability. It was one thing waiting for Oliver and Felicity to break up, since I could at least enjoy the Olicity along the way, but this is just dragging the characters along in semi-misery because the writers want to delay an endgame. Plus, I don't want to go through the months of media/fans speculating whether Olicity will get back together at all (even if Laurel dies, some people will just latch to the idea that Oliver should end up with no one at all or a completely new character). Like DR even said today apparently, it's obvious that Oliver and Felicity will get back together at some point, dragging it out to 501 or 507 or 508 or 509 will just be delaying something inevitable and enjoyable for an extended amount of time.

Granted, I still want Oliver and Felicity separated at the moment, since the break-up was needed given the circumstances, but I wouldn't want the reconnection to be delayed any further than 422-423 (about 3 months and 7 episodes of waiting from 415) just so I can at least spend the hiatus less concerned with the how/when of Olicity getting back together. If they really do get back together in 420, and it's really a choice between 420 and, say, 509, then I'm going to choose 420 just so we can sooner put this drama behind everything.

• Love 15

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think they will start moving Felicity and Oliver back together by next episode (it would have been about a month in show time, right?) and that there will be a full reconciliation before the season ends. I think it was very early this season when we were speculating, on this very board, how the relationship was going to go and somebody plotted out an episodic timeline based on seasons 2 and 3 that's been fairly accurate. It's not just because the writers are rather unoriginal, but they are pretty much locked to the ebb and flow of a TV season with highs and lows dictated by sweeps. We got the low during the February sweeps (unless you're not an Olicity fan, of course) and, hopefully, the high in May.

• Love 10

I don't see either Oliver or Felicity dating anyone else seriously even if they take to s5 to get them back together, which I'm also sceptical about.  Oliver proved in s3 that there was no woman for him but Felicity, and Felicity only started a relationship with Ray because she thought Oliver was completely off the table.  Even with the pace Berlanti shows go, there's no time for Oliver or Felicity to come to terms with the break-up, heal, and start a new relationship. (In real life it takes 4-6 years to get over that serious a relationship.)

We saw League Sara briefly at the start of s3 when she was pursuing Malcolm all over the world and checking up on him for Ra's.  She agreed to re-join in exchange for help during the Slade crisis.

I think the version of Sara CL never thought to play again is going to be on LoT.  At the end of the last episode, Rip etc. had just left Sara, Ray and Kendra on earth as they took off because of the bad guy. 

Since Matt Nable is going to be on the show, my guess is that Sara goes looking for the LoA.

That's not to say that she couldn't come back for a family funeral but I that the Sara-she-never-thought-to-play-again is LoA Sara on LoT.

I wonder if the Poppy/present parallel is going to be Oliver watching Poppy die and not being able to do anything about it, and Oliver is the present seeing [X] die and getting justice for him/her.

I wonder if the Poppy/present parallel is going to be Oliver watching Poppy die and not being able to do anything about it, and Oliver is the present seeing [X] die and getting justice for him/her.

I thought the Poppy/present parallel was Olicity related? At least that's how I understood it from Wendy's previous interviews when she said something like they couldn't have done this particular story in the flashback if Oliver and Felicity weren't a couple in the present. 

What made you want to contrast Oliver’s love life in the past and the present, with the flashbacks?

MERICLE: Yes, absolutely! It’s to see him in a relationship in the past and a relationship in the present, and contrast where he is. The flashbacks are going to be Oliver at his darkest place, but in the present day story, he’ll be at his happiest. It will be about, how did he get there and how did those really dark moments inform his decision to maintain his faith, despite everything that’s happening around him?

Collider interview

• Love 2
I don't see either Oliver or Felicity dating anyone else seriously even if they take to s5 to get them back together, which I'm also sceptical about.  Oliver proved in s3 that there was no woman for him but Felicity, and Felicity only started a relationship with Ray because she thought Oliver was completely off the table.  Even with the pace Berlanti shows go, there's no time for Oliver or Felicity to come to terms with the break-up, heal, and start a new relationship. (In real life it takes 4-6 years to get over that serious a relationship.)

See, I completely agree that they wouldn't be in a head place that dating anyone else would make sense but that doesn't mean that they show runners wouldn't shoe horn it in and even a one night fling would not be fun for me to watch.  I'll deal with it if I have to but my preference would be them back together before the end of the season (or nearly)  and then Felicity going missing or making it look like she left willingly.  That last bit is more just so I can earn points on predicting the season's end point than a deep desire, though not missing another happy summer has it's upside. 

I thought the Poppy/present parallel was Olicity related? At least that's how I understood it from Wendy's previous interviews when she said something like they couldn't have done this particular story in the flashback if Oliver and Felicity weren't a couple in the present. 

Collider interview

Yeah, what they had in mind at the start of the season vs what we've had doesn't match up at all.  I'm floored had how much worse the flashbacks were able to get this year.  I really remember thinking S3 had to be the worst.  Oh what a naïve soul was I. 

• Love 4

I really think the season will end on a downer, especially if the writers are setting this up as the 1st of the next Arrow trilogy.

If I was a betting woman I would say that OQ & FS will reconcile and get back together by the end of the season. But the final moments will be a cliffhanger. And I think people are onto something with a FS kidnapping.

As for the Poppy/Olicity parallels and connections, it is a little odd thinking about how they are linking them. FS is the love of OQs life and Poppy is just some woman he is saddled with. I can not see how something happening toher would somehow influence his choices with FS. But perhaps the FB will surprise. I've sat through the painful minutes for some reason I hope its moderately worth it.

I honestly wonder if the writers have changed their minds and will link LL & Poppy, especially their deaths since he it is his responsibility to avenge them. But if the writers told us that in the earlier interviews they would have ruined the big grave mystery. LL would never be in the grave if they didn't have FS as the LI. So indirectly it does go back to Olicity.

Linking LL and Poppy is the only way I can see linking past relationship to present because in the present, Oliver is nuts about Felicity and he can barely stay awake for Poppy.  Nor does he have the guilt element with Felicity since he didn't kill her brother, but he did feel that he killed Laurel's sister.

I'm on board with Oliver and Felicity reconciling and then Felicity going missing (except it's giving me a headache by connecting to that fanfic by hannasus).  Not to mention, there's no one on the show either of them could have a brief affair with except for Oliver/Laurel and why bring in a one shot character just to screw with the audience?

• Love 1

why bring in a one shot character just to screw with the audience?

Well I have legitimately been told with all sincerity that the show clearly with mentioning that Oliver cheated on Laurel with BM was intending to remind the audience that Oliver is still a cheater that sleeps around so therefore they are preparing the audience for Oliver to go back to his old ways.  Oh and clearly if the show runners had wanted to show that Oliver had changed, they wouldn't have written him as not being interested in anyone else and being 100% faithful, no the only way they could have shown that Oliver wasn't still the exact same cheater he's always been is if he gets interested in someone while he was with Felicity and only at the last minute decided not to have sex with that person. 

Or maybe that theory is BatShitCrazy.  I don't know. Could go either way. ;P

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1