Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Here's a WAG:

Maybe I missed something that makes this not remotely feasible but could Felicity in the wheelchair be a ruse? I don't know exactly how that would work but maybe they want Darkh to think she's paralyzed and is a weaker target now? They have her at the debate and Darkh gets physically close to her and she whips out a weapon from hidden in a pocket in the wheelchair? Or the wheelchair itself is a weapon?

• Love 1

I'm fine with Felicity and Curtis working on it together. I just don't want Felicity dealing with her father and Olivers BM and then Curtis just waltzes in with Tech that heals her and saves the company.

Super curious about that tech scene in 4x11 now.

I'm curious too about 4x11. I'm not happy about the WC situation but I do think that this is really going to give some great emotional scenes to Felicity for Felicity and hopefully only for Felicity. I know they will have her, Oliver, MS and the whole team coming to grips with her current status but they also need to allow Emily to act out and to run the gamut of emotions for Felicity while she's  going through and adjusting to this life changing *temporary* news and change of life style.

So any tech introduced too early waving the cure flag might take away from the emotional stake. I mean if they are drawing up blueprints for possible ideas yeah but by the pictures now posted and episode information she will still be in it at episode 4x14. I'm thinking she'll probably stay in the chair until around 4x16-17 depending on what timeline in months on the show that equates out to. But I don't think she'll get out of it any earlier.

I'm also addressing the back half of S4 seems like the emotional tramping ground for Felicity. I look forward to Emily getting to stretch her acting chops I think she is going to surprise and impress a lot of people. I actually hope they show her strengths even more. I think this demonstrates the faith and longevity the show is investing in Emily (plus its about time IMO). I want this to be her journey. She has been there unconditionally and unwavering in her support for Oliver I think it will be nice to see the role reversal. 

Think I've drifted way off topic lol anyway I'm both optimistically looking forward to these scenes if handled properly and pessimistically dreading these scenes if letf to writers who are incapable of capturing what she's dealing with and therefore handling her situation  poorly.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 7

I'm thinking that Felicity doesn't know about her father just yet. I think he will be introduced and the audience will know he's her father then will return in season 5 to fully complete his papa smoak arc. I only think this because Felicity meeting her father with everything going on is a bit too much.

Here's a WAG:

Maybe I missed something that makes this not remotely feasible but could Felicity in the wheelchair be a ruse? I don't know exactly how that would work but maybe they want Darkh to think she's paralyzed and is a weaker target now? They have her at the debate and Darkh gets physically close to her and she whips out a weapon from hidden in a pocket in the wheelchair? Or the wheelchair itself is a weapon?

I'd really like this, lthough I doubt it will happen. I always appreciate a long con.

• Love 1

I can't believe this board called her being his opponent. Is there anything they have done since the s3 finale that hasn't been called by this board? other than the team up w malcolm, bc STUPID.

And then this...

Laura Hurley ‏@lah9891  3m3 minutes ago

I'll say this: I'm impressed by all the work that Arrow fans put in to connect spoiler dots before big spoilers actually come out. #spoiled

Interesting. 

Edited by bethy
  • Love 2

Yeah, if there is a minimal part of this that I find intriguing is seeing Oliver and Felicity trying to deal with it. I wouldn't mind him being the one supporting her and helping her to get out of a dark spot (or at least I'd like to see him try).

Also, if the kid does come out at the debate,in my headcanon Felicity goes "Ha, I already knew all about it, but thanks for caring that much about me" in public, and then runs Oliver over with her wheelchair in private. The last part could be literally or figuratively, I'd like it either way.

• Love 8

And, damn it, all this months while you guys were discussing the possibility of a paralysis, after seeing that wheelchair in that video, I was here in my little corner thinking, "they won't ever put her in a wheelchair, no way, why are they even discussing this". Well, thanks a lot, Arrow.

Serious question, why did you think they'd never do that? There were both in-story and major out-of-story reasons to put her in a wheelchair, so I'm genuinely curious to know why a fair number of people were so sure they wouldn't.

As for Felicity not knowing The Calculator is her father, because this is all too much misery for Felicity, I think this show adores misery, and I am nearly positive she will know he's her father, and evil, and she will be in the wheelchair while all this is going on, and she'll find out about BM and Spawn publicly, while in the wheelchair, be humiliated, dump Oliver, and it will all be totally miserable, because S3 was totally miserable and ratings were great. The past is generally a fantastic predictor of the future. I find it much more surprising that they managed seven-ish relatively cheery episodes than that they'll have ten-ish miserable episodes. It'll be fine in the end, though. 2.23 and 3.23 were both relatively happy, so unless Felicity leaves with her father at the end of the season it'll all turn out okay.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Also, if the kid does come out at the debate,in my headcanon Felicity goes "Ha, I already knew all about it, but thanks for caring that much about me" in public, and then runs Oliver over with her wheelchair in private. The last part could be literally or figuratively, I'd like it either way.

I just want whatever tech scene they were filming in 411 means FLYING WHEELCHAIR, because that's the single possible way I can have fun with this dumbass storyline of stupidity.

Giggle. We're bitching now but wait and see until the wheelchair becomes the most powerful weapon the team has had yet. Maybe it will also be able to transform into a submarine to get to the bottom of the bay.

• Love 4

I'm hoping this wheelchair thing is only temporary because I'm going to need Felicity to stand up and walk out on Oliver's ass once the BM crap is revealed. But it does seem like they're dumping a lot on Felicity right now. I suppose this can be her crucible then she'll finally be worthy of being a hero like everyone else. /sarcasmandeyeroll 

Really though, I don't see the paralysis being permanent because of all the things to FINALLY be realistic about, this is what they would choose? Nah. 

• Love 4

Serious question, why did you think they'd never do that? There were both in-story and major out-of-story reasons to put her in a wheelchair, so I'm genuinely curious to know why a fair number of people were so sure they wouldn't.

I guess I was in denial,haha. Seriously, the video of baby Sara playing on the wheelchair came out and I thought it was just a random wheelchair, being there for no particular reason,or,anyway, not for Felicity. I had my own scenario for 409 and what would happen after, and it didn't involve paralysis at all, so, even while all of you were speculating, I was just willfully ignoring it all, thinking it was another fandom product like the wedding last year or the pregnancy. :)
  • Love 1

I'm hoping this wheelchair thing is only temporary because I'm going to need Felicity to stand up and walk out on Oliver's ass once the BM crap is revealed. But it does seem like they're dumping a lot on Felicity right now. I suppose this can be her crucible then she'll finally be worthy of being a hero like everyone else. /sarcasmandeyeroll 

Really though, I don't see the paralysis being permanent because of all the things to FINALLY be realistic about, this is what they would choose? Nah. 

You know what's really a bummer? If not for the BM idiocy, the wheelchair thing could be a good storyline for Oliver AND Felicity, in that he really would have to be the one lighting her way for once. It would be excellent character growth for him, potentially interesting for her, and a relatively okay relationship obstacle that ends up making them stronger together. Instead, once she finds out about BM she's going to dump him and be flat-out miserable. So it's not only too much misery, it's also a second storyline coming in and ruining any good stuff in the first storyline.

Also, here's why I'm so sure she's going to dump him: (1) it's in her character to do so; (2) the BM drama has to have some kind of purpose. The kid isn't part of the show, isn't interacting with anyone, and there's no indication he will, so the purpose was not to show Oliver as a father. The only other purposes I can think of are the very minor ones of tying up loose ends from S2/S3, throwing in more misery and showing Oliver regressing, which Guggie enjoys, and most importantly, acting as a romantic stall. If they don't break up, nothing is stalled.  

I guess I was in denial,haha. Seriously, the video of baby Sara playing on the wheelchair came out and I thought it was just a random wheelchair, being there for no particular reason,or,anyway, not for Felicity. I had my own scenario for 409 and what would happen after, and it didn't involve paralysis at all, so, even while all of you were speculating, I was just willfully ignoring it all, thinking it was another fandom product like the wedding last year or the pregnancy. :)

For me the wheelchair alone wasn't a major indicator, but the wheelchair showing up post 4.09 AND sitting on the same tile flooring as in the loft was pretty big. But the biggest was The Calculator being her father, because coupled with the post-injury timing and The Calculator in the comics having a daughter who ends up in a wheelchair was near-indisputable. Add in the Oracle stuff, and I was about 99% sure it was going to happen.

Re just being in denial, you're in good company. This show seems to engender a lot of denial in its audience, because it does so many genuinely stupid and inexplicable things.

• Love 2

Also would like this, but there's too much connecting it to it being real. I had a question about the idea of her being out and about considering that Darhk is still out there and that she would be an even clearer target now that she is Oliver's very public fiancee and in a wheelchair. I'm wondering if Darhk just thinks that threatening Oliver might not be the best option at this point? He still needs the mayor, if there is one, to be on HIVE's side, and Oliver seems to still be in the race. Considering the idea that his fiancee was almost shot to death, is now temporarily? in a wheelchair, and is still around supporting him, it kind of sends a message that Oliver and the people that love him are not giving up on his goal to be mayor and to save the city, no matter what happens to them. So, instead, he's going to the next plan. First was directly contacting Oliver and threatening him. Next was threatening his loved ones and even trying to eliminate them to eliminate Oliver's motivation. Next was just killing Oliver and Felicity altogether. None of those plans, no matter how close they were to working, succeeded, so now he's going with a new opponent for Oliver's candidacy. My only questions now are how his wife? is the choice to be Oliver's opponent and how he expects her to beat Oliver at this point, since he's publicly done things to defend the city and that he's still fighting for the city after being personally attacked by a terrorist organization.

But, on the topic going around now, I wonder how the EPs or cast are going to try to explain what's coming (wheelchair, baby mama storyline, etc.) in their probable post-mortem interviews or recaps after 410. There weren't any after 409, so I just assumed that they would have them after they explain what's going to happen to Felicity in 410, and it seems to me that this might be the case. I'm not too optimistic that their word will comfort me in any way, but I would like a comment from them acknowledging and trying to explain what's going on after these weeks of speculation.   

• Love 1

I'm fine with Felicity and Curtis working on it together. I just don't want Felicity dealing with her father and Olivers BM and then Curtis just waltzes in with Tech that heals her and saves the company.

Super curious about that tech scene in 4x11 now.

The SFX scene in 4x11 will probably end up being the beginning stages of the tech idea that makes Felicity able to walk again (and gets PT out of their alleged financial doldrums). And, just like how A.T.O.M. turned out to be an acronym for Palmer's suit that tied him to his comics/superhero persona, Felicity's codename will probably be called O.R.A.C.L.E. or whatever other codename with an "A". All this time of thinking up codenames for Felicity that might have a deeper meaning for her character and it might turn out to just be an acronym that also stands-in as a comic connection/easter egg. Aw, I just made myself sad.

On the upside, I think it was only EBR filming that tech scene in 4x11 so odds are good that it's Felicity that comes up with the idea or, at least, start it off before Curtis, likely, steps in to help her and/or figure out the final puzzle piece in making it work.

• Love 1

I was thinking it won't happen when that wheelchair video first came out because I always thought a wheelchair storyline made no sense for Felicity so they wouldn't do that just do get an oracle comic book easter egg or even use that codename.I thought even if they ever called her oracle it wouldn't require a wheelchair.I don't think it does tbh and I'm pretty sure the longest this will last is until that board meeting and even that seems too long to drag it out imo.And then when the lie about the kid happened and we got news her dad is appearing it made me think it would be too much happening all at once and they will at least save some of the angst for later seasons.

I don't see what they gain from doing this tbh.No one will be happy about this storyline.Felicity fans didn't want it,comic book fans are pissed about the possible oracle thing and I doubt casual viewers will love another misery storyline for a fan favorite character.

• Love 4

My only questions now are how his wife? is the choice to be Oliver's opponent and how he expects her to beat Oliver at this point, since he's publicly done things to defend the city and that he's still fighting for the city after being personally attacked by a terrorist organization.

They spill the Baby Mama secret at the debate. Oliver's candidacy as a viable option would be over.

On the upside, I think it was only EBR filming that tech scene in 4x11 so odds are good that it's Felicity that comes up with the idea or, at least, start it off before Curtis, likely, steps in to help her and/or figure out the final puzzle piece in making it work.

She was the only actor mentioned in that tweet about the scene.

As for why people didn't believe the paralysis storyline would come about, I don't remember being firmly in that camp, but my reasoning against it would be that they seem to be throwing everything at Felicity at once. It's not even compassion for the character, but rather thinking of what they will be left with for her for the next season. 

• Love 1

For me the wheelchair alone wasn't a major indicator, but the wheelchair showing up post 4.09 AND sitting on the same tile flooring as in the loft was pretty big. But the biggest was The Calculator being her father, because coupled with the post-injury timing and The Calculator in the comics having a daughter who ends up in a wheelchair was near-indisputable. Add in the Oracle stuff, and I was about 99% sure it was going to happen.

Re just being in denial, you're in good company. This show seems to engender a lot of denial in its audience, because it does so many genuinely stupid and inexplicable things.

Yeah, I just chose to ignore all that, haha. The best part is that, as of now, I'm still very zen about it. I'm not enraged, disappointed, or fearful that they won't do the storyline justice. Kinda detached from it all, untill the show won't give me reason to get mad.
  • Love 2

As for why people didn't believe the paralysis storyline would come about, I don't remember being firmly in that camp, but my reasoning against it would be that they seem to be throwing everything at Felicity at once. It's not even compassion for the character, but rather thinking of what they will be left with for her for the next season. 

They'll come up with more misery for her next year. Probably more evil dad, an interrupted wedding, a kidnapping, another loved one dying, etc.

Yeah, I just chose to ignore all that, haha. The best part is that, as of now, I'm still very zen about it. I'm not enraged, disappointed, or fearful that they won't do the storyline justice. Kinda detached from it all, untill the show won't give me reason to get mad.

I'm not particularly mad about the wheelchair, because I'm sure it'll be temporary and not particularly realistic (they won't show her having to cath herself or have help cleaning herself after bodily functions or anything like that). I would have been utterly enraged if they'd made her infertile. And I'm still extremely mad about Oliver lying. But I'm fairly zen about the wheelchair as well.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if A.W.O.L. ends up being the tech?  Assisted Something Operating Legs? Operational Limbs?

I just Googled AWOL, there are a bunch of meanings for the Acronym beyond Absent Without Leave.  Two interesting ones are Another Way of Life and A Way of Life.  Hmm, at least one of those will be used in the episode for Felicity's emotional journey

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

They spill the Baby Mama secret at the debate. Oliver's candidacy as a viable option would be over.

In a city where people were getting ready to vote for a woman who had a hand in the murder of over 500 people, a 10-year old secret kid and even an alleged affair (if they go that way) is nothing, LOL.

The only reason I'm for the public announcement of the kid is because that makes it 10x more likely that they'll have to enter the Arrow witness relocation program. Fingers crossed!

• Love 8

In a city where people were getting ready to vote for a woman who had a hand in the murder of over 500 people, a 10-year old secret kid and even an alleged affair (if they go that way) is nothing, LOL.

The only reason I'm for the public announcement of the kid is because that makes it 10x more likely that they'll have to enter the Arrow witness relocation program. Fingers crossed!

The Moira-as-mayor thing really is so dumb that it's impossible to tell what they'll do. But if the writers want Oliver out of the race/to lose, then it's fairly likely, especially if DD's wife manages to keep her marriage to a known criminal secret and come off as a good candidate. And if the cameras zero in on Felicity looking heartbroken (bc I think she'd be even more popular than him), it'd be a big blow.

It's also not just a secret kid...part of his popularity would be about his relationship with Felicity, publicly proposing, sticking with her after she's hurt, etc. If the voters find out that through all that he's had a secret kid/has been seemingly having an affair with BM (to be clear, I DO NOT believe he will actually cheat on Felicity, but it could easily come across that way to voters), then suddenly a lot of his popularity is perceived to be based on lies. So I actually think it'd be a very big blow to his campaign.

And yes, witness relocation, with no future mention ever, is pretty much best case scenario.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Well, 4b so far doesn't sound like must-watch TV. Felicity has to be in a wheelchair, Diggle will probably get his character development on the Flash, Oliver and the BM drama (I really hate that Felicity cannot walk out on him) and the death of character XY. Thea, Laurel and Quentin seem to have nothing to do.

They only thing I am excited about is Felicity's dad but I had hopes it would be more than just a two part story and then they are done.

• Love 1

I think he'll wind up winning, it'll just be a rough patch in the middle to give him some competition until Oliver and co. figure out that she's married to DD and has built an underground apocalyptic fallout corn palace and can blow her out of the water.

• Love 7

I think he'll wind up winning, it'll just be a rough patch in the middle to give him some competition until Oliver and co. figure out that she's married to DD and has built an underground apocalyptic fallout corn palace and can blow her out of the water.

It'd be hilarious if the underground apocalyptic fallout corn palace info goes public, and the voters are all "Huh?"

Do you think he'll stay mayor in future seasons?

I have a crazy question. I know Blood was skewered by Slade but was it ever confirmed he was really most sincerely dead vs mostly dead? Could he come back as possibly mayoral opponent?

ETA: "Underground Apocalyptic Fallout Corn Palace".  I'm seriously cry laughing. Also, new band name.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

What episode were those pics of KC, Stephen and Barrowman from? Or at least I seem to remember there were a bunch with Barrowman over the course of a couple episodes.

Edited by looptab

I truly hope the show goes the way of Witness Protective Program for BM and little William. I can't see either of them bringing anything interesting to the show. They stated Greg Berlanti doesn't introduce a story line that he isn't going to eventually bring to closure. Well I think the story line was pretty much over at the very introduction of it. Oliver has a son, Moira paid Samantha $2M to keep herself and the knowledge of the child from Oliver. Yeah I don't know why the show was trying to give Samantha some sort of high ground about not cashing Moira's check. Hell she spent at least $1M of that $2M and then made unreasonable demands upon Oliver after lying to him for 10 years. Bad thing is I really believe Marc Guggenheim actually thought she had some morally righteous pedestal to stand upon while she cast down her judgment and demands on Oliver.

All that to say this. Samantha was not well received IMO, while no one likes to be critical of a child his presence is not needed or wanted on the show (this is MO). So hopefully they'll close this story line out quickly and quietly with them just fading to the background. The show will still have achieved its goal of closing out a S2 story line, causing some drama and moving the narrative forward about how it all effects Oliver and Felicity. I say effeot Oliver and Felicity because I never felt this story line had much to do with Oliver being a father at all especially since Samantha emphatically made it clear that he could NEVER tell William he was his father (why did they even bother other than you know Greg needing to close out story lines, I really don't think fans cared too much about this story line any how but I could be wrong, I just know I don't care.)

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

But, on the topic going around now, I wonder how the EPs or cast are going to try to explain what's coming (wheelchair, baby mama storyline, etc.) in their probable post-mortem interviews or recaps after 410. There weren't any after 409, so I just assumed that they would have them after they explain what's going to happen to Felicity in 410, and it seems to me that this might be the case. I'm not too optimistic that their word will comfort me in any way, but I would like a comment from them acknowledging and trying to explain what's going on after these weeks of speculation.

I feel like I can fully predict how much I'm going to hate the interviews post 4-10.  There is NO way that even if they intend to make the paralysis temporary, that they don't in the initial interview make it sound like it's going to be permanent (or at least a good chance of it).  So that probably means the MG will be doing combo post fallout of Arrow and HEY WATCH LoT interviews. 

I will do my best not to read them since I know they will tick me off. 

I'm hoping this wheelchair thing is only temporary because I'm going to need Felicity to stand up and walk out on Oliver's ass once the BM crap is revealed. 

Not sure why she has to be out of a wheelchair to break up with him?  Wheelchair users are perfectly capable of breaking up with someone. She can just roll out the door. 

Edited by quarks
  • Love 3

Not sure why she has to be out of a wheelchair to break up with him?  Wheelchair users are perfectly capable of breaking up with someone. She can just roll out the door. 

Of course she can still break up with him, but wheeling herself away, fumbling with the door/trying to get through it while holding it open, needing help getting into a car and her wheelchair loaded, needing help getting out of the car/unloaded back at the loft, and needing help getting the suitcase out of the closet and packing is significantly less satisfying than just stalking out the door.

• Love 2

I think my annoyance over this story is that the masked heroes never get injured (or their 'crucibles' last a couple of episodes) but Felicity is the one stuck in a wheelchair? It's just unnecessary, IMO. 

I thought the whole point of the Batgirl/Oracle story was that Bab's had to find another way to be a hero after she loses the ability to walk, hence becoming Oracle. Well, Felicity is already a hacker and a hero, her domain isn't out in the field anyway, so I struggle to see how this is ultimately about Felicity tbh. I'd stomach this arc better if I was certain it would be about Felicity's character growth rather than relationship obstacles or man pain for someone else. But I don't trust the writers to handle it properly or the way it deserves. I guess we'll see.

Sigh.

I think my annoyance over this story is that the masked heroes never get injured (or their 'crucibles' last a couple of episodes) but Felicity is the one stuck in a wheelchair? It's just unnecessary, IMO. 

I thought the whole point of the Batgirl/Oracle story was that Bab's had to find another way to be a hero after she loses the ability to walk, hence becoming Oracle. Well, Felicity is already a hacker and a hero, her domain isn't out in the field anyway, so I struggle to see how this is ultimately about Felicity tbh. I'd stomach this arc better if I was certain it would be about Felicity's character growth rather than relationship obstacles or man pain for someone else. But I don't trust the writers to handle it properly or the way it deserves. I guess we'll see.

Sigh.

This is why I think this storyline would have been better for a member of the team whose contribution is physical because it would make them re-examine their contribution to the cause. Maybe even motivation. *cough*Thea*cough* However, I can't say that I'm bothered on the level that Felicity is affected. It is a thing that happens to real people and Felicity is probably the most human of the characters.
  • Love 2

This is why I think this storyline would have been better for a member of the team whose contribution is physical because it would make them re-examine their contribution to the cause. Maybe even motivation. *cough*Thea*cough* However, I can't say that I'm bothered on the level that Felicity is affected. It is a thing that happens to real people and Felicity is probably the most human of the characters.

Anyone losing the ability to walk is going to be devastating. Hopefully Felicity herself will question what she can and can't do. Maybe she'll feel disillusioned at some point. Maybe someone else will need to be her light for a change (I hate that damn light metaphor but let's run with it). There's a lot that could come from this and I'm all for Felicity having her own struggles and learning and growing from it. The trouble is I don't see them handling it the way it should be handled. Plus there's plenty of other ways to give someone character growth other than paralyzing them. I don't know. Just seems like a poor choice tbh. 

This storyline makes me queasy for two main reasons:

- because it equates Oracle = wheelchair. Which is entirely missing the point of Babs having to reassert her identity, and not just as a superhero.

- because this writing backwards from an endpoint is THE EXACT way they wrote Laurel becoming BC last season, and I really really really REALLY FOREVER REALLY wish they'd refrain themselves from writing Felicity like they write Laurel.

• Love 17

As wary as I am about how the show is going to handle this development, at least Felicity's crucible is going to be about her and not just her reacting to bad things happening to her loved ones? (::cough::LL's hero journey::cough::) In a way, *something* happening to Felicity was inevitable, with all the anvils of her choosing the vigilante life over living in the suburbs, and accepting that she'd be a target for villains.

And at least we don't have to suffer through another 4 months of "Is Felicity in the graaaaave?" spec.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4

She's gonna find out and she's going to get so depressed I bet. Considering she'll be in a wheelchair and Oliver is going to go back and forth to see his son. (Not saying this is true, just speculating.)

I think apart from everyone on the show, Emily Bett is probably the best one to act out this storyline.

Edited by EmilyBettFan

IMO Felicity will leave the hospital in a wheelchair but will in fact be able to walk just fine. They will be using it to keep her safe. She will have decided that the nanites that were used and modified to fit Ray can be modified to fit her and will shoot herself with them just like she did Ray. She will get well and then they will keep it secret until the Board Meeting. There is no way she wouldn't want to try and do this since it had already been done before. I do think that Curtis will be a part of this just like Felicity was a part of it with Ray. It is my version of how it will go down.

IMO Felicity will leave the hospital in a wheelchair but will in fact be able to walk just fine. They will be using it to keep her safe. She will have decided that the nanites that were used and modified to fit Ray can be modified to fit her and will shoot herself with them just like she did Ray. She will get well and then they will keep it secret until the Board Meeting. There is no way she wouldn't want to try and do this since it had already been done before. I do think that Curtis will be a part of this just like Felicity was a part of it with Ray. It is my version of how it will go down.

How does her pretending to need a wheelchair keep her safe? If anything it makes her easy pickings, in the same way lions go after the old and the lame gazelles.

Also, if the characters decided to have her fake being in a wheelchair for a bunch of episodes, the audience would have to be let in on the secret, because otherwise the audience would be furious at being tricked for like eight episodes, plus the audience would point out all the times that she's totally alone and so wouldn't have needed to fake it, so what would be the point? The idea that it's a fakeout seems like grasping at straws at this point.

Also, they did that storyline with Wells on Flash last season, but seeing as how secret kids showed up on both shows around the same time, that is probably the least convincing reason it won't happen.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Diggle (David Ramsey) must learn to trust his brother Andy (guest star Eugene Byrd) when an enemy of their wartime past, an agent of the criminal organization Shadowspire, pays a visit to Star City. However, Diggle learns more than he bargained for about their shared time at war. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) has to learn a whole new way of life.

Yep, sounds about right. At least this kind of seems like a very Oliver-Diggle-Felicity focused episode. Not OTA material, but focus on each of them regardless.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

Oh I don't know, looks to me like this is Oliver's story, not Felicity's at all! /sarcasm

J/K I know the writers aren't responsible for the episode synopses, so I'll assume that's just...an oversight on the part of whoever does write them, and that Felicity will be centered in her own story.

• Love 4

I love that Oliver, the totally uninjured person, is the one mentioned as having to learn a whole new way of life. Not the actual woman paralyzed and put in a wheelchair.

(They probably wrote it that way to keep pretending Felicity's dead, but I will be very surprised if her paralysis storyline ends up really being about her. I think it's going to be all about Oliver's manpain, guilt, and excuses.)

• Love 7

Well you have to say that they are paying attention not to spoil that Felicity is not dead. But I agree I hope that is where it ends and it won't turn out to be all about Oliver. I somehow doubt it. I feel as though they will make it 65% Oliver, 35% Felicity ;)

How is it that the nanites are supposed to fix a spinal injury? 

The same way they broke up the clot or whatever in Ray's brain.  This is SciFi magic at its best fake as all get out but if the writers want her to be cured then nanites could do it. Shoot it into her body and it will fix anything that's broken unless they program them to just fix the spinal cord. Curtis has like 10 PhD's of course he can program to do it.  I don't believe that's possible but it is TV. It would save the company and save Felicity. (Sorry just watched Heroes Reborn)

• Love 1

The same way they broke up the clot or whatever in Ray's brain.  This is SciFi magic at its best fake as all get out but if the writers want her to be cured then nanites could do it. Shoot it into her body and it will fix anything that's broken unless they program them to just fix the spinal cord. Curtis has like 10 PhD's of course he can program to do it.  I don't believe that's possible but it is TV. It would save the company and save Felicity. (Sorry just watched Heroes Reborn)

I think pretty much everyone expects some impossible miraculous cure, but the difference is that it seems unlikely that it will happen before she is even out of the hospital and that she'll be faking it for some number of episodes.

How does her pretending to need a wheelchair keep her safe? If anything it makes her easy pickings, in the same way lions go after the old and the lame gazelles.

Also, if the characters decided to have her fake being in a wheelchair for a bunch of episodes, the audience would have to be let in on the secret, because otherwise the audience would be furious at being tricked for like eight episodes, plus the audience would point out all the times that she's totally alone and so wouldn't have needed to fake it, so what would be the point? The idea that it's a fakeout seems like grasping at straws at this point.

Also, they did that storyline with Wells on Flash last season, but seeing as how secret kids showed up on both shows around the same time, that is probably the least convincing reason it won't happen.

The logic I apply here is like the "hiding in plain sight" they would be putting Felicity out there in plain sight and there would be no need to kill her because they've done something just as bad. Darhk has paralyzed Felicity and has caused great sorrow for her and Oliver.  I believe he would find much satisfaction out of hurting Oliver in this way. IMO Darhk doesn't really care if Felicity is paralyzed or not as long as there is hurt, grief, sorrow whatever going on. As someone else has already stated that wheelchair could be fixed to be something special and could be used against Darhk and the ghosts. Okay so this is how I would do it but please let me fatasize ;0

If this were to take place I fully believe the audience would be in on this.

• Love 1

I don't think the nantes fixed anything. They either delivered the meds directly to the blood clot or they shrunk the clot out of existence. If Felicity has an injury she needs something that Latches on to correct damage or even something that can do some kind of miracle surgery. Nanites could play a part but they are probably so last year.

Maybe she can take what Star labs learned from Barry's quick healing and find a miracle that way.

• Love 2