Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't understand how any television viewer could actually think they're killing off Felicity.  I get that some people WANT them to kill her off, but how could anyone possibly think they actually will?  So ridiculous.

Easily. Felicity's not in the comics and she's presumably standing in the way of a comic canon love story. Of course some people are convinced they need to kill off Felicity. 

I actually don't think it's outside the realm of possibility tbh. This show does dumb stuff all the time. But I still think it's Quentin. 

Easily. Felicity's not in the comics and she's presumably standing in the way of a comic canon love story. Of course some people are convinced they need to kill off Felicity. 

I actually don't think it's outside the realm of possibility tbh. This show does dumb stuff all the time. But I still think it's Quentin. 

But that is wanting it to happen.  I totally understand wanting it to happen.  The show is not going to kill of the (basically) inarguably second most important and liked character.

But that is wanting it to happen.  I totally understand wanting it to happen.  The show is not going to kill of the (basically) inarguably second most important and liked character.

I'm sure some people who want it to happen also believe it will happen. A lot of haters think Felicity is the most hated and that the show is only catered to comic book fans (visit Facebook for a nice dose of hater delusion) so of course they think she'll die. 

Honestly, I'm not saying it will happen so I hope people don't freak out (!!) but it wouldn't shock me at all. Some shows have a 'kill your darlings' kind of mentality. It happens. 

It will be the same people that last season were shrieking " OMG OLIVER IS DEAD!!!!!" We all knew he wasn't, I frankly couldn't believe that some viewers truly thought he was. All the same, it will be the same reaction. Meanwhile we sit here like Iago on Aladdin going "Big surprise. I think I'm going to have a heart attack and die from that surprise!" Lol

• Love 11

Yeah, I don't know how anyone could have thought that Oliver was really dead last season since the show is called, you know, Arrow, but to paraphrase Mencken, you can't go broke underestimating the intelligence of the public.

How does that work?  We're supposed to believe that someone is injured in the December cliffhanger and then dies in April?  Confused. 

Me too until I thought "coma", that soap opera staple.  With the Lazarus Pit gone now, Oliver wouldn't have been able to save her. and she would gradually die

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

So the Star City Bay = Dark Waters (aka the title for episode 9?)

This makes me think that the bay will be important in the midseason finale. I don't think it's another LP (after they went through Nyssa having to destroy the one in NP), maybe Felicity drowns in said 'dark waters'? This makes sense because it doesn't look like Felicity has been hurt with those BTS photos that the guy from IGN posted. 

• Love 1

I thought there was a time jump between 309 and 310. A few weeks at least.

Last season there wasn't any time jump until 311, if I remember correctly. In 310, Oliver had only been missing for a few days.

Edited by Guest

It will be the same people that last season were shrieking " OMG OLIVER IS DEAD!!!!!" We all knew he wasn't, I frankly couldn't believe that some viewers truly thought he was. All the same, it will be the same reaction. Meanwhile we sit here like Iago on Aladdin going "Big surprise. I think I'm going to have a heart attack and die from that surprise!" Lol

And SA, etc., were pushing that.  Like okay, SA, if your character is dead and gone and you're no longer on the show WHY ARE YOU SITTING THERE DOING PROMOTION FOR IT?!?

Honestly, I'm not saying it will happen so I hope people don't freak out (!!) but it wouldn't shock me at all. Some shows have a 'kill your darlings' kind of mentality. It happens.

I can see Guggie wanting to do that, but I am 100% sure, literally 100%, that Berlanti and the network and the studio would fire him before they would let him kill Felicity.  I have exactly zero concern that it's her.

• Love 1

Last season there wasn't any time jump until 311, if I remember correctly. In 310, Oliver had only been missing for a few days.

That makes more sense. I knew there was a time jump mid-season, but I forgot which episodes.

So the Star City Bay = Dark Waters (aka the title for episode 9?)

This makes me think that the bay will be important in the midseason finale. I don't think it's another LP (after they went through Nyssa having to destroy the one in NP), maybe Felicity drowns in said 'dark waters'? This makes sense because it doesn't look like Felicity has been hurt with those BTS photos that the guy from IGN posted.

I don't think it's foreshadowing for what's going to happen to Felicity. DD really did not want Oliver cleaning up that Bay. Could be because he's operating out of that slip, but it seems like he's definitely using the water for something.

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm not sure how they're expecting that to pass with the audience, although I'm sure it will for some people.

How does that work?  We're supposed to believe that someone is injured in the December cliffhanger and then dies in April?  Confused. 

Slow acting poison that takes approximately 4 months to kill?  LOL

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

So, I'm obsessed with DD's concern with the Starling Bay. If my crack theory of some sort of channeling of the water into a makeshift Lazarus Pit isn't true (and it's probably not), what are the chances that he's going to taint the water supply? Either to get an army of citizens all DNA-scrambled and mind controlled to work on his behalf or...something of the like?

I don't understand why he would want to make the bay a giant LP? Wouldn't he want to keep that water to himself? A bay that's right in the heart of Star City seems like it would give to many people the ability to use it.

I didn't mean that he was making the bay a giant LP necessarily, just that he was channeling the bay's water to expand his own LP or something. But I initially came up with that theory last night when I was still thinking the "ghosts" were actual dead people brought back to life, but I guess that can't be since he's able to suck the life out of them with his hand when he couldn't do that with Thea. I thought he'd want to use it to reanimate a shitload of corpses to make them all bend to his will, or something along those lines.

Edited by apinknightmare

Ah, ok now I get you I thought you meant turning the bay into an LP. Channeling the water would make sense if the ghosts were dead but it doesn't seem like they are. There's definitely something important with the bay, I just have no idea what.

So, I'm obsessed with DD's concern with the Starling Bay. If my crack theory of some sort of channeling of the water into a makeshift Lazarus Pit isn't true (and it's probably not), what are the chances that he's going to taint the water supply? Either to get an army of citizens all DNA-scrambled and mind controlled to work on his behalf or...something of the like?

Didn't Ray say something about putting the mind control drug in the water supply? Kind of anvil-y if you ask me. LOL.

Let's see, in the FB's we have Reiter wanting Oliver and the workers searching for something in the water.  Maybe Starling Bay has something similar in the dark waters?

I still think that whatever Reiter is searching for is what DD has in his possession already. The box/map thing maybe. 

Edited by Guest

Question... Why would the show want to bring back the LP if they want death to have meaning again?

Because if someone can create an LP out of the bay, who's to say someone can't create another LP elsewhere if they want it?

• Love 1

Question... Why would the show want to bring back the LP if they want death to have meaning again?

Because if someone can create an LP out of the bay, who's to say someone can't create another LP elsewhere if they want it?

There isn't really bringing it back though, Damien Darhk has one. Or had one - maybe with the magic he doesn't need it anymore? Or maybe they forgot that whole thing about him stealing waters from the Pit and U-Hauling them away from NP?

I have found an upside to FS being injured - perhaps she will need more protection and Dig can become her personal security guard... then we finally get FS/Dig scenes!!

Personally I like the his & her stab wounds as a theory - because what does one get off the registry for FS & OQ? I can almost hear DD's evil monologue now about finding him the perfect present to celebrate their engagement.

The Bay is important - but I don't think its related to whatever puts FS in the hospital. Because its pretty obvious now that FS will be the injured party.

• Love 2

Personally, I want Felicity to hire Digg as head of security for Palmer Tech (also now that Ray has shown he doesn't give a damn about the company, does that mean Felicity is clear to change the name to Queen Inc?) because:

1. Diggle needs a job
  2. We need more Diggle/Felicity scenes
  3. I feel like Curtis/Diggle would play off each other well
  4. Oliver visiting PT will now be more fun and probably more prominent because his two most important team members are there
  5. If Oliver visits more we'd probably get more scenes in PT which means we'll get to see more CEO Felicity
  6. We need to see Diggle's life outside of the mission/family
  • Love 13

Yeah, Diggle was at the gala as Oliver's bodyguard again.

I just want Diggle and Felicity to go to Big Belly Burger together and share fries and talk.

I feel like Curtis/Diggle would play off each other well

Echo Kellum has talked about them sharing scenes. For all that I know, though, it could have just been overstating them being in the field together last week. Or well, Curtis and Spartan being in the field together.

I am laughing really hard at his and her wound here, by the way.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 3

Does anybody else feel like the writers' room is just trying a little too hard to imitate JK Rowling and Harry Potter Book 6?

The Ghosts = The Inferi

The Bay = The Cave

Horcruxes = DD's closet, locket & perhaps the box

Snape = QL

Draco = FB OQ

Perhaps ~ Andy = RAB

Both end in a major character death - here's hoping this is where they take a different path because unlike HP, I don't think ARROW could sustain losing a fan favorite to death. It worked in HP because the series was ending, but hopefully Arrow has more life in it.

Well DD was the "father figure" of HP and Lance is kind of that on Arrow.  Oliver has had this reverence for Lance that has been questioned this season Just like DD in Harry Potter 6.

Edited by tarotx

So if the general audience think she's dead and those people don't come back to watch the show then hopefully that will tell them you can't kill Felicity because well she does good with ratings and not to mention press and merchandise.

people will watch to 4x10. they will want to know if Felicity is really dead or not

Well DD was the "father figure" of HP and Lance is kind of that on Arrow.  Oliver has had this reverence for Lance that has been questioned this season Just like DD in Harry Potter 6.

Another good parallel.

I was on the brink of quitting tumblr during winter hiatus last year because the non-stop reblogs of all the gifs and screenshots of Oliver getting skewered were making me sick. I hope that they don't graphically show how badly Felicity gets hurt, but this show loves its shocking scenes.

• Love 3

I wonder if she gets both  stabbed and then thrown in the bay. Check & Check for achieving both parallels. Then we wonder if she drowns or dies as a result on exsanguination. Of course there will be some timely rescuing from the bay to open up Winter premiere. Hopefully not by Poppy (to parallel Maseo), but maybe a shadowy figured PapaSmoak. Then he leaves her in the hospital, to be cared for and he returns later in the season.

• Love 2

Well being stabbed is like a Queen Family initiation..... So that would make sense :p 

I just know that the injuries probably aren't visible to the face (because of that BTS photo)... 

So I'm guessing Felicity is stabbed/drowned or both and she falls into a coma.

Episode 10 is probably a 1 month flash forward (following real time) which is why Oliver has time to straight up electrocute and murder people and have emotional moments with Donna.

Felicity will probably wake up in the middle of that episode and go to work the next week (which Oliver will probably be vehemently against). 

I wonder if she gets both  stabbed and then thrown in the bay. Check & Check for achieving both parallels. Then we wonder if she drowns or dies as a result on exsanguination. Of course there will be some timely rescuing from the bay to open up Winter premiere. Hopefully not by Poppy (to parallel Maseo), but maybe a shadowy figured PapaSmoak. Then he leaves her in the hospital, to be cared for and he returns later in the season.

If they do that they might as well have Felicity have thoughts of the most important people in her life ending with Oliver but what kiss would they use?

If they do that they might as well have Felicity have thoughts of the most important people in her life ending with Oliver but what kiss would they use?

I doubt they will because they don't want to go overboard. They are only trying to hint to the flash fwd grave, not actually put her there. They want people to tune into the premiere to see if she is alive, not just pass her off as dead. OTH, last season they wanted us to believe that he was dead which explains the reason they showed his last thoughts.

But if they did. I would imagine that Diggle, MamaSmoak, obviously OQ would be on the list. Perhaps some group shot of Team Arrow. As for the kiss, I am guessing that they are gonna flashback to the yin/yang or the proposal kiss.

• Love 1

Well being stabbed is like a Queen Family initiation..... So that would make sense :p

I was going to write I'm kind of hoping they will stab her so she can join the club but crap on a cracker.  They are going to stick her in a wheelchair for a while at least.