Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

And on that note - do we believe that "it's a real death with consequences" fully rules out a fake death and witness protection angle?  With them having Laurel prosecute DD and people saying that's what should happen to BM and kid - is it totally without question that all this death crap would be total BS?  I know that would be two fake deaths of two major characters, but I assume that like Roy this would mean major consequences because the character would still be off the show.  Possible?

There would be two graves. The kid's way too old to be put in a coffin with his mother.

I personally do think it's a real serious no-kidding death, but who knows. 

• Love 1

I refuse to believe they will get rid of David Ramsey. The only way they might kill Diggle is to make him an artificial/Robot version. Now mind you I don't think this will happen but I just refuse to believe they will get rid of David Ramsey. Unless David wanted to leave which it doesn't seem like he does. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

There would be two graves. The kid's way too old to be put in a coffin with his mother.

I personally do think it's a real serious no-kidding death, but who knows. 

Well actually I wasn't thinking the mother's death is faked, but that would make sense.  Unfortunately, I think there is going to be some really bad resolution to that story that will NOT make sense and will involve us seeing the kid again next season.  To me, about the worst case scenario is that it is the mother in the grave and Oliver (and company) will have to raise the boy next season.

I mean IF they only intend to do five seasons, I could see them going the path of having Oliver play mayor and raise his son next season while Felicity, Thea, Diggle, and even Laurel work to make sure he never finds out his dad is GA only for him to discover it at the end of the show.  And yeah, I'd probably still watch (I hate myself sometimes).

But what I was really wondering is if Diggle or Thea or someone else could have a fake death and witness protection.

Well actually I wasn't thinking the mother's death is faked, but that would make sense.  Unfortunately, I think there is going to be some really bad resolution to that story that will NOT make sense and will involve us seeing the kid again next season.  To me, about the worst case scenario is that it is the mother in the grave and Oliver (and company) will have to raise the boy next season.

We are fortunate to have ppl on these boards who know the business, and dtissagirl in particular has brought up a lot of good reasons that is unlikely. It's super-easy in fic, really difficult in an actual show.

• Love 2

I'm not an Olicity shipper, so yeah, it would be more of a big deal to me. I think just the idea that they would have considered Diggle more expendable than Laurel would make me angry enough to really finally make a break with the show. :(

• Love 8

The EPs have stressed the death is a death, not a fake out or something that they can walk back. It didn't sound like the typical MG speak so I'm inclined to believe them.

I would be so pissed if they let one of the Lances live and instead killed Diggle or Thea. Oliver's best friend/brother or his only surviving family. Just Nope.

• Love 9

If the goal of this death is to re-establish stakes, then they really need to kill off a masked character. Not because there are too many (there are), but because these people voluntarily go out and fight crime every night, risking life and limb, and not a single one of them has felt any permanent consequences from that choice. Sara kind of did, even though she got killed while she was being an assassin, and was killed as part of a larger (stupid) plot, not because she was out there fighting crime. And she came back to life earlier this season. Felicity has a likely-to-be-temporary-but-as-of-now permanent disability, but she didn't suffer that injury because she was tech support for Green Arrow and co, she suffered it because she happened to be in a car with Oliver as he was mowed down. 

Still think it'll be Quentin though. 

• Love 12

It's most likely Lance because they are not nearly as EPIC GAMECHANGERS as they think they are. They will go with the most obvious one and the one least likely to disrupt the flow of the show or piss anyone off. Otherwise known as the opposite of gamechanging. 

• Love 4

I really admire how you guys are potentially setting yourselves up for disappointment at practically hyper speed now.

:)

I'm just going to consider LL-in-the-grave/off the show in a dreamy, "what if" way. Like the time between when I buy a lottery ticket and when the numbers are announced, and I daydream about what I'd do if I won the jackpot. I know it's unlikely, but it's nice to think about. Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 14

Me when I probably watch Nyssa have a heart to heart with Laurel: "Oh Nyssa, love yourself and don't ever interact with someone who essentially pushed you into doing something that made you go to jail and then proceeded to not tell anyone about it thereby letting you rot in said jail..." Nyssa deserves better. Nyssa deserves real friends who don't leave her rotting in jail and proceed to forget about her without feeling guilty. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 9

I think my level of disappointment will depend on who they kill instead of her. If it's Quentin, I will be somewhat annoyed but not surprised. If it's Thea, I will be upset. If it's Diggle.....I will very likely not watch the show anymore. I mean, I know I've said that before, but that might actually be my for real breaking point.

If they killed off Diggle instead of Buckles or even Lance I'd be pissed cry like a Bitch and so on but then Olicity would probably bring me back SIGH. I love Diggle but Felicity dying is the numero uno way for me to stop watching that and going back to Loliver

Even though I totally disagreed with how Laurel left Nyssa in jail, Nyssa isn't exactly the most innocent person what with her trying to off all the Lance family to force Sara out and only helping Sara if she would return with her to NP.

You kidnap and try to kill your beloved's family one time and it's just nag, nag, nag.  Clearly some people just don't know how to let go of a grudge.  ;p  ;) 

• Love 9

I love you guys, but you're weak for Olicity. Give them a good heart-eyes scene post-Digg grave, and you'd all be there for it.

Offense taken! (I hope you've seen Community so you know that I've not really taken offense to that.)

Seriously if they kill Diggle, I'm done. I can catch Olicity scenes on youtube. They'd never get my views again.

Katrina gives great interviews. I'm intrigued by that tidbit about League members loyal to her, because she immediately mentioned Katana. So I'll throw it out there: is Maseo still alive?

I'm thinking that those of you who suggested ironically that Nyssa would thank Laurel for getting her imprisoned might be right afterall. But if the writers love me, she will punch her, after. Or stab her.

Edited by looptab

Huh. Maseo being alive never crossed my mind. I don't think so?

What I found intriguing is her reply about how Nyssa wouldn't follow the initiation process of demolishing the place she came from, that being NP. And I can't help thinking maybe that wouldn't be so bad. In fact, it could be good. Nyssa ascending to her rightful place and then destroying the whole League.

• Love 2

I'm thinking that those of you who suggested ironically that Nyssa would thank Laurel for getting her imprisoned might be right afterall. But if the writers love me, she will punch her, after. Or stab her.

I was one of those people. And if that actually happens I will have to stop putting ideas out there because because I sarcastically predicted the Oliver-Laurel reconciliation hug in 405 too. 

• Love 4

I was one of those people. And if that actually happens I will have to stop putting ideas out there because because I sarcastically predicted the Oliver-Laurel reconciliation hug in 405 too. 

Don't stop putting ideas out there... :) You just have to learn to use your powers for good.

@lemotomato, why don't you use your Powers for good??? :p

Re: Maseo, I don't believe, believe that he is alive, but I'll keep wishing, haha. If we have to see Poppy every episode, they could be nice enough to give us at least another episode with Maseo. :D

Did Nyssa find Sara in Nanda Parbat? I thought she found her on Lian Yu.

Did Nyssa find Sara in Nanda Parbat? I thought she found her on Lian Yu.

Not Lian Yu. Sara was once again sucked up by the ocean from the Amazo. I think the story is that she washed up on the shores of Nanda Parbat, but in my mind that hellhole is land locked so I just tell myself she washed up somewhere where Nyssa was on assignment.

ETA: Wikia says on Lian Yu, so I must have remembered it wrong. How the hell did Nyssa get there? There's a Club Med on the other side of the island, I swear.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 3

Ra's told Quentin that Nyssa found Sara on Lian Yu - that was the breaking point for him right before he went completely apeshit on Oliver last season - since Oliver never told Quentin that she'd lived long enough to make it there. Or something.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Ra's told Quentin that Nyssa found Sara on the shores of Lian Yu. That's when Quentin said Sara was never on Lian Yu. Because he and Laurel never asked Sara any questions about her time away. 

Sara was also on Lian Yu for almost another year before Nyssa found her since Maseo said he joined the same time Sara did. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Ra's told Quentin that Nyssa found Sara on the shores of Lian Yu. That's when Quentin said Sara was never on Lian Yu. Because he and Laurel never asked Sara any questions about her time away. 

Sara was also on Lian Yu for almost another year before Nyssa found her since Maseo said he joined the same time Sara did. 

How weird is that?  

Waller takes Oliver to Hong Kong at the end of S2, meanwhile Sara washes up back on shore.  Oliver spends all of S3 in Hong Kong while Sara is alone on Lian Yu.  Then Nyssa rescues Sara and takes her to Nanda Parbat right before Shadowspire shows up on Lian Yu and Waller sends Oliver back to the Island in S4?

Man that Island is like party central...

• Love 5

Man that Island is like party central...

Thea should really get on that. I bet she could turn it into an island get away. She is supposed to have done well with the club after all, so she's got experience.

• Love 3

It would've been better if Oliver saw Sara when he got back to the island, then thinks he saw her die again. Just to continue the Oliver sees Sara die a million times thing they started. 

Hah!  They could totally do it with LoT.  Have Current Sara go back to the Island, interact with Oliver and then fake her death to keep the timeline in tact.

• Love 2

Maybe Nyssa rescued Sara about the same time Oliver headed to Hong Kong, but she kept her hidden for awhile, nursing her back to health?  Just because Sara and Maseo joined at the same time doesn't mean that Nyssa found Sara a year later. 

But I'm still annoyed that Detective Quentin never even puzzled together any of Sara's lost time.  Then again, I swore he knew Oliver was the Arrow before he was told, but that's beside the point.  I just really thought that Quentin would figure out that Oliver and Sara were way too close for there not to be more to the story of what happened after the boat crash than what he had been told.  I can even understand why he never pushed for details, but he shouldn't have been surprised or angry about what Ra's told him.

Therefore, I have just rewritten that scene in my head to Ra's telling Lance that Oliver knew who Sara's real killer was and didn't do anything about it (or something like that).

• Love 3

The LoA really is full of morons. I love that someone was able to slip a weapon into her food and no one even bothered to check.

Nyssa is a badass. Her co-conspirator is a badass. Could not care less about anything regarding the League of Assassins.

• Love 2

The LoA really is full of morons. I love that someone was able to slip a weapon into her food and no one even bothered to check.

What got me is how tiny that knife is. Nyssa really is a badass to use it at all effectively.

The funny thing is that the knife isn't even necessary. They left the door wide open while the woman was delivering her food. Seems like any old day she chose to she could've ran out, taken out one dude, gotten his sword, and did the same thing she just did. I guess knowing she had some supporters gave her the push, and the teeny pepper knife was a way of letting her know they were trustworthy.

Still ridiculous though, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I wonder what this Lotus Nyssa is looking for does.? What do you all think? I wonder if Tatsu is watching over it? Maybe it's the magic herbs Tatsu used to save Oliver and perhaps it's what will help Felicity. Maybe it's a amulet that can be used to help with DD and why Vixen is here to give magic knowledge to Oliver. Or maybe they are just renaming Katana-Lotus so they don't have to kill her? 

• Love 3

I wonder what this Lotus Nyssa is looking for does.? What do you all think? I wonder if Tatsu is watching over it? Maybe it's the magic herbs Tatsu used to save Oliver and perhaps it's what will help Felicity. Maybe it's a amulet that can be used to help with DD and why Vixen is here to give magic knowledge to Oliver. Or maybe they are just renaming Katana-Lotus so they don't have to kill her?

I'm definitely thinking that whatever the lotus is it's being guarded by Tatsu and that whatever it is it can probably help Nyssa take down Malcolm, which is probably why they fight later. Even though Nyssa might be using it for a somewhat noble purpose (taking down Malcolm), it would still be in the hands of the League, which would probably be bad. Who knows? Maybe it is something that could heal Felicity, that would go with my own theory that that's what Nyssa's offer is to Oliver for helping her take down Malcolm.

Oh man, I forgot about Vixen in all of this. Considering that Laurel might be persecuting Darhk in 416, I wonder if Vixen helps take him down in 415. I kind of think that that plot will end up being separate from whatever League stuff is going on now, but, again, who knows? We need a spoiler rebuffer for these next few episodes.

• Love 2