Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Well, that is definitely Laurel and Diggle on fire or something in the promo but I don't know what the hell that means. Can Barry still change time? Because that seems like one of the only ways to save them. Unless it's not exactly what it looks like. Who knows?

Felicity and Caitlin are in the same room (i think) and because i have no clue how to post images in here, in this link https://twitter.com/hotsforolicity/status/672144893477822464you'll see the image from the promo. Felicity is sitting in the table when Caitlin walks into the room, so i presume that means Caitlin and Felicity get roasted too 

Yes, Niki sent Michael off to get to know his kid, and I think that happened around a hiatus, so he was there for maybe two episodes, but on the show it was a month or more. But one difference was the mother of the child had real feelings for him and he at least cared very deeply about her. So...it was still a dumb move, but Niki wasn't great at relationships, so it wasn't a surprise, and it was over so fast that it really didn't matter.

In this case, if Felicity sent Oliver off that way, it would be utterly nonsensical. He doesn't even know Samantha, and they never had a real relationship. I would find it OOC for both parties to consider that option. And just logistically, OQ isn't going to CC, so I'm not really concerned about this direction. But if Felicity unconsciously pushed him away for a multitude of reasons--including whatever happens to her in 409--I would find that believable. And if the kid was basically never mentioned again after this period of angst, as on Nikita? Nothing would make me happier.

Just to be clear, I can see Felicity offering to take a pause while Oliver works some stuff out.  I can't see Felicity pushing Oliver to enter a relationship with Baby Mama.  I mentioned yesterday there was a fanfic like that and I found it to be quite stupid. 

Someone on that linked Twitter posting theorized that basically everyone dies (Laurel, Digg, Felicity, Caitlin), and Barry travels back in time, sans Oliver, to save them.  That changes stuff enough that Oliver doesn't find out about the kid.  I don't think that'll happen, but...thoughts?

Edited by AyChihuahua

Maybe that was why Malcolm and his buds were there, to look after the prisoner.  In the dark.  They were always there, just hanging until the right moment to step out of the shadows.

Ha! Thing One, Thing Two, sty here and watch the captive. This is a really amusing image. Although having Lyla be left in charge would certainly make sense.

Yeah, I can kind of see her doing that.  Telling him they can take a break while he works stuff out.  Presumably he declines her offer.

I guess it's possible? Felicity never struck me as a person who thinks compartmentalizing solves problems. And who would move out? And where? Bunking with Sara at Dig's? Oliver staying over on Quentin's couch?
  • Love 1
(edited)

She's not Sandra Hawke that was pure speculation based on the belief that the boy was Connor Hawke. We learned that the boy is named William from one of the promos and one of the writers who previewed the episode let it slip that the mother character is named Samantha.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I'm confused. I thought the Baby Mama was named Sandra Hawke according to IMDB.  Why is she being called Samantha now?

Sandra Hawke is a comic canon character who is half-black and half-Korean.  Baby Mama is not Sandra Hawke.  She was probably going to be, and the kid was going to be Connor Hawke, but there was a big outcry about whitewashing Sandra and Connor, so the EPs scrubbed their plan.  Now it's just random woman and random kid, no comic meaning. 

Which is why some of us are saying none of this should even be in the show.  It does nothing for anyone, it brings a kid on an adult show, and it's not even comic canon.  Total waste in an already busy season.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ah okay. Thanks. Sometimes IMDB is trustworthy and sometimes it's not!

We never had a name in show. There was an interview with Susanna Thompson where she referred to the Baby Mama as Sandra. I really do believe the orignnal intent was to make them Sandra and Connor Hawke but it changed somewhere.

Usually I only trust IMDB after the episode/ movie premieres because someone always goes in and corrects the information.

ETA: the promotional photos for 409 are quite interesting.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Regarding the 409 pics in the spoiler thread:

Aw, that's cute.  Thea has an arrowhead necklace.  Never noticed that before.

A clue: Crossed arms and a pissed off look on my face.  Who am I?

Love the pic of Dig, Thea, and Felicity looking confused/upset and Damien just chilling in the background drinking his wine.

• Love 5

ETA: the promotional photos for 409 are quite interesting.

Any in particular?  I noticed that Felicity's left hand was always covered/turned away, that the beach they're cleaning up is FRIGGING DISGUSTING, and that DD really enjoys a holiday beverage.  The last pic, in which F/D/T are looking at something and are all upset, DD's right behind them sipping away.

Ooh, if you look closely in the last episode you can see Ghost-looking guys, and guests with their hands up.  I'm guessing DD has just done something to Oliver...or maybe Quentin?

Edited by AyChihuahua

It's the last picture with Thea/Diggle/Felicity and DD in the back.

The look on Felicity's face makes me think something bad happens to Oliver or Mama Smoak.

The pics at the beach are interesting too. There's an attack there and looks like Felicity is using her tablet for something.

• Love 1

It's the last picture with Thea/Diggle/Felicity and DD in the back.

The look on Felicity's face makes me think something bad happens to Oliver or Mama Smoak.

The pics at the beach are interesting too. There's an attack there and looks like Felicity is using her tablet for something.

That pic on the beach reminds me of them storming into Nanda Parbat last season and Felicity taking out a league member with a tablet frisbee, only not.

I'm putting my money on Oliver or Donna as well. So, she and Lance are a definite go. I can't lie, I am looking forward to the reactions from everyone.

And Scott is there. Is that Curtis' husband's name? I feel like it is for some reason but I don't know why.

Alert: there are two separate daytime set ups. One is at the beach clean up. The other is when Oliver is devastated and talking to the press. Both his and Laurel's clothes are different. At first I thought he just had his shirt and tie under the (awful) jacket, but there is a black collar peeking out under that. And Laurel's in a camel coat or jacket with a turleneck beneath at the beach, and in a greyish leather jacket with a lower cut top in the other.

Felicity's coat looks cute and I really like Thea's outfit at the party. It's very her.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 2

Scott after Barrowman's husband who had the idea to make Thea Malcolm's child?

I love that both Felicity and Donna are in red dresses for the party.  If there's a strike during the clean up (DD told you not to do it Oliver), is that when Felicity gets hurt rather than during the limo ride?

One of the words to describe the Olicity in this episode is 'honorable.' What does that mean?

My guess is that Samantha asks Oliver to stay out of the kid's life and he sadly agrees to.

I really really REALLY don't want them to be resetting time.  It takes the emotional weight off everything if you can have a do-over.

Scott after Barrowman's husband who had the idea to make Thea Malcolm's child?

I love that both Felicity and Donna are in red dresses for the party.  If there's a strike during the clean up (DD told you not to do it Oliver), is that when Felicity gets hurt rather than during the limo ride?

I really really REALLY don't want them to be resetting time.  It takes the emotional weight off everything if you can have a do-over.

No resetting time. If they make shit happen, they need to deal with the consequences. 

I just imagined that the bay clean-up is towards the start of the episode but it could be that something happens there as well. Although I would find it extremely shitty for people to make Oliver put on a tie and talk to the press if Felicity is in danger.

No producer's preview?

Edited by bijoux

Going by Canadagrpahs writeup and what SA said at the con. The proposal is right before they get into the limo. They play Little Drummer Boy over the limo scene and the episode will ruin the song for us...those of us who didn't remember The West Wing episode anyway.

So I'm guessing IF Felicity gets hurt it is at the very end of the episode

I can't comment on rings or lack of them, since I'm too focused on Damien Darhk's yes, yes, something is happening over there, but this is really an outstanding whiskey for this sort of event! If only you guys had also chosen to serve cupcakes!

• Love 7

If this show is introducing time travel tonight, then I'mma need Barry to go back a bit further and stop Oliver from buying that ugly shirt he was wearing last night. And stop Felicity from buying that horrid coat.

Wait, which coat? The one from last night? I loved that one, LOL! When people mention Felicity's horrid coat I think of the tan one from original Flarrow crossover ep. THAT was horrid.

So something happens at the party ... and yet Felicity and Oliver will still take a limo ride after? They looked pretty distressed in those preview pics so what happens to whom? Hmmm ...

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

Looks like 3 bad things happen. Something happens at the bay, something happens at the holiday party and then something bad happens to the limo.

It's like 2x09 Three Ghosts. If this episode was anywhere near as good, I would not complain.

• Love 1

Looks like 3 bad things happen. Something happens at the bay, something happens at the holiday party and then something bad happens to the limo.

Diggle Thea and Felicity all get hurt? With Felicity getting the worst :(

I had a bad thought last night guys and girls: We might hear Felicity calling Oliver "My love" when she's "Dying"!

I'm dying here. The house they are using in that sneak peek? I'm 99.9 % sure Supernatural used it for the 2nd episode of this season. LOL.  RUN AWAY TEAM ARROW!! RUN AWAY!!  Or you know enlist the Winchesters.

So honey is definitely a thing in this relationship. Turns out, I'm OK with it. Huh.

"Honey, where is my super suit?!" 

-- I've been okay with wives and their superhero husbands calling each other "honey" since 2004 :p

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 10

Diggle Thea and Felicity all get hurt? With Felicity getting the worst :(

I had a bad thought last night guys and girls: We might hear Felicity calling Oliver "My love" when she's "Dying"!

Oh, don't worry.  When someone is dying they always bump up the endearments to "Baby". 

I think they're going to break up and/or someone dies tonight, but then shenanigans ensue.  Laura Hurley is really making this sound like a very rough episode.

Even if they did break up today they are fine next week so that isn't a worry for me.  I think it's more likely that Felicity IS mad that he has a surprise kid which we will all hate because it's not really fair. Her anger will likely be wrapped up in something along the lines of there is always some new secret from your past.  Which I won't like but again, she's allowed to have a human reaction as long as she gets her head on straight later.  It's probably just going to be the OOC-ness that is infuriating. 

• Love 1

Parallel alert! I hate these writers

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CVQsh1HUEAAeh0J.mp4

What parallel, him leaving to fight Ra's last year? Where is this from? It's not in that clip where they all arrive at the farm even if it obviously comes straight after it.

I wonder where Oliver's going. Pretty sure not to Samantha's house seeing as I seem to recall him being in a different outfit for that. I guess to investigate, although I'm not clear on how he would be going about that.

I can't fathom they would do that. It makes no sense at all.

Neither did Oliver putting Malcolm under his protection in S3.  But he did it.  And these are all the same writers.

I'm a known pessimist, but Laura Hurley isn't, and she's seen the episode.  Check out her Tumblr right now and tell me it doesn't sound bad.