Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Too bad. I was really looking forward to the anti-hero thing.

The weird thing about the wedding hints is that it's five episodes away whatever shape it takes on. I guess it could be because he was just filming it. I don't know if we brought it up, but the actress playing Cupid posted on Twitter that not everything you see on the Internet is true after those reports from set came out. I can't remember her name right now or I'd bring it over. Meaning it could be anything. It was just a dress with the Felicity tag, not specifically a wedding dress, wasn't it? What if they're guests at someone else's wedding? Maybe going there for some semi-undercover work?

Maybe Oliver and Felicity do start planning the wedding for sometime around March [Dig and Lyla got married around that time], except everything blows up in 415. Hey, maybe the wedding stuff in 416 is all real, but the wedding is off, and Oliver is in one of his catatonic states, imagining a big what if, except he's all alone in the hall. [i'm not gonna give up on the All By Myself visual, sorry.]

And then Cupid finds him, or something.

• Love 6

The weird thing about the wedding hints is that it's five episodes away whatever shape it takes on. I guess it could be because he was just filming it. I don't know if we brought it up, but the actress playing Cupid posted on Twitter that not everything you see on the Internet is true after those reports from set came out. I can't remember her name right now or I'd bring it over. Meaning it could be anything. It was just a dress with the Felicity tag, not specifically a wedding dress, wasn't it? What if they're guests at someone else's wedding? Maybe going there for some semi-undercover work?

Amy Gumenick, who was likely talking about the Canadagraphs guy saying she was a jerk, bc she committed the ultimate crime of not speaking with random dude trying to engage her.

The Canadagraphs guy has been fairly accurate lately. I can buy a wedding, but not a real O/F wedding. Totally bizarre in-story timing, not enough actors there, not during sweeps (does anyone seriously think they're going to do a real Olicity wedding outside of sweeps?). 

Maybe Stephen was trolling. Like, they overcome the BMD somehow and get married for real in the next episode, only to finally break up over something else later. o.O 

(kidding. sort of.)

Edited by looptab

Maybe Stephen was trolling. Like, they overcome the BMD somehow and get married for real in the next episode, only to finally break up over something else later. o.O 

(kidding. sort of.)

Then all that BMD setup would have been for five minutes of relationship tension? 

SA said 4.15 ends on a note that Olicity people will not like. Then they reconcile in the first five of 4.16 and have enough time to get a fancy wedding set up, and then what, are divorcing by the time of the FF? And again, get married outside of sweeps?

It seems FAR more likely that DR is being loose with language and talking about scenes he just filmed.

DR talked about a wedding, called Oliver Felicity's husband and liked a photo of the hotel ballroom on IG. Idk what any of this means.

If one wanted to be paranoid, it could be interpreted as if he had been told that it was Dig in the grave and he was giving away spoilers intentionally. I don't think it's true but I'm sort of surprised that there hasn't been speculation about this yet. At least as far as I know.

Amy Gumenick, who was likely talking about the Canadagraphs guy saying she was a jerk, bc she committed the ultimate crime of not speaking with random dude trying to engage her.

Ah. I missed that part. Thankfully. But thanks for filling in the gaps.

Or not take advantage of the 100th Episode Crossover Event!

Seriously if they don't take advantage of that I will be pissed.

Agreed. If I have to suffer through increasingly poorly planned crossovers, with more and more shows added, you better give me my goddammed 100th episode Olicity wedding. I accept it will be interrupted by a villain so everyone can put their leather and little masks on, but I want the wedding!

• Love 8

CG: https://twitter.com/canadagraphs/with_replies

Then about three hours later she Tweeted not to believe everything you read.

The idea that anyone, much less actors, are required to interact with anyone who wants to interact with them absolutely floors me. I lived in LA for awhile, walked right past Spielberg, and did not bother him. Much worse for me, saw Sarah Michelle Gellar and her husband at that Malibu fish place, there was hardly anyone else around, and I am a HUGE BtVS fan. But I still didn't bother her. Bc that's just ridiculous. 

• Love 3

I'm not sure how it intersects with Nyssa's return, but is it possible that there is a real wedding but that Damien's wife is able to root out the marriage to Nyssa and show that Oliver is now a polygamist, invalidating his marriage to Felicity? Polygamy is completely in this show's wheelhouse, and if anyone could root out a marriage in an obscure location, it would be Damien and his wife.  If their marriage is invalidated and then the next week the baby mama drama hits, then that could be the one-two punch in the O/F relationship. It would be a testament to Guggenheim's storytelling if the stupidest plot point from season three and the stupidest plot point from season four finished off one of the most loving, mature relationships on tv, at least temporarily.

• Love 2

Bigamy, not polygamy. Polygamy is when the parties pretty much agree to it.

I just can't see it. I don't see any scenario in which it goes from all the awfulness coming up, including a known bad Olicity scene at the end of 4.15, to a real wedding in 4.16. Nope. And we're not just theorizing the kid is taken in 4.15, we have actual pictures of the BM actress on set. BMD definitely hits in 4.15, and it makes no sense, not even Guggie sense, that it goes from that to a real wedding in the next episode. Occam's razor says it's not a real O/F wedding.

Re the Nyssa thing, I can't see Felicity caring. She already knows about that, and her reaction has been to make jokes. Why would that harm their relationship now? 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

But according to the spoilers, the BM drama comes back in 415 and the wedding was filmed for 416.

And OMG, I can't believe we're speculating about another questionable wedding again. Why can't all reminders of season 3 just go away already?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Since DD is former LoA and might possibly have some HIVE loyalists infiltrated in there to keep tabs on things, I would find it easier to believe he'd find out about the marriage than the kid. Unless he tails Oliver going for a visit. But it's TV logic, so whatever, man!

• Love 1

What If the wedding is another flash forward? If they are concerned about losing people due to Oliver and Felicity being on the outs, maybe using a flash forward wedding would be how they reassure those people everything is good? It would also give those viewers an incentive to stick around and see how they eventually get back together.

Felicity and Nyssa would make swell sister wives!

I think Felicity would only care if for some reason DD was able to prove that her marriage to Oliver was invalid because Nanda Parbat is a protectorate of, for example, Florin, and that marriages performed in Nanda Parbat are recognized under international law. Therefore, if she and Oliver did have the white wedding, it would not be valid.

I may have read Jane Eyre too many times.

• Love 4

But according to the spoilers, the BM drama comes back in 415 and the wedding was filmed for 416.

And OMG, I can't believe we're speculating about another questionable wedding again. Why can't all reminders of season 3 just go away already?

Which is why I am 99.99999999999999999% positive it is not a real O/F wedding. I am still expecting it to be a hallucination or dream. Not only does it make no sense, but also it's not sweeps.

I thought Mericle said no more flash-forwards, but Bamford is saying he directed one in his episode?

What If the wedding is another flash forward? If they are concerned about losing people due to Oliver and Felicity being on the outs, maybe using a flash forward wedding would be how they reassure those people everything is good? It would also give those viewers an incentive to stick around and see how they eventually get back together.

According to CG, Cupid was there, and she was arrested at the wedding. She probably drugs him to make him marry her, he hallucinates Felicity, then TA comes to rescue him and arrest Cupid. Easy peasy. Although I really wanted her to think GA sucked and make fun of the new suit. Damnit.

Felicity and Nyssa would make swell sister wives!

I think Felicity would only care if for some reason DD was able to prove that her marriage to Oliver was invalid because Nanda Parbat is a protectorate of, for example, Florin, and that marriages performed in Nanda Parbat are recognized under international law. Therefore, if she and Oliver did have the white wedding, it would not be valid.

That would be the most easily annulled marriage in the history of ever, though. Agreed re the sister wives.

Edited by AyChihuahua

According to CG, Cupid was there, and she was arrested at the wedding. She probably drugs him to make him marry her, he hallucinates Felicity, then TA comes to rescue him and arrest Cupid. Easy peasy. Although I really wanted her to think GA sucked and make fun of the new suit. Damnit..

She could still do it if she tries to marry Oliver but doesn't know about his connection to the Arrow and GA. Maybe she talk about her past lovers -Arrow and Deadshot - and compares them to GA and whoever the latest SUICIDE squade member/victim is. I'm still pretty fond of the theory with Cupid using Oliver and Felicity as Ken and Barbie dolls to play wedding with. Just the right amount of crazy and it would mess with the two of them something fierce a few weeks after the break up.

BTW, there's a three week break between 4x15 and 4x16 airing according to IMDb.

• Love 1

Stephen Amell to appear as future Oliver Queen on Legends of Tomorrow

“Every once and a while, we do an episode where the 10-year-old me has to pinch himself,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. “We’re not only introducing our version of Connor Hawke to our universe, we’re going to meet the 2046 version of Oliver Queen, and Stephen Amell is going to be reprising his role from Arrow. As an added bonus to comic-book fans, Oliver is missing his left arm and will be sporting a goatee, in a nod to the character’s appearance in the seminal Dark Knight Returns. We think this episode features some of the coolest things we’ve ever done.”

Call me crazy but the idea that Oliver Queen is going to lose his arm in 30 years is something I don't find cool.

• Love 14

She could still do it if she tries to marry Oliver but doesn't know about his connection to the Arrow and GA. Maybe she talk about her past lovers -Arrow and Deadshot - and compares them to GA and whoever the latest SUICIDE squade member/victim is. I'm still pretty fond of the theory with Cupid using Oliver and Felicity as Ken and Barbie dolls to play wedding with. Just the right amount of crazy and it would mess with the two of them something fierce a few weeks after the break up.

If it's a Ken and Barbie thing, she sure manages to get a nice venue. That's partly why I figure hallucination, bc the hallucination would include the venue. I'd be fine with that, though. I just really want someone to make fun of the suit.

She seemed really narcissistic, do you think she'd be interested in putting on a crazypants wedding for two other people, with her as just like the planner, v. her own wedding? 

Oh hey, just realized they totally did this on Gotham a few episodes ago! 

• Love 1

Ugh. I really hate this BS with Oliver and the VAN DYKE (It's not a goatee, Guggenheim) and missing arm in the future.

On one hand (no pun intended) maybe it will be enough to stop all BECAUSE COMICS clamoring as to why we don't have that nonsense in "Arrow".  On the other hand, I worry we'll eventually have  BC/GA romance BECAUSE COMICS which does nothing but undercut the Olicity in the present. And will ramp up the desire to see it in the future. Bleh.

Edited by catrox14

I'd rather Earth 2 or Earth 14 or Earth 47 have armless Oliver instead of our Oliver. I'm just going to assume by the future they'll have cool replacements. Coulson lost a hand, and he's fine. Or that this is yet another timeline that will be altered by Barry doing something stupid.

• Love 5

“Every once and a while, we do an episode where the 10-year-old me has to pinch himself,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. “We’re not only introducing our version of Connor Hawke to our universe, we’re going to meet the 2046 version of Oliver Queen, and Stephen Amell is going to be reprising his role from Arrow. As an added bonus to comic-book fans, Oliver is missing his left arm and will be sporting a goatee, in a nod to the character’s appearance in the seminal Dark Knight Returns. We think this episode features some of the coolest things we’ve ever done.”

10-year old MG is responsible for all the "because comics" storylines? That explains a lot

Please stay on LoT forever, MG. Please please

Ugh. I really hate this BS with Oliver and the VAN DYKE (It's not a goatee, Guggenheim) and missing arm in the future.

On one hand (no pun intended) maybe it will be enough to stop all BECAUSE COMICS clamoring as to why we don't have that nonsense in "Arrow".  On the other hand, I worry we'll eventually have  BC/GA romance BECAUSE COMICS which does nothing but undercut the Olicity in the present. And will ramp up the desire to see it in the future. Bleh.

The only good thing about this is that it's happening on LoT, in a hypothetical future, so we can choose to not watch/acknowledge it

• Love 9

The only good thing about this is that it's happening on LoT, in a hypothetical future, so we can choose to not watch/acknowledge it

Only if it's like Earth 489756403. I mean isn't there a chance that what happens in Legends is a possible true endgame for Oliver because Guggie is so in love with the comics it seems still?

If it turns out that old Oliver is forever alone (or married to some rando) because he never reconciled with Felicity or that she died, I could put up with the stupid van dyke and even the missing arm. What I won't accept is any implication he ended up with BC at any point. NOPE.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Caity Lotz tweeted about this episode... The emojis seem to make sense

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/665151193216237568

Heartbreak which is Felicity probably breaking up w/ Oliver and him ending up alone w/ a van dyck and 1 arm and Oliver probably dies when he helps the LoT crew save the world (and they fail probably). They go back in time save the world and help Oliver try to fix things in the past (not that Oliver/Felicity will reconcile in the past but that maybe Oliver realizing what his future holds without her will make him work harder to win her back). 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Maybe they're hoping that killing Laurel will be seen as an appeasment for having to kill off Waller and Katana?

I really don't want them killing off three females this season. I know they resurrected Sara but they only did that cause of Backlash . Tommy is still the only male that was killed that stuck

I really don't want them killing off three females this season. I know they resurrected Sara but they only did that cause of Backlash . Tommy is still the only male that was killed that stuck

Technically there were 4 male deaths last season with Akio, Shrieve, Maseo and Ra's. Plus a fake Ray death and of course and in show Roy fake death and him leaving.

Caity Lotz tweeted about this episode... The emojis seem to make sense

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/665151193216237568

Heartbreak which is Felicity probably breaking up w/ Oliver and him ending up alone w/ a van dyck and 1 arm and Oliver probably dies when he helps the LoT crew save the world (and they fail probably). They go back in time save the world and help Oliver try to fix things in the past (not that Oliver/Felicity will reconcile in the past but that maybe Oliver realizing what his future holds without her will make him work harder to win her back). 

Didn't they say they wouldn't be crossing LoT over with Flash/Arrow that much? I bet it's more of an Easter egg. 

• Love 2

Thinking about the halluci-wedding, it could either be a big troll move, and a further chance for SA to show off his kicked puppy face. OR, it could be great. Say in the previous episode, Felicity dumps him. That dream is, seemingly, over. He may also lose the kid to witness protection, and the mayoral election. The latter two aren't necessary, though...so he's dumped, and sad, but he's let her walk away and given up that dream, bc when it comes to emotional stuff for himself, that's what he always does.  

Then he's drugged and hallucinates or dreams his perfect wedding to Felicity. I would love for the show, instead of using that to give us MORE sad Oliver, to make it the kick in the ass he needs to decide to WORK for Felicity. It has so many advantages...finally he'd be, effectively, giving himself a pep talk. Finally he'd be deciding to work and change for Felicity. Finally he'd be doing something to achieve his dreams instead of just sadly and resignedly giving them up. Plus, that would make the halluci-wedding mean something, actually something fairly big and good in Oliver's own psyche. 

Given that this is basically what they did with Felicity - her hallucination prompted her to get her head to a better more proactive place, yeah, I could see this really happening.  Crosses fingers.