Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Malcolm throws Laurel off a roof.  His robes get tangled in her buckles. Win-Win

I almost choked on my soup, LOL! Thanks! I hate Malcolm, but I'd rather keep JB because he at least can make Malcolm entertaining at times. Kill Laurel. Then ask the Winchester boys to come over and salt the body and burn it.

• Love 4

Just a straw poll for my own curiosity.  

Would you rather Laurel kill Malcolm or Malcolm kill Laurel?

I literally was going to propose the similar poll today, but got busy at work! I was gonna ask would people rather see the show kill off MM or LL? You only get one and the living one gets to remain for all of s5.

For your poll, I'd rather LL be dead, MM could do it. But any tragic sacrificial killing would do for me.

• Love 1

Definitely kill Laurel. Malcolm can swoop in periodically and twirl his metaphorical mustache, but I feel with Laurel gone that Thea (and possibly Lance) could be integrated into the team dynamic. The Thea/Digg drug deal makes me think that an OTA plus Thea dynamic would be a good one, and give her something other than be a pawn for Malcolm. I'm also convinced the fight scenes would improve, and I would go on Twitter and compliment Marc G on his game changer.

• Love 8

How did we jump to assume that she will leave with her father?

It was a theory I had formed before season 4 even started based mostly on me having watched a LOT of TV.  I was trying to figure out the next ship stall.

Hope he has a good dental plan. 

• Love 2

It was a theory I had formed before season 4 even started based mostly on me having watched a LOT of TV.  I was trying to figure out the next ship stall.

Oh, I know you had this theory going, it just looked like it was a given all of a sudden and I thought I had missed some indication that confirmed it. :)

• Love 1

Oh, I know you had this theory going, it just looked like it was a given all of a sudden and I thought I had missed some indication that confirmed it. :)

Nope, not backed up by even a tiny bit of evidence.  Last year I had at least an aborted comment SA made at a convention (he cut himself off before he finished his thought) after the first episode had aired, so my wild theory last season about him deciding to be just Oliver Queen actually had in show reason (sort of).  This year it's pure whistling in the dark. 

That photo EBR posted of Charlotte is definitely on the hospital set.

Source

Ca037f3UUAAca-b.jpg

It's also the same outfit she wore in her onset photo with Willa and the video with EBR and Echo. So I guess Oliver ends up in the hospital in 4x17. I assumed he would be fighting for his life in the lair. 

• Love 1

SA's posted something along the lines of "It's not a season of Arrow unless I'm fighting for my life shirtless on an exam table." I don't see it on his Twitter feed anymore though.

ETA: It's there, I just didn't go back far enough. He posted it a week ago.

It's not a season of Arrow until I'm shirtless on an exam table fighting for my life.

Source

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1

If Oliver does end up in hospital, @apinknightmare's 'final destination death comes to everyone' theory is looking even more likely. LOL. I love it.

I've accepted apinknightmare's theory for a while now.  But SA is also right. Season 1 there was Oliver crashing in The Odyssey, season 2 gave us Barry saving him in Three Ghosts, season 3 had him not exactly on an exam table but in Tatsu's hut. Really, if this is happening only in episode 17, he's behind schedule.

Taking it back to tonight's episode, I have the bad feeling it will be another case like "Public Enemy", where everyone else is involved in the main action - which sadly it appears to be the LoA stuff - and Felicity is on her own, dealing with her stuff. I'm keeping an open mind about it, but I wish this weren't the case.

• Love 6

Oliver's there with her in the loft, and she's with the team in the lair so she shouldn't be that cut off.

I'm also surprised to see the stairs leading down to the lair. I wonder where they come out.

Oliver's there with her in the loft, and she's with the team in the lair so she shouldn't be that cut off.

I'm also surprised to see the stairs leading down to the lair. I wonder where they come out.

Yeah, well, she had a scene with the Team in Public Enemy as well :/ But I hope it won't be that extreme. Keeping my expectations low just in case!

Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim  2m2 minutes ago

"I can't believe they went there." - Everyone after tonight's Arrow @MericlesHappen @ketomizu @BenSokolowski @Team_Barrowman @katrinalaw

So, Nyssa's going to bite it, yeah? I *really* wouldn't believe they went there if she beat/killed Malcolm, so that's obviously not happening, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

So, Nyssa's going to bite it, yeah? I *really* wouldn't believe they went there if she beat/killed Malcolm, so that's obviously not happening, haha. 

I doubt Nyssa dies, we know KL filmed as Nyssa for 415 and they said that Nyssa was going to have a knife to Malcolm's back for the rest of this season...stupid LoA plot.

*g* why do i have the feeling that MG is over-hyping as usual?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

I doubt Nyssa dies, we know KL filmed as Nyssa for 415 and they said that Nyssa was going to have a knife to Malcolm's back for the rest of this season...stupid LoA plot.

*g* why do i have the feeling that MG is over-hyping as usual?

Yeah, like I wrote above, I hadn't read anything about any continuing LoA power-struggle storylines. Or maybe I had and blocked it, because I had hoped the LoA mess was finished last season. 

I'm sure he's overhyping. I can't think of anything they'd actually do that would surprise me, at least not in a good way. 

• Love 2

Can someone please tell me the source for the spoiler that Nyssa is in 415 because I must've missed it.  Thx!

There's almost zero suspense about tonight's episode (413) because we already know that both Thea and Malcolm survive. From the episode synopsis for 415: "Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) has a heart-to-heart talk with Malcolm (John Barrowman)."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I'm trying to get excited for other aspects of the episode tonight that doesn't include Felicity and her parents and its just not happening. Almost everything here is a rehash and there is no suspense because MOST know that both Thea and Malcolm are in later episodes and at this point Nyssa is just a recurring character. There are no stakes, no risks, at most Marc is trying to drum up some curiosity with the whole "they went there" tweet, but really how far are they going to go if we know the principle cast will be around for later episodes?

I really wish the show would promote episodes equally. The most I've seen for Felicity is what her fan-base is doing for her on Twitter. Wonder how long the show and PR department are going to take it for granite that her fans will continue to tune in without any encouragement or coverage for Felicity.  BTW I also think if they pile too much suffering on Felicity right now some are going to tune out. Fans want her to have a good story arc but most don't want her to have to suffer throughout her story arc because of dumb writing and contrived reasons, or at least it's MO they don't!

• Love 3

Ha, maybe it's a kiss between Malcolm and Oliver to seal some kind of stupid ass deal. 

Otherwise, I can't see what else they would do that would be OH SO SURPRISING that most of fandom hadn't already figured out. Even resurrecting Moira, Tommy, or Robert wouldn't be wholly surprising. 

Hey! Maybe Laurel has to marry Malcolm! HA!!! Now that I WOULD not see coming.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Chris E. Hayner tweeted there is a good clip of Felicity and her father, anyone know where he got that from or where the clip is at? Not asking for it to be posted here I know its the wrong thread just discussing if anyone know where he got his information or location for the clip?

UPDATE: He said he is writing it up now and the clip should be ready for release within an hour. In case anyone else is on the lookout for it like me!

Edited by Ann Mack

Can someone please tell me the source for the spoiler that Nyssa is in 415 because I must've missed it.  Thx!

There's almost zero suspense about tonight's episode (413) because we already know that both Thea and Malcolm survive. From the episode synopsis for 415: "Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) has a heart-to-heart talk with Malcolm (John Barrowman)."

It's from this tweet during filming of 415

https://twitter.com/katrinalaw/status/689142834151047168

Katrina Law ‏@katrinalaw  Jan 18

It's on. @CW_Arrow #arrow #nyssaalghul #nyssa

I just like the confirmation of when he left, when she was 8. It doesn't really matter much to anything, I'm just a fan of knowing small details about characters.

I wonder if he's going to do anything with this information. Like, if he doesn't blackmail her, what is he planning on doing? Is he still after the battery?

YES. 

I know he just said that he stayed away because he was protecting Felicity and her mom (lies!) but I actually really hope that Felicity's dad is just an evil bastard and they don't try and make him out to be someone who cares for his daughter, the way they're doing with Malcolm/Thea. It would be something different and interesting for a change.

Edited by Guest

We still don't know the real name of Felicity's father on the show yet, right?  I know that the Calculator's name in the comics is Noah Kuttler, but they could always change it (like they did with Mr. Terrific).

Also, that 'I can't believe they went there' hint from MG about the episode...Nyssa probably has to marry Malcolm now. I don't see them killing Nyssa (yet) but I'm trying to link how her marriage to Oliver plays a part in all this and yuck, it's totally something this show would do. What's a little switching husbands on this show?

I'm kind of joking but also I'm not?

If you want to have surprises-probably best to stay unspoiled. Only small surprises happen these days-like AW getting killed.

And unfortunately the LOA has been a part of the show since season 2 and it looks like it's not leaving anytime soon. I do wish they would kill Malcolm already even if that means that Thea will be the ultimate Dark Archer. 

I did enjoy both clips so far. 

Also, that 'I can't believe they went there' hint from MG about the episode...Nyssa probably has to marry Malcolm now. I don't see them killing Nyssa (yet) but I'm trying to link how her marriage to Oliver plays a part in all this and yuck, it's totally something this show would do. What's a little switching husbands on this show?

I'm kind of joking but also I'm not?

That could be a way to squash the unrest within the League. By merging the opposing sides through marriage. Yeah make it happen, cause I'm already over the Nyssa will recognize her marriage to Oliver until her death because it's the League (KL words in an interview). Yeah she can go right ahead and do that while Oliver is out there proposing to the love of his life and moving on. This damn show!!

I know he just said that he stayed away because he was protecting Felicity and her mom (lies!) but I actually really hope that Felicity's dad is just an evil bastard and they don't try and make him out to be someone who cares for his daughter, the way they're doing with Malcolm/Thea. It would be something different and interesting for a change.

I would prefer Felicity's dad to be morally gray, because that would differentiate him from Malcolm IMO, but we may already be past that point. Unless he was never actually going to go through with his plan from last week, he was pretty gleeful about however-many-thousand people were going to die. That's Malcolm-type shit, so he's already on that level for me. (And I don't consider Malcolm to be morally gray, when his only "redeeming" quality is his alleged love for Thea, but that's more in service of his narcissism than anything else and still obviously doesn't discount his actions or lack of remorse for them.) So yeah, I really don't need to be sold on another character whose indifference to human life is supposed to be complicated by his concern for one specific person.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 4

Papa Smoak was hired to blow the network. I wonder if that is a breadcrumb for a possible return. Maybe HIVE? or DD? I'm grasping, but I want it.

Love that scene.

Edited by Chaser

I would prefer Felicity's dad to be morally gray, because that would differentiate him from Malcolm IMO, but we may already be past that point. Unless he was never actually going to go through with his plan from last week, he was pretty gleeful about however-many-thousand people were going to die. That's Malcolm-type shit, so he's already on that level for me. (And I don't consider Malcolm to be morally gray, when his only "redeeming" quality is his alleged love for Thea, but that's more in service of his narcissism than anything else and still obviously doesn't discount his actions or lack of remorse for them.) So yeah, I really don't need to be sold on another character whose indifference to human life is supposed to be complicated by his concern for one specific person.

I see what you mean. It's just this show is framing Malcolm as someone who loves his daughter so much and I'd kind of want Felicity's dad to be different to that. Otherwise we're essentially getting the same storyline, just in different degrees.

I see what you mean. It's just this show is framing Malcolm as someone who loves his daughter so much and I'd kind of want Felicity's dad to be different to that. Otherwise we're essentially getting the same storyline, just in different degrees.

Given that Dad said he only made himself known to Felicity because he found out that she was the one who almost beat him (didn't she actually beat him, though?), I don't think this is Malcolm pt. 2, but watch the show prove me wrong tonight, haha.

Malcolm made a clever observation, from their PoV Nyssa could be lying.

I would love it if she actually was lying, and that the lotus does some other kind of thing, and she just used it to get Oliver involved in her power struggle.

• Love 1

Given that Dad said he only made himself known to Felicity because he found out that she was the one who almost beat him (didn't she actually beat him, though?), I don't think this is Malcolm pt. 2, but watch the show prove me wrong tonight, haha.

I don't think this is Malcolm part 2 either, at least I hope not. That clip definitely gave the impression that he probably would have left the city if he hadn't discovered who she was. 

I would love it if she actually was lying, and that the lotus does some other kind of thing, and she just used it to get Oliver involved in her power struggle.

Me too. And honestly, it never even crossed my mind that Nyssa could be lying, before that clip, haha.