Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

No, no, not that storyline. The one where Chuck gets kidnapped and Sarah goes all crazy intense looking for him and she goes to Malaysia to find him where she's known as the Blonde She-Male. She goes rogue and intense and a bit of her humanity is stripped away because Chuck IS her humanity .

Oh yeah that one. I hated that episode. Sorry. So it's in that buried part of my brain where it hopes to be forgotten.

Oh yeah that one. I hated that episode. Sorry. So it's in that buried part of my brain where it hopes to be forgotten.

I didn't like it as well. It's one of my fears for Arrow :p

But then I see that video of Oliver electrocuting that guy and walking away like it's NBD and it makes me think they're going to go this route "unbridled rage" and all. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I don't mind OQ going the unbridled rage route. But I want him to still keep his humanity in the present day on his own. FS has been so entwined in his humanity, that it makes sense that he might go off the rails.

But I want him to get himself on track. It's been 4 yrs, he shouldn't need FS there to keep him on track or get him thru all the time. I want to see OQs character growth that despite his rage he maintains his humanity.

I also wonder if this is where we will see the big parallel to Poppy. On the island he loses his shit & goes dark. But in the pd, after spending time with FSs he no longer loses himself no matter how emotional or angry he becomes.

• Love 3

There are screencaps of a Flarrow preview clip floating around on twitter.

qMsWjuN.jpg

Two observations: 1) The Arrow Bunker is already getting more visitors than the Lair did; so much for a secret hideout and 2) This must the the scene DR was talking about in his story about SA's involuntary butt clenching.

• Love 13

2) This must the the scene DR was talking about in his story about SA's involuntary butt clenching.

Hee. I've gotta be honest, I was looking for it in the promo pics.

I am also greatly amused that they have Hawkman tied up after he presumably shows up for Kendra after Savage. How many psychos are tracking you, anyhow? bTW, has she been in any sort of danger on The Flash so far? Because they've got to know that Savage is someone really big to bring her along to SC, not just your garden variety stalker.

• Love 1

Yeah DR & WH are on brink of losing it. Can't wait to see it in action.

Can we not use the cage because Andy is there still? Or because of HMs wings?

Those chains are intense.

I was just thinking that.  Time to buy another cage.  Or outfit Laurel's basement. 

• Love 6

I was just thinking that.  Time to buy another cage.  Or outfit Laurel's basement.

And there is her plot. This week on "that's so laurel" ~ watch as LL tackles the DIY renovation of your standard basement into a posh holding cell for unwanted visitors and beloved family members.

• Love 15

AR408B_0231b_595_Mini20Logo20TV20white20

Do they try to swindle Savage? The Hawks are in chains and it looks like Barry and Oliver are handing them over. Hey, Vandal, wanna hang out in our dope warehouse? We'll throw in some reincarnated peeps as party favors.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 2

Hawkman is short.

I don't know if he's actually short but the suit certainly makes him look stumpy. That low slung utility belt makes his legs look short and bunches up his pants. That part is not so visible in this pic but I noticed it in some other(s).

• Love 1

is that Laurels basement? The place where we see the Hawks in chains.

You think she started subletting it for balls and chains parties? :) I think it's just your standard abandoned warehouse in the Glades. How many warehouses are there in the Glades, anyhow?

• Love 2

I finally remember where I saw the Hawkman actor before, May kicked his ass in Agents of Shield last season. 

I'm thinking that's one of hundreds of abandoned warehouses in Star(ling) City.

I also love how easily people are calling it Star City even on the Flash they are calling it that. When here in Chicago we won't even call the Sears Tower, the Willis Tower, it's been named that since 2009. And that's just a building. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 9

I haven't had a chance before now to look Tom Amandes up - been crazy busy this week. It looks like he's been a guest star in several shows I've watched (Castle, Numb3rs, JAG), but I don't remember him. I have the vaguest of vague recollections of him in No Ordinary Family (he was Julie Benz's character's boss, right?), but not enough to base an opinion on. So I'll take everyone else's word for it that it's a good choice.

I just think it's kind of funny that last week a lot of us were thinking Felicity's father might get pushed off yet again, and now here he is. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I think that picture is moments before we see that scene from the promo, with the Arrow-van and Diggle and Black Canargh! (and Thea?)jumping into the action.

They aren't even going to do a press-screening?

Edited by looptab

Not who I would have cast but we'll see. He's a lot older than CR so maybe Donna wanted an older man who she thought would take care of her.

CR looks younger than her age and TA has the greying hair.  But she is actually 47 while TA is 56 - that's only a 9 year age difference.  (For comparison, EBR is 24 and SA is 34 - that's a 10 year age difference.)

Why oh why did we get an actor with the same initials as Team Arrow?

• Love 8

The Hawkman actor is, I believe, fairly short.  It makes his arms look weird to me, because they're disproportionately large. 

Also, still don't give a crap about the Hawks, and in fairness to me, neither does the CW, based on the Flarrow universe poster.

With the poster, I just think the CW is too lazy to make a new poster. That's an even more photoshopped version of the Comic Con one. I could've made that poster. Cut this person out, move them here, put this person in front of this person, shrink that person and add a fire overlay or darken the bottom because not everyone has their full legs showing. 

Of course if it were me and I had access to getting better pictures I would've made sure everyone had legs before even deciding to make a poster. Having do hide the bottom with texture overlays makes it look fanmade. Not professionally made. 

Edited by Sakura12

I don't have a problem with the poster being all photoshop, I have a problem with the poster being Bad Photoshop.

Missing the Hawks who are taking center stage in the crossover.

Showing the LOT members who aren't in the crossover at all.

Placing Laurel fairly front and center when she isn't even in the Flash portion of the crossover and probably not in the Arrow portion much either.

Missing the Arrow and Flash actors who are in both (Diggle, Thea, Felicity, Cisco).

It's hardly passable as a 3-show poster and a complete fail as a crossover poster.

• Love 10

This is only 1 of the posters for the event.

The original poster released was just Arrow/Flash (TV Echo just brought it over to Super hero thread) but that was released awhile ago (I can track down the date on spoiler TV if you want).

Then they tweeted out the 1 Week Poster with Vandal Savage (yesterday).

This poster wasn't even tweeted out, it was sent to the Arrow Writers or Production Team and they took a picture to tweet out.  I think you guys are putting way more importance on 1 old poster than it requires.  I wouldn't be surprised if that poster is more designed for the January return when Flash/Arrow/LoT airs night after night and will be used at the Winter TCAs.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

This poster wasn't even tweeted out, it was sent to the Arrow Writers or Production Team and they took a picture to tweet out.  I think you guys are putting way more importance on 1 old poster than it requires.  I wouldn't be surprised if that poster is more designed for the January return when Flash/Arrow/LoT airs night after night and will be used at the Winter TCAs.

The thing is, the poster doesn't make sense as a representation of anything: 

If for the crossover, why include characters NOT in the crossover, or BARELY in the crossover, and NOT include, or BARELY include characters who are front and center in the crossover?

If for the overall universe, why leave out Digg, Thea, Caitlin, Cisco, Felicity, Hawkman, Wells, and Joe?  And again, why BARELY include major characters Hawkgirl, Firestorm, and Sara?

If just an orgy of masks, why include Stein, and leave out Thea, Hawkman and Digg?

So basically, it's a fail poster regardless of what it is intended to represent.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

TV Echo just posted something from CH in the Social Media Thread (there's a really cute picture to go with it).  

Colton Haynes ‏@ColtonLHaynes
I can't believe I'm postin this but behold...the time I got tickets to the Superman premiere when I was in high school & fanboyed cause @brandonjrouth took a pic with me...now we work together...so freakin hilarious! #ThatMop #BrandonLooksLikeAWaxFigure #IlookRidiculous #Throwback #Arrow #Legends   https://instagram.com/p/-euByZjTCg/
11:52 AM - 24 Nov 2015

Do we think CH and BR are working together on 412?  Is CH also doing a stint on LoT while he's in Vancouver?  Just because all 3 shows film on the same sets and they ran into each other this morning?  It just seems weird to post this now, since they actually had scenes together in S3

Edited by Morrigan2575

IIRC, MG said that CH is just planned for the one Arrow episode.  So I think CH"s "we work together" refers to when the Atom electrocuted Roy and left him unconscious on the ground.  CH probably keeps in touch with some cast members - or maybe ran into BR around the set.

• Love 1

Good thing the LoT cast had a photoshoot recently so I imagine they'll get a poster that's a better representation of their show soon. Because seriously, you can barely even see Sara on that poster. It's ridiculous. 

I love his rationales. They are essentially what we all have been saying. The earth 2 section though that is an interesting take. I doubt OQ would cry over an E2, but I do wonder if perhaps they will DD kidnap a E1 character, have an E2 take their place. The E2 is killed and then have E1 miraculously return. It wouldn't be the first false funeral on a TV. The death still sticks and the show gets to keep the character. It's plausible. Although if they are going that route, I still think its a Lance (E1 or E2) in the grave. Because that emotional response is not fitting for FS, Dig or TQ, also BA would not be late for FS's funeral. And because let's face it, the Lance in story and on the show are the most vulnerable.

I'm sorry but there is part of me that just isn't believing what the writers are telling us. I believe they did not know until recently. So every other interview comment before when they finalize the death, I believe has the potential to be a bold face lie or exaggeration. Later interviews after 409, I think is when they will have to stick a little closer to the truth, but they are still going to mince words. Those are the interviews to really pick apart.

• Love 1

I really think this death will stick and they won't use Earth 2 to get out of it.That is a flash storyline and I don't think they would use that in a big way on Arrow,they didn't even use the time travel thing last season even though I remember there being theories about that.

I also don't think its going to be a minor character or someone we meet this season.It would be beyond underwhelming to kill off someone like that after all the hype and I think they are aware of that.IMO they knew who is in the grave from the start.They might have had a backup option but I don't believe they didn't know who it was while filming the grave scene.

I'm still on its a Lance and leaning more towards Laurel.

I thought it was interesting that DR discussed Oliver's connection to each of the grave candidates except Laurel--he focused on Quentin's loss of her instead of Oliver's. The author of the article noted that she was someone important to Oliver in the comics, but DR didn't mention it. I guess he also didn't mention Digg's connection to Oliver, but their brotherhood is clearly established.

I love the way DR ships Olicity, and I love his appreciation of Felicity as a character whether she's romantically involved with Oliver or not. Whenever Felicity puts Oliver in his place, Digg looks on in amused appreciation. I've never seen him enjoy Oliver and Laurel's interactions, even when she was still a LI.

• Love 5

Killing one of the normal people will be lame. They need to kill a masked person to heighten the danger they through every night they go out and face villains.

Which brings poor Roy around again. Maybe he's coming back just to be killed off. They did it with Sara.

• Love 2

I hope not. Obviously this could change, depending on what he gets up to while he's in town, but Roy's caught up with The Calculator. So, if he dies, it seems like it would be something to do with that, not something to do with HIVE, and the "him" Oliver would be talking about is Felicity's father. Not here for that drama. I guess it all depends on what The Calculator is blackmailing him with.

• Love 2

Which brings poor Roy around again. Maybe he's coming back just to be killed off. They did it with Sara.

It could be him. I mean it is lame but something Arrow will do. Last time they thought not that many people liked Sara and they were wrong. Watch them be wrong about Roy too. 

• Love 2

Timing doesn't line up. Roy is back in 412, death will be late in the season, 419-420

He's back in 4x12, so far. They say they don't have plans for more appearances, but who knows. 

I don't think it's him though.

Edited by apinknightmare

He'd need to come back closer to the death episode to remind the general audience why they should care.  If we hear he's coming back around 4.18, I'd definitely be on board that it's him.

Even though it's Quentin.

• Love 1

He's back in 4x12, so far. They say they don't have plans for more appearances, but who knows.

I don't think it's him though.

That is true. However, I really think it would be a major, major cop-out to build a season long death up and, have it be a character that is essentially a red shirt. Edited by Morrigan2575