Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm just wondering why Charlotte Ross isn't there. Wouldn't Donna be there to support her boyfriend?

As someone else said, "Eh, wimmunz don't matter in matters of kids, unless they're THE MOTHER OF THE CHILD. (In which case they shall be deified and sanctified no matter what lying hags they are, forever and ever, amen.)"

I would be OK, with Nyssa joining to help kill Malcolm DEAD. But I would not really want a resurrection of the LOA storylines.

We didn't think they would let Arrow have and killed RAG, so she could be Talia, or another LOA character like Cassandra Cain.

I'm just wondering why Charlotte Ross isn't there. Wouldn't Donna be there to support her boyfriend?

Donna could be injured somewhere.

I say this because I agree she would come to support QL, if they are still dating, but I can't see the show not throwing red herrings about who is going to die leading up to the actual reveal, Donna could be one of those... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Didn't realize how much a jerk that Canadagraph guy is until I read some of his tweets today. This man really hates anything and anyone associated with Oliver and Felicity. I mean his hate is borderline crazy and would be sad if it wasn't so funny that a grown man is acting like a toddler. Seriously, does anyone know why this guy hate is so strong for these 2 characters or is it not the individuals and just the pairing that makes up "Olicity" that he hates so much?

Didn't realize how much a jerk that Canadagraph guy is until I read some of his tweets today. This man really hates anything and anyone associated with Oliver and Felicity. I mean his hate is borderline crazy and would be sad if it wasn't so funny that a grown man is acting like a toddler. Seriously, does anyone know why this guy hate is so strong for these 2 characters or is it not the individuals and just the pairing that makes up "Olicity" that he hates so much?

Well, he used to like EBR, maybe to the extent of having a little crush on her, then she said no to an autograph, and so he began to hate her, and therefore hate Felicity.

Because women are always obligated to respond positively to rando dudes' overtures, don'tcha know.

• Love 4

We're not supposed to talk about him, it counts as fan on fan.

I would be OK, with Nyssa joining to help kill Malcolm DEAD. But I would not really want a resurrection of the LOA storylines.

We didn't think they would let Arrow have and killed RAG, so she could be Talia, or another LOA character like Cassandra Cain.

Donna could be injured somewhere.

I say this because I agree she would come to support QL, if they are still dating, but I can't see the show not throwing red herrings about who is going to die leading up to the actual reveal, Donna could be one of those... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

umm I didn't think of Cassandra Cain, but Cain is Asian and if this girl is her than.. another white washing of a character! (and i'm so tired of that!) I'd be just as pissed if she is Talia..

#StopComicWhiteWashing!

I'm trying to remember if there were other young girls like Cain who escaped the LoA in the comics...

Perhaps Talia is in some way responsible for So and So's death? Nah, I still think it's MM, but maybe he uses Talia like he did Thea? (presuming, of course, that Krissy from Supernatural is Talia.)

what if... this girl is Malcolm's daughter from his time in the league?!!

kidding!

ETA: About the sisters birth line up... according to wiki Nyssa is actually the older one of the two.. so yea this could very much be Talia or Arrow version of her.

"After the death of Ra's al Ghul, his first-born daughter Nyssa Raatko formed a new League"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Assassins#Under_Nyssa_al_Ghul.27s_leadership

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

FYI regarding next episode?

that is definitely! Curtis in the lair!!

Diggle is there and I think the other person is Lance

So my speculation?

someone breaks into PT to take Felicity- Curtis is there too and Oliver comes to fight the person and rescue her and Curtis but gets injured (all the while Felicity gets taken away) and it ends up with Curtis finding out the truth because someone needs to bring Oliver ass to the Lair.. i'm getting a strong sense of deja vu to when Felicity found out Oliver is the hood.

103ad61.png

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 4

Somehow I don't think MG is going to be very happy about this.

Oooh, he's gonna be pissed.

And I'm gonna be amused by the fact that he set up a flash-forward mystery death to be shot on daylight location in a city crawling with paps. You do this shit in studio, boo, are you new?

• Love 3

I bet that's from the following episode. SA said Oliver was on a table shirtless fighting for his life during 17 filming. Just stuck in this promo.

Maybe she has to short-circuit bees inside him or something (it's the bee lady episode, right)?

• Love 1

Somehow I don't think MG is going to be very happy about this.

Maybe?

They could have stuck with a funeral in a closed funeral home set. Instead, they shot it outdoors, in a city full of photographers, knowing that diehard Arrow fans really wanted to know the outcome, and knowing that Oliver's proposal was spoiled under darker lighting conditions. I think they were prepared to have some photos leak out. Maybe not this many, but still.

• Love 2

I am not sure how upset they will be - there is absolutely no effort here to hide what is going on.  Even OUAT uses a screen to block on location shots every now and then.   It could still be the death is not a regular and Laurel is not there because she was injured and could not attend.  The fact that there are no present day shots seems odd...

Edited by Mrs. de Winter
  • Love 2

@Morrigan2575 - Thanks.

Folks are really celebrating on Twitter. I hope its not prematurely and instead of a "Pretty Bird" getting buried some who celebrated early end up eating "Crow"! Hey I think its time for her character to depart the show but I'm not going to go on Twitter and proclaim that its a done deal. No matter until I see it I won't believe it. I have learned to NOT trust the horrible writers of this show.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

That just makes me think they've done it on purpose. They could have blocked some shots but they didn't. Now a lot of people are convinced it's Laurel dying. Whether they're doing it to throw people off is up to interpretation. LOL.

• Love 4

Bruce is a 15 year old boy on Gotham. They're not going to play that card any time soon.

Yeah she looks too young but IF she is Talia, I have a fear she'd be 20 somehow and I don't have Confidence that MG wouldn't copy that storyline on Arrow for MORE BS Olicity angst

Maybe it is a ruse. I mean a part of me still believes Lance is in the grave. Or perhaps they are letting the info be out to temper dramatic reaction from BC fans. When Sara died there was a decent size outcry. Maybe they think publicity from actually killing a big comic character who has been a regular for 4 season will get the show attention.

Yeah she looks too young but IF she is Talia, I have a fear she'd be 20 somehow and I don't have Confidence that MG wouldn't copy that storyline on Arrow for MORE BS Olicity angst

The actress looks to young to do damage to Olicity even if she's legal.  But comic Oliver has his own raped to father a child story. Though they already used Shado and Oliver just had a child storyline that wasn't popular so hopefully they won't go there again.

Wow. Today certainly was a busy day. I feel a tiny bit bad for the Show that the paps got all those pics and have kinda spoiled their 'who's in the box' grave surprise. But only a tiny bit since I'm still annoyed that the writers insulted my intelligence with that dumb BM plot so a part of me just wants to laugh and point (at MG, especially), instead. Unless, of course, it's all a trick and the Show was willing to blow some of their budget on fake/trolling funeral pics rather than put it towards improving their sets, etc. then I guess well-played, sirs/ma'ams.

I know I should still be cautious (I KNOW THIS) and about 15% of me is still skeptical but I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase a ticket on @wonderwall's train. It is kinda fun to spec about it.

324Q3CS.gif

Guess on the title for 4x09: "Funeral Day" (Google tells me this was a title for one of the issues in the multi-part storyline for the death of a Superhero--it was Superman's). If it really is Laurel in the grave, though, it would be funny if the episode title was "Four Apples" instead, but that's just maybe me being mean.

• Love 8

Yeah, that's Lance. No Felicity or Thea though. Hmm.

Maybe Felicity and Thea are both Kidnapped? I really hope Curtis doesn't find out the same way Felicity did? It's repetitive and there are fears that he will replace Felicity one day

Maybe it is a ruse. I mean a part of me still believes Lance is in the grave. Or perhaps they are letting the info be out to temper dramatic reaction from BC fans. When Sara died there was a decent size outcry. Maybe they think publicity from actually killing a big comic character who has been a regular for 4 season will get the show attention.

The actress looks to young to do damage to Olicity even if she's legal.  But comic Oliver has his own raped to father a child story. Though they already used Shado and Oliver just had a child storyline that wasn't popular so hopefully they won't go there again.

You're right that she looks too young. I did not know Oliver had that story in the comics I would hope MG wouldn't do that story but I think we all know how clueless he can be lol

• Love 1

I know I should still be cautious (I KNOW THIS) and about 15% of me is still skeptical but I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase a ticket on @wonderwall's train. It is kinda fun to spec about it.

324Q3CS.gif

Guess on the title for 4x09: "Funeral Day" (Google tells me this was a title for one of the issues in the multi-part storyline for the death of a Superhero--it was Superman's). If it really is Laurel in the grave, though, it would be funny if the episode title was "Four Apples" instead, but that's just maybe me being mean.

LMFAOOOOOOO four apples T_T 

And yayy! I'm glad the spec has been fun for you! It's been awesome for me lol 

I have to say though, I'm going to miss saying "COME ONNNNNNNNNNNN"

• Love 3

I don't know, but I don't think SA was in the BTS photos, was there confirmation of him at the filming?

There's the fan account in Social media about himbeing there on set.

Have we ever seen Oliver actually attend a funeral? I can't remember.

He shows up when he needs to bury the person. Robert, Yao Fei, Shado, Sara last year. Given that he's alone in the flash forward, he could show up after the burial.
  • Love 1

On one hand, I think it's really weird how they're all so casual about the photos. But I can't believe they'd go to the trouble and expense to troll everyone that Laurel is in the grave. What would be the point of that?

So either they don't care that it's out, or they really didn't think people would be able to figure out that it was her since KC was still on set.

It's all just very strange.

On one hand, I think it's really weird how they're all so casual about the photos. But I can't believe they'd go to the trouble and expense to troll everyone that Laurel is in the grave. What would be the point of that?

So either they don't care that it's out, or they really didn't think people would be able to figure out that it was her since KC was still on set.

It's all just very strange.

I can see them being a bit over the secrecy at this point. It's been a long slog. Plus, Guggie's not too bright, so he probably doesn't realize other people can figure stuff out. He probably thinks hey, KC's there, no one will EVAH be able to work that out!

God I wish he hadn't gone to my law school.

• Love 4

I have to admit, I'm surprised they're really doing this. But then again, I guess they just decided there wasn't enough of a fanbase for the character (as portrayed on the show) to keep her around forever?

I really can't believe how bad they screwed up such an iconic comic book character though.

• Love 1

I'm still trying to catch up (I leave for one evening and five pages happen) but I just wanted to say that if they wanted to keep who died a secret but still had to film funeral and grave scenes, the best way would be to film two or more funerals so that all the potential death actors would be shooting.

When did Lance and his wife split?  If they are doing a flash back to Sara's funeral, shouldn't he have a ring on? 

They split after Sara died and Quentin lost himself in the Dollmaker case trying to save young women like he couldn't save Sara.  But some men never wear wedding rings.

• Love 2

Other than having non-Oliver Flashbacks, back-to-back, it's not that weird. Laurel and Lance are two different characters.

I do find it weird that we have Lance family flashbacks two episodes in a row. Episode 18 from Laurel's, and episode 19 from Lance's perspective?

Edited by tarotx