Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm assuming that 3.5 will be on his knees. Lots of explaining. Lots of begging. Hope Felicity is given the same respect.

I still think the death is 4x18. I think they are probably in deflect mode right now.

• Love 2

So, does she break up with him or he with her. And you know it will be 3 minutes of him explaining his actions and trying to get the audience and Felicity to buy his 'nobody has it worse than me' point of view. Maybe she will silently put the ring down and get out.

And what exactly should people look forward to after 4x15. Because there doesn't seem to be anything.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

I wonder if Felicity will have minimal screen time in the period they are broken up.  There will be some team scenes I am sure and I know EBR filmed with CR in 4.17.   There might even be scenes with Echo but since the PT board meeting was moved up and the battery was revealed there is no real need for PT scenes.  I know there are other stories to tell with other characters but 4.10 bored me silly.  Green Arrow/Speedy/Black Canary as team focus was snooze worthy IMO.  

My guess is if there are PT scenes they will be to advance Curtis Holt's trajectory to Mr. Terrific.  Echo filmed scenes with SA/DR/PB/KC in 4.17. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 4

Wow for me those are going to be some hard episodes to get through if they're not interacting much. I wonder if the ratings will be about the same, higher, or lower? On one hand I think the ratings might stay the same cause fans will tune in for the slightest glimmer of those 2 interacting, while other fans might wait for the brave souls who did venture on to post scenes of them (if any) on YouTube or Tumblr, or if some fans will just say fuck it just let me know when they get back together. I want the show to succeed but at the same time I want it to it to realize its fans won't suffer dumb ass stunt as well. Does that make sense to anyone else other than myself?

No one needs to remind to wait to see how it may turn out I just need to vent!

BTW wonder if Felicity will get 3.5 minutes of monologue to explain her feelings if that is what Oliver will be doing with that much time. Or will once again her POV not matter.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

SA and EBR not working together much right now? Oh yay more repeat of season 3! I hope to God Felicitys screen time isn't reduced 410 sucked and one big reason was lack of Felicity

Wow for me those are going to be some hard episodes to get through if they're not interacting much. I wonder if the ratings will be about the same, higher, or lower? On one hand I think the ratings might stay the same cause fans will tune in for the slightest glimmer of those 2 interacting, while others will might wait for those brave souls who ventured on to post scenes of them (if any) on YouTube or Tumblr, or if some will just say fuck it let me know when they get back together. I want the show to succeed but at the same time I want it to suffer a little bit for this dumb ass stunt as well. Does that make sense to anyone else other than myself?

No one needs to remind to wait to see how it may turn out I just need to vent!

BTW wonder if Felicity will get 3.5 minutes of monologue to explain her feelings if that is what Oliver will be doing with that much time. Or will once again her POV not matter.

MG said we would get Felicity POV but he's Guggie so I don't know

• Love 1

I wonder if Felicity will have minimal screen time in the period they are broken up.  There will be some team scenes I am sure and I know EBR filmed with CR in 4.17.   There might even be scenes with Echo but since the PT board meeting was moved up and the battery was revealed there is no real need for PT scenes.  I know there are other stories to tell with other characters but 4.10 bored me silly.  Green Arrow/Speedy/Black Canary as team focus was snooze worthy IMO.  

My guess is if there are PT scenes they will be to advance Curtis Holt's trajectory to Mr. Terrific.  Echo filmed scenes with SA/DR/PB/KC in 4.17. 

Let's be honest, Felicity always be plenty of screen time any position with oliver, writers love it, it always the case

What do you guys mean #Poppy and Oliver wouldn't sleep together unless they're gonna die?! He's just been bitten by a shark and probably has an infection and she's not had a wash or a change of clothes in weeks, plus she's just learned that he killed her brother. This is clearly the setting for romance and sexy times. I don't know what you're all talking about.

Im not even sure I believe that they would sleep together if their own lives depended upon it. To save the world or the people on the island perhaps. But both I imagine would choose death over having sex with the other.

• Love 2

I really doubt Oliver's 3.5 minute monologue will have anything to do with O/F's break-up. I bet he makes some speech to the city and it's intercut with scenes of something else. So we'll see Felicity with her mom upset after the break-up, and then maybe Samantha and William hugging/playing happy family now that they're reunited..etc etc...

I hope Oliver's 3.5 minute monologue is over a montage.  SA's acting has improved over the series but I don't think he could hold my interest for that long. He's no Tom Hiddleston.

I hope that s3 taught them that the audience doesn't like it when Diggle ignores Felicity's side to wholly support Oliver but I doubt it. They're going to need someone well-liked to give Oliver a bit of justification in The Lie.

If Diggle dies (although I don't think it's him), let's be clear -- it's not DD or MM who killed Diggle, it's MG.

I wonder if perhaps the visit from MG and WM was to tell the actors that weren't dying and whoever is in the Grave would have been filled in before.  Anyone recall one of our regulars visiting the Writer's Offices around four weeks ago?   

I don't think remember that.

If the actor is a regular, I think they deserve a courtesy visit. But I don't see why the other cast members who are staying need to be told in person two weeks after the designated sacrificial victim.

While getting paralyzed and becoming a pill popping drunk aren't the same. I would say Laurel had it plenty bad during s2 while she was spiraling down. She had to spend almost half a season dealing with it before even being able to pick her life up. It is a bittersweet thing that Felicity doesn't have to spend half a season spiraling but instead is able to take control of what happened her and still able to be happy go lucky.

That's true, but the problem is that this was a situation Laurel caused herself. Even for Quentin, while he was the one who pushed Dinah away, Sara dying and the Dollmaker weren't of his making. Malcolm caused Oliver's five years in hell, Malcolm+Ra's caused Thea's stabbing and subsequent problems, the war and Andy's death caused Diggle's crucible and DD had his men shoot Felicity.

If Laurel hadn't rejected Tommy, she wouldn't have felt so guilty at his death.  That's why it's never going to be the same

I discovered it does bother me, but not because of Olicity but because Poppy and Oliver in a sexual situation feels icky.  On her side, he's her brother's killer and her only hope of survival so it feels like both punishment and payment.  Same on Oliver's side.  There's been no sign of any attraction and given that he did kill her brother and he now feels obligated to her, it also feels like he'd be feeling obligated.  It's just messed up.

That's a good point. There's no real consent if her life is dependent on making sure he's okay.

And we still don't know which episode is the flashback one, and I neeeeds to know which Wednesday I'll be free for drinks with friends.

I wondered if maybe they weren't doing one this year.  4.15 has Vixen. 4.16 is Cupid/Wedding dream or hallucination as well as Laurel facing Darhk in court.   

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

I hope Oliver's 3.5 minute monologue is over a montage.  SA's acting has improved over the series but I don't think he could hold my interest for that long. He's no Tom Hiddleston.

I hope that s3 taught them that the audience doesn't like it when Diggle ignores Felicity's side to wholly support Oliver but I doubt it. They're going to need someone well-liked to give Oliver a bit of justification in The Lie.

If Diggle dies (although I don't think it's him), let's be clear -- it's not DD or MM who killed Diggle, it's MG.

I don't think remember that.

If the actor is a regular, I think they deserve a courtesy visit. But I don't see why the other cast members who are staying need to be told in person two weeks after the designated sacrificial victim.

That's true, but the problem is that this was a situation Laurel caused herself. Even for Quentin, while he was the one who pushed Dinah away, Sara dying and the Dollmaker weren't of his making. Malcolm caused Oliver's five years in hell, Malcolm+Ra's caused Thea's stabbing and subsequent problems, the war and Andy's death caused Diggle's crucible and DD had his men shoot Felicity.

If Laurel hadn't rejected Tommy, she wouldn't have felt so guilty at his death.  That's why it's never going to be the same

That's a good point. There's no real consent if her life is dependent on making sure he's okay.

She had survivors guilt, it isn't something I really blame her for. No one knew that Malcolm was going to blow up the city.

In a biblical nod, three people told Laurel to stay out of the Glades that day and she still went in, which led to Tommy dying.  But technically, everyone who survived would have had survivor's guilt. It was only Oliver and Laurel who knew how much they had betrayed Tommy through their own actions, and only Laurel who then realized that she lost the love of her life.

Topic -- and yet, MG argued for Laurel's actions as being a good thing.  Just as he's arguing that Oliver had no choice but to lie to Felicity.  Sometimes, I just don't get his thought processes at all.

• Love 2

Hmmm....all of these upcoming episodes sound like must avoid TV, and we're going to lose the Olicity dynamic for some foreseeable future (and therefore also lose OTA.) Excellent! Year of the Diggle best start soon so I have any reason at all to tune in. 

• Love 13

So primarily IMO the biggest problems with Arrow seems to be its show-runners and the direction they keep writing the show toward. That direction IMO is never let Oliver maintain happiness without equal suffering and never let him grow up (as  far as learning from his past mistakes or lapses of judgment). So to sum it up the source of most of Arrow's shortcomings when they happen belong mainly to Marc Guggenheim and Wendy Mericle hmm?

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

I really doubt Oliver's 3.5 minute monologue will have anything to do with O/F's break-up. I bet he makes some speech to the city and it's intercut with scenes of something else. So we'll see Felicity with her mom upset after the break-up, and then maybe Samantha and William hugging/playing happy family now that they're reunited..etc etc...

I agree. I wonder if it will be a speech to the city. And they will intercut scenes of others. I imagine there will need to be damage control after the debate. I hope it had nothing to do with the break-up. O/F need to have a conversation, nobody needs to have a monologue about what OQ did, least of all OQ.

IIRC, SA said at HVFF NJ that there was an emotional scene at the end of 4.15 and that Olicity fans wouldn't like it.  Sounds to me like Oliver pleading his case perhaps.  The question is who is he pleading his case to - Felicity or Baby Mama?

Edited by Sunshine

Maybe after ALL the shit he puts Felicity through in this episode his 3.5 monologue involves him begging Samantha to some how let him still be a part of William's life or maybe the realization that he won't be a part of his life in any capacity. I'm sure he wants to get to know his son but damn he's the primary reason he was put in danger. So yeah I'm sure everyone by the end of the episode will just want William and Samantha far away from Star City, Felicity and Oliver. Any continued contact Oliver might think he could have with that kid would continue to put the child in danger. Maybe its a combination of that, Felicity giving him the ring and wheeling away, the Team looking at him like you a fool and anything else he might rightly be deserving by the episode end. I'm really not feeling too sympathetic about what Oliver may be going through (yes I know its the writers fault but he's the vessel that has to deliver their horrible writing) but more what the ones who loves him will be going through! 

It's probably a heart to heart with the BM.

"I want to be a part of our sons life. Yours too."

I can almost guarantee if those words crossed Oliver's lips there is no amount of damage control or spinning they could do to get a portion of their fans to return for the next episode. Also, that seems like that would be sort of like a Nikita and Michael rip off story line IMO (besides these writers are not good enough to pull that story line off like Nikita did IMO). Those words are like committing show suicide IMO!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

I wondered if maybe they weren't doing one this year. 4.15 has Vixen. 4.16 is Cupid/Wedding dream or hallucination as well as Laurel facing Darhk in court.

Shame it's not the digging episode, that sounds riveting.

• Love 5

Well, if 4.15 should prove to be THE FLASHBACK episode maybe it's a declaration of love to Poppy and how he's never loved anyone like he loves her.  She lights his way, etc,  No in show basis but you never know!

I was just thinking that last year at this time, Felicity was sleeping with Ray and Oliver was ignoring her with the help of Diggle.  At a con, SA told a fan to hang on for 3x20.

This year, at this point they're happily in love and getting married, and SA is apologizing for what's coming up.

I'm not looking forward to the split and the kid and baby mama drama at all but over all, I'd rather be in this place than the one a year ago.

• Love 9

Breaking this down so I can hang onto my sanity.

4-14  - The last episode with any happiness.  It's my impression that it will probably end with a the William secret out but no time for anything more than a couple hurt looks between Oliver and Felicity.  

4-15 - Mostly running around to save William.  Ends in break up

Two week hiatus.

4-16  "Broken Hearts"  Watch Oliver mope until Cupid does something that will be like twisting the knife.  If we're really lucky, we get an Olicity hallucination wedding that vid makers will quickly cut into their masterpieces. 

4-17  "Beacon of Hope"  Somewhere in this episode there HAS to be at least one tiny moment that tells me why I should hang on...right?  Is this Laure's a Lawyer episode?  I can't remember.

4-18  "Eleven Fifty Nine"  Maybe the death episode but certainly a Lance episode of some kind. 

One week hiatus.

4-19 ?  I'm putting my money on this being the episode that answers who is in the grave but maybe the aftermath doesn't happen until 4-20?  All I know it that there is no shot in hell of anykind of an Olicity reconciliation before the dumb grave scene so now I'm kind of desperate to get it over so I can start hoping for something better. 

Right now it looks like TWO MONTHS of guaranteed angst and pain (including the hiatuses) and some new version of Palmer island before anything has any hope to really change for the better. 

Oh these are dark days ahead. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

And what exactly should people look forward to after 4x15. Because there doesn't seem to be anything.

Are you kidding? There's Lawyer Laurel! 

Seriously though, I'm hoping to see more on the Diggle front.

• Love 1

I think after episode 14, I'm just going to watch the Felicity/some Olicity scenes from Olicity Queen's youtube page. If anyone can find a youtube page that posts Diggle videos please send them over! I'll most likely start watching full episodes again for 420. 

• Love 1

Can I just say in honor of this Valentine's Day... I'm so **excited** that I get to look fwd to 2 whole months of unnecessary pain & angst related to one of the most organic pairings I have seen on TV in a long while. Thanks MG & WM! Happy V-Day! :) **sarcasm**

The break-up wouldn't even be that bad if I knew the show could function without O/F together. But the show just doesn't work when O/F are not allowed to interact. We have experienced that pain, looking at you s3. OQ doesn't learn because the writers never learn. Hopefully, things will improve in s5. S4a integrated some of the constructive criticism so there is hope... baby steps.

I have watched TV for many years and have lived through many break-ups, will they/won't they, make-ups & couplings. I have been able to deal with it in the past. But its been a long time since I've been a fan of a show where the pairing of two characters can make or break the show. It's not that O/F need to be together. It's that they need to interact with each other & not in a hostile negative way. The chemistry between them just makes the scenes better & smoothes some of the writing's rough edges. It doesn't even have to be romantic, even when they were just work partners in s1, it made the show better. Without O/F, we can't really have OTA. And without O/F & OTA ~ ARROW becomes a very bleak show to watch. Not a dramatically dark for narrative purposes show. But a blackhole devoid of entertainment value.

So yeah, not looking fwd to the next 2 months.... on the plus side no Palmer Island this year :) I may not enjoy Curtis but I find him at least tolerable.

• Love 7

Curtis will be Palmer Island 2.0 but the Palmer is just Palmer Tech.  Probably from 4-16 at least through the death.    Or maybe one of those episodes will be Donna heavy.  That would help me.  Actually I want a Donna/Quentin heavy episode.  I need the comedy.   

I wonder what our odd are of them letting Felicity walk this year?  I thought perhaps that to distract us/me from the pain of the break up they might give her legs back but that's not the vibe I'm getting if SA and EBR aren't even working together much (aka only Team related business).

Tbh I'm not that worried about the break up.From the moment we knew he lied and would be lying for months its was obvious it was happening so i guess I had time to prepare.And from the moment they got together I thought there would be a break up at one point for sure.I was n't expecting it this season but I also wasn't expecting a proposal either so breaking them up before they get married isn't that suprising.

I don't mind the angst,I didn't mind it that much last season either tbh.I thought we got some good scenes out of it and I liked pining Oliver lol.I did hate that the whole season was so depressing,if it wasn't I don't think the olicity angst would have been as hard to take.I'm just hoping we get a different kind of angst this time,with Oliver not being so passive and resigned that its all over now.

I don't think SA saying they don't work as much together lately means we just get them totally separated.I'm sure there are fewer solo scenes between them but I think olicity will be focused on a lot during their break up.I also think SA kinda said it as an excuse for whatever reason they haven't done that video,since they didn't do one even when they had most of their scenes with each other earlier in the season so I'm not too worried about that comment.

What I really need to happen soon is Felicity walking.I would like at least one good thing for her if she has to deal with this as well.I think walking by 4.15 is still an option because I do think they might want to soften the blow of the break up with that.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 4

Curtis will be Palmer Island 2.0 but the Palmer is just Palmer Tech.  Probably from 4-16 at least through the death.    Or maybe one of those episodes will be Donna heavy.  That would help me.  Actually I want a Donna/Quentin heavy episode.  I need the comedy.   

I wonder what our odd are of them letting Felicity walk this year?  I thought perhaps that to distract us/me from the pain of the break up they might give her legs back but that's not the vibe I'm getting if SA and EBR aren't even working together much (aka only Team related business).

A Donna heavy episode would be nice.

Knowing these writers, OQ will be the one that finds a cure to her ability to walk. He will give her ability to walk again and that will be how they get back together in post 420. I think the odds of her walking by the finale are good. They have got the Oracle plot out of their system. So they just need some time to milk the drama of FS wheeling around with a broken heart, but I doubt they want to be saddled with her in a wc. It will probably be after the funeral though, because the imagery of FS having to wheel up to the casket is angst gold for these writers.

Then again, regaining one's ability to walk is a happy thing, so maybe it will happen during the summer hiatus when ARROW is allowed to be happy. FS will just walk into a the opening scene of s5. Surprise! I can walk again.

Edited by kismet

I'm more inclined to think that the resolution of the paralysis might happen in the finale.

Would they spare the 10 min or so that they will probably spend on it to take away from the "epic" & "once-in-a-lifetime" stunt spectacular that their finales have become to spend time on an emotional character based story?

I think its optimistic to think they value the story that much that they will place it in the finale. Logically, I think your idea is great since it is a finale-esque story. But realistically, her recovery is not a critical part of OQ's journey nor is it exciting or action heavy. Also, she is not a masked hero, so I can see it getting bumped to 422.

• Love 4

I think they like to keep the last 3 eps action heavy and like to include Felicity in that.She got a big part of the action and got to go out into the field in 20-23 in season 2 and season 3.Thats also when they like to showcase OTA after ignoring it for a while every season.I don't see them keeping her in a wheelchair during that final arc because that would seriously sideline her.Also don't see her getting cured in 4.18 because I think thats the death episode for sure or 4.19 which is the aftermath probably.I really think they'll do it before 4.18.

• Love 2

What I really need to happen soon is Felicity walking.I would like at least one good thing for her if she has to deal with this as well.I think walking by 4.15 is still an option because I do think they might want to soften the blow of the break up with that.

This is seriously all I care about at this point. I really need Felicity walking again ASAP.

• Love 4

Since they've already completed the 'Save Palmer Tech' storyline, maybe her post break-up / away from Oliver story will involve her walking again. I hope so, because I'm beyond ready to see her out of the wheelchair.

Also, if SA and EBR haven't been filming together much and she's back on Palmer Tech Island at least it will be easy to just catch up with her stuff and cut out the rest of the stories/characters I'm not interested in. Silver lining!

• Love 1

Remember last season was Depressing yet the ratings were good which is baffling. For those Fakata writers to change it up the ratings probably have to drop. Olicity being broken up and them not working together is just what makes the show great NOT!! Diggle possibly telling Oliver to keep BM drama to himself angers me. This is Supposed to be Diggle and Felicitys season yet we get more Laurel YAY NOT! More Depression! Oliver being stupid and not Growing cause Guggie gets a boner over Oliver Regressing! Lazy Uneeded Drama between a Couple that JUST WORKS!

Diggle possibly telling Oliver to keep BM drama to himself angers me. 

I'm still waiting for a video of the whole panel, but the wording in this panel recap makes me think that won't necessarily play like that.

Stephen said that the William lie will come back to bite Oliver in the butt. Diggle will definitely have some commentary on it. Felicity will definitely find out about the kid this season. The potential fallout / break up “ They will handle it like adults.”

It seems at least as likely that Diggle will go, Boy, have you lost your mind? I thought I taught you better than that over the past few years. [sigh.] Back to the drawing board. Get a pen and paper, there will be a pop quiz later.