Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

But Lance has a HEART CONDITION the shock could KILL him!!

I would think seeing your dead for a year daughter alive again is more shocking then her dying. I guess Lance got over his heart condition like Laurel got over her alcohol problem. 

• Love 8

It sucks for me that DD is not her dad.I really wanted him.They better make her dad someone even better now but not feeling too excited.IMO no villain will get the kind of focus I want for Felicity's dad while DD is around.

I don't know how I feel about DD not being Felicity's father. On one hand, yeah! On the other, but NM! I want him to play such a big part in the season, and DD certainly does. They better not drop the ball on this.

I'm bummed but, I'm happy for those of you that hated the idea. I just want Felicity's father in S4 and for it to be important to the story.

Why does her dad have to be Evil? I want her to have a big story too but her dad being Evil doesn't guarantee that

I'm not sad that DD isn't Felicity's father. I've long said I'd prefer him to be an evil minion that was more of an antihero type. The moral ambiguity would be more interesting to play in a narrative sense since it would give Felicity a legitimate reason to be emotionally torn about him since the man she loves would be fighting her own flesh and blood. I'd prefer this whole storyline to be about Felicity, not a big DC villain.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 9

I think it would be best if Felicity's dad is a recurring Villain who can come back one or a couple episodes a season after his big arc is done. That means he can't be a major season villain. We already have Malcolm over extending his welcome. So Felicity's dad can't do crimes that his presence is unbelievable for good guys to be able to interact and converse. I want him to be an evil version of Felicity. Cute, babbling tech genius knowingly helping out bad guys or himself.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3

I am kind of happy that DD isn't her father. I was okay with it because I was just excited that we were finally going to get that storyline? But my fear is that it is again going to be "pushed back" like it has since season two because they "just ran out of time and they want to spend more time on it". So I'm torn on this news? I think I will always fear for Felicity's death and lack of storylines because yeah, she's not Comic Canon, and they seem to favour the idea of Comic Canon Storylines over anything else. (I am also annoyed that we will get the storyline of Oliver being a Surprise!Father before we get more information on Felicity that they have been promising that it was coming since season two). 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

I know I'm probably in a very very small group of Felicity fans who doesn't care if we ever meet her father, especially now that WM confirmed that he's evil. The bad dad has been done to death, I don't have high hopes that this show will do Felicity's bad dad any justice, and I'm content with knowing Donna - the parent who actually stuck around. If there was some nuance to the character, like he left them unwillingly...okay. But straight-up evil? Don't care. 

• Love 12

After that confirmation by Wendy, I'm more convinced than ever that we will get Papa Smoak this season and that he will indeed be connected with HIVE. Been thinking that since Damien mentioned associates and partners in the premiere. Damien will probably find himself fighting two fronts, if he does go increasingly nutso over the course of the season. I imagine his HIVE partners won't be happy if by midseason, Phase 3/Genesis (whatever it is) isn't quite ready yet because of Green Arrow. The partners intrigue me. I might have mentioned this already but really, how are they "controlling" Damien when he's got powers? Do they have powers, too? (Hope not) Or do they have leverage against him? The family mentioned in interviews?

I'm with everybody who's concerned the show will botch the handling of Papa Smoak. I've been waiting too long for this SL for Felicity.

• Love 5
(edited)

Why does her dad have to be Evil? I want her to have a big story too but her dad being Evil doesn't guarantee that

Because they flat out said her dad is a villain? Can't be a villain and not be evil. All of the hints dropped about her father by the TPTB have always lead me to believe her father would be a villain and the EPs just confirmed it.

It's their choice to make him a villain, I just wanted the most important villain to be her father since it guarantee an important storyline which, is what I want for Felicity. I want Felicity's story to be integral to the S4 story, the same way Diggle's storyline is tied to HIVE/Andy.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7

Because they flat out said her dad is a villain? Can't be a villain and not be evil. All of the hints dropped about her father by the TPTB have always lead me to believe her father would be a villain and the EPs just confirmed it.

It's their choice to make him a villain, I just wanted the most important villain to be her father since it guarantee an important storyline which, is what I want for Felicity. I want Felicity's story to be integral to the S4 story, the same way Diggle's storyline is tied to HIVE/Andy.

I'm with you I want her story to be integral as well. I'm just not confident these writers would make it about her

• Love 1

Yeah, as soon as Evil Woman (Fayad?) said that the partners of HIVE were not happy with DD, it seemed like Felicity's father might be one of them. 

I'm remembering David Ramsey's 'drop the mic'  response to who it's going to be and wondering who it could because that suggests it's someone recognizable from comics.  Arthur Light?  But he got mentioned on The Flash, didn't he?

I'm sad that I have to go out tonight because that episode + the comments here = comic gold.

Laurel's keeping Sara chained up in the basement of her apartment building. LMAO, I cannot. Fingers crossed for Mildred in 3B when she goes down to her storage space to get her Halloween decorations.

GODSPEED, 3B.

I need that to be a film. And I want to play it every Hallowe'en.

To me it absolutely matters.  If she was going to do this totally insane thing, she didn't have to do it RIGHT THEN.  Sara wasn't going to get any more dead if she'd waited a few days.  If she had taken ANY TIME to think about what she was doing, she could have prepared a safe place for Sara to be, aka not chained up and not chained up in an apartment building basement where tenants are likely to wander.  Nothing she is doing now is okay, and the fact that what she's doing now is arising out of the not-okay things she did before doesn't make her current not-okay things suddenly okay. 

To be fair to Laurel, she probably assumed that Sara would come out of the Pit like Thea, a little bit crazed from time to time but not so much that she needs to be chained in the basement.  Or she probably didn't think ahead at all because That's So Laurel.

To be fair to Laurel, she probably assumed that Sara would come out of the Pit like Thea, a little bit crazed from time to time but not so much that she needs to be chained in the basement.  

But Sara was obviously not okay when she came out of the pit, and has probably been chained up ever since Laurel and Thea left NP, so why exactly did Laurel bring her home? I can't wait for this storyline to be over.

• Love 2

I'm remembering David Ramsey's 'drop the mic'  response to who it's going to be and wondering who it could because that suggests it's someone recognizable from comics.  Arthur Light?  But he got mentioned on The Flash, didn't he?

Ok, everyone, start counting down all of the major Bat-Villains not named Joker, Penguin, Riddler or Catwoman!

• Love 4

Is it just me or does the photo with Oliver and Felicity look like she saw a mouse and got scared? :P Bae's got a booty made for jeans, though. But what's up with the poufy hair? #hairpeoplefail 

So it looks like they have almost everybody involved in the ritual? Sara in between Laurel and Oliver (I'd love for Constantine to go, "Oh you shagged them both, mate? The sisters? You're such a wanker!") 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 5

Is it just me or does the photo with Oliver and Felicity look like she saw a mouse and got scared? :P Bae's got a booty made for jeans, though. But what's up with the poufy hair? #hairpeoplefail 

So it looks like they have almost everybody involved in the ritual? Sara in between Laurel and Oliver (I'd love for Constantine to go, "Oh you shagged them both, mate? The sisters? You're such a wanker!")

If you are Talking about Felicity yes I'm liking the booty in jeans but she's had DAT ASS for a while now lol

• Love 1

Regarding that pic of Thea in the hospital, perhaps Sara attacks her? Or her craziness causes her to get hurt? I wonder if it is before or after the seance.

I was thinking Sara as well. Though it wouldn't be too bad if Thea's crazy acted up during Constantine's visit. They might get a group discount.

• Love 3

The rest of the pics from 4.05 look shitty, honestly.  Why do they have to keep going to Nanda, and why are Oliver and Laurel holding hands over Sara while Quentin stands nearby?  Why wouldn't it be her dad and her sister bringing her soul back or whatever shenanigans rather than her ex-bf and her sister?

• Love 5

The rest of the pics from 4.05 look shitty, honestly.  Why do they have to keep going to Nanda, and why are Oliver and Laurel holding hands over Sara while Quentin stands nearby?  Why wouldn't it be her dad and her sister bringing her soul back or whatever shenanigans rather than her ex-bf and her sister?

Where are those pics? Not that I really want to see them. Never mind.

Any bets on whether or not Constantine is going to call LL a pretty bird this episode??? 

Maybe he tells her, You're one messed up bird. That would be appropriate.

I wonder if this is the opposite of the hallway scene SA talked about? Like Sara brings Oliver and Laurel together instead of apart? Or something? 

IDK, I've had a couple of drinks and no dinner.

• Love 2

The rest of the pics from 4.05 look shitty, honestly. Why do they have to keep going to Nanda, and why are Oliver and Laurel holding hands over Sara while Quentin stands nearby? Why wouldn't it be her dad and her sister bringing her soul back or whatever shenanigans rather than her ex-bf and her sister?

They're in Nanda Parbat? I thought they were in the lair.

But yeah, it's odd that it's Oliver and Laurel rather than Quentin and Laurel.

This sounds so petty but why is Oliver holding Laurel's hand it's unnecessary [edited by mod: Lauriver fan talk = NOPE.]

Who even cares? They're holding hands over a soulless body that Laurel ripped out of the ground and threw into a magical hot tub, haha. A soulless body that it seems is trying to murder Thea, so well done!

• Love 8

Where are those pics? Not that I really want to see them. Never mind.

Maybe he tells her, You're one messed up bird. That would be appropriate.

The link is on the spoilers only page.  Looks like Sara attacks Thea in the hospital (not clear what put Thea in the hospital in the first place).  Oliver and Laurel have a moment in that hallway (presumably that's the "opposite of the hallway scene" from 2.14).  Because sure, Oliver should totally tell Laurel how much he values her or whatever BS after she raised her rotting sister from the dead, manipulated his sister, chained her own sister in her apartment building basement, and then her sister attacks his sister because, you know, she was raised from the dead.

JFC this is so goddamn dumb.  At some point they're back in Nanda, although the seance seems to occur in the new lair.  I am SO TIRED OF NANDA AND THE LOA.  

• Love 6

But yeah, it's odd that it's Oliver and Laurel rather than Quentin and Laurel.

Well, you could call it fanservice but as we know only some are allowed to call storylines the bad, bad word.... ;-)

If it is the opposite of the hallway scene, he will probably tell her that he will be there for her because last time he was done with her...

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 5

Who even cares? They're holding hands over a soulless body that Laurel ripped out of the ground and threw into a magical hot tub, haha. A soulless body that it seems is trying to murder Thea, so well done!

LOL I agree but it's dumb

Well no, I'm not worried about it (basically what apnknightmare said) but I'm just puzzling over what might call for Oliver to even be involved in the ritual. I would have assumed her two blood relatives would be the ones involved.

ETA: maybe they need a relative and an (ex) lover? And Nyssa's presumably still locked in Malcolm's dungeons.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

Also, dear Sara, for the love of all things unholy, after your soul is back on your body, PLEASE find a doctor that can give you a course of the good antibiotics, and an A+ dermatologist that can look over your entire body that stayed in rotten leathers for an entire month.

• Love 6

Well no, I'm not worried about it (basically what apnknightmare said) but I'm just puzzling over what might call for Oliver to even be involved in the ritual. I would have assume her two blood relatives would be the ones involved.

Exactly.  Why Laurel and Oliver and not Laurel and SARA'S FATHER (who is standing right there, so not like he's unavailable).

When are we done with all this annoying-ass LoT setup?

I'm over the new Arrow suit.  It really is not flattering on SA.

http://images.spoilertv.com/Arrow/Season%204/Promotional%20Episode%20Photos/Episode%204.05%20-%20Haunted/CScILU2UsAAgsHC.jpg.php

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

Well no, I'm not worried about it (basically what apnknightmare said) but I'm just puzzling over what might call for Oliver to even be involved in the ritual. I would have assume her two blood relatives would be the ones involved.

Yeah, I'm a little confused too. If it's two people who loved Sara, then Quentin should be there. Relatives, Laurel and Quentin. Unless this spell or whatever is supposed to heal some kind of bad blood or sister swapping bad juju, I don't really get it. Or maybe it's because they've both put people they love in the Pit? Although why that would matter, IDK. 

• Love 6