Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Well rushed storyline was rushed storyline. 4x05 was more about setting up Constantine and setting adding to Diggles storyline then it was about bringing back Sara and dealing with all the issues at hand. Everyones reactions to Sara coming back was extremely rushed especially Olivers. The writers set up a semi-new storyline between Oliver/Laurel that was ended just as fast as it was introduced, it was nice that they dealt with their issues with each other but it was like blink and you'll miss it. "Saving" Sara was just lame and half-assed, along with Laurel learning that her sister had no soul and immediately just going in for the kill.

This is the type of episode that needed to be focused entirely on the Sara/Laurel storyline instead of jumping between flashback/"A" plot/"B" plot/""C-ish" plot. The entire storyline was just badly written and just served make sure Sara was alive.

Hey at least it's over :p

• Love 2

I doubt there will be much difference. Perhaps some light changes. But that is how the collective minds of Oliver and Laurel were seeing the resurrection. They had to pull her out of the waters because that is where her soul was since a little of everybody is left in the pit. But most of Sara was still in the magic of the pit. Constantine was fighting the real thing that was holding her down. If we were seeing this resurrection via Constantine's point of view than it would probably look scarier.  

I do think Sara was more in control as the episode went on. Killing the blokes probably helped the bloodlust enough for her to hone onto the imagine of Thea and the settle the score kill impulses. 

See I didn't really understand that, like we may learn about later on but they didn't even address Saras soul apart from it being in the pit. Was her soul in heaven? in hell? In limbo? No where? Did the Pit pull her soul out of any of those places? 

so about the episode that leaked. 

Why do Laurel and Oliver have to be friends? Seriously, other than because comics there is not a gotdamn reason they have to be friends or even frienemies.  Can't they just be working together and that's all. 

Ugh. HATE

• Love 8

Why do Laurel and Oliver have to be friends? Seriously, other than because comics there is not a gotdamn reason they have to be friends or even frienemies.  Can't they just be working together and that's all. 

Ugh. HATE

If I look for the worst-case scenario

in order to justify that she will be the shoulder Oliver cries on when Felicity is in the grave?

*jinx*

• Love 1

Ugh. HATE

Just MHO, but it doesn't really bother me all that much? Let them be friends, so hopefully the tension and sniping can end. Oliver seems really happy, and he's moving on, so it makes sense to me for them to throw away their baggage. I happened super fast, but that's the way I prefer Laurel stuff, haha.

• Love 5

Just MHO, but it doesn't really bother me all that much? Let them be friends, so hopefully the tension and sniping can end. Oliver seems really happy, and he's moving on, so it makes sense to me for them to throw away their baggage. I happened super fast, but that's the way I prefer Laurel stuff, haha.

I would be completely fine if the sniping stopped but I expect Laurel will still be Laurel and Oliver will need to take a number to queue for kissing her ass.

• Love 9

I guess that would be fine, but I don't believe it will actually signal the end of the tension and sniping and death glaring from KC.  

• Love 2

I didn't like that they tried to introduce a whole subplot about L/O that involved Olivers running for mayor and having it done within what felt like 5 minutes. Like if you are going to do it, at least let me get some paparazzi and of course SHOW US that the media is trying to pick up on it instead of just telling us that they will. Oliver was more then fine with going with it and we never really saw why he just drops it, the "hallway" scene didn't seem like it was that much to make a huge change. 

Malcolm said a part of everybody is in the pit. On the vision quest Laurel&Oliver have to retrieve Sara from the pit. So even if they don't address it , we have an answer imo. Far more than just a piece of Sara was left in the pit.  I think they will deal with the Pit Blood lust on Arrow and how it forces Sara to leave to keep Thea safe from her.  I do think Sara will deal with where she was and what is out there after life on LOT more so than on Arrow.  But they could haunt Laurel with know Sara saying she was in Heaven or relieve Laurel if Sara was in hell. But there are still episode 6&8 that we know will feature Sara and/or the LOT cast.

See I didn't really understand that, like we may learn about later on but they didn't even address Saras soul apart from it being in the pit. Was her soul in heaven? in hell? In limbo? No where? Did the Pit pull her soul out of any of those places? 

I didn't like that they tried to introduce a whole subplot about L/O that involved Olivers running for mayor and having it done within what felt like 5 minutes. Like if you are going to do it, at least let me get some paparazzi and of course SHOW US that the media is trying to pick up on it instead of just telling us that they will. Oliver was more then fine with going with it and we never really saw why he just drops it, the "hallway" scene didn't seem like it was that much to make a huge change. 

Yeah, they basically just had a fight and decided to drop their issues without ever really talking about it, so it was pretty abrupt. They tied this whole messy-ass storyline up with a neat little bow.

• Love 2

I guess that would be fine, but I don't believe it will actually signal the end of the tension and sniping and death glaring from KC.  

I actually felt warmth from Laurel in a couple of scenes with Oliver. And Amell also wasn't constipated! If this is the new vibe, it'll be less hilarious for me, but also less infuriating for everyone else? I'm willing to give up my point & laugh opportunities for the greater good here.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

But that's consistent with how Arrow handles Laurel's storylines. The setup takes forever and she's shown to be this awful character (or, in the case of her BC arc, a laughable fighter), and then 1 ep for them to tie everything up and, voila! Here's a new lighter Laurel/BC. They emphasize the negatives and don't let the positives breathe or be an earned moment. So the audience's take away is pretty much negative. *RME*

So the hug between Oliver/Felicity apparently happens after the Vision Quest? I love the idea that his first move is to apparently hold on tight to her :)

Edited to add: I think Stephen may loosen up a bit more around KC now that she doesn't seem to be angling for the love interest role anymore. I think that may have been a source of tension, acting wise. One half was doing the moony eyes, and the other half was giving off "Get away" vibes.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 12

There isn't really a narrative place for Laurel, she isn't really needed on the Team IMO, she doesn't serve as the in with law-enforcement or the DD/HIVE storyline  (both are QL roles), she isn't the Love interest, all she has is a comic book name. If they try to fit Laurel into the Tommy Role of S1 the life-long friend, they could maybe justify not writing the character out completely, since as far back as S2 LL has no impact on Oliver's personal journey.

I guess it's really frustrating for me to see Oliver get complaints and negativity and consequences in show for all his decisions, but Laurel get nothing, if it means she will move to the background again, I can overlook Teflon Laurel once again.

• Love 15

You know, with how simple saving Sara's soul was, I really don't get (well I get why bts) why Quentin didn't go with Laurel. He is in good enough shape to tug someone out of the pit.

Because then we couldn't have gotten the "do you trust me?" line from Oliver—and Laurel, of course, trusting him—to knock everyone over the head with their friendliness now. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

So the hug between Oliver/Felicity apparently happens after the Vision Quest? I love the idea that his first move is to apparently hold on tight to her :)

Yes. He's totally woozy and weak-legged, and he uses Felicity for literal and emotional support. It's super quick, but nice.

• Love 4

If I look for the worst-case scenario

in order to justify that she will be the shoulder Oliver cries on when Felicity is in the grave?

*jinx*

I'm genuinely not worried about that, at all.  My issues with this have to do with Laurel being a horrible person and behaving horribly in the episode and Oliver being all "Bygones!" about it.  

Oh, and just in general the promise of more scenes of the two of them.  I don't know that I have ever liked any scenes with the two of them.  Maybe the one in 4.2 with her sliding down the line he shot (I get that the physics don't work but I thought it was a decent stunt).

• Love 2

I actually felt warmth from Laurel in a couple of scenes with Oliver. And Amell also wasn't constipated! If this is the new vibe, it'll be less hilarious for me, but also less infuriating for everyone else? I'm willing to give up my point & laugh opportunities for the greater good here.

I'm not sure I am. 

• Love 1

It would've made more sense for Quentin and Laurel to go save Sara's soul, but they needed to drive home the new Laurel/Oliver friendship. I do hope even though it's copying Buffy that Laurel pulled Sara from a peaceful rest. So she can at least feel bad about it, if I get nothing else. 

The hallway scene might've been better if it wasn't "I'm sorry that my undead sister is going around killing people and trying to kill your sister, but what about MEEEE!!!!"

• Love 2

The hallway scene might've been better if it wasn't "I'm sorry that my undead sister is going around killing people and trying to kill your sister, but what about MEEEE!!!!"

Oliver: "Well, Laurel. You were my girlfriend EIGHT YEARS AGO and I cheated on you repeatedly, and then I cheated on you some more with your sister, who then died on a sex cruise, and I disappeared for five years and came back and you were with Tommy. And then you weren't, and we had sex and TOMMY SAW IT. Wait, did I ever tell you that? Yup, Tommy saw us boinking. Sorry. And then he died and I ran away and I fell in love with Felicity AND THEN I started dating Sara and kinda forgot you existed for awhile there, until you started showing up at the lair and wouldn't go away and well, it's been like eighteen months of awkwardness. Why would I ever tell you anything? You're the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, oh, look, I made a promo thing there, CW." *pats himself on the back*

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 22

Felicity dying is going to be a fear until the death actually happens. She is also going to keep getting the anvils so I would brace for it.

Oliver and Laurel. In real like would they be friends? No. I'll expand on that. FUCK NO. But this is TV and they can't keep the Oliver and Laurel relationship were it is(was?) at. Viewers would keep wondering why she was there, even more than they already do. Narratively this had to happen. I'm just glad they rushed the entire plot. One episode was all they gave this friendship and they glossed over a lot.

Oh I think a lot of the problem with KC and SA was their very different viewpoints on their characters. 

• Love 5

Such a tone deaf line, but consistent since she was all, "everyone leaves me!" Cuz, they, you know, died. 

• Love 7
Viewers would keep wondering why she was there, even more than they already do. Narratively this had to happen. I'm just glad they rushed the entire plot. One episode was all they gave this friendship and they glossed over a lot.

Also, there's an actual motif going on -- they're repairing all of Oliver's fractured relationships. 402 was Thea, 403 was Diggle, 404 was Lance, 405 was Laurel.

• Love 6

I keep seeing some of these journalists saying it was the best ep of the season thus far. 

Anyone agree?

Let's see: No one with their soul intact acted batshit crazy, the flashbacks were somewhat compelling. DD was pretty great, Quentin wasn't acting like an asshole. We learned some new info about dear brother Diggle.

I'd say that the cast interactions were all pretty great - O/F and Oliver and Thea especially. Sara's not on a zombie murder spree anymore.

Yeah, I'd say it was the best out of the five so far.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Hahaha I like crazy Ex-girlfriend, if only Laurel was half as self aware as Rebecca.

I wish that show had a better title, because it's incredibly charming and funny and yes Rebecca is self-aware. Laurel is just selfish and crazy, and I want her to go far far away.  Maybe she can move to wherever Tommy is....

• Love 2

I will be happy if we can get everyone on the same happy boat though. I need it change up for Laurel/Lance, though we still have Laurel finding out about her father working with DD. Just another secret needing revealed, though part of me thinks it will be done and over with by the time she finds out.

Also, there's an actual motif going on -- they're repairing all of Oliver's fractured relationships. 402 was Thea, 403 was Diggle, 404 was Lance, 405 was Laurel.

Really nice catch.

Sakura12, thanks for the screen caps. Damn it, Oliver is so happy. He's glowy and shiny smiling at Felicity there.

• Love 2

And 4x06 is Felicity. Oh I see. 

Though I'm thinking that is more solidifying.

• Love 4

I will be happy if we can get everyone on the same happy boat though. I need it change up for Laurel/Lance, though we still have Laurel finding out about her father working with DD. Just another secret needing revealed, though part of me thinks it will be done and over with by the time she finds out.

Since he's a double agent now, I don't think it'll be a big deal.