Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Am I wrong in thinking the reason the network or the PR department doesn't do much Felicity promoting is because they are trying to redirect the flow of interest to other characters? Wait..wait.. hear me out now. Right now I think Felicity is either equal to or possibly surpasses Oliver in likability and popularity (what it's not beyond the realm of possibility). I'm sure a lot of fans wait around for the clips, dialogue teases, comic tease to see how much Felicity is in them (am I wrong?) So maybe just maybe this is their way of balancing the character field. I personally know as soon as I saw the clip of Felicity and her father it was the first time I got really excited about the episode tonight. So CW Network, PR Department, Stephen himself and others have come out to promote the LoA story line for tonight and I have no interest other than hoping it ALL ENDS tonight! The show is named "Arrow" and I am thankful for Stephen and what he's done without him there would be no show. But I truly think there are lots of fans who are just as thankful for Emily as Felicity (and what she brings to Olicity) as they are for Stephen. You all can come at me now lol! All of this is definitely my opinion.

img-1115814-1-Come%20at%20me%20bro%203.g

• Love 1

There does feel like there's something more going on because why did Nyssa even involve Oliver at this point? She could have just gone after Malcolm herself. It's strange that she asked him to kill him for her. 

Also, if Felicity is aware of who her father is, why is she inviting him to Palmer Tech? We know from promo pictures that he ends up there at some point. Strange to take your evil dad to your place of work where he could, you know, steal things.

Also, if Felicity is aware of who her father is, why is she inviting him to Palmer Tech? We know from promo pictures that he ends up there at some point. Strange to take your evil dad to your place of work where he could, you know, steal things.

Maybe she doesn't invite him, and he just shows up? Or maybe she finds out what kind of crime he was involved in and that Donna maybe fudged it to be worse than it was, so she tries to make a go of having a relationship with him thinking he wouldn't steal from her? And then is probably 100% let down by him. 

• Love 1

I know he just said that he stayed away because he was protecting Felicity and her mom (lies!) but I actually really hope that Felicity's dad is just an evil bastard and they don't try and make him out to be someone who cares for his daughter, the way they're doing with Malcolm/Thea. 

Maybe I remember it wrong but wasn't there an interview that said he does care? I might remember it wrong. As for Malcolm, the show is trying to tell us how much he cares but in my opinion, he rarely really did anything to prove that. He loves himself more than he loves her, at least that is how I see it.

But it is strange to me how a clip with just Felicity and her father got me more excited than any of the other promos with all the comic book galore.... 

I am excited for that storyline at least. Not again Thea dying, Malcolm and Oliver using the League to get her out of it. I'd be honestly very shocked if MM were to die tonight. My money is on Nyssa or nobody. 

Also, again, why does everyone assume Oliver has what it takes to actually kill Malcolm. All season long he wasn't the best fighter but now he is all of sudden so good again that everyone just tells him to kill MM like it is a walk in the park. I really don't get that. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4

I would love it if her father just hacked the security and walked right in.

She becomes the CEO of a major company (with a heavy influence in tech), becomes paralyzed after an attack and Papa doesn't bat an eyelash. But she kicks his butt in the cyber world and he comes knocking. If they forgo the Malcolm-style father tactics and treat this relationship honestly, it could be hella entertaining.

Re: Bike fighting.

Is Laurel going to joust?

• Love 4

Quentin Lance sighting! 

All this is doing is proving even more that the 'him' they have to kill in the flash forward is Malcolm. Oliver clearly doesn't do it in this episode and he'll eventually reach the point where he has no choice. Not sure why someone else has to die for him to figure it out but okay, show! LOL.

Edited by Guest

I am so impressed with Felicity being badass on calling her father out for his desertion.  "Petty crime, anything else would require commitment."

And now we know that not only did he leave when she was 8, Star City has 8,000 inhabitants.  (That seems really small to me, more like a town, although more than MM killing 504.)

Ha, maybe it's a kiss between Malcolm and Oliver to seal some kind of stupid ass deal.

Thus giving Barrowman everything he wants.  Can he go away now?  I don't mind Malcolm recurring but I'm so tired of him being the A plot.

Given that Dad said he only made himself known to Felicity because he found out that she was the one who almost beat him (didn't she actually beat him, though?),

No, he managed to detonate the bomb and Team Arrow had to blow up the timer.

I am psyched because Felicity's father is actually smart. He figures out her secret identity! Almost no one does that on this show. We've got Moira and possibly Slade. Although Slade did posses insider knowledge about Oliver's abilities. So, if Dad turns out to be in Moira Queen's class, I could not be more thrilled.

Also, that 'I can't believe they went there' hint from MG about the episode...Nyssa probably has to marry Malcolm now. I don't see them killing Nyssa (yet) but I'm trying to link how her marriage to Oliver plays a part in all this and yuck, it's totally something this show would do. What's a little switching husbands on this show?

I'm kind of joking but also I'm not?

I would not be all that surprised if you turn up to be right. If she has a knife at his throat for the foreseeable future, this could be it. She'd be close to him and the danger would be constant. You know, if Ra's didn't marry her to Oliver last season, I'd actually think this was a clever twist. But as it is it's is Nyssa actually going to be forced to marry a man again? Maybe this time it won't be forced but her choice.

I feel this is a valid spec, also in connection to SA's tweet. Obviously no one of the three mentioned (Malcolm, Thea, Nyssa) dies but this could change the ball game for the League. And preferably take it to NP home pitch.

There does feel like there's something more going on because why did Nyssa even involve Oliver at this point? She could have just gone after Malcolm herself. It's strange that she asked him to kill him for her. 

I guess she's working on the same assumption as Dig - Oliver's the only person to beat Malcolm. I guess.

And now we know that not only did he leave when she was 8, Star City has 8,000 inhabitants.  (That seems really small to me, more like a town, although more than MM killing 504.)

Heh. No. That's what The Calculator's immediate plan comprised, I guess he's not well versed enough in the city's populace to know that all of them would have died from lack of electricity. My God, they were lucky to survive that power outage in 3x05. But the city had around half of million inhabitants at the end of season 2 when Waller ordered a drone strike. I know people have been leaving in droves since, but the number hasn't fallen by such a big percetange.

• Love 4

Ha, maybe it's a kiss between Malcolm and Oliver to seal some kind of stupid ass deal. 

Otherwise, I can't see what else they would do that would be OH SO SURPRISING that most of fandom hadn't already figured out. Even resurrecting Moira, Tommy, or Robert wouldn't be wholly surprising. 

Hey! Maybe Laurel has to marry Malcolm! HA!!! Now that I WOULD not see coming.

I'm gonna be mad if I get a MM & OQ kiss!! All I wanted last year was a MM & Ras kiss to explain their tension.... It's a small irritation in the bigger picture - but still.

Agree with the rest of your predictions :)

• Love 1

I don't think this is Malcolm part 2 either, at least I hope not. That clip definitely gave the impression that he probably would have left the city if he hadn't discovered who she was. 

Didn't watch the clip... but to me it does seem like they are doing something different with Calculator. It seems like he is only invested in the relationship to use FS for something. I don't think he came to SC for FS, she just happened to be a complication that he might turn into an advantage. MM actually came back for TQ twice, once to confront MQ & the other time to save her. It's misdirected complicated love, but in his own twisted way the writers do make it seem like MM does love TQ. He loves himself more for sure. However, I believe that they are gonna go a different route where Calculator is going to use FS, he might "love" her but that has nothing to do with why he is sticking around or why he ever comes back in future seasons.

Edited by kismet

Echo Kellum had mentioned a drunk Felicity scene at some point - it would be really great to end the episode with Felicity, Thea, and Nyssa hanging out to start an Evil Dad's club.  Definitely a great way to end the episode before doom and gloom starts after this week.

• Love 3

Echo Kellum had mentioned a drunk Felicity scene at some point - it would be really great to end the episode with Felicity, Thea, and Nyssa hanging out to start an Evil Dad's club.  Definitely a great way to end the episode before doom and gloom starts after this week.

A bachelorette party maybe?

• Love 1

The only thing that would shock me is if Laurel and Nyssa make out all of a sudden. 

Would it really? I mean, given the show's sibling swapping history.

I can't remember if he said that would be happening or if it was more along the lines of a fan tweeting him about it and him replying a drunk Felicity could be fun?

Just saw Stephen's multiple choice tweet. My first instinct was to pick "none of the above." If they kill Nyssa, though, I'm pretty sure there will be backlash about how Arrow kills off its strong female characters, etc., which just makes Pleather Parakeet even safer.

The only clip that has intrigued me so far is the one with Felicity and her dad. Yeah, I want more of that!

I like Katrina Law but I just want Nyssa, the LOA, Malcolm, to go far, far away and never come back. Somebody on Twitter posted last night about how it's really the "Green Arrow" because they recycled the LOA story line :P

• Love 4

Okay my serious prediction is that Nyssa does, in fact, get control of the League somehow and Malcolm either goes back into hiding again (because I don't think Nyssa will rest until he's dead) or he joins forces with Damien or something, simply because he can't be without power (though we won't find out until 415 or whatever). It's such a game changer guys! *Snort*

Edited by Guest
 Somebody on Twitter posted last night about how it's really the "Green Arrow" because they recycled the LOA story line :P

That's hysterical!! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - a very eco-friendly show. We have been saying for awhile the show has a wash, rinse, repeat method. Guess we forgot to make the green connection. 

I got the impression that he meant the sleepy-deprived, junk-food-fueled Felicity from 4x06.

Okay my serious prediction is that Nyssa does, in fact, get control of the League somehow and Malcolm either goes back into hiding again (because I don't think Nyssa will rest until he's dead) or he joins forces with Damien or something, simply because he can't be without power (though we won't find out until 415 or whatever). It's such a game changer guys! *Snort*

I think he does lose control of the LOA or it is split between Nyssa and Malcolm. The quote about Nyssa having a knife to Malcolm's throat indicates to me she is in some position of power.

• Love 1

I think he does lose control of the LOA or it is split between Nyssa and Malcolm. The quote about Nyssa having a knife to Malcolm's throat indicates to me she is in some position of power.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gives up power (intentionally loses a fight or something of the like) as part of some larger scale plan that will make everyone look like morons. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Charlotte Ross has said that Felicity's father is not nice and possibly cruel, that he didn't treat Donna well and really screwed her over, that he didn't care about Donna or Felicity growing up, and that he wasn't supportive of them and maybe even mean:

-- CR: "I think that we've all been interested for a really long time to find out who this man is. Obviously, I've said a few things about him that he deserted me and Felicity, and I was a single mom, and it was really hard. He didn’t leave us in a very nice way. I've also alluded to the fact that not only is he not nice, but he could possible be cruel, so we've kind of built up these ideas and these pictures of who this man could be." (ETonline article, page 26 of Spoilers thread)
-- CR: "The producers have said that they are looking into that. As you know, Donna has said that he left them. It’s pretty obvious that he didn’t treat her well and really screwed her over. To the degree of how bad or how evil he is, we don’t know, but he didn’t care about Donna or his daughter growing up, at all." (Collider article, page 26 of Spoilers thread)
-- CR: "I know that I've said a bit about the fact that obviously he left us, and I raised her as a single mom, and he didn't treat me well. And to the extent of how bad and how mean he was, we're not sure, but obviously, he wasn't supportive and he wasn't caring toward us, and maybe even mean." (ComicBookResources article, page 26 of Spoilers thread)

However, Wendy Mericle has not definitively said whether or not Felicity's father cares about her, but has said that he's not a devoted father and that Felicity being in the public eye is what put her back on his radar, and that he's a complicated character:

-- On whether her father has been keeping tabs on Felicity, WM: "The fact that she goes through what she goes through and has to deal with this disability and the wheelchair, we feel like that really put her in the public eye and put her back on her father’s radar... I would say he has not been for most of her life, only in the past few months. It’s sad to say, but he’s not a devoted father! You’ll see a bit more of that [next week], his reasons for doing what he did. But he’s a complicated character." (TVLine article, page 30 of Spoilers thread)

WM has also said that Felicity's father is evil and up to no good, but also has a lot of kindness and malice:

-- WM: "We are going to bring her father in. He will definitely be evil. He's going to be up to no good, but it's not going to be Damien, unfortunately. Great idea though. Huge props to everyone there. That's amazing." (ComicBook articles, page 24 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether the Calculator is Felicity's father, WM: "“Definitely tune in... We are very excited about this character. He does have a connection to Felicity. We’re just really thrilled. Tom Amandes has been amazing in the role and is bringing a lot of kindness and a lot of malice to this character.” (EW article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)

WM has said outright that Donna wants nothing to do with Felicity's father, but Felicity will be conflicted:

-- WM: "Well, Donna will be very clear — she knows who he is and what he’s capable of, and she wants nothing to do with him. But Felicity, we really wanted to play the real of someone who is in her twenties and really has not known their father, and what kind of emotions would that bring up for somebody in her position. I think she’s really conflicted. She wants to believe that her father loves her and that he has a vested interest in who she is and knowing her and having a relationship with her, and she feels very torn about that — even though she knows right off that bat, at the top of [next episode], who he really is." (TVLine article, page 30 of Spoilers thread)

WM has also implied that Donna has not been completely forthcoming with Felicity about her father:

-- WM: "One of the ways we were most intrigued by with that storyline was with respect to her mother. What does Felicity learn about herself through this flash from the past, so to speak. What does her mother know? What does that dynamic look like? She was very young when he left and she doesn’t really remember  -  she remembers the abandonment but she doesn’t know who he is aside from what her mother’s told her. There’s going to be a lot of emotional tension and some pretty big questions that she’s going to want to get answered." (ETonline article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)

WM has made it clear that they want to keep Felicity's father around going forward into S5 (this also implies that Damian Darhk will not be around in S5):

-- On why they decided not to make DD her father, WM: "You know, we did talk about it, and being perfectly honest, we knew Andy Diggle was going to be working with H.I.V.E. and with Damien, so we felt that if we had every relative of our core teamArrow Season 4 Spoilers somehow involved with H.I.V.E. it would feel very “Tiny Town,” very coincidental. It was purely a choice based on that. It kind of narrowed the scope of the world too much, and we felt it was better to find an organic way to bring in Felicity’s father. The other piece is that if it was Damien or tied to H.I.V.E., it would make it harder to bring him back, say, in Season 5... And also it’d be very close to Thea’s discovery [about her own father, Malcolm]. There were a lot of things we felt we had skirted and done before, and we didn’t want to repeat stories." (TVLine article, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- On how long Tom Amandes will be around, WM: "We love him. He’s one of those rare actors who can be both menacing and really warm and kind and fatherly, so we would love to keep him around as long as possible. It’s just a question of us having a lot of other fish to fry this season. But our goal would be to have him play a part in Felicity’s life going forward." (TVLine article, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The way KL keeps talking about the scene and the way KC was playing Laurel around Nyssa in 3x21. It really won't surprise me if they tease it in some way or another. I just hope they don't go there.

No. No no no no. They can't do the sister swapping again. I refuse!

La la la la la la not listening!

Edited by Guest

I think KC had mentioned recently that she really wanted Laurel to be bi.  I guess she really wants Laurel to be just like her sister.  Ugh.

Maybe LL dies by having TQ shoot her in a bloodlust rage to be heroic. That way she can die the same way SL did as well... only this time she forgets that there is no LP and Nyssa lied about the lotus.

If LL does stick around, I wonder when she will start to complain that she can not travel through time as well. Honestly, she seemed a little jealous of BA being able to reset time.

I don't think they'll do the sister-swapping thing again.  At most, tonight's much-hyped scene between Nyssa and Laurel will probably just hint at some romantic undertones...

From the Access Hollywood interview with Katrina Law (posted in the Media thread):

"Let me just say that I love my scenes with Sara Lance -- with Caity Lotz. I love them because of [the] two strong females, but at the same time, it's still a love relationship and it's about love and a proper relationship. The thing that I love about the Laurel Lance character and Nyssa is that it's about friendship and it is so rare to find two strong females that are on television that actually are friends, even if it's a bizarre friendship, that have respect for each other, who are willing to help each other out and can talk about something other than men. So I'm so happy to be a part of that, and working with Katie Cassidy is just beautiful," Katrina said.
"We have a beautiful scene coming up in this next episode where she and I are having a chat and there's so many levels to it and the writers did such a beautiful job of hitting all these different levels and I think the 'Lauryssa' fans… I think they're going to be very happy to see the scene," she said.
Edited by tv echo

Honest to gods...the idea of Lauryssa makes me sick. I cannot fathom any good reason for them to be friends much less anything else. UGH HATE IT.

How has Nyssa not killed Laurel already? Seriously. I mean JFC, Laurel is the one that stole her girlfriend's life, dug her out of the ground and took her to Nanda Parbat and put her in the Lazarus Pit.

Now what I COULD buy is Nyssa being so fucked up from Sara's demise and resurrection that she's vicariously carrying out her relationship with Sara through Laurel. And it would be the final piece of Laurel stealing Sara's life.

• Love 3

While she couldn't dish on exactly why the fights in "Sins of the Father" will be "surprising," Katrina said "Arrow" fans should check out her social media account after the episode.

"John Barrowman and I are going to have a surprise for everyone after 'Arrow' airs," she said, adding she will be posting a video on her Instagram.

I'm going to laugh if they really do get married.

But now I'm wondering if MM does die but Darhk revives him or something.

• Love 1

James Bamford said that the two surprise guests on next week's episode will be revealed after tonight's episode. (I can't seem to link the tweet for some reason.)

Did we know there were two surprise guests in 414?