Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

OMG the fucking Stupidity of Choosing Malcolm over Nyssa Espically from Diggle!!

Are they all there just as observers. I mean Malcolm  and Nyssa look like they both came to do battle but not Oliver, Diggle and oh yeah Laurel (seriously just keep sighing and asking every scene she's in "why are you still here"?)

Edited by Ann Mack
(edited)

Episode stills normally come out a week before the episode airs. Episode Descriptions are 3 weeks before the episode airs.

That description gave me nothing I wanted to know. Damnit

Edited by Morrigan2575

CaapVjSUEAUWV7e.jpg

It looks like Laurel might help Nyssa? Hmm She definitely looks like she's about to do something.

What she should be doing, if it wasn't for the "because comics" excuse, is getting her ass handed to her by the highly trained LOA members...

eta: because half that sentence made zero sense.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

Seriously, the picture of Nyssa on the ground with Malcolm standing over her PISSES ME OFF because can she not win at something? She's been league trained since a child. WTF is this nonsense? 

Episode stills normally come out a week before the episode airs. Episode Descriptions are 3 weeks before the episode airs.

That description gave me nothing I wanted to know. Damnit

Not being a smart ass here, but does she like, summon a magical dog power to sniff for Oliver's stolen kid, or...I don't know, see through an animal totem on the wall? Maybe see through the eyes of a guard dog on the property where 'ol Billiam's being held? 

I typed that all with a straight face btw.

• Love 1

Nyssa being beaten is complete and utter bullshit. Her being beaten by Malcolm is probably even worse. -_-

NYSSA SHOULD BE THE BEST FIGHTER ON THE SHOW WTF IS THIS

Also this looks like a really interesting character episode for Oliver

CaasvUDUEAEXQ3K.jpg

• Love 1

Not being a smart ass here, but does she like, summon a magical dog power to sniff for Oliver's stolen kid, or...I don't know, see through an animal totem on the wall? Maybe see through the eyes of a guard dog on the property where 'ol Billiam's being held?

I typed that all with a straight face btw.

I know what a ghost dog sniffing GAs crotch.

Important question. What's on the USB drive? Anti Anti life Equation?

• Love 2

Well Diggle did tell Oliver he would back his play. I guess its extending to any immediate family member now. This show hopefully this episode will end all of the LOA nonsense and they can move on to the shows suicidal mission of blowing up S4 with this stupid nonsense of BMD and their stupid for plot reasons to break up Oliver and Felicity. This may be mean but for reasons I really.hope the reviewers rip Marc G to shreds for this story line.

I do too! But we are stuck with this crap cause even EBR feels Happy couples are boring which she heard how Happy Olicity is working with the viewers

Well, now I'm going to be majorly disappointed if this doesn't happen.

That LoT description clearly puts 2046 Oliver in an AU timeline. One that will no doubt be erased by the wndnof the episode

Yep. This is all moot since the entire point of LOT is to kill VS, so this will be worst case, no arm, Felicity dead, married to Laurel, Van Dyke sporting, even more manpain (is that even possible?) Oliver Queen. Fun! Too bad he won't be a werewolf. I'd tune in for that.

• Love 4

I do too! But we are stuck with this crap cause even EBR feels Happy couples are boring which she heard how Happy Olicity is working with the viewers

Yeah but I think she means give them challenges, show them struggling as a couple especially with their night job is, make them earn the relationship. Let the audience see they are working to overcome realistic obstacles. Fans may want to see fights, rough patches, and disagreements sometimes but I'm almost positive it's so they can also enjoy the make-ups scenes afterwards. But I don't think Emily nor fans want to see made-up contrived bullshit to test the boundary or strength of their commitment or love for each other. Just my opinion on the comment Emily made.

• Love 4

It really irks me that the production is so lazy that they are keeping that photo of Oliver and Felicity cuddling in front of some shithole that Bamford had made for a transition shot in 4x07 instead of just sticking that bad Photoshop of them in Positano. At least that one is canon compliant. And it's already there!

tumblr_o21xha4lqV1tv0s9co5_500.jpg

tumblr_nud7nsDBFu1uool6ho3_500.png

On another note, everyone looks great in the shots for this storyline. Donna's outfit is super cute. And not much Donna. I feel conflicted. Maybe it's a reflection of the effect of hearing Noah showing up has on her.

I am wondering if Thea/Felicity get kidnapped in 4x17? since Emily and Willa were the only 2 missing from the filming that happened yesterday with KC, SA, DR, PB and Echo. Especially with Oliver being hurt according to Stephens tweet.

DR, PB and Echo already left Vancouver on Wednesday nite according to Echoes snapchat most likely for the prolonged weekend ince February 8th is a holiday in BC.

Edited by Velocity23

Also this looks like a really interesting character episode for Oliver

CaasvUDUEAEXQ3K.jpg

So what I'm getting from this is that in the LoT episode airing right after the Arrow episode when Oliver and Felicity presumably break up, we see that future Star City is in ruins and Oliver is missing an arm and sporting bad facial hair. Hmm.

• Love 6
(edited)

It looks like Malcolm/Nyssa are doing an exchange, the Ra's Ring for the Lotus cure. I'm guessing Malcolm betrays them goes after the ring/Nyssa.

My confusion comes in as to where that roof top dual fits in? Maybe Oliver wins but doesn't kill Malcolm and instead tells him to exchange the ring for Malcolm and Thea's life?

We know Nyssa is back in 415 and, according to WM she's going to have a knife at his throat for the rest of the season. So this is going to be dragged out for awhile (joy!)

Oh, I figured out what is on the USB drive. Looks like he gave it to her on the night of the presentation. I'm guessing that's all the info he Calculator has on Team Arrow.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I think it's pretty obvious that Malcolm Merlyn is the Regina of Arrow (apologies to any OUAT/Regina fans out there). Just like they're never killing LL, they'll never get rid of MM. This show never takes truly big risks for the right reasons.

Pissed about those Nyssa pictures. I want her to resoundingly kick MM's ass. MM is a BAD man. A horrible father and a complete sociopath.

Anyone think Vixen might have any connection to Oliver's magic tattoo?

• Love 5

I am wondering if Thea/Felicity get kidnapped in 4x17? since Emily and Willa were the only 2 missing from the filming that happened yesterday with KC, SA, DR, PB and Echo. Especially with Oliver being hurt according to Stephens tweet.

I don't know about Thea, but I've been thinking maybe 417 is finally the episode Felicity takes a break from everything that's happened?

Oooh, maybe she and Thea go on that spa trip that Laurel shirked Thea of for traumatic gravedigging and ressurrections and her daddy making her kill canon fodder.

I CAN DREAM, OKAY.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 3

It looks like SA was filming in suit at Palmer Tech, but I wonder if Felicity moved into the same apartment building Ray used to live in? The production crew posted a photo thanking EBR for supplying a coffee cart. She might have been on set too.

Someone said that only SA and EBR are in Van right now. I know that DR, PB and Echo left, but I'm not sure what the basis was for saying that KC and WH weren't in the city either. 

It looks like Malcolm/Nyssa ate doing an exchange, the Ra's Ring for the Lotus cure. I'm guessing Malcolm betrays them goes after the ring/Nyssa.

My confusion comes in as to where that roof top dual fits in? Maybe Oliver wins but doesn't kill Malcolm and instead tells him to exchange the ring for Malcolm and Thea's life?

We know Nyssa is back in 415 and, according to WM she's going to have a knife at his throat for the rest of the season.

Oh I figured out what is on the USB drive. Looks like he gave it to her on the night of the presentation. I'm guessing that's all the info he Calculator has on Team Arrow.

I was just trying to remember if Nyssa was going to be in 4x15r. That sounds like another crowded episode. DD, Vixen, BMD, Olicity, Thea/Malcolm, Malcolm/Nyssa and flashbacks. Wasn't this the episode were the flashbacks actors filmed more?

I read another theory about the USB. That it was the start of something that could make Felicity walk again. 

Edited by Chaser
(edited)

I read another theory about the USB. That it was the start of something that could make Felicity walk again. 

Yeah that was my initial hope, which is why I mentioned the "anti anti life equation"  (semi comic joke) in my original post last night.  But it seems like the dinner is right after the PT Meeting and it sounds like Felicity finds out really early on that her dad is the Calculator.  So, who knows?  I'm singularly focused on Felicity walking again...LOL  It's all I care about at this point

Can't find the source but EBR was on set filming last night and she apparently hired a coffee truck to come over and she bought the cast/crew coffee.  There's a picture floating around the net.  EBR was filming last night, not sure who else.  Looks like they were on location, I'm hoping one of the Pats saw something and can say if she is/isn't in a wheelchair at this point (hoping she's not)

Edited by Morrigan2575

Hmm - two cures maybe?...

arrow-season-4-photos-13.jpg?w=700

arrow-season-4-photos-6.jpg?w=700

If we never see Nanda Parbat or BM again, I'll be a happy camper.

The end of February is going to be a big week - Diggle on The Flash, Vixen on Arrow, and Old Oliver on LoT - although I may still skip 415 and watch the Vixen scenes on youtube.

Edited by tv echo

This is me grasping at straws but SA tweeted about the stunt team, he was at Palmer Tech and EBR tweeted about being neighborly in elevators. Maybe a callback to the elevator shaft scene from S1? Cause that would be difficult in a wheelchair.

Girl can hope right?

• Love 3

I think it's pretty obvious that Malcolm Merlyn is the Regina of Arrow (apologies to any OUAT/Regina fans out there). Just like they're never killing LL, they'll never get rid of MM. This show never takes truly big risks for the right reasons.

Pissed about those Nyssa pictures. I want her to resoundingly kick MM's ass. MM is a BAD man. A horrible father and a complete sociopath.

Anyone think Vixen might have any connection to Oliver's magic tattoo?

Agree about the Nyssa pictures. Still think the magic tattoo is linked to defeating DD, not Vixen.

Rest of post moved to villians.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

Palmer Tech would be likely to have a couple executive apartments, which would likely be on one floor, so it'd make perfect sense for Felicity to relocate there post-dumpage.

I really want her out of the wheelchair, too. I planned to start watching again (next-day, after I find out what happens) after the dumping, but just seeing her in a wheelchair in pics makes me too sad for that.

This is me grasping at straws but SA tweeted about the stunt team, he was at Palmer Tech and EBR tweeted about being neighborly in elevators. Maybe a callback to the elevator shaft scene from S1? Cause that would be difficult in a wheelchair.

Girl can hope right?

Wasn't she joking about someone farting in an elevator?  I honestly don't know if those two things are connected

• Love 1

When TV Line asked how long Tom Amandes would be around, WM replied: "We love him. He’s one of those rare actors who can be both menacing and really warm and kind and fatherly, so we would love to keep him around as long as possible. It’s just a question of us having a lot of other fish to fry this season. But our goal would be to have him play a part in Felicity’s life going forward." 

The implication that Felicity's father will likely return next season kinda reduces the odds of Donna being the one in the grave, I think.  The EPs are not going to want to close the door on the possibility of future scenes involving both of Felicity's parents.  Also, Donna's visits always inject a much-needed ray of sunshine into the show.  But of course, I could be wrong and they kill off Donna, while leaving Felicity with one surviving parent who's a villain.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

The implication that Felicity's father will likely return next season kinda reduces the odds of Donna being the one in the grave, I think.  The EPs are not going to want to close the door on the possibility of future scenes involving both of Felicity's parents.  Also, Donna's visits always inject a much-needed ray of sunshine into the show.  But of course, I could be wrong and they kill off Donna, while leaving Felicity with one surviving parent who's a villain.

IF, and it's definitely an "if," the set visit by Guggie and WM was to fire the actor in-person, it's not Donna. Charlotte Ross was not, I believe, even there. She was in LA. Plus I don't really see her meriting an in-person visit. (I mean re her status on the show, not her status as a person or an actress.) While it is a big "if," the timing fits, it doesn't seem like they were filming a crucial/complicated scene (I think they were filming 4.16, a non-sweeps episode), and it does not seem that the two of them together visit the set a whole lot as a general rule. So, I think it's a regular. I actually still think it's Quentin.

Side question, the thing with SA tweeting that he couldn't sleep after reading that script, he would not have been informed of the death by being handed the script, surely? So if that had anything to do with the death, it'd be more likely to be how the death happens, maybe how affecting (or dumb) it is, right?

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

Not to be Debbie Downer, but the fact that they want to keep Tom around to me increases the chances that it could be Donna in the grave. They killed off MQ/ST to keep MM/JB around as the parental figure. This show is dark it doesn't need both parents. And in the writers' minds - I am sure that Tom/Calc is a far meatier role to write than a non-comic female original character. It could be a repeat of s2 all over again. Except this time a paralyzed FS is unable to help save her mother because of her disability.

I'm not advocating this as a personal preference. I want both Papa & Mama Smoak to make it to s5 & beyond... But if I'm assessing the evidence the interview makes me more concerned than comforted for Donna's death. :(

Edited to add - I still think its a Lance.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

Side question, the thing with SA tweeting that he couldn't sleep after reading that script, he would not have been informed of the death by being handed the script, surely? So if that had anything to do with the death, it'd be more likely to be how the death happens, maybe how affecting (or dumb) it is, right?

I don't think it's impossible he found out about the death from the script. Not necessarily true, but not impossible. Who knows if the damn writers knew for sure who it was before they broke down the episode.

Besides the argument for Felicity's angry reaction in the flash-forward, I don't really see much substantial argument for Donna being in the grave. The focus was still on Oliver, which would be a bit strange if it were Felicity's mother, plus the idea that this person is supposed to be an important character (Donna is important, but still recurring at best and Charlotte Ross wasn't even on set for the supposed day that MG and WM visited to give the death talk). WM's comments about Felicity's dad actually made me less concerned about Donna because she mentioned how they want to try to make Felicity's story still completely different from Thea's. It's the main reason why they didn't make Darhk Felicity's father, and I would believe it would be one of the reasons that they wouldn't kill Donna, since it would be a pseudo-repeat of Thea's story from s2-s3.

I do wonder if Felicity's parents would ever have a scene together, given the feeling I've got they they won't in the next episode despite having the actors all right there.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

It really irks me that the production is so lazy that they are keeping that photo of Oliver and Felicity cuddling in front of some shithole that Bamford had made for a transition shot in 4x07 instead of just sticking that bad Photoshop of them in Positano. At least that one is canon compliant. And it's already there!

tumblr_o21xha4lqV1tv0s9co5_500.jpg

tumblr_nud7nsDBFu1uool6ho3_500.png

er.

I'm willing to believe they did the same pose over and over and over. Maybe even the same day ( hence the same clothes). Every time they stopped they just automatically went into adorable mode. :D Edited by BkWurm1
I do wonder if Felicity's parents would ever have a scene together, given the feeling I've got they they won't in the next episode despite having the actors all right there.

I'd be really interested in seeing a Felicity/Noah/Donna scene.  I don't know if we'll get one in 413, seems like this will focus more on Felicity/Noah and Felicity/Donna with a side of Felicity/Oliver thrown in the mix.  Probably to ratchet up THE Lie (I'm taking to calling it THE Lie and THE Death).  WM gave an interview which seemed to hint that Donna might have lied about Noah's departure.  I'm guessing this will of course feed back (somehow) into the breakup because, lies, lies, lies.

I also don't think Donna or any other recurring character is THE Death.  I believe that WM and MG went up to Vancouver to let the actor know which tells me it's a Series Regular.

WM gave an interview which seemed to hint that Donna might have lied about Noah's departure.  I'm guessing this will of course feed back (somehow) into the breakup because, lies, lies, lies.

I will laugh forever if Donna found out that dear 'ol Dad had a secret kid or family stashed away somewhere. 

I feel like we would be better off served to be looking for the characters with the least amount of anvils. Too many anvils to me almost makes them more likely to live. Remember the Arrow writers think they are crafty & sneaky. We need to look at the negative space, not the subject.

Edited by kismet

I'd be really interested in seeing a Felicity/Noah/Donna scene.  I don't know if we'll get one in 413, seems like this will focus more on Felicity/Noah and Felicity/Donna with a side of Felicity/Oliver thrown in the mix.  Probably to ratchet up THE Lie (I'm taking to calling it THE Lie and THE Death).  WM gave an interview which seemed to hint that Donna might have lied about Noah's departure.  I'm guessing this will of course feed back (somehow) into the breakup because, lies, lies, lies.

I also don't think Donna or any other recurring character is THE Death.  I believe that WM and MG went up to Vancouver to let the actor know which tells me it's a Series Regular.

THE Lie and THE Death it is, then!

I also got that feeling from WM that there's something about Noah that Donna either lied about or didn't mention (another lie of omission, like Oliver's), but I'm not really clear about what it would be. I wouldn't think that they would be so blatant to have him have another family, but I can't think of anything that would make Donna want to lie to Felicity except maybe the circumstances of why he left. Despite WM's comments about TA's ability to inject a warmth into his scenes, she still mentioned that he was a villain, and the idea that he hasn't really kept tabs on Felicity except for her recent public exposure, which makes me think that he definitely has ulterior motives in visiting her. So, I'm guessing that Donna's words about him not loving her like Oliver loves Felicity might be true, but maybe him just abandoning them might not be? I just hope we get some clarification on what exactly happened back then, and I wonder how this story will be partially wrapped up, considering that he's gone after 413.