Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Do you think BM told Spawn hanging with this new random dude was a secret, too? Do you think she told him not to tell anyone? I wonder if he was at school telling his friends that some weird bearded guy visits from time to time and plays superheroes with him and looks at him like a sad panda. 

This almost made me snort.  If we can't rename Oliver "Big Dumb Green Arrow" - can we call him "Sad Panda Green Arrow?"  Please oh pretty please!?!?!

• Love 1

He totally puts a moist maker in Felicity's sandwich.

ETA: unintentional innuendo

I had to edit because technically that would make him the Rachel, but I really enjoyed calling him The Ross.

As for the innuendo, A+.

• Love 1

Sigh. I'm done with my venting now. But this whole storyline was made 100 times worse and I didn't think that was possible. Lol.

Edited by Guest

Wow... so that was a lot to take in. It was a lot of bitterness regarding BMD.

I totally agree that the stupid in this story is strong. Most of us here can write better stories to get us out of this situation the writers have willingly put themselves in. But the writers always seem to take the dumbest & easiest way out, so I've just accepted it the minute "FOR PLOT PURPOSES" became the only logic behind the story. I hope the characters will be spared too much damage to make the plot happen. But I'm not sure.

LL embracing BM, well we predicted that here. I wonder if they were friends in the past. OQ slept with her sister, I would not be surprised if he slept with her "good" friend.

As for BM being in the Lair - the only way I can accept it is that perhaps OQ is trying to show her how much he has changed. I know that its a big handwave and I should be mad that she gets in on the secret so easily, however if it makes it so that she can trust OQ & TA and then move far away from SC, than I will be OK with it. Honestly, I'm wondering if its a mea culpa moment for both OQ & BM that for the safety of the child they can't keep secrets anymore. Because at the end of the day, it was the lies & secrets of his parents that got William kidnapped. So if this is the ending of the secrets & lies between them, that at least is progress. It should have come between FS & OQ - but I'll take it in small increments. Plus, I totally see FS behind him letting BM in on the GA secret.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I'm curious to see how this kid reveal affects the show going forward in terms of maintaining the interest through the end of the season. There is a risk that some fans will simply stop watching until they see the final outcome.

I readily admit that I am getting increasingly irritated with how this is being played out and the hoops characters are being forced to jump through to make it all work. It's actually a pity that a story that could have been interesting and shown another side to Oliver has been sacrificed at the alter of pointless drama.

Personally, I think I'll be happier once the reveal is done because then it won't be looming over everything and we can start to move on from it. After all it's just a TV show, an incredibly frustrating one, but a TV show nonetheless.

• Love 4

Onwards to better things, when do you think Felicity will have her surgery to implant that chip in her spine? I have a total mind block on spoilers tbh.

Onwards to better things, when do you think Felicity will have her surgery to implant that chip in her spine? I have a total mind block on spoilers tbh.

I love that they're probably going to have her approach some doctor and ask him to implant this non FDA-regulated thing in her spine. Since there seems to be only one doctor on this show, I hope she goes to the dude who told her he wouldn't inject him with the nanites.  Maybe Curtis can operate on her!

• Love 3

Someone might have reported it - I think reported posts get temporarily hidden until a mod can deal with it.

Oh! okay, thanks for giving a potential reason. it's weird since I wasn't calling anyone any names or trolling or anything that "I" personally think would warrant being reported on, I would expect the offended person to first at least shot me a pm and tell me what s/he found offensive about it since it's not like i'm a brand new poster (granted I don't post as much lately) looking to troll or offend anyone.

whatever - if any got offended by my post and reported it.. well i'm not gonna apologies, cause I wasn't singling out anyone specific in the forum or trying to offend anyone specifically, so....

eta: I wonder what happens if you accidentally press the "report" button to your own post? (I don't think that's what happened but.. honestly one can never be too sure)

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

I love that they're probably going to have her approach some doctor and ask him to implant this non FDA-regulated thing in her spine. Since there seems to be only one doctor on this show, I hope she goes to the dude who told her he wouldn't inject him with the nanites.  Maybe Curtis can operate on her!

It should be Curtis. Dude can do everything. Surgery? Piece of cake! Haha.

I'm hoping Felicity has the surgery during the hiatus after 415 and then we can jump right to Felicity living on her own and Oliver suffering.

Could the hospital scenes for "it's not a season of Arrow unless I'm shirtless and lying on a gurney"?

Editing to add:  Recall the scene is "As Good As It Gets" with the line...."you make me want to be a better man".  That is Oliver with Felicity, he doesn't just want her....he wants to be the man she deserves.  Not true for him with the other two skirts.

Wanting to be a better man is all well and good but my father always used to say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  (I really hated it when he did that.)

Oliver wanted to tell Felicity and he wanted to have a relationship with his son but he really screwed it up by not using his three brain cells.  He needs to suffer.

• Love 4

I once played Operation and didn't set off a single alarm. I was also drunk. I got this.

Impressive.

We're counting on you.

Ok so while I'm 90% sure that Quentin is the death, I've had this nagging feeling since the Hawks cross-over that it would in fact be Baby Momma (sometimes I start to type her name and then I just refuse - kind of like how I insist on typing Starling because it's stupid that they changed the name of the town for Ray).  Now I'm wondering if the fact that she knows all their secrets - including where their lair is - makes it more likely that it is in fact her in the grave.

Also - what the hell is going on with Malcolm.  I mean, he knows that Oliver is the Green Arrow, Laurel in BC, etc.... He knows where their lair is.  Darhk also knows that one member of their team was trained by Ra's and has some magic mumbo jumbo going on with her that he might not want to mess with (though that is probably gone with the Lotus cure, but he doesn't know that).  When I only thought Malcom was selling out the William secret to get revenge and hurt Oliver - it all made sense.  But him sitting in on the little HIVE meeting?  What's his game? 

• Love 1

Donna is back in 4x17 and it looks like they filmed hospital scenes. 

Yeah I think it goes like this:

4x16 Broken Hearts - wedding hallucination and Cupid's return

4x17 Beacon Of Hope  probably Felicity's surgery if you go off the title JMO

4x18 Eleven Fifty Nine - I think this is the Lance heavy flash back episode

Somewhere in one of those episodes it might be 4x18 I think Laurel is going to be appearing in court.

I think that quick synopsis of the episodes is correct if I'm not feel free to correct.

• Love 2

Also - what the hell is going on with Malcolm.  I mean, he knows that Oliver is the Green Arrow, Laurel in BC, etc.... He knows where their lair is.  Darhk also knows that one member of their team was trained by Ra's and has some magic mumbo jumbo going on with her that he might not want to mess with (though that is probably gone with the Lotus cure, but he doesn't know that).  When I only thought Malcom was selling out the William secret to get revenge and hurt Oliver - it all made sense.  But him sitting in on the little HIVE meeting?  What's his game? 

I would not put it past Malcolm to be trying to be the hero of the story in the end.  He sets William up for danger thinking he will get inside and be able to save William from said danger.  Malcolm can claim that he feared for Thea's safety and needed to get inside to get the full scoop on Darhk.  Thea with the cure is not immune to Darhk,...blah blah...Daddy comes to save the day type thing.

• Love 1

MM is trying to manipulate DD. There is no power advantage if he tells DD everything. The William morsel was enough for DD to not only accept him but give him a place at the table. I wonder what MM's game is... but not really, because half of what makes MM so good at being evil is his spontaneity. I want to love MM for the true villain that he is. If they keep on revealing all of MM's power plays to either the audience or TA than it won't be as much fun to watch.

I do hope they plan on keeping him evil moving fwd.

• Love 2

I hope there is some twist to Malcolm, although I wouldn't put it past MG to have Malcolm giving up William so that he could work on the inside and be the one to save Oliver in the end yet again.

Isn't Laurel lawyering in 416?  That would fit in if Vixen took DD's magic powers away in 415.

Do we know when the dreaded flashback heavy episode is going to air? I feel like we have heard next to nothing about it to the point where I'm wondering/hoping that they're just skipping it this season. Then again, maybe I've just tuned those spoilers out like I do with the actual flashbacks.

I really hope they don't take Damien's powers yet. I love seeing him be evil. Neal is killing this role. I also think the show has not utilized him enough. The reason he is even in Star City or what ALL of his powers are hasn't been revealed and they are heading into episode 15. It might have been a mistake introducing the villain early if they weren't or didn't know how to use him properly.

I wonder if they are going to try something new and let this story line continue into the next season instead of closing it out. Right now IMO it seems like they have a lot of open ended story lines. Rushing through them to close out the season will be doing all of them an injustice again IMO.

• Love 1

I remembered awhile back a reporter had mentioned that William is important - very vague statement at the time. 

In Star City 2046, the next gen Green Arrow is Connor Hawke.  You don't think that William sticks around in the future so much so that Sara Diggle and William get together and have Connor Hawke Diggle/Clayton, right? 

Please reassure me that Guggenheim wouldn't do this.

I remembered awhile back a reporter had mentioned that William is important - very vague statement at the time. 

In Star City 2046, the next gen Green Arrow is Connor Hawke.  You don't think that William sticks around in the future so much so that Sara Diggle and William get together and have Connor Hawke Diggle/Clayton, right? 

Sara will be in her early 30s at that point in time. I really don't see how she would be able to have a grown up son then.

SA's latest Facebook video has him on the loft set in his GA suit.

• Love 2

10 year old William might be old enough to have a 19/20 year old son in 30 years but baby Sara's just 1.5 now so I don't think you have to worry about that. She's too young to be Connor's mom. 

• Love 1

10 year old William might be old enough to have a 19/20 year old son in 30 years but baby Sara's just 1.5 now so I don't think you have to worry about that. She's too young to be Connor's mom. 

Thank goodness - way too late for me to even think about numbers right now. :) 

I guess age-wise, is it possible that Connor Hawke could be a Diggle (one of John and Lyla's - Connor Hawke Diggle)?

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 1

Imagine how nice for Felicity when the masks go out for the rescue and she stays in the lair with Samantha.

200.gif

I'm hoping Lance stays with them. You just know he's going to bond with Oliver now over the fact that they're both fathers. Never mind that Lance has been a total douche to Oliver undeservedly multiple times and this should be a reminder of what a shithead he was to Lance's own daughter.
  • Love 2

This photo alone makes me not want to watch 415 - three women that Oliver's had sex with, all together in the Arrowcave.  All we need is for Sara or Helena to guest star and for Shado to make a ghostly appearance.  Poor Felicity - it's bad enough that she has to work night after night with Oliver's ex-girlfriend, now she has to spend time with the woman that Oliver's been honest with while simultaneously being dishonest with her.

arrow-season-4-photos-17.jpg?w=700

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I'm not at all bothered by the fact that all three of them slept with Oliver. After all, Oliver was perfectly capable of working with Ray. If there was no lie there, both Laurel's and BM's entanglements with Oliver would have been years and worlds removed from Felicity.

• Love 17

I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if they were truly past entanglements.  Laurel bothers me because KC has said that she feels that Oliver is her soul mate, so it's like she's hanging around waiting for her opportunity.  BM bothers me because Oliver's been prioritizing her wishes over Felicity and now, with a shared son, she'll always be a part of his life.  Still, it has to be somewhat uncomfortable to be around other women who've also had sex with your fiance.  Oliver only had to work with Ray for a short time - it's not like he joined Team Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I don't know why, but I'm convinced Connor won't have any connection to Oliver.

Apparently, Felicity isn't wearing her ring in the scene wih Darhk.

http://saidthebutterfly.tumblr.com/post/139645484888/um-guys-has-anyone-else-noticed-that-not-only-is

It kills me that Samantha gets waredrobe changes in this episode. How long is she at the lair? Do she and Lance toss a coin for te top bunk?

The shot in the scene with Darhk is way to quick to be able to tell for sure, but she is wearing it down in the lair - I think maybe that person is looking the super LQ thumbnail pics found on the CW's promo site. You can see it in the ones TVLine has up. 

Since it seems like she's there at least two days, I wonder if Laurel invites her to stay. Or maybe Oliver and Felicity offer her Thea's old bedroom. None of these scenarios would be awkward at all! 

I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if they were truly past entanglements. 

I can see being uncomfortable with Samantha down there, because her mere existence and reason for being in Oliver's life was unknown to Felicity before this episode. As for Laurel though, KC's personal head canon doesn't mean anything - the show hasn't given any indication that it's at all based in reality. 

• Love 2

I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if they were truly past entanglements.  Laurel bothers me because KC has said that she feels that Oliver is her soul mate, so it's like she's hanging around waiting for her opportunity.  BM bothers me because Oliver's been prioritizing her wishes over Felicity and now, with a shared son, she'll always be a part of his life.  Still, it has to be somewhat uncomfortable to be around other women who've also had sex with your fiance.  Oliver only had to work with Ray for a short time - it's not like he joined Team Arrow.

I don't really care about KC's thoughts here since I don't detect anything like that in her performance. And the fact that Oliver had sex with someone else 10 years ago does not bother me. The lie and Samantha apparently being trustworthy enough to get an invite into their top secret lair does. It's this that kills me. She sees all team members and knows their identities plus Lance's entanglement with them. That's where my mind boggles. What makes them think she won't give them away in a hot second the next time William goes missing.

The "family" thing doesn't work either. Oliver never told Moira, she sussed it out herself. And it took him years to bring Thea down to the lair and tell her he was the Arrow. It would be really nice if Thea actually got into a snit over that, but I expect her to invite Samantha to a mani-pedi after William is rescued.

• Love 14

I'm posting my episode spoilers summary early this week because I just want the BMD over and done with (I'll update as necessary) - and, yes, apparently The CW's own PR people can't spell Lyla's name right...

SUMMARY OF SPOILERS FOR 415 (AND FLASH/LOT CROSSOVERS):

Flash Crossover Episode with Diggle (King Shark)
-- Airdate: Feb. 23, 2016.  (ComicBookResources article, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- Synopsis for Flash episode ("King Shark") with Diggle crossover: “'ARROW’S' DIGGLE (DAVID RAMSEY) AND LILA (AUDREY MARIE ANDERSON) CROSS OVER TO “THE FLASH” TO TAKE ON KING SHARK – When King Shark escapes from an A.R.G.U.S. holding tank, Lila (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) and Diggle (David Ramsey) travel to Central City to warn The Flash (Grant Gustin).  King Shark shows up at the West house and attacks Joe (Jesse L. Martin), Iris (Candice Patton), Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) and Barry.  Hanelle Culpepper directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#215).  Original airdate 2/23/16." (ComicBookResources article, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- See Diggle & Lyla in The Flash/Zoom's Coming extended trailer posted. (The Flash/Zoom's Coming extended trailer video, page 31 of Spoilers thread)

S4, Episode 15: Taken
-- Production code: 415.  Director: Gregory Smith.  Airdate: Feb. 24, 2016.  (MG tweet, page 28 of Spoilers thread, and page 809 of the Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- 415 synopsis: "VIXEN JOINS TEAM ARROW – Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes he needs help battling Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) so he calls in an old friend – Vixen (guest star Megalyn E.K.). Using her magical ability to summon animal powers, Vixen gets a lock on Darhk’s location and the team goes to war. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) has a heart-to-heart talk with Malcolm (John Barrowman). Gregory Smith directed the episode with story by Marc Guggenheim and teleplay by Keto Shimizu & Brian Ford Sullivan (#415). Original airdate 2/24/16." (ComicBookResources article, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- MG's Billy Joel song picks for 415 are "And So It Goes", "Honesty" and "You're Only Human." (MG tumblr post, page 31 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 415 promotional pics posted. (TVLine article, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 415 promo posted.  (415 promo video, page 1 of 4x15 thread)
-- See 415 extended promo posted. (415 extended promo video, page 31 of Spoilers thread)

-- See 415 Philippines promo posted. (415 Philippines promo video, page 32 of Spoilers thread)

-- 415 comic preview posted. (WM tweet, page 32 of Spoilers thread)

-- In response to fan asking for one word descriptions of the next couple of upcoming episodes (after 412), SA: "Duel. Fallout. Ring." (SA facebook Q&A post, page 856 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- SA posted pic of himself in GA costume inside a "log cabin" which has yellow crime scene tape. (SA tweet, page 295 of Social Media thread)
-- Pic showing Samantha Clayton (AH) in police station with Oliver posted. (KC facebook post, page 29 of Spoilers thread)

-- Pic and video of Felicity with Oliver and Paul (therapist) trying to walk again. (TVInsider article, page 32 of Spoilers thread, and page 895 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Mari McCabe, a/k/a Vixen (played by Megalyn Echikunwoke), will make her live-action debut in this episode.  (TVInsider article, page 28 of Spoilers thread)
-- Megalyn E.K. is the new preferred credit for Megalyn Echikunwoke. (ComicBookResources article, page 298 of Social Media thread)
-- Pic of MEK as Vixen posted. (TVLine article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- Vixen storyboard panel posted. (MG tweet, page 31 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per WM, Vixen will appear in an Oliver-centric episode.  WM: "She'll play a big part in kinda helping Oliver with a really emotionally wrenching storyline that we're gonna be exploring episode 415." (Video in ComicBookResources article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Vixen episode, WM: "It will be a standalone, yes. We really needed someone to come in and give Oliver some help with magic. One of the things we’ve been exploring this season is 'How does Oliver deal with magic, specifically with Damien?,' and she comes in for a very high-stakes, amazing episode. She’s done a great job [voicing] the cartoon on CW Seed and she’s a tremendous actor in her own right. We’re really excited." (TVLine article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- In response to Dallas ComicCon fan asking who and when they'll add a new member of Team Arrow, SA said: "We get a honorary member of Team Arrow with superpowers in episode 15." (SA panel at Dallas ComicCon 2016, page 318 off Social Media thread)
-- Per MG, fans can expect to be surprised by a twist coming up with the season's Big Bad. MG: "The back half of the season, we're pretty much following the same structure that we have in seasons past where obviously the Big Bad gears up. That said, we're going to throw a hard six in episode 15 that I think will surprise people... We're going to do something that's never been done before on Arrow with the Big Bad. 15 is a real game-changer episode for us."  Also, per MG, this big twist "doesn't involve a character death. It's a move that we've never made with one of our Big Bads." (IGN article, page 28 of Spoilers thread, and page 804 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- In response to fan asking about Felicity's feelings/POV about the BM lie, MG: " I suspect we'll learn all about 'em once Felicity discovers Oliver's been lying to her." (MG tweet, page 31 of Spoilers thread)
-- In response to Olicity fan who asked, "on a scale of 1 bottle - 10 bottles how many should I have stock piled for future episodes (4x15)?", MG responded: "For 415?  By a vineyard." (MG tumblr post, page 31 of Spoilers thread)
-- SA: "You were fishing for spoilers earlier... talking about things like they had happened, trying to get me to slip up. You won't catch me, Sabrina. (Audience laughs) ... [Fan asks if there is anything he can say to give them hope] ... I will give you some hope, okay? Obviously, at some point this year, the chickens are going to come home to roost for Oliver, and Felicity will likely find out I have, like, a 10-year-old kid.  (sighs) Oliver... (shakes head in exasperation) ... and I'm sure - but I will tell you, if that happens, I promise, they will handle it like adults." (SA panel at Dallas ComicCon 2016, page 317 of Social Media thread)
-- Per SA, the most emotional scene was end of 415 and Olicity fans will not like it.  (Lana@olicityalamode tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- SA said that there's a scene at the end of 415 that's like 3-1/2 to 4 minutes long and that, except for cuts away for certain montage-type things, the camera never cuts off Oliver. (SA panel at Dallas ComicCon 2016, page 318 off Social Media thread)
-- Per MG, there will be another Laurel bike-fight scene in 415.  (MG tweet, page 31 of Spoilers thread)
-- Nyssa might appear in 415? (KL tweet, page 866 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Flashbacks with Taiana and Reiter might be more prominent in this episode? (ER and JA tweets, page 809 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

LoT Crossover Episode with Old Oliver (Star City 2046)
-- Airdate: Feb. 25, 2016.  (ComicBookResources article, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- Synopsis of LoT episode ("Star City 2046") with Old Oliver crossover: "THE TEAM ENCOUNTERS A VERY DIFFERENT OLIVER QUEEN – When a malfunction sends the Waverider crashing into 2046 Star City, our heroes face a startling version of their own future where they never stop Savage (guest star Casper Crump) and never return home. The city is in ruins and overrun by criminals, which thrills Rory (Dominic Purcell). Sara (Caity Lotz) is despondent over the destruction of her home and stunned when she learns what happened to her old friend, Oliver Queen (guest star Stephen Amell).  Steve Shill directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Ray Utarnachitt (#106).  Original airdate 2/25/16."  (ComicBookResources article, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- Promo and extended promo for "Star City 2046" posted.  (LoT promo videos, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- See "DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Visits Star City in 2046" video posted. (DCTV video, page 41 of Spoilers & Speculation thread in LoT forum)

-- See pics from "Star City 2046" episode of LoT posted. (CBR article, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- Pics of old Oliver in "Star City 2046" episode of LoT posted.  (CBR article, page 31 of Spoilers thread, and page 101 of Mind Your Surroundings thread)
-- Pics of Connor Hawke in "Star City 2046 episode of LoT posted. (kalicha12 tumblr post, page 101 of Mind Your Surroundings thread)
-- Pic of burning Smoak Technologies building posted. (MG tweet, page 31 of Spoilers thread, and page 864 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- In "Star City 2046" (LoT episode), SA said that he got to do things he never thought he'd get to do and also they introduce an "absolutely critical character" in the Arrow timeline that they wouldn't have been able to introduce on Arrow. He also said that future Oliver has the "classic goatee" and a view into Oliver's possible future and Star City, "and we get a familiar nemesis, not in the sense that we've seen him before but in a familial sense". (SA panel at Dallas ComicCon 2016, page 318 off Social Media thread)

-- Jamie Andrew Cutler is playing Grant Wilson, Slade Wilson's son (the new Deathstroke). (Den of Geek article, page 32 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) has a heart-to-heart talk with Malcolm (John Barrowman).

The only "heart-to-heart" to talk Thea should have with Malcolm is shoving a sword through his. Donating sperm does not make a father. Mind raping your kid into killing a friend to save yourself, revokes any and all rights to call yourself a father. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 9

I know this would never happen, but I would find it hilariously funny if one of DD's yellow zombie pills was given to Samantha before she was sent to Team Arrow and after everything that is said and done, she goes running back to DD with all info about Team Arrow.  That would show how monumentally stupid Oliver is for letting BM into the lair. 

At this point, I can imagine BM being a meta (being from Central City) with the power of "charm and suggestion" that makes everyone listen to her. I'd say at least that would explain everyone's out of character behavior.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 7

I know this would never happen, but I would find it hilariously funny if one of DD's yellow zombie pills was given to Samantha before she was sent to Team Arrow and after everything that is said and done, she goes running back to DD with all info about Team Arrow.  That would show how monumentally stupid Oliver is for letting BM into the lair. 

At this point, I can imagine BM being a meta (being from Central City) with the power of "charm and suggestion" that makes everyone listen to her. I'd say at least that would explain everyone's out of character behavior.

I would laugh even more if she simply went or contacted DD and told him she could give him all the secret identities of Team Arrow in exchange for her son and then left for good. It would serve them, especially Oliver, right.

• Love 10